Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament sets the second of next month as the date for the start of the second legislative term

yota691

54545454-5.jpg?x64347

Parliament determines the date of commencement of the second legislative term

Anmar Journal 9 minutes ago 0 Visit

BAGHDAD - The Journal News

The board has identified Presidency of the Council of Representatives, Sunday, the beginning of the second legislative term.

According to a parliamentary source (Journal News), "The House of Representatives has decided to be the beginning of the second legislative term of the third legislative year, on Tuesday, the tenth of January.

He ended the House of Representatives Wednesday (December 7, 2016), the first legislative term of the third legislative year, and to engage in the legislative recess and the estimated duration of forty Aoma.anthy 3

• Upvote 3

History of edits:: 12/25/2016 15:32 • 4 visits readable
Parliament starts the new season in the tenth of next month
[Where -bgdad] 
identified the presidency of the board of the House of Representatives the tenth of the month of January next date for the start of the second legislative term of the parliament.
According to a brief statement to the parliament received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of it, that " the board of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives has decided to be the beginning of the second legislative term of the third legislative year on Tuesday , [01/10/2017] at 11 am." 
Parliament has been announced in the seventh month of the current legislative term of the first legislative year , the third the third parliamentary session ends after the vote on the draft federal budget law for next year 2017.
  • Upvote 3

History of edits:: 12/25/2016 14:45 • 62 visits readable
Parliament determines the tenth of next month as the date for the start of the second legislative term
{Baghdad} Euphrates News identified the board Presidency of the Council of Representatives of the tenth month of next January as the date for the start of the second legislative term of the parliament.
According to a brief statement of the Council and Euphrates News Agency {} it received a copy of it, today that " the board of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives has decided to be the beginning of the legislative term of the second-third legislative year on Tuesday , {10-1}, at 11 o'clock." 
The, House Speaker Salim al - Jubouri, was announced on the seventh of this month, the legislative term of the first legislative year , the third the third parliamentary session ended, after a parliamentary vote on the draft federal budget law for next year 2017.anthy
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Well let's hope they can get the session off with a BANG by getting the HCL done.  

I'd be happy with a quorum, just for starters. Now they've had 17 days notice of the official start. Let's see if they can get their collective $hit together and accomplish anything substantial. Here's hoping 2017 is THE year.

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

Exactly what I thought 10yrs, but I gave them til the 8th since they announce on the 7th "one month" from now notification of starting sessions again...

But hey the 10th is cool, let's make it happen well before then though. Don't want to have to pay out anymore then you would want huh

10 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I could be wrong . . . I was sure I read the 7th of January as the start of the 1st session. As it's now the 10th, figures . . . 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Officiallytook said:

Exactly what I thought 10yrs, but I gave them til the 8th since they announce on the 7th "one month" from now notification of starting sessions again...

But hey the 10th is cool, let's make it happen well before then though. Don't want to have to pay out anymore then you would want huh

You be absolutely Spot On OT  - hanging in there and praying mightily for this to be resolved Sooner rather than Later  :praying:

• Upvote 1

Okay thinking this over excuse me I meditate, so things just sort of come to me and I take notice look up research etc...

But this is a wild one...so hang on...

Dunno if many remember my post/rant on me asking for when this going to happen, pink/green cap mismatch on the milk dated the 8th...made me think...what holidays do we observe in the US in Jan...I noticed Orthodox Christians celebrate their Christmas around this time after fasting...then I was like what the hell, let's ask google it their "are orthodox Christians in Iraq"...and low and behold google pops up with...

"Oriental Orthodoxy in Iraq is the majority of Christianity in Iraq. ... The Syriac Orthodox Church is headed by a patriarch in Damascus. There are Armenians in Iraq, who belong to the Armenian Apostolic Church. A sizable population have fled from Iraq."

now remember the bigass tree they put up, and all the talk of reunited Iraq and it's Christian brothers/sister etc...

well...anyone anyone...lol just high hopes...here's to praying

• Upvote 2

Parliament plans to enact a law "financial constitution" for Iraq

25/12/2016

Parliament plans to enact a law "financial constitution" for Iraq

BAGHDAD / JD / .. House of Representatives plans to enact a law regulating the financial management and public debt of Iraq at the beginning of the next legislative term.
A member of the committee MP Ahmad Rashid told / KD / Finance Committee that included financial and public debt management law, which is considered as a financial constitution for Iraq as a regulated financial administration of the country, to vote at the beginning of the next legislative term.
He added that the law had been read a first reading and then was the formation of specialized committees to study law, stressing that the law is now ready for Tsoat.anthy / 8 /
  • Upvote 2

With articles like this, it seems probable no RV until sometime early 2017 - hope I'm wrong on this. 

As positive as the news has been lately, there's always something popping up, still in need of completion. Whether any of it has a direct impact on the RV occurring; well, that's up to them isn't it.  

Sometimes it's difficult to shake the feeling these monkeys are going to continue to drag this out for who knows how long.  If that were to be the case, how would the citizenry react to yet further delays ? I do believe their patience meter is running on empty, NOW !

Further delays could perhaps, lead to citizen revolt locking down the country if things did turn ugly. Albeit, wore case scenario, the foot dragging of the GOI, corruption etc. doesn't exactly inspire; although Abadi and his like minded compadres fight the good fight, and to their credit, have made great gains.

Then again, reading the news, the RV appears to be very close at hand. 

I'd like to stop juggling monkeys and leave this circus far behind me. :rocking-chair:  :soon:

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

There has been so many articles that say early in the next year they will launch the project that I have hope that this ride will finally be over and I can get off this 10 train ride I have been on!

Here is to Hope!

" Here is to Hope ! "  :cheesehead: I'll raise a Pint to that sentiment !

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

You be absolutely Spot On OT  - hanging in there and praying mightily for this to be resolved Sooner rather than Later  :praying:

10 Years. Your patience will "soon" be rewarded. They told us first they would meet the 8th, but they will meet on the 10th. Then they will struggle with a quorum, because one month notice of their next meeting is not nearly long enough. Once they delay to get all the camels parked, they will wrestle with some nonsense bills like "additional taxes on camel taxi drivers, or my favorite from 2016, guidelines for bouncers at the local clubs". Then most honorable Ali Francois Smith Muhammad will stand, with his finger pointed high, and announce a bill for three day holiday in honor of a 1255 A.D. mission over the mountains from Turkey to bring much needed tea bags to the southern provinces. They will all jump on board and quickly vote that through, exit the parliament halls in record time, to re-adjourn at a yet-to-be-determined future date. Oh, the HCL and other urgent legislation....they're not going anywhere. Why hurry?? Right?? Open a cold one and sit back...........Happy New Year.

beer bottle

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, King Bean said:

10 Years. Your patience will "soon" be rewarded. They told us first they would meet the 8th, but they will meet on the 10th. Then they will struggle with a quorum, because one month notice of their next meeting is not nearly long enough. Once they delay to get all the camels parked, they will wrestle with some nonsense bills like "additional taxes on camel taxi drivers, or my favorite from 2016, guidelines for bouncers at the local clubs". Then most honorable Ali Francois Smith Muhammad will stand, with his finger pointed high, and announce a bill for three day holiday in honor of a 1255 A.D. mission over the mountains from Turkey to bring much needed tea bags to the southern provinces. They will all jump on board and quickly vote that through, exit the parliament halls in record time, to re-adjourn at a yet-to-be-determined future date. Oh, the HCL and other urgent legislation....they're not going anywhere. Why hurry?? Right?? Open a cold one and sit back...........Happy New Year.

beer bottle

Right you are . . . :cheesehead::cheesehead::cheesehead::cheesehead::cheesehead:

3302.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto&watermark=wmada1,wmada2

Iraqi Council of Representatives Hall (archive)

Author: NS 
Editor: NS 
28.12.2016 14:34 
Number of Views: 70

Long-Presse / Baghdad 

Select the Iraqi Council of Representatives, on Wednesday, the second day of the month next January 2017 as the date for the start of the second legislative term.

A statement by the Presidency of the Council of Representatives, received a (long-Presse), a copy of which, "The Legislative Chapter II of the House of Representatives will begin on Sunday, the (2 January 2017)," noting that "the date of the first meeting of the Council in this chapter will be on Tuesday the (10 of the month of January 2017), at 11:00. "

The House of Representatives decided to end the legislative term of the first third legislative year in the seventh month of December last and raise its for a month, after the approval of the general budget for 2017. 

• Upvote 5

28-12-2016 02:34 PM
image.php?token=7b1438bfe6d5505a3195f54fc9839318&size=

Legislative Chapter II of the House of Representatives will begin on Sunday, 01/02/2017. 
The date of the will be the first meeting of the Council in this chapter , on Tuesday, 10.1.2017 - 11 am.

• Upvote 3