Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament will hold its meeting this evening to vote on the budget

yota691

33 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

I cant remember her name on the far left . She looks like shes biting her tongue and with holding a tantrum.... I dont believe that is Shabs either . But I do feel he might be the one that said the Gig is Up , Hakim said to give it to them 

With the exception of this "Malcolm in the Middle" cat, I've not seen so many CONSTIPATED looking faces, ever ! These folks need more Fiber !

HCL & 2017 Budget - Do more this time than just Pass Some Gas !

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, davis411 said:

or he is smiling thinking

look at davis, he thinks there is a rv coming

well i will trick him again

i will get his hopes up and crush them like so many other times

that could be why he is smiling

Maybe, just maybe the guy in the middle just did some "Crop Dusting"!

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Advocacy: National Alliance agreed to grant US $ 5 for each barrel of oil producing provinces

Political

Since 12/04/2016 17:13 pm (Baghdad time)

gfnnttynjty.jpg

Law: National Alliance agreed to grant US $ 5 for each barrel of oil producing provinces follow .. 

Does this mean they are paying us back for the war?

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Integrativedoc said:

As far as things that happened back in 2007 I'm not sure about, as there have been so many changes in the very way they do business nowadays with all of the new legislative changes in place... I am hoping in their new and improved GOI that there are also new and improved goals to jump start maybe some kind of "Hybrid" Hydro Carbon Whatever it is. Not sure what they are doing, how they are doing it, or what they are calling it, but like the way they are talking about it in the news!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                              :D:twothumbs:

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jcfrag said:

As far as things that happened back in 2007 I'm not sure about, as there have been so many changes in the very way they do business nowadays with all of the new legislative changes in place... I am hoping in their new and improved GOI that there are also new and improved goals to jump start maybe some kind of "Hybrid" Hydro Carbon Whatever it is.

IMF was not controlling things in 2007.....only Maliki at the wheel in those days.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

As far as things that happened back in 2007 I'm not sure about, as there have been so many changes in the very way they do business nowadays with all of the new legislative changes in place... I am hoping in their new and improved GOI that there are also new and improved goals to jump start maybe some kind of "Hybrid" Hydro Carbon Whatever it is.

That was the original law proposed. It was edited in 2014. Point being it is a law that has to be voted on by Parliament and published in Gazette. It's not secretly buried in the budget. That would be Franks teachings.

Edited by Integrativedoc
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Integrativedoc said:

That was the original law proposed. It was edited in 2014. Point being it is a law that has to be voted on by Parliament and published in Gazette. It's not secretly buried in the budget. That would be Franks teachings.

no doubt it is law and must be published in the gazette, what you say is good common sense , but what i think we are hoping for is that behind all the closed door meeting that have taken place, once the budget is passed (hopefully today) that agreements have been reached in HCL and it along with other important laws will follow up in a basket and be passed right behind the budget law, and hopefully not SOON, BUT LIKE NOW !!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, chinadawg said:

no doubt it is law and must be published in the gazette, what you say is good common sense , but what i think we are hoping for is that behind all the closed door meeting that have taken place, once the budget is passed (hopefully today) that agreements have been reached in HCL and it along with other important laws will follow up in a basket and be passed right behind the budget law, and hopefully not SOON, BUT LIKE NOW !!

There is obviously something in the works that they are ALL currently working on to get resolved before the day is out. What ever it is, it must be very important!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, yota691 said:

They never scrutinize or thoroughly a Budget in past like they have done this one...

I suspect being a peace time budget and with all other issues coming together, that coupled with the entire global financial/industrial  community looking at opportunities there along with WB, IMF etc.... they are making sure they cross there T's and dot the I's. :eyebrows:

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

I suspect being a peace time budget and with all other issues coming together, that coupled with the entire global financial/industrial  community looking at opportunities there along with WB, IMF etc.... they are making sure they cross there T's and dot the I's. :eyebrows:

Alex I'm going with this for $500

I think they're holding it in (Squeeze Cheek )and the guy in the middle just passed something and feels better about it now.

:ph34r:

Edited by Flash101
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrativedoc said:

I've been saying for yrs to everyone that the HCL has already been passed but folks don't wanna understand that. However, as Master Yota stated below they are seemingly working really hard at something on this budget. It may be something like our immigration laws. We could end practically all illegal immigration if only our laws were actually enforced. And sometimes the issue with enforcement of laws is simply finance. So is it possible that what they're  doing is working over the issue of funding the already passed HCL? Thus the,"OIL AGREEMENT", now makes perfect sense.   

42 minutes ago, yota691 said:

They never scrutinize or thoroughly a Budget in past like they have done this one...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I've been saying for yrs to everyone that the HCL has already been passed but folks don't wanna understand that. However, as Master Yota stated below they are seemingly working really hard at something on this budget. It may be something like our immigration laws. We could end practically all illegal immigration if only our laws were actually enforced. And sometimes the issue with enforcement of laws is simply finance. So is it possible that what they're  doing is working over the issue of funding the already passed HCL? Thus the,"OIL AGREEMENT", now makes perfect sense.   

Please give link to Gazette publication.           " HCL has already been passed"

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Integrativedoc said:

I don't know. Maybe you can show all of us, or are you just here to stir up discontent? And let me help ya out  a little bit, go here................ 

Iraqi Law Gazette Website - 10/01/2011 

Here is the website for the Iraqi Gazette Law Library, where all the laws are posted.

http://www.iraq-lg-law.org/ar

And here is the English side

http://www.iraq-lg-law.org/en

The Iraqi Local Governance Law Library contains legal documents considered relevant to the sub-national governments of Iraq. Besides national laws that have a significant bearing on sub-national governance, this Library also contains the growing body of local laws, orders, decisions, and regulations now being published by provinces in monthly legal gazettes. It is intended to be an up-to-date, authoritative, carefully classified and searchable repository of original legal documents in Arabic with the best available translations in English. The Local Governance Program--Phase III (LGP III), a USAID-funded project implemented by RTI, has developed this law library to clarify the relationship between the federal government and local governments of Iraq.

For more information visit: http://www.lgp-iraq.org

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Integrativedoc said:

Please give link to Gazette publication.           " HCL has already been passed"

This is what I've found. I'm sticking by this until I see an HCL in the Gazette. If it was truly passed, then Kurds and Baghdad wouldn't be debating this every month, every budget. JMHO. Hope this helps. Remember December 2014 when world powers came out and congratulated Baghdad and Kurds on their latest "agreement". If HCL was law, then why the need for another "agreement"? Which, by the way, lasted about four months with both parties pointing fingers at the other as to why it wasn't working. 

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, King Bean said:

Quick history, 10 years, for anyone interested courtesy Wikipedia. Since May 2007 it's been kicked around...or rather, sitting.

The Iraq Oil Law, also referred to as the Iraq Hydrocarbon Law  HCL was legislation submitted to the Iraqi Council of Representatives in May 2007. The legislation started when the U.S.- backed Iraqi cabinet approved a new oil law that was set to give foreign companies the long-term contracts and the safe legal framework they have been waiting for. The law rattled labor unions and international campaigners, who say oil production should remain in the hands of Iraqis. On March 10, 2007, prominent Iraqi parliamentarians, politicians, ex-ministers and oil technocrats urged the Baghdad parliament to reject Iraq's controversial hydrocarbon law, fearing that the new legislation would further divide the country already witnessing civil strife. On April 28, 2007, discussions turned contentious among the more than 60 Iraqi oil officials reviewing Iraq's draft hydrocarbons bill in the United Arab Emirates. But the dispute highlighted the need for further negotiations on the proposed law that was stalled in talks for nearly eight months, then pushed through Iraq's Cabinet without most key provisions. By December 2, 2007, The Bush administration was concerned that recent security gains in Iraq may be undermined by continuing political gridlock, and started pushing the Iraqi government to complete long-delayed reform legislation within six months.

On June 30, 2008, a group of American advisers led by a small State Department team played an integral part in drawing up contracts between the Iraqi government and five major Western oil companies to develop some of the largest fields in Iraq. In June 2008, the Iraqi Oil Ministry announced plans to go ahead with small one - or two-year no-bid contracts to Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP — once partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company — along with Chevron and smaller firms to service Iraq’s largest fields. Several United States senators had criticized the deal, arguing it was hindering efforts to pass the hydrocarbon law.

By July 1, 2008, Iraq's government invited foreign firms Monday to help boost the production of the country's major oil fields, beginning a global competition for access to the world's third-largest reserves....Iraq Opens Oil Fields to Global Bidding.

By February 2009, Iraq has sweetened the terms it is offering international oil companies vying to develop the country’s reserves in the first concrete example of a global shift in power beginning to sweep through the oil industry. Iraq, which pre-qualified about 45 companies to bid on oil projects, plans to award contracts for the six partly developed and four undeveloped fields offered in its second licensing round by mid-December.

The Bush administration hired the consulting firm BearingPoint to help write the law in 2004. The bill was approved by the Iraqi cabinet in February 2007. The Bush administration considers the passage of the law a benchmark for the government of Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki. One stumbling block was the unpopularity of the law, as it is perceived by the Iraqi people. An opinion poll conducted in 2007 by Oil Change International and other groups shows 63% of Iraqis surveyed would "prefer Iraq's oil to be developed and produced by Iraqi state-owned companies [than] by foreign companies". This explains why the law had stalled in the Iraqi parliament. The new law authorizes production share agreements (PSAs) which guarantees a profit for foreign oil companies.

The central government distributes remaining oil revenues throughout the nation on a per capita basis. The draft law allows Iraq's provinces freedom from the central government in giving exploration and production contracts. Iraq's constitution allows governorates to form a semi-independent regions, fully controlling their own natural resources. Some critics have claimed that the new Iraqi Oil law was not needed since Iraq has the cheapest oil to extract. Other analysts have claimed that the no-bid contracts given to U.S oil companies constitute exploitation since many non-U.S companies would give the same service for shorter contracts and lower percentage of revenue.

Edited by King Bean

46 minutes ago, Integrativedoc said:

Please forgive my last post as I've been rereading your post and see that I misunderstood your comments. I thought that you said you believed  the HCL to have been passed, but you didn't say that. 

I also see that Mr Bean has clarified that the HCL has passed a committee but not Parliament. 

Stupid Truck Driver goes back to lurking cause he's so freaking dumb. :rake:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't know. Maybe you can show all of us, or are you just here to stir up discontent? And let me help ya out  a little bit, go here................ 

Iraqi Law Gazette Website - 10/01/2011 

Here is the website for the Iraqi Gazette Law Library, where all the laws are posted.

http://www.iraq-lg-law.org/ar

And here is the English side

http://www.iraq-lg-law.org/en

The Iraqi Local Governance Law Library contains legal documents considered relevant to the sub-national governments of Iraq. Besides national laws that have a significant bearing on sub-national governance, this Library also contains the growing body of local laws, orders, decisions, and regulations now being published by provinces in monthly legal gazettes. It is intended to be an up-to-date, authoritative, carefully classified and searchable repository of original legal documents in Arabic with the best available translations in English. The Local Governance Program--Phase III (LGP III), a USAID-funded project implemented by RTI, has developed this law library to clarify the relationship between the federal government and local governments of Iraq.

For more information visit: http://www.lgp-iraq.org

WOW! So sensitive. Just thought you may have a link for something so critical as that. Thought we could forward to Adam since that is the one thing he is waiting on, and apparently is unawares

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Please forgive my last post as I've been rereading your post and see that I misunderstood your comments. I thought that you said you believed  the HCL to have been passed, but you didn't say that. 

I also see that Mr Bean has clarified that the HCL has passed a committee but not Parliament. 

Stupid Truck Driver goes back to lurking cause he's so freaking dumb. :rake:

Okay. No worries

• Upvote 1