Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The next currency to watch long term...

The Afgan currency given the recent discoveries of HUGE mineral reserves will have to rise in the long term and as Alli stated he will start selling it soon. This will be a long term investment and imho several yrs but it is worth looking into esp since it will be backed by tangible assets (Gold, Silver, Palladium, and other exotic rare minerals)... I also see the IDR moving as a long term investment and undervalued...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know how I missed these posts all this time!? Thanks for the info. I'm looking into diversifying, but didn't know the options outside the dong or yuan. And, I like the idea of getting involved at the ground level and watching a country grow. Thank you for sharing. You rock!

The Afgan currency given the recent discoveries of HUGE mineral reserves will have to rise in the long term and as Alli stated he will start selling it soon. This will be a long term investment and imho several yrs but it is worth looking into esp since it will be backed by tangible assets (Gold, Silver, Palladium, and other exotic rare minerals)... I also see the IDR moving as a long term investment and undervalued...

I favor the Russian Ruble.. Russia has a tremendious amount of oil, N.G, gold, platinum, paladium, nickel,,,etc...etc...etc.. The amount of backing for the Ruble is huge... JMHO!

• Upvote 1

I favor the Russian Ruble.. Russia has a tremendious amount of oil, N.G, gold, platinum, paladium, nickel,,,etc...etc...etc.. The amount of backing for the Ruble is huge... JMHO!

Who would have ever dreamed that the Russian Ruble (RUB) would be at the very least a "safe" place to put your money to avoid hyperinflation and collapse!

Didn't they just discover a huge deposit of lithium in Afghanistan ... or was it Pakistan (oops)

I don't care what you say ... given an oportunity I will own more VND for the long haul ... Intel, HP, and all the car companies ... give it 5 -15 years it will be a powerhouse like all of the other countries that we farmed out our industry to with low labor costs. They aren't low any more and neither are their currencies ... just ask Japan, China, Hong Kong, etc

Thanks for the post

• Upvote 5

Don't waste your time on the VND. Silver is where the ticket is. Few people actually know that there is less silver then gold. They are both being manipulated to keep them low because they are both used in many electronics. Silver reserves have already been shown will run out before gold and at these prices it's a steal.Typically silver has followed a trading pattern behind gold except for the last 5 years. This will change as the supplies continue to run out.

• Upvote 11

I started thinking about the Afghan currency myself after the news regarding the precious minerals found. That country is in rough shape though and I don't think it will ever stabilize enough for it's currency to be valuable.

Which is why I will seek the advice of experts regarding this and any other investments... :lol:

The Iranian currency is also another good possibility(see above sentence)

thanks for the info cabletech

• Upvote 1

Don't waste your time on the VND. Silver is where the ticket is. Few people actually know that there is less silver then gold. They are both being manipulated to keep them low because they are both used in many electronics. Silver reserves have already been shown will run out before gold and at these prices it's a steal.Typically silver has followed a trading pattern behind gold except for the last 5 years. This will change as the supplies continue to run out.

Amen to that. One of my plans is to invest part of my RV windfall in the poor man's gold if this RV ever happens before I'm pushin' up daisies.

• Upvote 2

VND will never RV in MHO! I am trying to buy Silver Eagles when I can..

• 4 months later...

Yep, silver is the way to go. It's looking to double or even triple it's value in the next year or two. You are correct in that silver is used in the industrial market. It is also used in the medical and pharmaceutical fields as well. At current prices a million dollars in silver weighs about 2700 pounds. I'm going to need a big safe! :D

• Upvote 2

According to XE, Afghanistan is AFN

And IDR is for the Indonesian Rupiah

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=EUR

Click on the dropdown "Chart from" or Chart to", and you will get the list of currencies with their respective ticker symbols.

And the recommendations about silver here are spot on - much more upside. Just realize that it's trading at a bit of a technical premium now.

I looked at this website from the 10Y (year) perspective for both AFN and IDR. When I compare TO the USD, it looks to me like their values are not much different than they were 10 years ago. They may have dropped, but they have risen again. However, when I compare FROM USD To that currency, I can definately see the drop, especially for AFN. It is worthy of some thought. I only have so much savings to gamble in this IQD process. Once I cash in, I can contemplate about putting money into AFN.

According to my advance portfolio class, owning the Canadian dollar is a long term hedge against the dollar...Canada has vast amounts of commodities and a small, well educated population...they are super nice as well (I lived there for 2 years)! :twocents:

• Upvote 3

From what I understand, and a lot of this is conspiracy theory, but we are in Afganistan because there is a HUGE deposit of rare earth elements there that we are trying to have some control over. In case you don't know, rare earth elements go into just about everything Hi-tech from phones, to gps, to missle guidance systems. Without them we can't build any of these things, and currently China holds about 80% of the world's KNOWN REE deposits and have threatened to cut back exports of this valuable commodity to the rest of the world.

But don't take my word for it...look it up.

According to my advance portfolio class, owning the Canadian dollar is a long term hedge against the dollar...Canada has vast amounts of commodities and a small, well educated population...they are super nice as well (I lived there for 2 years)! :twocents:

Look up Yukon Gold and the Golden Triangle in canada, especially the golden triangle and how the canadian government has reserved some $2 billion to start bringing in the infrastructure to this vast, but very precious metal rich area of canada.

• Upvote 2

there was a great article this year on them printing more than they should , and not approved for the main man to come back , not muck proof on this from me today , but I will deliver tomorrow , cool.gif

Very true I sell currency and I have a major stake in The afghani $

I looked at this website from the 10Y (year) perspective for both AFN and IDR. When I compare TO the USD, it looks to me like their values are not much different than they were 10 years ago. They may have dropped, but they have risen again. However, when I compare FROM USD To that currency, I can definately see the drop, especially for AFN. It is worthy of some thought. I only have so much savings to gamble in this IQD process. Once I cash in, I can contemplate about putting money into AFN.

Actually, both the AFN and IDR are currently strong vs. the USD, so now, not exactly the best time to be buying them - you buy w/ USD when the USD is strong against them. If the USD surges here in the coming months (due to the Euro problems), then you should see a better rate than what you see now.

CAD as a hedge vs. the USD, in a way, yes , but gold and oil and even stocks are the prototypical hedges against a weak USD. Any of the commodity currencies besides the CAD, like the AUD, BRL, they work the same way but are better than the CAD because their economies aren't as closely connected to the U.S. as is Canada's. The AUD is probably the best commodity currency to play against the USD.

• 4 months later...

Yep, silver is the way to go. It's looking to double or even triple it's value in the next year or two. You are correct in that silver is used in the industrial market. It is also used in the medical and pharmaceutical fields as well. At current prices a million dollars in silver weighs about 2700 pounds. I'm going to need a big safe! :D

Where would you buy silver from? I have no clue about it. Does it come in "

Bars", since you talked about the weight...

Sorry If i sound stupid. I am not, just all of this is new to me. If you have a good source, I would appreciate knowing, so if and when this happens, I can invest somewhere.. thank you!

Where would you buy silver from? I have no clue about it. Does it come in "

Bars", since you talked about the weight...

Sorry If i sound stupid. I am not, just all of this is new to me. If you have a good source, I would appreciate knowing, so if and when this happens, I can invest somewhere.. thank you!

MONEX.com

APMEX.com

Bars and/or Coins, whatever your preference is... I have found that buying the 100oz silver bullion is the most economical way to go in most cases. If I remember correctly, APMEX was a little cheaper for the 100 oz silver bullion bars.

• Upvote 1