Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2016 hottest year ever recorded – and scientists say human activity to blame

umbertino

Final data confirms record-breaking temperatures for third year in a row

Earth has not been this warm for 115,000 years

Damian Carrington

Wednesday 18 January 2017 15.30 GMT

4419.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=af49e2f037424227c6e26b3fcfa246c4
The natural El Niño climate phenomenon helped ramp up temperatures to “shocking” levels in early 2016.
Photograph: P B Verma/Barcroft Images

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/18/2016-hottest-year-ever-recorded-and-scientists-say-human-activity-to-blame

• Downvote 2

We are having to listen, I buy very little into this Global warming thing. Upon much research that I have done, I would like to let you all know that the Earth is in the middle of its glacial cycle. Most of these glacial cycles have happened after the Dinosaurs became extinct and  the glacial cycle starred  between 1 and 2 million years ago.

The Earth is still coming out of the last ice age in which global temperatures are still rising to melt all of the glaciars. There have questions as to where all the natural occurring Carbon is coming from to trap all the heat of the sun. Many scientists have said it may be coming from the oceans depths. Others suggest that it may becoming from the northern forest that circles the upper latitude s ofthe planet. 

Perhaps in a few thousand years the next ice age will happen as have happened in the past. Until then we are in the midst  of warming period, and it may only get warmer. There was a time when Antarctica was nothing but a lush jungle continent. So where are we at?  We are having to listen to world  governments tell us that human activity is causing Global warming. I think not. IMO , I would say that very little of the current global warming is caused by human activity. It is all out on the internet for everyone to read for along time.

in fact, should all the ice on Green Land melts  and all this water went into the northern Atlantic then it would shut off all of the warm gulf  stream which gives England and most of Europe their mild climates, thus triggering a new ice age. Now the cycle starts all over again..

Eventualy it will get colder again and I wonder what people will think then. As for now, we will all have to suck it up

Dave, AKA: Seabee

• Upvote 5

Hi Dave,

I came across your post from 2012 about A/O being used on Diego Garcia and I've started reading your posts on here and I have to say, you are a good writer and very interesting to read.  : )

This is off topic of your post, but I'd like to ask you a question.  Did you know any of the guys who worked in the CTR (right next to MLO)?  My Dad, Al Clairmont, was on DG from Jan/Feb to Nov of 1975.  He actually wanted me to ask.  : ). He was an MCB 3.  If this name rings a bell, please reply back because he'd love to get in contact (if you know/remember him).

Thanks!

Stephanie (Al_C)

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2017 at 8:21 PM, Al_C said:

Hi Dave,

I came across your post from 2012 about A/O being used on Diego Garcia and I've started reading your posts on here and I have to say, you are a good writer and very interesting to read.  : )

This is off topic of your post, but I'd like to ask you a question.  Did you know any of the guys who worked in the CTR (right next to MLO)?  My Dad, Al Clairmont, was on DG from Jan/Feb to Nov of 1975.  He actually wanted me to ask.  : ). He was an MCB 3.  If this name rings a bell, please reply back because he'd love to get in contact (if you know/remember him).

Thanks!

Stephanie (Al_C)

Hi Stephanie,,

I would like to thank you  for your wonderful reply. I really hate to have to tell you this. I did not know you dad. You see Stephanie, i was in NMCB 5 in MLO . I did not get to Diego till Sept of 1975 and was there till June 1975. Diego Garcia was one of the most beautiful and tropical places I ever spent eight  months in the world. Our hooch, our MLO crew stayed in was just 75 feet from the ocean and it's trade winds. As for the CTR crew they lived even  closer to the ocean.

i would appreciate it if you could ask your dad a question. He may not know this and that is okay. Was your dad aware of any Agent Orange containers stored  in conic boxes in the MLO yard? The island was supposedly sprayed with defoliants in 1971 to clear the way for the Seabees and too clear the trees and jungle growth for the large runway facility. Myself and a friend had contact with the conix boxes several times over the eight months. There were two barrels that we recall that had white with orange stripes. There other barrels with unknown defoliants were rusted and leaking as was the white barrels and running on the floor of the box.

As a result I have been plagued with several medical problems. They include Addison Disease, Hepatitis B, type 2 Diabetes, liver cancer just to name a few. I am constantly sick from my Addison Diseae and have to give myself an injection to get the illness to pass. After several request to the VA and my Congressman, I keep hitting a brick wall in which they deny everything.  So if yo can ask your dad if he knows anything that would be great.

As for the Dinar, I just hope I am not dead when it R V's

Thanks

Dave, AKA: Seabee

• Upvote 3

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  I want to say, I'm very sorry that you have had to suffer from all the different illnesses.  It's awful and it's not right.

I talked to my dad and he said he left DG in late Oct or early Nov of 1975 (he remembers that because he was able to come home and go deer hunting!).  It sounds like both of you must have been there for a bit, but not too long.  Considering there were quite a few guys there, it's not hard to see how you might not have even met each other.

My dad was telling me the conicks boxes behind the CTR were all full of tools and supplies, as he was in all of them to inventory supplies and that there were a whole different bunch of the conicks boxes behind the MLO building that he was never in.  He also said he never knew for sure of any A/O was used on the island, but he did hear lots of rumors that it had been used.  You mentioned barrels with orange stripes that were marked "dioxin"?  I've been doing some research online for my dad and came across an article online talking about the A/O used during Vietnam.  The article said it was "It was given its name from the color of the orange-striped barrels in which it was shipped".  Also dioxin, which you mentioned was marked on the barrels you saw, is an ingredient used in making A/O.  In fact, the article I read said the A/O used in Vietnam was contaminated with TCDD, which it was said to be an "extremely toxic dioxin compound".

My dad was very recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, thus the reason for all my research online.  His doctor at the VA also had asked him point blank if he had ever been exposed to A/O and that he (the doctor) had seen lots of Vietnam era vets who had come down with Parkinson's, among other things...due to A/O exposure.  My dad also has a friend out in the Portland area who is on medical marijuana to help with his illnesses, which have yet to be figured out by doctors.  Seems to me, with what you saw on DG, and both what my dad has said and what my research has shown me, I agree with you on the fact that A/O must have been used on DG.

I do hope you are able to get some relief for your illnesses.  Take care.

Stephanie (Al_C)

• Upvote 2