Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Where's the money going to come from???/


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Chess where do you think the money will come from???  Will the FOREX just accept the RV and begin paying out ? That would be the biggest  GIVEAWAY in history. 

IF you don't know the FOREX is only an exchange market.  TO get 1$ per dinar someone must PAY $1 per dinar ( and expect to make a profit). Would they expect to WAIT to earn that profit  ??  

 

I need you all

 to remain level headed  this is only a few  $1K loss . There will be opportunities ahead.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Currency exchanges are an even money deal.  One traders gain is another's LOSS. SO WHO will buy a dinar for a dollar?  Banks don't buy and hold foreign currencies , They broker it for third parties. T

Ohhh I left out a re-occurring role the Rockford files. And yes my friend stranger things have happened.......a peanut farmer, & a community organizer just to name a few. Hope u had a great T

Don't laugh my friend, crazier things have happened.  Now, I'm not sticking up for Rock, but, seriously?!  Billionaire Real Estate Flipper......Beauty Queen maker.......Reality T.V. extraordinaire....

Posted Images

13 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

 DB.  Im sorry that U have felt attacked by any lopsters, if they do it again they will be SPANKED. I do not expect to SAVE anyone , only to impart enough truth that they may save themselves. BTW what ever happened to THE MACHINE ?? Very logical fellow, 

Answer this. A 1:1 or any profitable RV IS a GIVEAWAY of billions of dollars of Iraqi WEALTH , not just to Iraqi's but also to thousands of  non-Iraqi INFIDELS !  YES, I am sure they know you exist.  WHY would they do it ?  Al-Sadr , a muslim cleric , may  gain logical control of the GOI. would he allow it ?

I wonder whats happened to the machine to and thanks Rock

Link to post
Share on other sites

Under a fixed exchange rate system, only a decision by a country's government or monetary authority can alter the official value of the currency. Governments do, occasionally, take such measures, often in response to unusual market pressures. Devaluation, the deliberate downward adjustment in the official exchange rate, reduces the currency's value; in contrast, a revaluation is an upward change in the currency's value.

In the last 3 years the CBI has taken the rate from 1166 to 1190 , a loss of 2 cents per dollar ! That would be a deliberate DOWNWARD adjustment . A DEVALUATION 

I think the next move is 1200 !

Edited by rockfl9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want to believe this but i think there are a number of people here that are old enough to have grandchildren that believe in a "dinar fairy". They don't know where it will come from but they expect to wake up one morning and the dinar under their pillow will have become dollars.

Why bother dealing with a bank when a wish will do it?

I know that sounds silly but what you are expecting is nearly the same.

The CBi will declare an RV even though it doesnt have the funds to support one.

The "Banks ?" will get the word and set up "redemption centers" to manage a mass exchange !

Sorry ,this is all BS and should be in RUMORS.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting more peoples' salaries on debit cards will allow them to hold off printing replacement notes for a while more. Pulling in "chunky money is another thing. I think typical Iraqi does not trust a bank or the GOI to know how much money they may actually have.  Because there will be the question "Where did you get this?"

Good article on "deleting the zeros" , makes it clear that it involves removing the zeros from ALL the bills and not just resetting the rate.  It is a no profit adjustment of all the notes in circulation.   NO new millionaires.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, rockfl9 said:

I dont want to believe this but i think there are a number of people here that are old enough to have grandchildren that believe in a "dinar fairy". They don't know where it will come from but they expect to wake up one morning and the dinar under their pillow will have become dollars.

Why bother dealing with a bank when a wish will do it?

I know that sounds silly but what you are expecting is nearly the same.

The CBi will declare an RV even though it doesnt have the funds to support system" rel="">support one.

The "Banks ?" will get the word and set up "redemption centers" to manage a mass exchange !

Sorry ,this is all BS and should be in RUMORS.

 

 

First, I think you must be Kaperoni in disguise, because you talk just like he does.

 

Second, the money will come from the US Treasury who would love to have the dinar that is already in their vaults (See NY Times Article "Billions Over Baghdad) revalued so that it's worth more than the paltry amount it is now.  I'm pretty sure that when the US flew planeloads of dollars to Iraq in order to keep their economy from collapsing, they took "worthless" dinar in return knowing that one day the dinar would be "worthless" no more.

 

Aside from that, remember when Bush said the Iraqi War wouldn't cost us anything?  Now why would he say a thing like that when it cost us trillions?  Maybe he knew something?????

 

You have said, in the past, that the Treasury deals only in dollars.  I beg to differ:

 

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/IR-Position/Pages/default.aspx

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, rockfl9 said:

Putting more peoples' salaries on debit cards will allow them to hold off printing replacement notes for a while more. Pulling in "chunky money is another thing. I think typical Iraqi does not trust a bank or the GOI to know how much money they may actually have.  Because there will be the question "Where did you get this?"

Good article on "deleting the zeros" , makes it clear that it involves removing the zeros from ALL the bills and not just resetting the rate.  It is a no profit adjustment of all the notes in circulation.   NO new millionaires.

I think your completely wrong and most people in this investment will not sell up your wasting your time rock. You need to break the cycle, you can do it rock, free yourself. Rock you need to be released back into the wild

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 11:17 AM, Floridian said:

 

 

Second, the money will come from the US Treasury who would love to have the dinar that is already in their vaults (See NY Times Article "Billions Over Baghdad) revalued so that it's worth more than the paltry amount it is now.  I'm pretty sure that when the US flew planeloads of dollars to Iraq in order to keep their economy from collapsing, they took "worthless" dinar in return knowing that one day the dinar would be "worthless" no more.

 

Aside from that, remember when Bush said the Iraqi War wouldn't cost us anything?  Now why would he say a thing like that when it cost us trillions?  Maybe he knew something?????

 

You have said, in the past, that the Treasury deals only in dollars.  I beg to differ:

 

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/IR-Position/Pages/default.aspx

 

That link was a good find .  I am not surprised that the UST  has some HARD CURRENCY in the reserves . BUT note there are NO "non SDR "  currencies ( dinar , dong, etc. ) listed !  That is what I really meant.  The plane loads of dollars we sent in was relief money to keep people from starving , not to buy up dinar.  The only dinar that existed then was the Sadam dinar and was of suspect value so merchants wouldnt take it . WE sent in mostly fives , tens and twentys.. that is why it took up so much space.    For goodwill the area commanders were given the money to engage local labor.  $15 for one days labor  , a man with a truck was paid $30-50 for a day.  Skilled/educated that could speak english  , were hired as interpreters   or  coordinators for up to $200 a week.  It was all spent!

I personally did not read anywhere that quoted Bush saying the war wouldnt cost us ... After the fact DO you really still believe that?  We are still paying!

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 8:31 PM, dinarbeleiver said:

I think your completely wrong and most people in this investment will not sell up your wasting your time rock. You need to break the cycle, you can do it rock, free yourself. Rock you need to be released back into the wild

Dinarland IS  the WILD.

I am just passing the time reading the RUMORS.   But along the way i am learning a lot about human nature .  The dream of becoming rich in such a mundane "investment " can cause some people to loose all sense of logic.  

You are  right most wont sell simply to do that would be too painful .  Avoid the pain , keep the dream alive as long as possible. One more year and then another year.

IT has to happen no matter how long it takes .. Avoid the pain.

Edited by rockfl9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

The only dream I have at the moment is your hard drive will crash and you won't be able to post for a long time.

 

  Now that is a DREAM !!

 

  pp

You are a MEANIE  PP !  I've been thru crashes and wouldnt wish that on anyone . BUT ive learned and am fully backed up.  Plus have 2 PC's a laptop and cell.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

The only dream I have at the moment is your hard drive will crash and you won't be able to post for a long time.

 

  Now that is a DREAM !!

 

  pp

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

That link was a good find .  I am not surprised that the UST  has some HARD CURRENCY in the reserves . BUT note there are NO "non SDR "  currencies ( dinar , dong, etc. ) listed !  That is what I really meant.  The plane loads of dollars we sent in was relief money to keep people from starving , not to buy up dinar.  The only dinar that existed then was the Sadam dinar and was of suspect value so merchants wouldnt take it . WE sent in mostly fives , tens and twentys.. that is why it took up so much space.    For goodwill the area commanders were given the money to engage local labor.  $15 for one days labor  , a man with a truck was paid $30-50 for a day.  Skilled/educated that could speak english  , were hired as interpreters   or  coordinators for up to $200 a week.  It was all spent!

I personally did not read anywhere that quoted Bush saying the war wouldnt cost us ... After the fact DO you really still believe that?  We are still paying!

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/opinion/27taylor.html

 

"Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, THE CENTRAL BANK BOUGHT BILLIONS OF UNITED STATES DOLLARS to keep it from appreciating too much.

 

What do you think they bought the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS with?  Could it beeeeeeeeeeeee DINAR?  🤫

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

That link was a good find .  I am not surprised that the UST  has some HARD CURRENCY in the reserves . BUT note there are NO "non SDR "  currencies ( dinar , dong, etc. ) listed !  That is what I really meant.  The plane loads of dollars we sent in was relief money to keep people from starving , not to buy up dinar.  The only dinar that existed then was the Sadam dinar and was of suspect value so merchants wouldnt take it . WE sent in mostly fives , tens and twentys.. that is why it took up so much space.    For goodwill the area commanders were given the money to engage local labor.  $15 for one days labor  , a man with a truck was paid $30-50 for a day.  Skilled/educated that could speak english  , were hired as interpreters   or  coordinators for up to $200 a week.  It was all spent!

I personally did not read anywhere that quoted Bush saying the war wouldnt cost us ... After the fact DO you really still believe that?  We are still paying!

 

Here's the answer to your second question:

 

The most striking fact about the cost of the war in Iraq has been the extent to which it has been kept "off the books" of the government's ledgers and hidden from the American people. This was done by design. A fundamental assumption of the Bush administration's approach to the war was that it was only politically sustainable if it was portrayed as near-costless to the American public and to key constituencies in Washington. The dirty little secret of the Iraq war – one that both Bush and the war hawks in the Democratic party knew, but would never admit – was that the American people would only support a war to get rid of Saddam Hussein if they could be assured that they would pay almost nothing for it.

 

The Iraq war provides many lessons, but among the most important is that the promise of a cheap and easy war never turns out to be true.  The Bush administration sold the American people a bill of goods with Iraq, offering them a short and glorious war while secretly running up a tab that future generations will be left with. Along with Afghanistan, the war in Iraq added $1.4tn to the national debt.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/11/us-public-defrauded-hidden-cost-iraq-war

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Floridian said:

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/opinion/27taylor.html

 

"Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, THE CENTRAL BANK BOUGHT BILLIONS OF UNITED STATES DOLLARS to keep it from appreciating too much.

 

What do you think they bought the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS with?  Could it beeeeeeeeeeeee DINAR?  🤫

 

YES!  They bought billions of United States Dollars with TRILLIONS of Dinar!  😀

Edited by Floridian
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 8:17 AM, Floridian said:

 

Second, the money will come from the US Treasury who would love to have the dinar that is already in their vaults (See NY Times Article "Billions Over Baghdad) revalued so that it's worth more than the paltry amount it is now.  I'm pretty sure that when the US flew planeloads of dollars to Iraq in order to keep their economy from collapsing, they took "worthless" dinar in return knowing that one day the dinar would be "worthless" no more.

 

Aside from that, remember when Bush said the Iraqi War wouldn't cost us anything?  Now why would he say a thing like that when it cost us trillions?  Maybe he knew something?????

 

You have said, in the past, that the Treasury deals only in dollars.  I beg to differ:

 

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/IR-Position/Pages/default.aspx

 

The NY Times article you mention can be seen here https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/opinion/27taylor.html and it does NOT say anything about the UST getting dinars in exchange for dollars we shipped to Iraq.  It does say that those dollars were confiscated from Saddam's US accounts and were just given to Iraq..  The article mettions that the Iraq central bank (not the UST) was. in the early days, buying a lot of the new dinars with their dollars in order to stablize the price.  I also do not think Bush every said that the Iraq war would pay for itself.  They of course wanted to sell the idea that the war would not cost trillions since that would make the public even less eager.  Wolfowitz (perhaps among others) did say that Iraq would pay for their own reconstruction.

03/27/2003, Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary (from http://zfacts.com/iraq-war-quotes)
Quote

“There’s a lot of money to pay for this … the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.”

 

Note that your link for foreign reserves at the UST shows a grand total of about $120 billion wroth (Iraq has on the order of 80 Trillion iQD in their money supply)
 
 
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Floridian said:

 

YES!  They bought billions of United States Dollars with TRILLIONS of Dinar!  😀

The Iraq central bank did not buy dollars from the UST, that would not stablize the price in Iraq, they bought it from Iraqi's.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Floridian said:

 

YES!  They bought billions of United States Dollars with TRILLIONS of Dinar!  😀

That is not what the article said.   The money was Iraqi dollars that were released by EO.  We knew most of the funds were there only it was all "electronic " and  Iraqis needed spendable cash fast. There was a report on this in "the Economist Magazine.  Before the attack our CIA was working with the Kurds in an attempt to remove Sadam and force a regime change. Several attempts to get  him failed.  The US was aware that Sadam had raided the Central bank 2 weeks before the start of the war we did not know if he was able to get it out of the country. He did not and most was recovered as the article states. Interestingly he did not attempt to take any gold , although some was pilfered by the retreating army most was recovered. When things settled out the central bank had about 10 Billion in cash and gold.  That is what backed the new dinar. 

The UST balance  sheet does not show ANY NON SDR holdings (i.e. Dinar)

The cost of war has never been an on-budget item .  The military acconting systems are a mess .  Wars are a blank check to them.  When it is  over discrepacies are simply zeroed out.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

That is not what the article said.   The money was Iraqi dollars that were released by EO.  We knew most of the funds were there only it was all "electronic " and  Iraqis needed spendable cash fast. There was a report on this in "the Economist Magazine.  Before the attack our CIA was working with the Kurds in an attempt to remove Sadam and force a regime change. Several attempts to get  him failed.  The US was aware that Sadam had raided the Central bank 2 weeks before the start of the war we did not know if he was able to get it out of the country. He did not and most was recovered as the article states. Interestingly he did not attempt to take any gold , although some was pilfered by the retreating army most was recovered. When things settled out the central bank had about 10 Billion in cash and gold.  That is what backed the new dinar. 

The UST balance  sheet does not show ANY NON SDR holdings (i.e. Dinar)

The cost of war has never been an on-budget item .  The military acconting systems are a mess .  Wars are a blank check to them.  When it is  over discrepacies are simply zeroed out.

 

What are you talking about, man?  You are so wrong!

 

Billions Over Baghdad

By JOHN B. TAYLOR FEB. 27, 2007

 

Stanford, Calif.

 

EARLIER this month, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform held a hearing that criticized the decision to ship American currency into Iraq just after Saddam Hussein’s government fell. As the committee’s chairman, Henry Waxman of California, put it in his opening statement, “Who in their right mind would send 360 tons of cash into a war zone?” His criticism attracted wide attention, feeding antiwar sentiment and even providing material for comedians. But a careful investigation of the facts behind the currency shipment paints a far different picture.

The currency that was shipped into Iraq in the days after the fall of Saddam Hussein’s government was part of a successful financial operation that had been carefully planned months before the invasion. Its aims were to prevent a financial collapse in Iraq, put the financial system on a firm footing and pave the way for a new Iraqi currency. Contrary to the criticism that such currency shipments were ill advised or poorly monitored, this financial plan was carried out with precision and was a complete success.

 

The plan, which had two stages, was designed to work for Iraq’s cash economy, in which checks or electronic funds transfers were virtually unknown and shipments of tons of cash were commonplace.

 

In the first stage, the United States would pay Iraqi government employees and pensioners in American dollars. These were obtained from Saddam Hussein’s accounts in American banks, which were frozen after he attacked Kuwait in 1990 and amounted to about $1.7 billion. Since the dollar is a strong and reliable currency, paying in dollars would create financial stability until a new Iraqi governing body was established and could design a new currency. The second stage of the plan was to print a new Iraqi currency for which Iraqis could exchange their old dinars.

 

The final details of the plan were reviewed in the White House Situation Room by President Bush and the National Security Council on March 12, 2003. I attended that meeting. Treasury Secretary John Snow opened the presentation with a series of slides. “As soon as control over the Iraqi government is established,” the first slide read, we plan to “use United States dollars to pay civil servants and pensioners. Later, depending on the situation on the ground, we would decide about the new currency.” Another slide indicated that we could ship $100 million in small denominations to Baghdad on one week’s notice. President Bush approved the plan with the understanding that we would review the options for a new Iraqi currency later, when we knew the situation on the ground.

 

To carry out the first stage of the plan, President Bush issued an executive order on March 20, 2003, instructing United States banks to relinquish Mr. Hussein’s frozen dollars. From that money, 237.3 tons in $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills were sent to Iraq. During April, United States Treasury officials in Baghdad worked with the military and the Iraqi Finance Ministry officials — who had painstakingly kept the payroll records despite the looting of the ministry — to make sure the right people were paid. The Iraqis supplied extensive documentation of each recipient of a pension or paycheck. Treasury officials who watched over the payment process in Baghdad in those first few weeks reported a culture of good record keeping.

 

On April 29, Jay Garner, the retired lieutenant general who headed the reconstruction effort in Iraq at the time, reported to Washington that the payments had lifted the mood of people in Baghdad during those first few confusing days. Even more important, a collapse of the financial system was avoided.

This success paved the way for the second stage of the plan. In only a few months, 27 planeloads (in 747 jumbo jets) of new Iraqi currency were flown into Iraq from seven printing plants around the world. Armed convoys delivered the currency to 240 sites around the country. From there, it was distributed to 25 million Iraqis in exchange for their old dinars, which were then dyed, collected into trucks, shipped to incinerators and burned or simply buried.

The new currency proved to be very popular. It provided a sound underpinning for the financial system and remains strong, appreciating against the dollar even in the past few months. Hence, the second part of the currency plan was also a success.

 

The story of the currency plan is one of several that involved large sums of cash. For example, just before the war, Saddam Hussein stole $1 billion from the Iraqi central bank. American soldiers found that money in his palaces and shipped it to a base in Kuwait, where the United States Army’s 336th Finance Command kept it safe. To avoid any appearance of wrongdoing, American soldiers in Kuwait wore pocket-less shorts and T-shirts whenever they counted the money.

 

Later, American forces used the found cash to build schools and hospitals, and to repair roads and bridges. Gen. David Petraeus has described these projects as more successful than the broader reconstruction effort.

 

But that wasn’t the only source of dollars. Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, the central bank bought billions of United States dollars to keep it from appreciating too much. As a result, billions in cash accumulated in the vaults of the central bank. Later, with American help, the Iraqi central bank deposited these billions at the New York Federal Reserve Bank, where they could earn interest.

 

Finally, when Iraq started to earn dollars selling oil, the United States transferred the cash revenue to the Finance Ministry, where it was used to finance government operations, including salaries and reconstruction. Many of these transfers occurred in 2004, long after the financial stabilization operation had concluded. Iraqi Finance Ministry officials had already demonstrated that they were serious about keeping the controls they had in place. The 360 tons mentioned by Henry Waxman includes these transfers as well as the 237.3 tons shipped in 2003 in the stabilization.

 

One of the most successful and carefully planned operations of the war has been held up in this hearing for criticism and even ridicule. As these facts show, praise rather than ridicule is appropriate: praise for the brave experts in the United States Treasury who went to Iraq in April 2003 and established a working Finance Ministry and central bank, praise for the Iraqis in the Finance Ministry who carefully preserved payment records in the face of looting, praise for the American soldiers in the 336th Finance Command who safely kept found money, and yes, even praise for planning and follow-through back in the United States.

 

John B. Taylor, under secretary of the Treasury from 2001 to 2005, is the author of “Global Financial Warriors.”
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Floridian said:

 

What are you talking about, man?  You are so wrong!

 

Billions Over Baghdad

By JOHN B. TAYLOR FEB. 27, 2007

 

Stanford, Calif.

 

The currency that was shipped into Iraq in the days after the fall of Saddam Hussein’s government was part of a successful financial operation that had been carefully PLANNED MONTHS BEFORE the invasion. Its aims were to prevent a financial collapse in Iraq, put the financial system on a firm footing and pave the way for a new Iraqi currency. Contrary to the criticism that such currency shipments were ill advised or poorly monitored, this financial plan was carried out with precision and was a complete success.

 

Another slide indicated that we could ship $100 million in small denominations to Baghdad on one week’s notice. President Bush approved the plan with the understanding that we would review the options for a new Iraqi currency later, when we knew the situation on the ground.

 

To carry out the first stage of the plan, President Bush issued an executive order on March 20, 2003, instructing United States banks to relinquish Mr. Hussein’s frozen dollars. From that money, 237.3 tons in $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills were sent to Iraq.

On April 29, Jay Garner, the retired lieutenant general who headed the reconstruction effort in Iraq at the time, reported to Washington that the payments had lifted the mood of people in Baghdad during those first few confusing days. Even more important, a collapse of the financial system was avoided.

 

The story of the currency plan is one of several that involved large sums of cash. For example, just before the war, Saddam Hussein stole $1 billion from the Iraqi central bank. American soldiers found that money in his palaces and shipped it to a base in Kuwait, where the United States Army’s 336th Finance Command kept it safe. To avoid any appearance of wrongdoing, American soldiers in Kuwait wore pocket-less shorts and T-shirts whenever they counted the money.

 

 

WE DON'T DISAGREE !   The monies we sent were Iraqi funds seized before the war .    It was theirs .   BUT nowhere does it say we PURCHASED IQD  ..

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

WE DON'T DISAGREE !   The monies we sent were Iraqi funds seized before the war .    It was theirs .   BUT nowhere does it say we PURCHASED IQD  ..

 

How did the Central Bank pay for the billions of US dollars they bought?  With Iraqi Dinars, no?

We didn't purchase IQD.  Iraq purchased dollars and we got IQD for the dollars they purchased.

For the 3rd time, here it is: 

 

Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, the central bank bought billions of United States dollars to keep it from appreciating too much.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Floridian said:

 

How did the Central Bank pay for the billions of US dollars they bought?  With Iraqi Dinars, no?

We didn't purchase IQD.  Iraq purchased dollars and we got IQD for the dollars they purchased.

For the 3rd time, here it is: 

 

Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, the central bank bought billions of United States dollars to keep it from appreciating too much.

 

How would the CBI buying dollars from the UST with IQD keep the price (exchange rate) of IQD in Iraq (i.e. on the street) from "appreciating too much"?  The CBI was buying dollars from downstream Iraqi banks who were buying them from Iraqi's so as to increase the supply of IQD in circulation in Iraq,.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 3:50 AM, EverCurious452 said:

How would the CBI buying dollars from the UST with IQD keep the price (exchange rate) of IQD in Iraq (i.e. on the street) from "appreciating too much"?  The CBI was buying dollars from downstream Iraqi banks who were buying them from Iraqi's so as to increase the supply of IQD in circulation in Iraq,.

 

On 7/8/2018 at 3:50 AM, EverCurious452 said:

How would the CBI buying dollars from the UST with IQD keep the price (exchange rate) of IQD in Iraq (i.e. on the street) from "appreciating too much"?  The CBI was buying dollars from downstream Iraqi banks who were buying them from Iraqi's so as to increase the supply of IQD in circulation in Iraq,.

 

I will not answer questions again and again and again.

Read above and figure it out.

 

The information comes from John B. Taylor, under secretary of the treasury from 2001 to 2005.   If you can’t figure it out, ask him. I’m tired. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Floridian said:

 

 

I will not answer questions again and again and again.

Read above and figure it out.

 

The information comes from John B. Taylor, under secretary of the treasury from 2001 to 2005.   If you can’t figure it out, ask him. I’m tired. 

 

There baiting you Floridian. I have seen you repeat the same thing over again as well. Don't fall any further into there trap.

 

  Just  :twocents:,  pp

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.