Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank's Doaڕۆژ: delete the zeros of hard currency for the time being

yota691

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

the Iraqi Central Bank did not specify a date for the deletion of zeros from the currency dinar," noting that "subject to availability of appropriate conditions, including the general stability in the country

well it has  the Mosul  under tones  here ,  stability in the country ,  ------->  appropriate conditions ,   let see ,  wonder if that means after the large L A R G E  soft  loan, and the price of oil too 65 per barrel , would that be appropriate enough ?  how about throw  some h-c-l  in too sweeten the pot !  { there will aways be  a reason for delay...  look dang it ,  what will the re-value of dinar do for Iraqis  any way ?  will not make them super rich , will it ?   say 1 too 1  value against the dollar ,  there is  nothing different except the Iraqi folks might use the dinar  more than the dollar ,  every thing remains the same ,  just different currency , am I right ?  say " 1 30  per 1  dollar  a dinar is worth 1 30  each ,   now  the Iraqi`s have  purchasing power ,  they will loose the dollar  really fast ,  and they have  30 cents  too play with ,,,  but in the real scheme of things  nothing  changes on the streets  for Iraqi`s ,  { same thing  as a  raise in your  or mine  pay check ,  we get a raise  in pay  it  goes a little futher ,  but it doesn't   get us rich  ,  in fact we get  taxed a little more  }  so with a 1 30  dinar value  they get  even  values  and more taxation ....  so what  the hell is the hold up !  }  

1 hour ago, drj said:

With all of the other articles that have come out recently, I'm calling SMOKE on this one!  Everyone knows that the closer we get to an RV, the more you will see articles like this one!  We are very close!

hope your right dr j 

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 3

Good morning Yota and DV,

We will see many conflicting reports about deletion of zeros in the next while, no worries, the IQD will revalue when the timing is right and imo that time is approaching. I have believed that the liberation of Mosul and a fully functioning electrical grid is perhaps 2 of the main reasons that could bring the other important issues to fall into place. The central bank wants to bring in as much "chunky money" they can and they are enticing citizens to do so, coalition forces are putting the final touches on IS in Mosul, Abadi will announce new ministers next week to complete his government, oil is 10 usd above budget target rate, and the list goes on. Progress is happening very quickly and we can plainly see it on a daily basis, thanks to Yota and our team of news hounds. I believe we are in the final stages and a change in value of the IQD imminent, be ready :peace:

• Upvote 11

When they say it operates in accordance with the monetary and fiscal policies which are managed accurately

and "feminization".... are they eluding to that  Iraqi Janet Yellin dame at the Iraq Economic & Investment Commission - Najiba Najib...?

'Cause THAT chick don't want this thing to go down for like another coupla YEARS.....!   :angry:

Wasn't it said SHE's the reason it didn't go down in 2014, too....?  <_<

What is she  - the evil maliki's side piece -- keeping Iraq's success at bay until IRAN marches in and takes over....?  <_<

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Smoke or Not - I expected to see this ! You had the IMF SBA stating no currency movement until 2018/2019. If that's the Smoke Plan to throw everyone off .-it might be working.

There's folks there that dont want this for several more years at least-gonna cause allot of mighty upset folks if this were to happen.

Why then all the positive ( reform/going international ) hoopla articles these past months - some kinda cruel sick joke or a whole lotta smoke ? 

Abadi knows the pulse of the people - ya think he can convince folks to wait 'til 2019 ? it's all they been talking about for the last year is REFORMS etc.

• Upvote 8

Your right there 10YearsLater.  We have had numerous articles about the GOI and what they have done to enter the global markets and help their citizens. Now recently it is all about international bank codes, international business deals and international loans. Not a lot of local GOI stuff other than wanting to pass important laws.  Sounds like someone is ready to go international.   

• Upvote 7

I think one of the myths being perpetrated is that passage of the HCL will equate to an immediate RV. While they need to pass the HCL they need to implement it before they begin to distribute funds to its citizens. Iraq was given the IBAN number as far back as October 2016 but they didn't implement it until January 2, 2017. The last half of 2019 falls into line with the three- year Standby Arrangement recently signed in July 2016. While Iraq has made vast improvements on the road to an RV they still have a ways to go including the 100% liberation of Mosul. They are roughly 50-55% which is just the eastern half. Abadi said by the Summer which is roughly June 2017, give or take a couple of months. Non-oil profits were roughly 7.5% last year. They need to increase this. Last year approximately 300K electronic cards were issued. This number also needs to increase substantially along with non-oil revenue sectors. Remember this is a buy and hold investment. I honestly don't see them passing the HCL until mid-2018 or later. One other thing, oil prices need to remain above their target price for months not just hit it. Let Iraq keep making the progress they are. I would rather see a comfortable rate exchange as their initial offering than a forced rate that drops in value after release. Patience is a virtue and in some cases so is distance.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

18 minutes ago, Theseus said:

I think one of the myths being perpetrated is that passage of the HCL will equate to an immediate RV. While they need to pass the HCL they need to implement it before they begin to distribute funds to its citizens. Iraq was given the IBAN number as far back as October 2016 but they didn't implement it until January 2, 2017. The last half of 2019 falls into line with the three- year Standby Arrangement recently signed in July 2016. While Iraq has made vast improvements on the road to an RV they still have a ways to go including the 100% liberation of Mosul. They are roughly 50-55% which is just the eastern half. Abadi said by the Summer which is roughly June 2017, give or take a couple of months. Non-oil profits were roughly 7.5% last year. They need to increase this. Last year approximately 300K electronic cards were issued. This number also needs to increase substantially along with non-oil revenue sectors. Remember this is a buy and hold investment. I honestly don't see them passing the HCL until mid-2018 or later. One other thing, oil prices need to remain above their target price for months not just hit it. Let Iraq keep making the progress they are. I would rather see a comfortable rate exchange as their initial offering than a forced rate that drops in value after release. Patience is a virtue and in some cases so is distance.

I'm in agreement Theseus. A lot of progress has been made, but not enough imo for the CBI to pull the trigger. I hope to high heaven that it will happen before 2019, but there really is no way to know for sure. I've heard a ton of theories and opinions on what it will take for the RV to happen, but I am not convinced anyone knows for absolutely sure.  jmho. So, we wait until it does happen and hopefully it will before some of us are too old to enjoy it. 🤞

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

"noting that "subject to availability of appropriate conditions, including the general stability in the country."

No need to hump his a** we all know hes right, it is postponed until they have security stability and a fully seated government. We have known this ever since Shabs told us this years ago and we have never had those 3 line up in Iraq in the last 15 years. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Artitech said:

We will know this week if its going to drag out another year! at least there is a little hope left for this year no need to pop my bubble before the 20th !  :praying:

do I hear  fitty cents , 50 cents 50 cents ,.....  86 cents , 86 cents 86 , 86 , 86 going once 86 going twiced 

• Upvote 4