Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Penny Stock

coorslite21

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 8:12 AM, coorslite21 said:

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Feb 1, 2017) - Western Potash Corp. (WPX.TO)(AHE.F) (the "Western", "the Company") today announced that it has entered into an arrangement agreement (the "Arrangement Agreement") under the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia) to complete a corporate reorganization by way of a plan of arrangement ("Arrangement") with Western Resources Corp. ("Western Resources"), a British Columbia corporation created by Western Potash for purposes of the Arrangement.

Under the Arrangement, Western Resources will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of the Company on the basis of 0.2 of a Western Resources common share for each one (1) Western Potash common share, subject to the terms and conditions of the Arrangement Agreement. The completion of the Arrangement will result in Western Resources becoming the TSX-listed successor company to Western Potash. Upon the completion of the Arrangement, the proportionate ownership interests of the Western Resources shareholders in Western Resources will be identical to their respective proportionate ownership interests in Western Potash before giving effect to the Arrangement. The Arrangement is anticipated to close in March 2017, subject to Western Potash's shareholder approval, court approval and applicable TSX and other regulatory approvals, together with all other closing conditions, as more particularly described in the Arrangement Agreement.

Currently, the only mineral properties of Western Potash are the 100% owned Milestone Potash Project in Saskatchewan. To diversify its assets, Western Potash wishes to be able to pursue investment opportunities in other resource properties that may contain metals or minerals other than potash and in jurisdictions that may be outside of Saskatchewan. As its resource properties become more advanced, Western Potash also wishes to be able to consider alternative value enhancing opportunities for those resource properties, such as joint ventures, spin-offs or business combinations. The Western Potash board of directors believes that, by making Western Potash a wholly-owned subsidiary of Western Resources and Western Resources acquiring additional resource properties in other separate wholly-owned subsidiaries of Western Resources, it will facilitate the ability to consider and implement those alternative value enhancing opportunities.

The Western Potash board has approved the Arrangement Agreement and recommends that the Company's shareholders VOTE FOR the Arrangement at the annual general and special meeting of the Company's shareholders to be held on March 9, 2017.

For more information on Western Potash Corp., please visit the Company's website at: www.westernpotash.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Geoffrey Chang

Chairman

Forward-Looking Information

The information in this document has been prepared as at February 1, 2017. Certain statements contained in this news release constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by words such as "anticipate", "continue", "estimate", "expect", "expected", "intend", "may", "will", "project", "plan", "should", "believe" and similar expressions (including negative variations), or that events or conditions "will", "would", "may", "could" or "should" occur. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management as of the date such statements are made and they are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements or forward-looking information. Although management of the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information that is set out herein, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.

This restructuring has been a bit of a game changer for this stock. (this is why you just never know)  Fertilizer is still a great play for the future.  As noted earlier my usual play on the lower priced stocks is to buy it at what I believe is very low, and if it runs up to a point where I can sell some off to recoup my seed money.....while retaining some of the stock... then hopefully I hold a fairly large sum of the stock at a zero cost.  This is what I did with this, and, we'll see where it goes from here. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, coorslite21 said:

This restructuring has been a bit of a game changer for this stock. (this is why you just never know)  Fertilizer is still a great play for the future.  As noted earlier my usual play on the lower priced stocks is to buy it at what I believe is very low, and if it runs up to a point where I can sell some off to recoup my seed money.....while retaining some of the stock... then hopefully I hold a fairly large sum of the stock at a zero cost.  This is what I did with this, and, we'll see where it goes from here. 

My head is spinning. Is this good or bad?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jmartin1145 said:

My head is spinning. Is this good or bad?

About 3 months ago I posted "A penny stock" and "Research this One".....This thread is about Western Pot Ash, a Canadian company.  If you read the whole thread you will see it was at 13 cents at the start of the thread.  I believe it went to about 34 cents and since then has dropped in value, WPX is involved in PotAsh which is basically fertilizer. The Chinese became very interested and WPX management were afraid of a hostile take over situation so the company reorganized so any take over would be more difficult.  The reorganization slowed the expected/hoped for increases in stock value.  World populations continue to grow and food and fresh water will be more valuable in the future than ever so I still believe WPX is a good stock to own...

Typically what I try to do with these penny stocks is get in as low as possible.  If my research is good the stock will double within 6 months and I will sell about half of the holding getting the initial investment back.  I then hold shares that have no out of pocket cost to me.

I do very little in these penny stocks.  I have found that distressed bonds are a much safer investment.

Hope this helps

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, coorslite21 said:

Sorry Coors. I didn't attact the company Reorganization information you posted. That is what I was referring too.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jmartin1145 said:

@ Coors: I own a boatload of these shares, and im just trying to figure out if the reorganization is a good thing or bad.

IMO, yes the reorganization has stopped movement on this stock until everything is sorted out and the reorganization is completed.  This reorganization wasn't on the radar at all and is one of the reasons people stay away from these smaller start up companies.  I don't give financial advice.  If you decide to hold, or sell your shares should depend on many things.  How many shares, what price did you buy them at, what % of your portfolio are these shares, do holding these share hurt you in any other area of your life.....??  My general belief if that over time this is a good company to own.  I could be wrong.  As I stated earlier, when the stock increased I sold about half of what I owned which gave me a block of shares that I plan on holding onto.  These shares at this point are at a no cost value to me. I believe food and fresh water stocks will do very well long term. This would include infrastructure and support companies to these industries as well. For me, at this point, a break even situation is my worse case scenario.  Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

IMO, yes the reorganization has stopped movement on this stock until everything is sorted out and the reorganization is completed.  This reorganization wasn't on the radar at all and is one of the reasons people stay away from these smaller start up companies.  I don't give financial advice.  If you decide to hold, or sell your shares should depend on many things.  How many shares, what price did you buy them at, what % of your portfolio are these shares, do holding these share hurt you in any other area of your life.....??  My general belief if that over time this is a good company to own.  I could be wrong.  As I stated earlier, when the stock increased I sold about half of what I owned which gave me a block of shares that I plan on holding onto.  These shares at this point are at a no cost value to me. I believe food and fresh water stocks will do very well long term. This would include infrastructure and support companies to these industries as well. For me, at this point, a break even situation is my worse case scenario.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Coors. I like your optimism.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, coorslite21 said:

About 3 months ago I posted "A penny stock" and "Research this One".....This thread is about Western Pot Ash, a Canadian company.  If you read the whole thread you will see it was at 13 cents at the start of the thread.  I believe it went to about 34 cents and since then has dropped in value, WPX is involved in PotAsh which is basically fertilizer. The Chinese became very interested and WPX management were afraid of a hostile take over situation so the company reorganized so any take over would be more difficult.  The reorganization slowed the expected/hoped for increases in stock value.  World populations continue to grow and food and fresh water will be more valuable in the future than ever so I still believe WPX is a good stock to own...

Typically what I try to do with these penny stocks is get in as low as possible.  If my research is good the stock will double within 6 months and I will sell about half of the holding getting the initial investment back.  I then hold shares that have no out of pocket cost to me.

I do very little in these penny stocks.  I have found that distressed bonds are a much safer investment.

Hope this helps

As with any investment, you never know what directions it may take.  

I have waited a while before posting to see how it would shake out.  As expected the reorganization involved the Chinese.  Rather than just invest they became partners reorganizing under a new name.  I think in the long run with the funds they can offer and the diversity they will pursue that the Company will do well.  Here is an article that helps explain this:

WESTERN POTASH CORP. COMPLETES CORPORATE REORGANIZATION

31/03/2017

March 31, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Western Potash Corp. (TSX: WPX) (FSE: AHE) ("Western Potash", the "Company")

is pleased to announce the successful completion of its previously announced corporate reorganization by way of a court approved plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia) (the "Arrangement") with Western Resources Corp. ("Western Resources"), pursuant to which Western Resources has acquired all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Western Potash and Western Potash has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Western Resources.

Under the terms of the Arrangement, former Western Potash shareholders received Western Resources shares on the basis of 0.2 of a Western Resources common share for each one (1) Western Potash common share.

"We are very pleased to have concluded the reorganization which will allow us to achieve an optimal corporate structure and facilitate our ability to consider and implement alternative value enhancing opportunities," commented Geoffrey Chang, Chairman of Western Potash.

With the Arrangement now complete, Western Resources expects to become the TSX listed successor company to Western Potash.  Western Potash shares are expected to be delisted from the TSX on April 5, 2017 and Western Resources shares are expected to commence trading simultaneously.

Further details regarding the Arrangement are set out in the management information circular of Western Potash dated February 7, 2017, which is available on SEDAR under the Company's issuer profile at www.sedar.com.

For more information on Western Potash Corp., please visit the Company's website at: www.westernpotash.com.

"Geoffrey Chang"

Geoffrey Chang
Chairman

Forward-Looking Information

Certain statements contained in this news release constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by words such as "anticipate", "continue", "estimate", "expect", "expected", "intend", "may", "will", "project", "plan", "should", "believe" and similar expressions (including negative variations), or that events or conditions "will", "would", "may", "could" or "should" occur. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management as of the date such statements are made and they are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements or forward-looking information. Although management of the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information that is set out herein, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.

For more information on the contents of this release please contact Jerry Zhang, CorporateSecretary, at 604-689-9378.

=================================================

So now the company is ...........Western Resources......and you can see how the did the stock offering above...

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2017-05-24/western-resources-corp-provides-corporate-update

Western Resources Corp. Provides Corporate Update

2017-05-24T23:33:29Z  

Save
Western Resources Corp. Provides Corporate Update

VANCOUVER,  British  Columbia,  May  24,  2017  (GLOBE  NEWSWIRE)  --  Western 
Resources Corp. (TSX:WRX) (FSE:WR0) (the  "Company") is pleased to provide  an 
update following the completion of the Plan of Arrangement on March 31, 2017.

The Company has replaced its  wholly-owned subsidiary, Western Potash  Corp.’s 
listing status on the Toronto Stock  Exchange and commenced trading under  the 
symbol WRX effective April 5, 2017. The Company’s shares also began trading on
the Frankfurt Stock Exchange effective April 7, 2017 under the symbol WR0.

The Company continues to be dedicated to moving forward the 146,000 tonne  per 
year Milestone phase-one Potash Project  in Regina, Saskatchewan. The  project 
team held a very successful Community Open House on April 11, 2017 in the town
of Kronau, which is located near the plant site. Engineering firm AMEC  Foster 
Wheeler  provided  in-depth  information  on  the  plans  for  the  processing 
facilities, and the Saskatchewan Mining Association (SMA) provided a  hands-on 
solution mining  demonstration. The  event  was well  attended with  about  80 
visitors from  the region,  as  well as  representatives from  the  Provincial 
government and the local business community.

The Company has also engaged independent financing experts to help secure
strategic partner(s)/investor(s) who will provide sufficient funds for the
construction and operation of the Milestone phase one project. The Milestone
project team, and the engaged financing experts, have confidence in reaching
the proposed strategic partnership.

The Company’s Board of Directors has approved an investment proposal on
low-rise multi-family development projects with Formwerks Boutique Properties.
Formwerks is an award-winning firm with a portfolio of over 600 custom
single-family homes and townhouses in the Greater Vancouver area. Known for
its strong reputation on architectural design and land development, Formwerks
has become a brand of quality and assurance in the Greater Vancouver real
estate market.

Western Resources’ Chairman James Moore noted, “I’m pleased to see that the
Milestone Phase One Potash Project continues to make progress and is moving
forward. In the meantime, I am excited that the Company has started the
process of expanding an investment portfolio into other areas following the
recent corporate restructuring. This new move will facilitate the Company’s
ability to implement alternative value enhancing opportunities. The decision
to partner with Formwerks is a good start in diversifying the Company’s
assets. It will allow the Company’s cash to earn better returns and help
improve the company’s asset structure. This investment will start to generate
cash flows to the Company, and therefore increase our shareholder value.”

Shareholders   are    invited    to    visit   the    Company    website    at 
www.westernresources.com for more information on the Company.

"James Moore"

James Moore
Chairman

======================================================

and lastly go to the website ......

http://www.westernresources.com/investors/stock-information

go to the "company" info.......and the drop down box allows you to click on Directors and Management...

This will indicate that China is heavily involved.........even though you won't see a press re;ease stating as much.

This same type of event is happening all over the world....not saying its a bad thing......just that it's happening

All the same I am holding on to the shares I retained after getting my "seed" money out......I still think fertilizer, and feeding people will be a big business in the future. 

Just wanted to tie up the loose ends on this one.

Hope this is all of some interest.

• Upvote 1

thanks for info coorslite21!

i pulled up western resources on my tc2000 trading platform and the ticker symbol came up as WRX.TO

it doesnt seem to have much trading volumn, 21k shares traded today, is that because its a penny stock?

im a part time swing trader so im not familiar with long term holds in penny stocks.

ijust want to make sure im looking at the same stock you are, on my platform it says it closed today at .58, is that correct?

the total float is not showing on my platform either, i will check another site to try and find it.

on a side note i remember looking at the sky through the back window of my moms car while laying on the "shelf"! it wouldnt take her to long to catch me and tell me to get down....lol