Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance: The government and the central bank rigid weak Handle rising dollar

yota691

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

First, off the Budget isn't going to change the rate, CBI must do that. The GOI won't change the rate. I have espoused first the rate change won't happen until after 2017 and now will not change until after the everything in the Stand-by Agreement signed in July 2016 has been completed. This is three years from July 2016. People who espouse that the HCL must be signed before the RV can be implemented do not take into account that not only must it become law it must be implemented. Implementation of the Oil and Gas law takes time. Yes, the RV will happen sooner now that Maliki is out of office but until Maliki is tried, convicted and behind bars to await whatever, Shabibi is not coming back to the CBI. The sooner Maliki is behind bars the sooner the RV will happen. Maliki's fate can be the hangman's noose for all I care. He must lose his freedom.

With Trump coming into office, it will take a year to a year and a half to two years before we start seeing results from his administration's actions, positive or negative. These positive  actions will only strengthen the dollar against foreign currencies which will be a problem for Iraq as its denizens will see the dollar strengthen and the dinar become weaker. The CBI reserves are going down, not up, and with the dollar strengthening this will cause issues for Iraq. On one hand Trump's policies will be great for the United States. On the other hand these policies will weaken foreign currencies versus the dollar, including the dinar. The more the dollar strengthens the harder it will be to remove the dollar from the hands of the Iraqi citizen when the time comes to do so. Iraq is on track to complete the three-year Stand-by agreement and the numbers from the first review while progressive only show Iraq going deeper into the proverbial hole. If an RV were to happen it is incumbent to make the rate above the dollar, not less and not equal.

Three years from July 2016 is the first possibility of an RV, not before. 

LOL LB has probably negged me a few times for saying that. I know I was chastised for it at least once. 

Theseus, I agree that folks need not look in the budget for a new rate, one swipe of the pen will take care of that....

I also believe this endever will be over before Trump takes office...I'll be sitting on a beach drinking umbrella drinks watching his inogeration...

• Upvote 8

Lets not forget that right after our elections the Iraqi's starting talking about how they wanted the 2nd half of the strategic framework agreement activated with the u.s.. Well the 2nd half of that agreement was the economic part of the agreement. I have felt all along that the obummer administration has not wanted Iraq to succeed because that would cause problems for his quest for an agreement with iran. No agreement with Iran if their neighbor Iraq is prospering more than they are. I don't have the report handy but I am looking for it because in that report it stated the gaining of value of their currency in 2017, and back 2 years ago when I found that report I thought now way not another 2 years but it makes perfect sense now.

There are many things that do need to be done yet as far as laws and the disputes with the kurds, but lets also remember one thing. Trump does not like to lose. After the inauguration and he gets full control of this government you will see changes happen and happen fast. He is already acting like a president way more than obummer has for 8 years. He is putting in the technocrats in our government  that abadi has been trying to put in the Iraqi government. Lets just put a picture in our head of abadi, barzani, jabouri, hakim and masum sitting at a table with trump and general mattis, rex tillerson, etc. Do you all really think that trump is going to sit and listen to all the excuses that these guys are going to spew out of their mouths as to why things are not farther along than they are after over 6 trillion dollars have been spent in the middle east? I don't think so. I actually think he is going to put the fear of god into them to get their crap together or they are going to lose any and all support from the u.s. and we all know that the Iraqi's cannot nor will not let that happen. Obummer has strung them along with carrots so they could bilk that country dry and help iran in the process. Trump doesn't work that way. IMO you will see the art of the deal happen faster than ever expected. The Iraqi's have to have their hand held all the time and forced into making things happen. When trumps guys meet with the imf and see what Iraq has to get done believe you me it will get done. Just think if tillerson gets the knod for secretary of state. How fast do you think that hcl will happen in Iraq. lets not lose hope that it will be years away because I think and feel that our hardliner that Iraq has needed was just elected ..all IMO of course.. ;)

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Theseus,

I have never negged anybody for his opinion or point of view. It's not my style

I have learned few things from you. I think you have a good understanding of this investment

At the bottom of all my posts you can read...  Always respect another's opinion and another's point of view

Take care.!

PS: I just remember I negged Luigi once for the BS he brings to the site😀😀😀 I'm sorry Luigi

LB, do you see the "LOL" in front of that sentence? It means I was joking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

mylilpony the three year guestimate is based on the three-year Stand-by agreement that Iraq sent to the IMF and was approved by both parties in July 2016. Also, no matter how fast Trump is or will be at making policy and changing previous EO's, not taking excuses etc. it will take up to a year before we see a trickle and 2 years before that trickle turns into a genuine flow. The American economy is like a cruise liner. It takes a bit to change course, especially as drastic as what needs to be done to clean up the mess the POSTUS and Pehosi and Black Eyed Mafia Punching Bag Reid left us with.  It's kind of like you deposit a check into your bank account and your bank doesn't approve the funds until 5 business days later.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

LB, do you see the "LOL" in front of that sentence? It means I was joking.

Theseus, I knew you were joking.

Thanks for your input 👍🏻

2 hours ago, climber7 said:

LB

Are you saying you agreee with Theseus' explanation and will be three years away? 

Climber7,  I didn't said that.

I said, that I have learned few things from him.

He have his opinion and I have mine.

We all are speculating .... Remember this is an speculative investment.

Cheers.!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, vomer said:

Just keepin' it real.

I always say, Hope for the best and plan for the worse! Until they pull that RV trigger,  we are in a holding pattern,  some since 2004 2005. I've heard horror stories of people that went out and sold their house to put all of their money into dinars. I wonder how many people have gotten close to if not in skid row over these dinars. I would bet you though  even those that were forced to sell their dinars still hung onto some of them as we all know one day, hopefully in the near future, Iraq will no longer be able to sit on their dinar! :twothumbs: :peace:

13 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Theseus,

I have never negged anybody for his opinion or point of view. It's not my style

I have learned few things from you. I think you have a good understanding of this investment

At the bottom of all my posts you can read...  Always respect another's opinion and another's point of view

Take care.!

PS: I just remember I negged Luigi once for the BS he brings to the site😀😀😀 I'm sorry Luigi

:lmao: Don't make me put you on my naughty list son. :lmao:

13 hours ago, DoD said:

Theseus, I agree that folks need not look in the budget for a new rate, one swipe of the pen will take care of that....

I also believe this endever will be over before Trump takes office...I'll be sitting on a beach drinking umbrella drinks watching his inogeration...

I know what you mean. This whole thing reminds me of the Iran/hostage deal with Carter/Reagan transition. Iraq knows that Trump as POTUS will not play games with them. Not to mention at this time I really do pray that Trump does own 30 million dollars of dinar. That would explain why he said WHATEVER it took to win and why he is filling his cabinet with wardog generals. Hey if it gives me the ability  to start my orphanage then I'm all in. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, DoD said:

I hope you are right DoD! 

1 minute ago, sxsess said:

I hope you are right DoD! 

sxsess, I can't guarantee you that this endeavor will be over before Trumps takes office but I can guarantee you that the rate is not in the budget, I just now posted a copy of it in another thread, check it out for yourself...lol

7 minutes ago, DoD said:

sxsess, I can't guarantee you that this endeavor will be over before Trumps takes office but I can guarantee you that the rate is not in the budget, I just now posted a copy of it in another thread, check it out for yourself...lol

Ok thanks DoD

6 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

I believe early 2015 they came out with that article.

So does it beg the question: " Has this directive changed, if so, did the IMF review of the Stand By Arrangement chop that directive off at the knee caps ? " 

The Stand By Arrangement report has me at a WTF moment right now.