Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Where's the money going to come from???/


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, caz1104 said:

I don't know WHY you "such a person would be here at all" either!!!!! Your not vested. So if ur to naïve to understand why those that ARE vested are here....duh, then what SANE person with nothing vested be here? For years at that....now that's INSANE by any SANE's persons definition.

Exactly...here is the BLUF.  It is our money, we made a decision to invest!  If we are wrong, then we are wrong! However, it was our decision to make! You don’t agree with my/our decision, fine...you made your point, but quit beating the dead horse already!!! Our money...our decision! So now...what’s you point???

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Currency exchanges are an even money deal.  One traders gain is another's LOSS. SO WHO will buy a dinar for a dollar?  Banks don't buy and hold foreign currencies , They broker it for third parties. T

Ohhh I left out a re-occurring role the Rockford files. And yes my friend stranger things have happened.......a peanut farmer, & a community organizer just to name a few. Hope u had a great T

Don't laugh my friend, crazier things have happened.  Now, I'm not sticking up for Rock, but, seriously?!  Billionaire Real Estate Flipper......Beauty Queen maker.......Reality T.V. extraordinaire....

Posted Images

20 hours ago, chess said:

EASY.....just dial 1-800-ASK-ADAM.........................!

I tried that number. It's a dating service for *** men !

I did ask Adam that Q back in 2010 and was told to look it up in the cash-in guide ( note that the "exchange " thing wasn't the thing to do back in those days). Well I went back and looked and the only thing i found was to go to the BANK and they would have it. Where the BANK would get this large supply of dollars was not explained. 

The problem I see is this :  There ARE 80 TRILLION IQD in M2.  I don't buy the 2 sets of books rumor with the IMF monitoring  MOF.  Lets assume  75 T is in circulation  in Iraq. ( a really wild guess). IF the cbi would declare a 10 cent rate , the dinar in Iraq alone would be worth  7.5 T USD.  There  would be an IMMEDIATE RUN on all the banks in Iraq for dollars.  But the CBI only has  $51 M in reserves. 

Conclusion :  There cannot be a rate greater than 1/10th of a cent EVER. Nobody makes any profit at that rate.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CSM (R) Thackrey said:

Exactly...here is the BLUF.  It is our money, we made a decision to invest!  If we are wrong, then we are wrong! However, it was our decision to make! You don’t agree with my/our decision, fine...you made your point, but quit beating the dead horse already!!! Our money...our decision! So now...what’s you point???

:twothumbs: if Rockfish was a newbie then maybe I could bypass his constant negativity towards us, this site, & life in general. But his non-stop crap has been going on well over 3-4 years now. Even his wife & kids ignore him...I believe this is his only outlet

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

I tried that number. It's a dating service for *** men !

I did ask Adam that Q back in 2010 and was told to look it up in the cash-in guide ( note that the "exchange " thing wasn't the thing to do back in those days). Well I went back and looked and the only thing i found was to go to the BANK and they would have it. Where the BANK would get this large supply of dollars was not explained. 

The problem I see is this :  There ARE 80 TRILLION IQD in M2.  I don't buy the 2 sets of books rumor with the IMF monitoring  MOF.  Lets assume  75 T is in circulation  in Iraq. ( a really wild guess). IF the cbi would declare a 10 cent rate , the dinar in Iraq alone would be worth  7.5 T USD.  There  would be an IMMEDIATE RUN on all the banks in Iraq for dollars.  But the CBI only has  $51 M in reserves. 

Conclusion :  There cannot be a rate greater than 1/10th of a cent EVER. Nobody makes any profit at that rate.

Your comment “dating service for *** men”uncalled for and out of line!!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Caz & Thackrey    I guess neither of you know where the money will come from or you surely would  tell me. lol   Yes, you may spend your money any way you like.

I don't expect to change YOUR minds my mission is to  help those who  may fall for the guru poo and spend money that they can't afford to lose. But I am glad that you two mature savvy "investors"  can't explain where the money will come from adds to my case.  The more people I can get that don't have that answer Then maybe the newbe  will get the idea that THERE IS NO MONEY  TO FUND AN RV of any profitable size.. 

 

  • Downvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

So now trashing Adam.....a new low even for u Rockfish

Not trashing , just stating that i tried to get an answer but possibly the q was not clear.  Maybe he he is monitoring this and can pick up on it in the next chat. I am not VIP so maybe he covers things like that there. 

  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

The term is socially acceptable these days . We have *** Pride days here.

The “term” you wrote “***”...substituting for *** (is what I deem unacceptable)! What did that truly add to your thread...Nothing!!!  You were trying to be funny...and it fell flat!!  As to your question where’s the money coming from...can’t answer.  I’m obviously not the “mature savy” investor you are!!! Again...what is you point, what is your “end state”?  You think after the number of years we (all DV members) have been involved with this that we are all going to read your thread and have a sudden epiphany and cash in? WRONG!!!  If your mission is to stop others...from making our mistake...well good luck with that!

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockfl9 you have been with DV since 2012, you already know the answer to this question of yours. So why did you ask it again?

CSM R ... yup you right. 

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Caz & Thackrey    I guess neither of you know where the money will come from or you surely would  tell me. lol   Yes, you may spend your money any way you like.

I don't expect to change YOUR minds my mission is to  help those who  may fall for the guru poo and spend money that they can't afford to lose. But I am glad that you two mature savvy "investors"  can't explain where the money will come from adds to my case.  The more people I can get that don't have that answer Then maybe the newbe  will get the idea that THERE IS NO MONEY  TO FUND AN RV of any profitable size.. 

 

The "holier than thou - sainthood" premise is total :bs:. If saving folks was truly your goal you would attempt to do so BEFORE they purchased. Oh but wait that was your savoir/mentor's(sam I wish I was & dr sonny jurgensen) thought.....that failed miserably via a website created. You have NO real reason to be here other than to constantly show folks your a disgruntled foreign currency wanna be.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Rockfl9 you have been with DV since 2012, you already know the answer to this question of yours. So why did you ask it again?

CSM R ... yup you right. 

:twothumbs:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockfl9: Do the exchanges or banks cough up the money at a higher value when the rate goes up or when it goes down ? Does the country of origin fork out the cash ? The answer to both is NO. The market does, the international market pegs a value to the IQD, USD, or any other country's currency and pay to the person turning the cash in what it says it is worth. You can't just lop a 0 or three and call that a revalued currency , cuz the international rate for xyz currency before loping reflected the international value. So if nothing changes, outside of cutting off a few digits, the international market rate will be the same after the "changes ". It's that simple.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CSM (R) Thackrey said:

The “term” you wrote “***”...substituting for *** (is what I deem unacceptable)! What did that truly add to your thread...Nothing!!!  You were trying to be funny...and it fell fl

If you don't know where the money will come from then you are NOT anything to this thread. Bye !

  • Downvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

If you don't know where the money will come from then you are NOT anything to this thread. Bye !

 

2 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Rockfl9 you have been with DV since 2012, you already know the answer to this question of yours. So why did you ask it again?

CSM R ... yup you right. 

Hooah...new york kevin!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caz1104 said:

The "holier than thou - sainthood" premise is total :bs:. If saving folks was truly your goal you would attempt to do so BEFORE they purchased. Oh but wait that was your savoir/mentor's(sam I wish I was & dr sonny jurgensen) thought.....that failed miserably via a website created. You have NO real reason to be here other than to constantly show folks your a disgruntled foreign currency wanna be.

Roger that caz1104!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Rockfl9: Do the exchanges or banks cough up the money at a higher value when the rate goes up or when it goes down ? Does the country of origin fork out the cash ? The answer to both is NO. The market does, the international market pegs a value to the IQD, USD, or any other country's currency and pay to the person turning the cash in what it says it is worth. You can't just lop a 0 or three and call that a revalued currency , cuz the international rate for xyz currency before loping reflected the international value. So if nothing changes, outside of cutting off a few digits, the international market rate will be the same after the "changes ". It's that simple.

Kevin you make great points.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I hear someone ask “where will the money come from?”, I always ask, “where did the money go”? Meaning their value was 3 times the USD years ago, so where did the money go? If the money can go so easily, then the money can come easily too.. we shall see..

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GregHi said:

When I hear someone ask “where will the money come from?”, I always ask, “where did the money go”? Meaning their value was 3 times the USD years ago, so where did the money go? If the money can go so easily, then the money can come easily too.. we shall see..

Simple . The money you speak of was spent to support wars  and lavish lifestyles.  It is gone .  NEVER to return. 

When you buy a new model car we all know that it looses 25% of the price the minute you drive off the lot , where did that money go? Do you expect to get it back 5 years later NO   When you convert currency to goods and the goods are consumed the value is LOST. 

11 hours ago, new york kevin said:

 

 

  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rockfl9 said:
12 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Rockfl9: Do the exchanges or banks cough up the money at a higher value when the rate goes up or when it goes down ? Does the country of origin fork out the cash ? The answer to both is NO. The market does, the international market pegs a value to the IQD, USD, or any other country's currency and pay to the person turning the cash in what it says it is worth. You can't just lop a 0 or three and call that a revalued currency , cuz the international rate for xyz currency before loping reflected the international value. So if nothing changes, outside of cutting off a few digits, the international market rate will be the same after the "changes ". It's that simple.

Kevin, you are very right, but I am not sure you understand your own answer!

THE MARKET is NOT some super bank ready and willing to buy and sell UNLIMITED amounts of currency. The market is made up of PEOPLE (traders) who expect to make a profit by trading .  A trader will offer to buy ONLY as much as he can afford at a price that gives an assumed PROFIT ( that profit assumption has a time limit) Traders are risk takers but with limits. To get to the point.  IF the IQD were every to get to the international currency market it must compete with all the other currencies on the basis of profitability, nothing else. The rate that the CBI places on INTERNAL value of the IQD has only a little weight and that is to establish a floor value IF the CBI will buy it back possibly at some discounted price.  IF the CBI will not then there is no down side!

SO even if the CBI says the rate in country is 10 cents TOMORROW . Do not  be surprised if you go to your bank to sell and the bank says the value is ZERO because there are NO BUYERS at that price.

 

Edited by rockfl9
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note to anyone: Do not take ANY type of advise from a cartoon character online or anywhere! Consult an expert in the field in question. Would u get medical advise from LeBron James? Then why in the hell would you accept advice from clown like Rockfish? Who has stated to be many differing things since being here at DV. He's a foreign currency wanna be that has NO professional expertise in the field that he spews negativity about. Take what he say's with the smallest grain of salt.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Note to anyone: Do not take ANY type of advise from a cartoon character online or anywhere! Consult an expert in the field in question. Would u get medical advise from LeBron James? Then why in the hell would you accept advice from clown like Rockfish? Who has stated to be many differing things since being here at DV. He's a foreign currency wanna be that has NO professional expertise in the field that he spews negativity about. Take what he say's with the smallest grain of salt.

Hooah!!! 👍👍👍

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Simple . The money you speak of was spent to support system">support wars  and lavish lifestyles.  It is gone .  NEVER to return. 

When you buy a new model car we all know that it looses 25% of the price the minute you drive off the lot , where did that money go? Do you expect to get it back 5 years later NO   When you convert currency to goods and the goods are consumed the value is LOST. 

 

Rock, if that’s the case then if we go to war with Iran or N Korea, are we to expect The USD to to fall in value as the Dinar did and just say, well all of our money went to the war.. we are all broke now because of the war... no. When we buy a car we know it will depreciate in value over time. When we buy a house we know it will probable appreciate in value over time. Just because a war breaks out does not mean every civilian of the Country will loose their entire life’s savings, never to be paid back or made while again. So I ask again, where did all of that money (value) go to begin with?

Edited by GregHi
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.