Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi president and his deputies’ monthly salaries reach $ 235,500: Iraqi MP

tigergorzow

Iraqi president and his deputies’ monthly salaries reach $ 235,500: Iraqi MP

Posted on January 14, 2015 by Editorial Staff in Politics, Politics
Iraqi president Fuad Masum

Iraqi president Fuad Masum. Photo: AFP

Ekurd.net

BAGHDAD,— Iraqi President and his deputies’ monthly salaries amount reach 269 million dinars (roughly $ 235,500) Iraqi MP for the Coalition of State Law, Awatif Naima said on Tuesday, indicating that this amount represents a waste of public money, Iraqinews reported.

”President Fuad Masum receives 80 million dinars ($ 70,000) as a monthly salary,” pointing out that, “All three of the Vice President of the Republic receive 63 million dinars as a monthly salary.” Naima said.

“The salaries of Masum and his deputies represent a waste of public money, particularly as we live in a critical economic crisis due to the drop in oil price,” she said, calling for “reducing the salaries of the three presidencies and those with high status into half to avoid the shortfall to the general budget.”

Kurdish magazine (Levin) reported in 2010, remuneration and the monthly salary of Massoud Barzani, the president of the autonomous Kurdistan Region in Iraq’s north is $400,000 dollars per month.

This amount is equivalent to the salary and allowances of Barack Obama President of the USA for a full year, because Obama is the salary ($ 33,333) dollars and only equal to ($400,000) dollars a year. The Kurdistan region budget not to exceed 8 billion dollars a year in return that the annual budget for the United States is ($14,264) trillion dollars.

Former Iraqi president Jalal Talabani monthly salary was 75 million Iraqi dinars, which make 900 million dinars (roughly $700,000) annually,

Need to be mentioned that a medical source in Erbil revealed in 2014 that the cost of  treating Iraqi President Jalal Talabani amounted to $150 million USD from Iraq’s budget.  The source said, in a statement to Iraqi News that “Talabani’s medical expenses during the first six months in Germany amounted to $120 million USD, indicating that he was transferred later to another place. The expenses spent on taking care of him were estimated at $30 million US dollars.”

(With files from iraqinews.com | Agencies | Lvinpress | Ekurd.net)

Copyright © 2015 Ekurd.net. All rights reserved

http://ekurd.net/iraqi-president-and-his-deputies-monthly-salaries-reach-235500-iraqi-mp-2015-01-14

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

They live like kings and the rest of the country living in poverty.

This Sucks 😡

LB Agree, I do believe the 2017 Budget excluded all three Vice Presidents salary allocations as well per the IMF conditions in regards to shaving some Gov't expenses.  I need to do some further research for all Senior Gov't officials monthly salaries because I do know PM Abadi did cut salaries for Ministers to include himself mentioned in earlier articles.   Now we know why the IMF demanded that the GOI cut Gov't spending specifically cutting positions across the board and lowering their salaries....:wub:

GO RV!!

• Upvote 3

I know that everyone likes to think good about some of Iraq's political leaders, but dang almost 5 million dollars a yr whilst their people are starving and don't even have electricity all day and ISIS is slaughtering folks in the streets. And these idiots are smiling:unsure: Every dang single one of them is a Godless fool, that demonstrates the  most selfish nature that I've ever had the misfortune to witness. They have zero shame And they are definitely on Santa's naughty list. 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I know that everyone likes to think good about some of Iraq's political leaders, but dang almost 5 million dollars a yr whilst their people are starving and don't even have electricity all day and ISIS is slaughtering folks in the streets. And these idiots are smiling:unsure: Every dang single one of them is a Godless fool, that demonstrates the  most selfish nature that I've ever had the misfortune to witness. They have zero shame And they are definitely on Santa's naughty list. 

And they're still taking hand outs & still no electricity or food for the ppl this has too stop. So its sh_t or get off the pot cause there's another @ss hole waiting to get the business done.

:mad: