Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
umbertino

Theory challenging Einstein's view on speed of light could soon be tested

Recommended Posts

New paper describes for first time how scientists can test controversial idea that speed of light is not a constant

Ian Sample Science editor

Monday 28 November 2016 18.54 GMT

4052.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=7e9e0042045d2f47ace6d957c396e861
Thanks to Einstein’s theory of general relativity, the speed of light in a vacuum is considered to be one of the fundamental constants of nature.
Photograph: Hulton Archive/Getty Images

 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/nov/28/theory-challenging-einsteins-view-on-speed-of-light-could-soon-be-tested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wanting to know the truth about light only needs to go outside of a partly cloudy day and look at the rays of the sun. Light doesn't travel in a straight line. Or simply take a small store bought laser and point it at the ground near you then point it at something far away. You will find that light flows outward until it has dissipated. Light can not travel for millions of miles because it will have faded as it moves in an circular outward path. So in this Einstein was wrong.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never measured light in a VACUUM, so I have no educated opinion.  I do for a fact know that daytime and nighttime were not created by GE.  B)  I'm sure our newly restored resident "flat earther" will be along shortly to set us all straight.  :D

GO RV, then BV

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Never measured light in a VACUUM, so I have no educated opinion.  I do for a fact know that daytime and nighttime were not created by GE.  B)  I'm sure our newly restored resident "flat earther" will be along shortly to set us all straight.  :D

GO RV, then BV

Don't pretend to not look at the facts my friend. Do ya really think that a, Vacuum, {which is the absence of anything} would really affect something as empty as light? Try the experiments that I mentioned above. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Don't pretend to not look at the facts my friend. Do ya really think that a, Vacuum, {which is the absence of anything} would really affect something as empty as light? Try the experiments that I mentioned above. 

Why yes.....Yes I do.  :huh:  BTW....those are not experiments, those are every day occurrences.....much the same as adjusting your headlight's aiming for maximum effectiveness.

GO RV, then BV 

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Why yes.....Yes I do.

As someone that is willing to learn, could you tell us all how a vacuum would affect something as empty as light? :bulb:

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Anyone wanting to know the truth about light only needs to go outside of a partly cloudy day and look at the rays of the sun. Light doesn't travel in a straight line. Or simply take a small store bought laser and point it at the ground near you then point it at something far away. You will find that light flows outward until it has dissipated. Light can not travel for millions of miles because it will have faded as it moves in an circular outward path. So in this Einstein was wrong.  

So how is it that we can see stars at night ?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slb said:

So how is it that we can see stars at night ?

Two reasons, first they're not what you have been told they are. Second, they aren't millions of miles away. That is why I suggested to test light with a laser. It will prove to anyone willing to see truth that light doesn't travel in a straight line. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

As someone that is willing to learn, could you tell us all how a vacuum would affect something as empty as light? :bulb:

Don't bait me.....if you know and understand all the scientific nuances your asking about, by all means, enlighten me.  However, Physics was never my strong suit......so if you're going to deny variables such as gravity, mass, refraction, heat, motion, curvature of the earth, etc....then I'm probably not a willing student.  :)  

GO RV, then BV 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Don't bait me.....if you know and understand all the scientific nuances your asking about, by all means, enlighten me.  However, Physics was never my strong suit......so if you're going to deny variables such as gravity, mass, refraction, heat, motion, curvature of the earth, etc....then I'm probably not a willing student.  :)  

GO RV, then BV 

Doesn't exist! 

Don't know much about Physics either but I do know an awful lot about people. And I most certainly know that those same Scientist that tell you those lies are also the one telling you that the earth will be uninhabitable in 50 yrs. because of Global  Warming. Of course they said that 50 yrs. ago also. Problem is they can't even predict what the weather is going to be tomorrow. So you go ahead and believe the liars that don't want you to understand where you really are because that way you won't have to consider who's actually watching your every move.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Doesn't exist! 

Don't know much about Physics either but I do know an awful lot about people. And I most certainly know that those same Scientist that tell you those lies are also the one telling you that the earth will be uninhabitable in 50 yrs. because of Global  Warming. Of course they said that 50 yrs. ago also. Problem is they can't even predict what the weather is going to be tomorrow. So you go ahead and believe the liars that don't want you to understand where you really are because that way you won't have to consider who's actually watching your every move.  

Sorry Bro....my land surveying background tells me otherwise......I couldn't close a basic third order traverse without factoring in the curvature of the earth.  Been real though.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Sorry Bro....my land surveying background tells me otherwise......I couldn't close a basic third order traverse without factoring in the curvature of the earth.  Been real though.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV 

What you're calling a curve I call terraine. And in surveying that must be considered. You are correct. It may help you to study the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge. Something about how much cement should have been used as opposed to what was used if the earth were curved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

What you're calling a curve I call terraine. And in surveying that must be considered. You are correct. It may help you to study the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge. Something about how much cement should have been used as opposed to what was used if the earth were curved. 

Sounds as if you're telling me water is flat.....thus the Earth is flat.  With regards to the bridge project you speak of....it would certainly be interesting to review the hydrographic and topographic surveys of that project....see the results of each and every test drill that was taken to determine the depth required for each pylon to reach bedrock and if each location provided exact depths, or an average depth so an accurate engineers estimate of "concrete" required could be calculated.  

GO RV, then BV 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Sounds as if you're telling me water is flat.....thus the Earth is flat.  With regards to the bridge project you speak of....it would certainly be interesting to review the hydrographic and topographic surveys of that project....see the results of each and every test drill that was taken to determine the depth required for each pylon to reach bedrock and if each location provided exact depths, or an average depth so an accurate engineers estimate of "concrete" required could be calculated.  

GO RV, then BV 

Now you're talking brother. Bring it. I think we'll both be impressed. And as to water being flat, I don't know you tell me. 

ocean sunsetwalking on the beachocean viewsailboat in ocean

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Doesn't exist! 

Don't know much about Physics either but I do know an awful lot about people. And I most certainly know that those same Scientist that tell you those lies are also the one telling you that the earth will be uninhabitable in 50 yrs. because of Global  Warming. Of course they said that 50 yrs. ago also. Problem is they can't even predict what the weather is going to be tomorrow. So you go ahead and believe the liars that don't want you to understand where you really are because that way you won't have to consider who's actually watching your every move.  

Knowledge of others though deceived by the heart; didn’t you just admit to your true understanding..?

Pro 18:20―From the fruitage of a man’s speech his stomach will be filled;

He will be satisfied with what his lips produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fly said:

Knowledge of others though deceived by the heart; didn’t you just admit to your true understanding..?

Pro 18:20―From the fruitage of a man’s speech his stomach will be filled;

 

He will be satisfied with what his lips produce.

 

Then I guess it's a good thing that I'm insatiable. So please as I'm someone willing to learn total truth, explain to me how the word of God is wrong about the shape of the earth. Give me total clarification how Global warming based on only computer models is correct when the last hurricane came those same computer models had no clue what that hurricane was going to do. Teach me some of your understanding. And make no mistake, I'm sincere in my request  because unlike I suspect you are I'm genuinely willing to learn.  Oh and whilst you're at it can you explain to me why it is that every single pic of the earth from space station Freedom that is NOT photoshopped is always looking straight down.  

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Then I guess it's a good thing that I'm insatiable. So please as I'm someone willing to learn total truth, explain to me how the word of God is wrong about the shape of the earth. Give me total clarification how Global warming based on only computer models is correct when the last hurricane came those same computer models had no clue what that hurricane was going to do. Teach me some of your understanding. And make no mistake, I'm sincere in my request  because unlike I suspect you are I'm genuinely willing to learn.  Oh and whilst you're at it can you explain to me why it is that every single pic of the earth from space station Freedom that is NOT photoshopped is always looking straight down.  

This one is near and dear to my heart because my house is in it.  Other than the North arrow and the labeling of the lakes......I have no reason to believe it's photoshopped.  If it is, please tell me.  :)

earth-great-lakes-sunlight-2012-e1441207

GO RV, then BV

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

This one is near and dear to my heart because my house is in it.  Other than the North arrow and the labeling of the lakes......I have no reason to believe it's photoshopped.  If it is, please tell me.  :)

earth-great-lakes-sunlight-2012-e1441207

GO RV, then BV

I don't see a ball in this pic. But what I do see is real akin to this comment from Isaiah 40:22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

So tell me my friend, how do you spread a tent out over a ball? 

Oh and to give you some credit, that is not a doctored pic. I've seen and studied it before. This is not a subject that I came to lightly, as you know. It is something that I've put over a yr into studying. I can tell you for a certainty that not only are we being lied to but that there is an extremely sinister reason as to why. 

And if I may, consider that those so called Scientist tell us that the circumference of  the earth is only 25000 miles. But when you open your mind to the study of the pic above ask yourself how many miles is it from the upper left hand corner to the lower right corner? That curve should be a heck of allot more defined by the 25000 mile standard. 

The distance from Kenross Charter Township just north of Lake Huron to Cleveland Oh just south of Lake Erie is almost 500 miles. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kinross+Charter+Township,+MI/Cleveland,+OH/@43.7118098,-87.7217883,6z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4d361d813ac77f0d:0xddbbca29447307a0!2m2!1d-84.5078923!2d46.2778265!1m5!1m1!1s0x8830ef2ee3686b2d:0xed04cb55f7621842!2m2!1d-81.6943605!2d41.49932

meaning that the pic covers more than one twenty fifth of the surface of the earth. That curve should be a lot more pronounced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that I forgot to mention about you pic. is this. Where are the stars? You don't see any because to see stars you have to be looking at a more upward angle. But if we're living of a ball you should see stars whenever you see the horizon from space. And in this pic you can't use the lost in the atmosphere explanation, this pic is above earth atmosphere and thus you should see a sky filled with stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, where are the stars in this vid?

 

Astronauts in space spooked by mysterious knocking sound that no one can explain

One astronaut said the unexplained noises left him feeling very nervous and he couldn't see anything out of the ordinary when he looked into the vast emptiness of space

 

China's first astronaut says he heard mysterious knocks during his first flight in space - but no one has been able to explain the cause of them.

Astronaut Yang Liwei said the strange noises left him feeling very nervous and he looked out into the vast emptiness of space but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

 
 

Mr Yang, now a major general in China's Air Force, said it sounded like someone was knocking the body of the spaceship, comparing the noise to that of a hammer hitting an iron bucket.

The 51-year-old's unexplained experience has raised all kinds of theories, including aliens , and he said he has never heard the sound again since returning to earth.

China's first astronaut Yang Liwei
Mr Yang says the cause of the strange noises has never been established

In 2003 Mr Yang became the first person sent into space by the Chinese space programme, orbiting earth several times during a 21-hour flight.

He recalled the experience in a recent interview, telling Chinese media the mysterious knocking sounds occurred without rhyme or reason.

He said: "A non-causal situation I have met in space is a knock that appeared from time to time.

"It neither came from outside nor inside the spaceship, but sounded like someone is knocking the body of the spaceship just as knocking an iron bucket with a wooden hammer.

Mr Yang revealed he was very nervous when he heard the sounds and moved close to the spaceship's porthole to investigate the cause.

READ MORE

He failed to see anything out of the ordinary.

When he returned to earth he explained the noises to officials with the space programme and tried to imitate it with instruments.

The sound has also been heard by Chinese astronauts who have since been blasted into space.

Mr Yang said: "Before entering space I have told them that the sound is a normal phenomenon, so there is no need to worry."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By umbertino
      More than £500m ($613M) has been spent on PIP assessments for the disabled – where’s the sense in that?
      Tuesday 27 December 2016 12.39 GMT
      By Owen Jones
      ‘Companies get a fat cheque, courtesy of HM Taxpayer, disabled people get treated appallingly, and all for what?’ Photograph: Alamy  
      https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/27/taxpayers-cash-should-go-to-needy-ends-up-atos-capita
    • By umbertino
      After taking office with hopes of enacting change, the PM has failed to gain the trust of voters who see politics as a scapegoat
      Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Pontassieve (Florence)
      Saturday 3 December 2016 07.00 GMT
       
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/03/italy-referendum-defeat-would-complete-matteo-renzis-rapid-downfall
    • By umbertino
      Apprehension and distrust pervade North Dakota protest site as promises from state that there are no plans to forcibly remove people does little to assuage fears
      Julia Carrie Wong and Sam Levin
      Tuesday 29 November 2016 12.46 GMT
      Police use a water cannon on Standing Rock protesters last week. Photograph: Stephanie Keith/Reuters     https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/29/standing-rock-protest-north-dakota-shutdown-evacuation  
    • By umbertino
      Green party candidate has lodged a lawsuit arguing Wisconsin’s plan to allow automatic recounting ‘risks tainting the recount process’
      Jon Swaine in New York
      Tuesday 29 November 2016 05.02 GMT
       
      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/29/security-experts-join-jill-steins-election-changing-recount-campaign
    • By umbertino
      With Republicans poised to control the White House and Congress, the National Rifle Association sees chance to attack gun laws at the state and federal levels
      Lois Beckett
      Monday 28 November 2016 12.00 GMT
      Donald Trump with the NRA CEO, Wayne LaPierre, who sees a unique opportunity under the incoming president. Photograph: Scott Olson/Getty Images  
      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/28/nra-gun-control-donald-trump-republicans
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.