Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Preparations to celebrate Christmas

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting While Attaching A Crane To A Camel To Put Up The Ornaments ! 

(by FrostyTheSnowman)

image.jpg
A Muslim businessman has erected the tallest Christmas tree in Baghdad as a show of solidarity with Christians during the holiday season.

Yassir Saad told The Associated Press on Thursday that the initiative aims at "joining our Christian brothers in their holiday celebrations and helping Iraqis forget their anguish, especially the war in Mosul," where Iraqi forces are battling the Islamic State group.

The 85-foot-tall (26-meter) artificial tree, with a diameter of 33 feet (10 meters), has been erected in the center of an amusement park in the Iraqi capital. Saad says the initiative cost around $24,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new.....e-baghdad/

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, siberian_shaddow said:

Much appreciated Thugs, maybe Santa will bring you a new Clown suit and some nice new bright and shiny clown shoes.

I Had To Write TGIF On My Clown Shoes - Which Stands For Toes Go In First ! :blink:

:D   :D   :D

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, unirod said:

IMO they spent about 23 million IQD too much on that ugly tree!

***///

DUDE ! :huh:  Focus on the message !  :o

Like when you have to wear the ugly sweater your Grandma knitted for ya when she comes to Christmas dinner!:P

If this isn't an effort to unite Iraq this Season, don't know what would be....:confused2:

Our thoughts are with those trapped in Mosul today, starving to death and being slaughtered by the evil da'esh as they

try to obtain the rations the aid agencies are trying to get in there....

They're now talking perhaps months to free them....

They don't have months...

Pray for them.  Wish they could see this tree.... :(

• Upvote 5

Hi Sarge!

Interestingly the Muslim faith believes itself to be the pure and unadulterated truth of God. So would a symbol that represents Pagan worship set up in a public square serve to unite Muslims and Christians? Or just cause further irritation? Just look at the tension in Jerusalem as an example of never ending tension. The Muslim world understands clearly what the evergreen tree represents and it offends them, especially the Religious leaders who fuel violence! I am not saying their behavior is right or justified. The Christmas Tree is a Pagan symbol of the ancients. Don't believe me? look it up on Google and inform yourself. Muslims look at Christians as stupid and influenced by Satan for adopting such symbolism into worship that should be honoring their Lord and Savior Christ! Muslims honor Jesus as a great prophet! There is no symbol in the Christmas holiday that has roots free from paganism. The very celebration of Christmas is honoring the Sun God cult of the ancients. there are many quotes in the book "The Two Babylons" by Alexander Hislop that shed light on the origins of all this.

My point is that the tree planted in Iraq may be well intentioned, but a Christmas tree will not fix the problems there as you must try to look at some things through Islamic eyes. Unfortunately the businessman is trying to push good sense in an easily offended community. This is why in part my comment called the tree ugly! So I believe that I was staying on point Sargent as you have to look a little deeper at things. :) 

Please be assured I'm not trying to body slam anybody or be disrespectful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

***///

A tree is not always a symbol of pagan worship.

Greenery in the home during Winter is not always about The Christ Child.

Now the giving of gifts it could be said is representative of The 3 Wise Men who came to

see The New Born King, bearing him gifts.... and yup, they were not all Christians, were they?

Came to The Baby's birth with presents... just like we do when we go to a baby shower !

Except we don't ride in on camels ! :P

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the article DinarThug, I will accept the article just as it was presented an intended...Simple

Oh an for the record when I see a Christmas tree my first thought isn't about some pagan worship or fighting between Muslim 

s or Christians...it's about Santa Clause, I know, I know..kinda childish but that's what me an millions of people across the world think of. 

Of all the years I traveled through that little city of Dubai an walking through those big gallarias an malls at Christmas time an with all the Christmas trees an decorations out, the only thought on my mind an obviously everyone else's mind was spending money an giving presents. 

Just my simple upbringing I suppose but I try to take not only Christmas but Halloween at face value without adding all the drama that some adults try to splin into it. I believe there are a lot of those middle eastern Christians that think just like I do...just my opinion of course...

• Upvote 6

***///

Nice job of it DoD

Yup, sometimes a tree is just a tree and sometimes,

to others, a symbol of a Religious event...

and then to others, a cheerful practice to ward off the blues of cabin fever in the middle of Winter...

or like now-a-days (it seems) just a reminder to shop, til you drop ! :P

And Halloween isn't always about pagans and heathens...:confused2:

In the Fall the crops are in and the berries picked... time to give thanks for the bounty and

share it with the little ones who went house to house receiving treats from the neighbors for helping

them in the fields.

Children worked hard and deserved the treats.

Times have changed this, too...  now we just give the little beggars sugar so they won't trash the house

after we've yelled at them all year long to "get the hell off our lawn !..."  :lol:

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///

Nice job of it DoD

Yup, sometimes a tree is just a tree and sometimes,

to others, a symbol of a Religious event...

and then to others, a cheerful practice to ward off the blues of cabin fever in the middle of Winter...

or like now-a-days (it seems) just a reminder to shop, til you drop ! :P

And Halloween isn't always about pagans and heathens...:confused2:

In the Fall the crops are in and the berries picked... time to give thanks for the bounty and

share it with the little ones who went house to house receiving treats from the neighbors for helping

them in the fields.

Children worked hard and deserved the treats.

Times have changed this, too...  now we just give the little beggars sugar so they won't trash the house

after we've yelled at them all year long to "get the hell off our lawn !..."  :lol:

Note to self.. when you visit the Girls, stay on the dam sidewalk !  or your going to get your :butt-kicking:

Edited by Boozer
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Boozer said:

Note to self.. when you visit the Girls, stay on the dam sidewalk !  or your going to get your :butt-kicking:

***///

You don't strike us as the type to sue us if your little darling 'snowflake' tears across our lawn on a bike,

hits and breaks a sprinkler head, falls off the bike,  handlebars and pedals gouge our perfect lawn,

then scream bloody murder that it was somehow our fault.

So yer welcome to c'mon over any time. :P Bring Gin & olives. :P

• Upvote 3

LINK

GAM declared monument birthday tent light the tree in the Mansour and Karrada

54f253b5-9875-400a-9db9-cb16714da552_16x9_600x338  December 20, 2016 -

It announced the Municipality of Baghdad, on Tuesday, monument holiday Christmas tree and a tent light in Mansour, Karrada in preparation for the New Year's Day, emphasizing the creation of opportunities for all the families of Baghdad to mark the occasion.

The Secretariat said in a statement that it "began to receive Bastaadadadtha revelers Christmas and New Year by setting up a number of recreational activities, including the Christmas tree erected a tent and light at the intersection of Pioneer Mansour district with funding from the (Glocal) institution."

The Secretariat added that "the municipality of Karrada Department initiated are other monument Christmas tree in the yard of conquest against the National Theatre as well as a number of bulletins decorations and various entertainment events and other cooperation with civil society organizations," he said, adding "it is keen to create all the opportunities for families Baghdad to mark the occasion and enjoy the recreational facilities and games in the shadow of high security and stability experienced by the capital thanks to the efforts of the security forces and impressive victories in eliminating the terrorist factions.

• Upvote 4

1.jpg

21/12/2016 0:00 

BAGHDAD / morning  
began the secretariat of Baghdad preparations to celebrate Christmas and New Year 's Day through the establishment of a variety of recreational activities. According to an official statement the "morning" received a copy of it, it "will be greeted revelers Christmas and New Year 's Day through the establishment of a number of recreational activities , including a tent erected Christmas and light the tree at the intersection of the pioneers in the Mansour district." He pointed out that " the municipality of Karrada Department initiated are other monument in the Christmas tree (yard opening) opposite the National Theater , along with a number of bulletins decorations and various entertainment events in collaboration with other civil society organizations." He said the "Baghdad Municipality is keen to create opportunities for all the families of Baghdad to mark the occasion and enjoy the recreational facilities and games in the shadow of high security and stability experienced by the capital Baghdad , thanks to the efforts of the security forces and impressive victories in eliminating the terrorist factions."
  • Upvote 1

History of edits:: 22/12/2016 12:39 • 100 visits readable
Baghdad: monument biggest Christmas tree in Iraq, up to 30 meters
{Baghdad} Euphrates News announced that the secretariat of Baghdad, on Thursday, set up the biggest Christmas tree in Iraq, it reaches a height of 30 meters to celebrate the New Year.
A statement by the Secretariat, received by the agency {Euphrates News}, a copy of it, that " the city of Zora games company erected the largest Christmas tree height of 30 meters with the base exceeded in coordination with the secretariat of Baghdad in the city of games to celebrate the Christmas and New Year." 
He added, " The company has also decorated the Olive Street erected bulletins light and toys and Christmas trees along the street to give a kind of aesthetic to mark the occasion." 
The statement pointed out that "this event is part of the activities prepared by the Baghdad Municipality of Citizens ceremonies celebrating Christmas and New Year 's Day that." 
" The Baghdad Municipality has prepared a plan for receiving families Baghdadi in recreational facilities during the holidays of Christmas , including the creation of dozens of games and monument bulletins decorations and create fireworks launched during the occasion in a number of areas of Baghdad , including in the Mansour / Karrada / Corniche Adhamiya / gardens Abi Nawas" .anthy
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:38 AM, yota691 said:

1.jpg

21/12/2016 0:00 

BAGHDAD / morning  
He said the "Baghdad Municipality is keen to create opportunities for all the families of Baghdad to mark the occasion and enjoy the recreational facilities and games in the shadow of high security and stability experienced by the capital Baghdad , thanks to the efforts of the security forces and impressive victories in eliminating the terrorist factions."

***///

Good for him ! 

Show that bleeding heart liberal globalist An'gullah' merkel how it's done by keeping the terrorists out of your country !

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 2