Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Save The Americans!

Muleslayer

I hear what you're sayin'...Louisiana still has a lot of places to discover and explore...Having the means and ability to purchase a catamaran on the west coast or Hawaii (preferred) and then sailing it down the west coasts of the North, Central and South American coastlines including a wide swing around the ''Horn'' to the Great Barrier Reef....then back up the eastern coasts lingering in the Caribbeans and Bahamas finally limited to the Gulf of Mexico saltwater adventures...It'd be nice to have the diving/photo equipment to document this adventure above and below the water....:rolleyes:    B) 

• Upvote 1

***/// You must be a very young man to have THAT much energy to take on an adventure like that ! ;)

How about you hire us to handle your lines going through the Panama Canal and we'll all hang

out at 'OlSarge'sFishCamp for a few weeks instead...?! Then send you into the Carib.

We'd feel better knowing you're not taking on The Horn.... SO dangerous in a ship, much less a cat ! :(

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***/// You must be a very young man to have THAT much energy to take on an adventure like that ! ;)

How about you hire us to handle your lines going through the Panama Canal and we'll all hang

out at 'OlSarge'sFishCamp for a few weeks instead...?! Then send you into the Carib.

We'd feel better knowing you're not taking on The Horn.... SO dangerous in a ship, much less a cat ! :(

Well yea...Yall might have a point or two there...Seeing this was an adventure several of us Coasties dreamed about durin' my stent in the USCG...We had it all planned out on where we'd port/anchor/party...That was back when I was 18-21...bein' 58 now those lines could be a tad-bit more challengin' makin' that Port bend around the Horn...Peru and Rio aint quite as appealing as it was 40 years ago either....Although, I still want to dive the 'Great Barrier Reef''....Guess I could always book a dive trip down there...Hell, that might even save me from ending up shark shiite...A short cut through the 'Canal' with a hook-up for some fishing with a couple of Ladies and Captain Morgan does have an appeal to it....:rolleyes:   :P

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

There's a tropical island out there somewhere wit our name on it and I thinks we will all soon be ayre. 

........Bruther, I don't know which end of the boat you're on...but we're definitely on the same boat.....:twothumbs:

7 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Well yea...Yall might have a point or two there...Seeing this was an adventure several of us Coasties dreamed about durin' my stent in the USCG...We had it all planned out on where we'd port/anchor/party...That was back when I was 18-21...bein' 58 now those lines could be a tad-bit more challengin' makin' that Port bend around the Horn...Peru and Rio aint quite as appealing as it was 40 years ago either....Although, I still want to dive the 'Great Barrier Reef''....Guess I could always book a dive trip down there...Hell, that might even save me from ending up shark shiite...A short cut through the 'Canal' with a hook-up for some fishing with a couple of Ladies and Captain Morgan does have an appeal to it....:rolleyes:   :P

IT'S A DATE ! :D:twothumbs:

........Bruther, I don't know which end of the boat you're on...but we're definitely on the same boat.....:twothumbs:

Did you forget where ya left him, Cap'n...? :huh:  He's the greenhorn yer keel-haulin' off the stern !:P

Somebody throw that man a line already ! :lol:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, skeetdog said:

......''Roger That''.....:bravo:

Skeetdog,

I come from a long line of sailors, raised on mono-hulls but do not want to live at 45 degrees.

A cat is a comfortable 5 to 10 degrees which makes it more comfortable.

While the sails on a mono-hull will spill the kinetic force in unruly weather, a cat requires more diligence.

Age plays a factor for comfort and enjoyment and very few boats cannot be retrofitted for a short handed crew which leaves more time for the crew to have fun.

Any choice on the destination is the correct one for you and the journey can be pleasant with the proper choice on boat/length (except around the horn which is a total crap shoot even with modern weather technology).

I like to enjoy the journey so overkill works for me. I've had my, "Adventures" and enjoyed them all. Now older (but probably not much wiser) the journey must be enjoyable.

Weather is always a factor and is underestimated by many. Even with modern weather tracking models/experience, when the weather is coming we will stay in port and have fun... why rush.

Length guidelines: (Yes, a smaller length will work but why...)

Caribbean 54'+

Pacific (West side) 60'+

Pacific crossing 65'+

After the RV and before your purchase, let's chat (over a few cocktails of coarse...).

I hope to talk to you in early 2017.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, CaptainBVI said:

Any choice on the destination is the correct one for you and the journey can be pleasant with the proper choice on boat/length (except around the horn which is a total crap shoot even with modern weather technology).

***///

Thank you for backing us up on this, CAP'N... We would worry ourselves 1/2 sick thinking TheSKEETer would attempt

such a thing ! :(  After all, we only have the one irreplaceable SKEETer.... and Davey Jones can't have him ! ! ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainBVI said:

After the RV and before your purchase, let's chat (over a few cocktails of coarse...).

I hope to talk to you in early 2017.

Sounds like a good deal...''I've got the first round'':tiphat:

17 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

After all, we only have the one irreplaceable SKEETer.... and Davey Jones can't have him ! ! ;)

....Yall need to quit-it...I'm gittin' a warm-n-fuzzy feelin'.....:P   :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

did you pee your pants again skeet?

Just kidding...love ya!

OK, maybe it was the beans I had last nite....:P

:wub:  It's good to hear from ya and see ya postin'....We've all here been wonderin' and worry bout ''What's up with our SnowGlobe not postin'....As you can tell our two Mother-Hens aint letin' me git away with ''Sheout''....