Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where's the money going to come from???/

rockfl9

On 10/9/2018 at 8:53 PM, Floridian said:

If this is so, that they need 6–7 trillion dollars to RV at .10, how is any RV possible at all, let alone  $1.00 or more, as most people are expecting ? 

SD is close.. 80 trillion dinar at 10 cents per dinar is $8 trillion USD!  The CBI has about $55 Billion  in reserves .  Simple accounting says they would be BANKRUPT ... WHY would they even THINK of doing it? 

THE GURUS are trying to put out the line that  the CBI could simply SET the rate it wants , then  DECLARE the dinar Internationally trade-able .  The rate would show up on FOREX , Then BOOM the banks would start buying dinar and it would not cost the CBI anything... HOGWASH That is NOT the way it works .  FOREX is a supply/demand based trade .. A 10 cent rate would require a large number of BUYERS at that rate and the CBI would have to be one of them. WHY would they pay 10 cents per dinar when they can print a 50K note for 6 cents.

The psychology of this speculation is a theater of the ABSURD.  

Greed run amok is an essential feature of every speculative boom in history .  In the frenzy for money,  players ignore logic for the dubious but thrilling assumption that they will get rich. A player will believe anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

SD is close.. 80 trillion dinar at 10 cents per dinar is $8 trillion USD!  The CBI has about $55 Billion  in reserves .  Simple accounting says they would be BANKRUPT ... WHY would they even THINK of doing it? 

THE GURUS are trying to put out the line that  the CBI could simply SET the rate it wants , then  DECLARE the dinar Internationally trade-able .  The rate would show up on FOREX , Then BOOM the banks would start buying dinar and it would not cost the CBI anything... HOGWASH That is NOT the way it works .  FOREX is a supply/demand based trade .. A 10 cent rate would require a large number of BUYERS at that rate and the CBI would have to be one of them. WHY would they pay 10 cents per dinar when they can print a 50K note for 6 cents.

The psychology of this speculation is a theater of the ABSURD.  

Greed run amok is an essential feature of every speculative boom in history .  In the frenzy for money,  players ignore logic for the dubious but thrilling assumption that they will get rich. A player will believe anything. 

Well, if nothing is going to happen with the dinar, it doesn't make any sense for any of us to be here at all.  Does it?

May I ask why you are here, RockFL9?  What is YOUR reason for coming to this site?  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Well, if nothing is going to happen with the dinar, it doesn't make any sense for any of us to be here at all.  Does it?

May I ask why you are here, RockFL9?  What is YOUR reason for coming to this site?  

As I said earlier this speculation (con game) is a theater of the ABSURD..  I am amazed at the number of people who really believe that they will become rich in this thing !    Don't you see that the GURUS ( likely supported by dealers ) are stirring the pot over and over to keep up the hype and of course create more dinar sales .. RV  next week over and over but no RV, RI.  The expectation of becoming rich with such a meager investment is mesmerizing.  The trillions of dollars this mythical RV would require dont exist and cant appear out of thin air. 

• Downvote 5

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, rockfl9 said:

Pacman csn't read charts correctly, the number is 61 THOUSAND-BILLIONS that is equal to 61 TRILLION. But that has noting to do with the  current or future value of the dinar.   Such exaggerations , maybe he is training for the presidency. 

CAZ, how would I get to them before they buy dinar?  Usually they get the " get rich overnite , if you buy right now"  line.  Then they wait 3-4 weeks to try to find out what happened !   

Your somewhat intelligent....I believe. You could try the Sam I Am & JJ route and create your own web site warning folks BEFORE they purchase. That way when folks Google search, they will come across your pretty face and the website would poof appear for all to enter & read......simple really. You could be the "Savoir" you aspire to be. My STRONG guess is this wont come to fruition cause HELPING others really aint why your here.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

As I said earlier this speculation (con game) is a theater of the ABSURD..  I am amazed at the number of people who really believe that they will become rich in this thing !    Don't you see that the GURUS ( likely supported by dealers ) are stirring the pot over and over to keep up the hype and of course create more dinar sales .. RV  next week over and over but no RV, RI.  The expectation of becoming rich with such a meager investment is mesmerizing.  The trillions of dollars this mythical RV would require dont exist and cant appear out of thin air. 

Oh!  I see, RockFL9, since you didn't give any reason as to why you are here (as I asked), I can only surmise it's because you want to help everybody so that we are not "taken in" by the Gurus and the absurd idea that the Dinar will revalue.  Well Geez, thanks so much for your kindness in wanting to help us all.  So nice of you to do this, while getting nothing in return.  Gosh, you are just one great fellow!  

You have convinced me to sell all my dinar.  Let's see, what else can I invest in now, with my dinar money?  Hmmm.

Got any ideas?

1 minute ago, Floridian said:

Oh!  I see, RockFL9, since you didn't give any reason as to why you are here (as I asked), I can only surmise it's because you want to help everybody so that we are not "taken in" by the Gurus and the absurd idea that the Dinar will revalue.  Well Geez, thanks so much for your kindness in wanting to help us all.  So nice of you to do this, while getting nothing in return.  Gosh, you are just one great fellow!  

You have convinced me to sell all my dinar.  Let's see, what else can I invest in now, with my dinar money?  Hmmm.

Got any ideas?

You are welcome Floridian... With the sell off yesterday there are some goodies that I believe got caught in the downdraft .. I have picked up a few this AM.  But learning from your experience with the dinar I am going to suggest that you only invest in something YOU understand . 

OR as AM suggests consult professional advice.  I would share my picks BUT I am not a professional.

I don't think you will sell any dinar.  You will hold on till the crash .. THEN maybe you will remember  Ole ROCKFL .. Yeah I live in Florida too,

Almost 40 years now.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, rockfl9 said:

You are welcome Floridian... With the sell off yesterday there are some goodies that I believe got caught in the downdraft .. I have picked up a few this AM.  But learning from your experience with the dinar I am going to suggest that you only invest in something YOU understand . 

OR as AM suggests consult professional advice.  I would share my picks BUT I am not a professional.

I don't think you will sell any dinar.  You will hold on till the crash .. THEN maybe you will remember  Ole ROCKFL .. Yeah I live in Florida too,

Almost 40 years now.

Geez, you thought I was serious?  I was trying to be sarcastic.  LOL

Now, I'm going to be serious.   I feel that if all else fails and the Dinar does not revalue overnight (as you believe), then it has got to go up little by little (as Kaperoni believes).   Iraq, with all it's oil and mineral wealth, cannot have a worthless currency forever.  The world will not invest in Iraq without getting a return on their investment.  

One of these days, the Dinar will be worth something.  So you are right!  I'm not going to sell.  

And I'm hoping the Dinar will be worth more, sooner rather than later.  😀

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Geez, you thought I was serious?  I was trying to be sarcastic.  LOL

Now, I'm going to be serious.   I feel that if all else fails and the Dinar does not revalue overnight (as you believe), then it has got to go up little by little (as Kaperoni believes).   Iraq, with all it's oil and mineral wealth, cannot have a worthless currency forever.  The world will not invest in Iraq without getting a return on their investment.  

One of these days, the Dinar will be worth something.  So you are right!  I'm not going to sell.  

And I'm hoping the Dinar will be worth more, sooner rather than later.  😀

I knew that.  The IQD is not worthless in Iraq .,   So far all Iraq has is oil and gas , it doesn't even produce enough food to feed the people without importing 90%.  Inside Iraq the dinar is doing OK. The only problem is that the smalls wear out quickly and are expensive to print.

An RD and coins will solve that problem and they know that.   The concern dinarians should have is if they do RD how will they get ANYTHING for their dinar !!  i.e. Will the dealers still be in business?   

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

I knew that.  The IQD is not worthless in Iraq .,   So far all Iraq has is oil and gas , it doesn't even produce enough food to feed the people without importing 90%.  Inside Iraq the dinar is doing OK. The only problem is that the smalls wear out quickly and are expensive to print.

An RD and coins will solve that problem and they know that.   The concern dinarians should have is if they do RD how will they get ANYTHING for their dinar !!  i.e. Will the dealers still be in business?   

Okay.  Well, we'll just have to wait and see how it all goes down.

Guess we should know pretty soon, by the way things are moving along.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, caz1104 said:

Your somewhat intelligent....I believe. You could try the Sam I Am & JJ route and create your own web site warning folks BEFORE they purchase. That way when folks Google search, they will come across your pretty face and the website would poof appear for all to enter & read......simple really. You could be the "Savoir" you aspire to be. My STRONG guess is this wont come to fruition cause HELPING others really aint why your here.

BUMP

3 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Okay.  Well, we'll just have to wait and see how it all goes down.

Guess we should know pretty soon, by the way things are moving along.

I believe those that have been here awhile....just would like to see a resolution regardless of what it will be. Of course a positive result is the preference. Life will go on regardless...and LOPsters will have to find another venture to spin their special brand of negativity on.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

I believe those that have been here awhile....just would like to see a resolution regardless of what it will be. Of course a positive result is the preference. Life will go on regardless...and LOPsters will have to find another venture to spin their special brand of negativity on.

Yep!   😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, caz1104 said:

I think it will be a while. They just went thru the trouble to print more of the 3 zero notes to buy more time... We have sen this before they let the old notes get too worn expecting to be able to RD but they cant get the support from the GOI.  So they print more of the old with minor changes.    

• Downvote 4

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, caz1104 said:

BUMP

Funny I haven't received a response from the "I'm here to help" Gang.........................could it be that's not what their here for?.........Simple answer: YES

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, caz1104 said:

Hmmmmm,   I sense some doubt !

Floridian,  IF you want to understand  lifting/removing the zeros just look at Turkey or Venezuela .. It is simple take a 25000 note and replace it with ONE new 25 note with the same purchasing power (value).  Been done dozens of times before.  THe thing the CBI is proposing is NOT to do it all at one time  , THis is a new approach.  For merchants it would mean mixing the notes in the cash drawer. For banks an extra sorting operation.  But no one gains or looses.  Chalk it up to experience.

• Downvote 5

Some Dinarians believe that they RESCUED the CBI by LOANING it USD and should be rewarded. Not the case. Actually they siphoned off Dinar from the local market forcing the CBI to have to print more dinar to supply the iraqi economy.  That was an unneeded expense to the CBI . The thing you need to consider is will they ever buy it back at any rate? 

• Downvote 4

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, caz1104 said:

BUMP

Still waiting

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Hmmmmm,   I sense some doubt !

Floridian,  IF you want to understand  lifting/removing the zeros just look at Turkey or Venezuela .. It is simple take a 25000 note and replace it with ONE new 25 note with the same purchasing power (value).  Been done dozens of times before.  THe thing the CBI is proposing is NOT to do it all at one time  , THis is a new approach.  For merchants it would mean mixing the notes in the cash drawer. For banks an extra sorting operation.  But no one gains or looses.  Chalk it up to experience.

LOL"doubt"...Investments/Speculation are not a given. So unless your a novice you would understand this. Your responses as is the case with most LOPsters is that of regret & hostility towards investing & life in general....sad really. Now that's a  fascinating topic for a make believe book you can/cannot write - LOL.

Lopsters the gift that keeps on a giving - 24/7   365

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

I think dinarins expect that the day will come when the CBI simply pulls the trigger and sets a new rate and that will some how induce banks around the world to begin buying unlimited amounts of IQD ... Ridiculous !!!!  Any good book on international finance will tell you that outside of the native country a currency is priced on a supply/demand basis. The demand is based on what the currency will provide in goods and services. Other then oil which is traded in USD Iraq has little else to offer. 

A bank will take in a foreign currency ONLY when it has a customer order to buy it. A bank cannot speculate by purchasing a currency , it is too risky. 

Iraq  will have to LOP someday , but this is not the year... The CBI's  priority right now is to get the reserves up to the level it needs to be. Currently they are about $10B  shy.   That is the result of their efforts to prop up the exchange rate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

There was a documentary on Iraq on the NGEO  Channel last night (very late) ...Mosel and Faluga are ghost towns the few people there are squaters in the few liveable structures .  The reporters were heavily censured on what they could show or say.   In the smaller towns they were still ferreting out  out ISIS posing as civilians .  Bagdad and  arbil had  a lot of unfinished construction.  Projects that have run out of funding.  Obviously NOT a rich country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, cranman said:

Well you have good reasoning.  I guess we will all just wait and see what happens.  Other news and articles say otherwise. 

I dont count any of the rumors and  the translations of some articles are suspect..  Some of the articles are quoted from pumper sites as real news but it is not.

I do believe reports by the CBI that the current exchange rate is correct and they are planning to keep it stable .  That means to me that they do not have intentions to change it.  Although things can happen that are out of their control.

The current M2  of I raq is 88 TRILLION dinar an INCREASE of  4T in the last 5 years , The reserves however have decreased fro 69B to 61B in the same time frame.  WHY , Because the CBI/MOF have been using the reserves to keep the rate stable. as well as printing more unsupported currency.  The  IMF auditors should blow the whistle  on this but they must  be careful to avoid a breach of confidence in the CBI.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

WELL , I think the GOAT has been reading stuff from the tank!    Now it (or she) says that the banks will have a big customer to buy up all the dinar at the big EVENT ! The UST .  She probably  ( Being an Austrian (?)) doesnt know  the UST is not allowed to buy foreign currency as an investment and that the UST doesnt  have any spare dollars to invest anyway .. The UST is heavily in debt ...It would have to borrow more.  The money will have to come from private investors and i dont think there are many of them ..

are 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2