Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Dinar

dand1345

1 hour ago, dand1345 said:

Please clarify what is meant if Iraq deletes 3 zeros from their currency.  I have 25000 Iraq notes.  Does that mean they will become just 25 Iraq notes.  That would be painful.

No it does not. The current value of the dinar is 000845309 USD. by removing 3 zeros we would then have a dinar that is worth .845309 which in translation means .845309 dinar = 1 USD each or $1.18 + each USD.

Hope that helps and welcome to the posting side of the site ! Let me be the first to give you a green one !   :) 

Cheers, pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, dand1345 said:

Please clarify what is meant if Iraq deletes 3 zeros from their currency. 

Nobody Knows But There's A Couple Of Lopsters Down In The Tank Convinced That We're All Gonna Lose Money Based Upon Some Previous Bankrupt Countries Who Devalued Their Currencies While Completely Ignoring The Fact That Iraq Has Ten's Of Billions Of Dollars In Their Treasury Unlike Their Chicken Little Examples ! :o

:D    :D    :D

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

qz.com/782431/we-asked-economists-if-devaluing-the-rupee...       not sure if this  is a good link  ,  but  search   " devalued india currency " and look up  what economist think about it !     I  was a bit worried Iraq would follow suit  ,  but this  read  will help  ,  if you were  looking at this before   you asked  about  the zero`s  deal

• Upvote 1

We asked economists if devaluing the rupee is a good idea and the answer is a resounding “no...

Is devaluation a good idea?

Many economists, including central bankers, say that India should not tinker with its current mechanism and devalue the rupee. Not only will it have a devastating impact on the domestic economy, it will also not help exports in the long run  ---------  

Unlike China, where the daily exchange rate of the yuan is fixed by the central bank, the government in India does not control the exchange rate of the Indian currency. Since 1993, the rupee’s exchange rate has been determined by the market, which means it depends on demand and supply forces. < --------  this part  is  way  unlike Iraq ,  Iraq  is  under the administration of the central bank ,  and the bank  has  a hand  in the dinar  , as in india  central bank  does  not ...   { I think I said that right  } 

• Upvote 2

Dand,. You have hit on a sensitive topic. :).  

Actually what we want is an RV, without deletion of any zeros, but the deletion keeps coming up in the news.   So you have to decide if they wifi remove the zeros from the exchange rate or the currency.   The articles clearly say "currency", so to argue that it is NOT coming off the currency value is just not facing reality.   

So here are the two options:

they remove three zeros from the currency and RV's at 1.00, and it is a break even for the investors, but if it slowly comes back to $3.00, it's earlier glory, as quoted in their articles, we make a 300 % return.

or

they remove the zeros from the exchange rate and revalue at 1.18, as mentioned above, and they pay out Teillions to dinar holders.

which is more probable??

dont let them intimidate you about the Lobster tank.   That's what they say when they don't want to look at all the options.   They want to stifle any conversation that offers an option that doesn't result in their dreams.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, dand1345 said:

Please clarify what is meant if Iraq deletes 3 zeros from their currency.  I have 25000 Iraq notes.  Does that mean they will become just 25 Iraq notes.  That would be painful.

dand1345, the only thing you need to remember about all these zeros is....when they RV their currency you will make money. The LOP theory was debunked long ago. No one knows at present what your 25000 Dinar note will be worth but it will be worth more than the 23.00+ dollars it's worth now...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DoD said:

dand1345, the only thing you need to remember about all these zeros is....when they RV their currency you will make money. The LOP theory was debunked long ago. No one knows at present what your 25000 Dinar note will be worth but it will be worth more than the 23.00+ dollars it's worth now...

I concur DoD. While we all know that it will make us all a tidy sum there is no way to know if we will be celebrating the RV with a bottle of Champagne or a box of beer. I suspect we will find out real soon !

pp

• Upvote 2

On 2016-11-26 at 2:11 PM, pokerplayer said:

I concur DoD. While we all know that it will make us all a tidy sum there is no way to know if we will be celebrating the RV with a bottle of Champagne or a box of beer. I suspect we will find out real soon !

pp

A box of beer, eh? :o  PP, please tell me you're not a drinker ...  I don't think anyone has ever called it a box of beer ...

A case, maybe a six-pack - but a box?

ac4b06d96b529f12fddc72875ac5ca48.jpg

Unless you're old-school and remember these?

vintage-moosehead-beer-canadian-wooden-c

Or have that special condiment holder at home ...

$_3.JPG

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BJinMontreal said:

A box of beer, eh? :o  PP, please tell me you're not a drinker ...  I don't think anyone has ever called it a box of beer ...

A case, maybe a six-pack - but a box?

ac4b06d96b529f12fddc72875ac5ca48.jpg

Unless you're old-school and remember these?

vintage-moosehead-beer-canadian-wooden-c

Or have that special condiment holder at home ...

$_3.JPG

LOL, busted, no I'm not a drinker as you have guessed. Not sure were I heard the term. 2 glasses of wine in same day is a lot for me !! :)

pp

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

LOL, busted, no I'm not a drinker as you have guessed. Not sure were I heard the term. 2 glasses of wine in same day is a lot for me !! :)

pp

hahahhahahhaha

ok i just call it getting started

beer i drink comes in 12s only

so i order a 24 really puts them for a loop

but they know me and have a secret place for me when

i come in

seeee ya all soon succcckkkkas

week sucked big ummmmm bananas

i need a break 

so rv and lets go

probably see you in jail

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Unless I'm sitting beside you !! :)

pp

hahahha

i look forward to it

but no worries

we would have fun

but i got your back

and hubbies

on fire dept to

cant break all the rules

or can i 

hahahhaha

this is the best site around waiting

weird but i learn so much from all of you

ps love the pics for canada you do

excellant 

• Upvote 2

I am quite certain of one thing, Abadi keeps referring to Iraq's economy/currency returning to " It's Former Glory". A Lop will not return them to their previous glory for sure.... I can't even imagine them being this excited and focused about a Lop that they would be talking about it all day long every day. The countrys that have been  Devaluing their currencies came out the blue...no talk at all of any currency reforms....

• Upvote 2