Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where's the money going to come from???/

rockfl9

On 2/17/2018 at 3:11 PM, rockfl9 said:

They are bankers, currency and banking is in their DNA.  An overnight change in the rate by only a few percent is improbable.  Ten years ago maybe , but under current conditions impossible .. I see some here have finally  realized that the rate doesnt have to change. Iraq could trade with dollars FOREVER.

The Swiss Franc (CHF) unpegged itself from the Euro in 2014. At the time one CHF was worth 1.20 Euros. In 2014, it, the CHF, had fallen 12% against the dollar and 10% against the Rupee.  Today the CHF has risen to be worth 1.01 USD - in other words, it was unpegged and allowed the market to manage its worth by floating. No one said overnight except scammers. However, the overnight change on the CHF was double digit. This is within the last 5 years. What must go up, must come down; but, the opposite holds true, as well. Nothing is impossible nor is it improbable, the only impossibility is that which you deny yourself.

Foreign investment is as crucial today as it is the foreign investors which brings stability to the currency. Take the rupee (INR) once falling against the dollar. Able to stabilize in the period between 2000 and 2007 to about 44- 48 rupees.In late 2007, the rupee came in at high of 39 INR per USD. With sustained foreign investnent a rupee is worth almost 67 INR to USD, today in 2018 ( I know because I did the USD to rupee search). From 39 to 67 INR per USD dollar is a return of 171% . Again no one said the Iraqi RV was going to be overnight  - only the scammers. 

If I had bought stock in Apple or IBM in 1980's and acted like some people on here do (uhuhmm Rockfish), I would have dropped the stock like yesterday's news. Had I held onto it for 15 years, there was a 300% return on investment. That initial opening of 47 cents for Apple in December 1980, is now worth 186.87 today (drum roll) a whopping 39,759.57% ROI. 

Be an idiot, be an emotional impatient idiot but like Apple's Stock, currency is a buy and hold or a buy and get out - it all depends. The Iraqi dinar is a buy and hold and has been from the start. Its only a matter of time before it begins to slide upward little by little then like most do exponetially increase in value before finally stabilizing at a fair market value. But then again I am way over your head, especially with the numbers, in this so I will break it down for you.

Step 1. Buy physical IQD.

Step 2. Hold physical IQD.

Step 3. Sell physical IQD when you want.

Step 4. (Only for rockfish) Leave others the hell alone with their investment.

Eazy peazy.

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

I understand my answer friend rocfl9. Very much so. I also understand that the banks, on the day we go into exchange our dinar at whatever the international market rate is at that time, that the banks will verify our dinar and give us the digital currency value on that day. There will be a hold before we can spend or transfer any of the virtual money, so the Federal Reserve can also certify our former dinar. Once the Feds cert the dinar we can then spend the money. If you want to pick up 1 million in USD you have to order it from the Fed Reserve. Then pick up the cash on the designated day at the bank cuz banks do not keep large amounts of currency on hand any more. Unless the digital currency, like your ATM card , would be acceptable to you. The Fed Reserve will either place our former currency in our Fed Reserve or hold and speculate on it to make some profit. The profit they make will be the fee each charges along the exchange process. The bank will charge us a digital fee when they take the IQD from us. The Fed Reserve will charge the banks a fee when they take the currency from them.  It's that simple.  So i completely understand my earlier answer, you IMHO may just have had additional questions.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

The Swiss Franc (CHF) unpegged itself from the Euro in 2014. At the time one CHF was worth 1.20 Euros. In 2014, it, the CHF, had fallen 12% against the dollar and 10% against the Rupee.  Today the CHF has risen to be worth 1.01 USD - in other words, it was unpegged and allowed the market to manage its worth by floating. No one said overnight except scammers. However, the overnight change on the CHF was double digit. This is within the last 5 years. What must go up, must come down; but, the opposite holds true, as well. Nothing is impossible nor is it improbable, the only impossibility is that which you deny yourself.

Foreign investment is as crucial today as it is the foreign investors which brings stability to the currency. Take the rupee (INR) once falling against the dollar. Able to stabilize in the period between 2000 and 2007 to about 44- 48 rupees.In late 2007, the rupee came in at high of 39 INR per USD. With sustained foreign investnent a rupee is worth almost 67 INR to USD, today in 2018 ( I know because I did the USD to rupee search). From 39 to 67 INR per USD dollar is a return of 171% . Again no one said the Iraqi RV was going to be overnight  - only the scammers. 

If I had bought stock in Apple or IBM in 1980's and acted like some people on here do (uhuhmm Rockfish), I would have dropped the stock like yesterday's news. Had I held onto it for 15 years, there was a 300% return on investment. That initial opening of 47 cents for Apple in December 1980, is now worth 186.87 today (drum roll) a whopping 39,759.57% ROI. 

Be an idiot, be an emotional impatient idiot but like Apple's Stock, currency is a buy and hold or a buy and get out - it all depends. The Iraqi dinar is a buy and hold and has been from the start. Its only a matter of time before it begins to slide upward little by little then like most do exponetially increase in value before finally stabilizing at a fair market value. But then again I am way over your head, especially with the numbers, in this so I will break it down for you.

Eazy peazy.

So awesome!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, new york kevin said:

I understand my answer friend rocfl9. Very much so. I also understand that the banks, on the day we go into exchange our dinar at whatever the international market rate is at that time, that the banks will verify our dinar and give us the digital currency value on that day. There will be a hold before we can spend or transfer any of the virtual money, so the Federal Reserve can also certify our former dinar. Once the Feds cert the dinar we can then spend the money. If you want to pick up 1 million in USD you have to order it from the Fed Reserve. Then pick up the cash on the designated day at the bank cuz banks do not keep large amounts of currency on hand any more. Unless the digital currency, like your ATM card , would be acceptable to you. The Fed Reserve will either place our former currency in our Fed Reserve or hold and speculate on it to make some profit. The profit they make will be the fee each charges along the exchange process. The bank will charge us a digital fee when they take the IQD from us. The Fed Reserve will charge the banks a fee when they take the currency from them.  It's that simple.  So i completely understand my earlier answer, you IMHO may just have had additional questions.

Kevin , as I suspected you do not understand the term MARKET. The MARKET for a security ( YOUR dinar is a form of a security) IS an exchange between two PARTIES (PEOPLE).  The bank is only a BROKER  in the deal and the FED or US treasury is not involved. Physical currency like a pink-sheet stock is an over-the-counter transaction. Like a share of stock the value of the dinar can change INSTANTLY , there is NO value of the day as you state it. SO when you take your dinar to the bank (assuming the bank will accept it) and tell the clerk " I want to SELL this currency AT THE MARKET" , YOU are executing a verbal contract with the bank's currency dealer wherever he may be. The clerk will get the "current" value ( by phone or on his terminal)  and you will be asked to approve the transaction . If you say YES ,IT is DONE .YOU no longer own the dinar. YOU are legally bound to turn over the dinar and the dealer to give up the cash.  It is all done in-good-faith. The bank will ship the dinar to the dealer and let you know when the cash is available . Depending where you are with respect to the dealer might take a week. 

SO no DeLaRue  machines, back room screens involved.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

48 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Kevin , as I suspected you do not understand the term MARKET. The MARKET for a security ( YOUR dinar is a form of a security) IS an exchange between two PARTIES (PEOPLE).  The bank is only a BROKER  in the deal and the FED or US treasury is not involved. Physical currency like a pink-sheet stock is an over-the-counter transaction. Like a share of stock the value of the dinar can change INSTANTLY , there is NO value of the day as you state it. SO when you take your dinar to the bank (assuming the bank will accept it) and tell the clerk " I want to SELL this currency AT THE MARKET" , YOU are executing a verbal contract with the bank's currency dealer wherever he may be. The clerk will get the "current" value ( by phone or on his terminal)  and you will be asked to approve the transaction . If you say YES ,IT is DONE .YOU no longer own the dinar. YOU are legally bound to turn over the dinar and the dealer to give up the cash.  It is all done in-good-faith. The bank will ship the dinar to the dealer and let you know when the cash is available . Depending where you are with respect to the dealer might take a week. 

Apparently, neither do you from the abhorrent description of the market you pontificated on. More like dribble you defecated from your mouth.

First you said the value of the dinar could not change over-night but here you say it can. Will you make up your friggin mind, either a value can change in an instant or it cannot. A value change does not have to be limited if a value can change instantly, for it is just as easy to say the value will change instantly by a factor of 100 as it is to say the value will change by a factor of 10,000

WTH are you rambling on about, there is no value of the day? 

Rub a dub dub

three men in a tub,

the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.

In the market what do you call the EOD candlestick? End of day value, duh! 

Again more verbal feces from the male version of a cow.

<change channels>

Bones: Good gawd Jim, I cahnnot peform miracles. 

Captain Kirk: Scotty...how...much...more...will..she...take?

Scotty: I am giving t'all she's got now, cahp'n.

Captain Kirk: Then.. there... is..only..one..thing...left...to do <flailing arms wildly about>. We must...give... up...the ship.

Spock: That does not seem logical, Captain.

Captain Kirk: My...good man... Spock... as long ...as there... are...tribbles... there...will...always be...trouble

Bones: Damn them! Damn them all to hell!. 

Oops the puppy is chewing on the remote again. <chase puppy...grab remote> Bad puppy! <smack!>

<change channel back to the original station but for some reason this keeps playing over and over>

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Apparently, neither do you from the abhorrent description of the market you pontificated on. More like dribble you defecated from your mouth.

First you said the value of the dinar could not change over-night but here you say it can. Will you make up your friggin mind, either a value can change in an instant or it cannot. A value change does not have to be limited if a value can change instantly, for it is just as easy to say the value will change instantly by a factor of 100 as it is to say the value will change by a factor of 10,000

WTH are you rambling on about, there is no value of the day? 

Rub a dub dub

three men in a tub,

the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.

In the market what do you call the EOD candlestick? End of day value, duh! 

Again more verbal feces from the male version of a cow.

<change channels>

Bones: Good gawd Jim, I cahnnot peform miracles. 

Captain Kirk: Scotty...how...much...more...will..she...take?

Scotty: I am giving t'all she's got now, cahp'n.

Captain Kirk: Then.. there... is..only..one..thing...left...to do <flailing arms wildly about>. We must...give... up...the ship.

Spock: That does not seem logical, Captain.

Captain Kirk: My...good man... Spock... as long ...as there... are...tribbles... there...will...always be...trouble

Bones: Damn them! Damn them all to hell!. 

Oops the puppy is chewing on the remote again. <chase puppy...grab remote> Bad puppy! <smack!>

<change channel back to the original station but for some reason this keeps playing over and over>

Sheesh !   Calm down , take a shower.

Of course the dinar could CHANGE.. In fact a few weeks ago it went from 1184 to 1190 ! ! ! But that wasn't a SIGNIFICANT change , nobody got RICH.  I meant a significant change.  Just to go from .00086 to .001 would throw the Iraqi economy into chaos.  In dinar terms oil revenue would FALL 15%. The MOF would have difficulty meeting the current budget. Prices would have to increase to account for the difference. The CBI isn't  stupid , they wouldn't do it.

DO the math.

• Downvote 5

On 5/31/2018 at 5:24 PM, caz1104 said:

The "holier than thou - sainthood" premise is total :bs:. If saving folks was truly your goal you would attempt to do so BEFORE they purchased. Oh but wait that was your savoir/mentor's(sam I wish I was & dr sonny jurgensen) thought.....that failed miserably via a website created. You have NO real reason to be here other than to constantly show folks your a disgruntled foreign currency wanna be.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2018 at 5:21 PM, new york kevin said:

👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Ah ... no. Exchange yes . Dinar is a form of security No. Dinar is a form of currency, yes; that is why it is backed by a country like Iraq. The USD being backed  by the USA. Me thinks you conflate crypto-currency with that of money. Cryptos are more of a stock than a physical currency as they are usually backed/supported by a corporation in verses almost any country. And traded by brokers. The value of the day for the IQD today is  

1 USD to IQD Quick Look

NewThe Quick Look tool provides an overview of the recent changes to the currencies you are viewing.X
  Last 30 days Last 90 days
High 1189.72 1189.72
Low 1184.58 1183.23
Average 1185.74 1185.19
Volatility 0.14%

0.08%

so based on the value of the day as you state it, as represented by xe.com, we will still get about 0.00014 (more or less) should you try and exchange your IQD for USD today. 
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Sheesh !   Calm down , take a shower.

Of course the dinar could CHANGE.. In fact a few weeks ago it went from 1184 to 1190 ! ! ! But that wasn't a SIGNIFICANT change , nobody got RICH.  I meant a significant change.  Just to go from .00086 to .001 would throw the Iraqi economy into chaos.  In dinar terms oil revenue would FALL 15%. The MOF would have difficulty meeting the current budget. Prices would have to increase to account for the difference. The CBI isn't  stupid , they wouldn't do it.

DO the math.

Man you neither pay attention nor do you ever listen except to the rattle in what you believe is your brain inside your head. The only one who stinks in these parts is you. The CBI isn't stupid and Shabibi has already addressed the Iraq economy in chaos through an RV factor. The dung is deep with this one. Apparently, you spout with no water because had you done your due diligence, kept up with the latest news, and researched what has gone in the past with the CBI, you wouldn't be spouting from all of your orifices the feces in which you are mired in. I know amoebas that have bigger brains and more guile than you do, and they are only one cell.  Come here, I will take you out back and give you a good hose down like I do with my dog after he has played in the pig pens.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, Theseus said:

Eazy peazy.

Thx...step 4. (Classic)!!!👍

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Ah ... no. Exchange yes . Dinar is a form of security No. Dinar is a form of currency, yes; that is why it is backed by a country like Iraq. The USD being backed  by the USA. Me thinks you conflate crypto-currency with that of money. Cryptos are more of a stock than a physical currency as they are usually backed/supported by a corporation in verses almost any country. And traded by brokers. The value of the day for the IQD today is  

1 USD to IQD Quick Look

NewThe Quick Look tool provides an overview of the recent changes to the currencies you are viewing.X
  Last 30 days Last 90 days
High 1189.72 1189.72
Low 1184.58 1183.23
Average 1185.74 1185.19
Volatility 0.14%

0.08%

so based on the value of the day as you state it, as represented by xe.com, we will still get about 0.00014 (more or less) should you try and exchange your IQD for USD today. 

Kevin, the CBI is "officially" purchasing dinar at 1190 to the dollar.  SO XE.com is wrong ! Maybe they are using a moving average? Next week could be 1200 or 1210 ? Maybe it has started to FLOAT?

Cryptos are JUNK, NOT SUPPORTED by any thing . 

Boy, this thread has gotten some people EXCITED.  At least they are starting to think .

• Downvote 3

4 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Kevin, the CBI is "officially" purchasing dinar at 1190 to the dollar.  SO XE.com is wrong ! Maybe they are using a moving average? Next week could be 1200 or 1210 ? Maybe it has started to FLOAT?

Cryptos are JUNK, NOT SUPPORTED by any thing . 

Boy, this thread has gotten some people EXCITED.  At least they are starting to think .

Hey dufus maximus laxus a brain, fiat currency is not supported by anything either. The US Dollar is not supported by anything that why it is a fiat currency. Most currency on the FOREX is fiat. Crypto is what the market decides it is willing to buy at and sell at or didn't you get that in your MARKET training that you are trying to school everyone else on. If you decide you don't want then don't get in but if you decide you want you buy. Then you sell when you think is the time is right. Man I would love to see your charts some day. You probably willy nilly click the mouse and out pops a unicorn fart and a rainbow where there is a pot o'gold at the end. Man pretty much everything you've have spouted has been wasted hot air, lack of sustainable brain power and just pure feces dribble from male cows.

You know nothing, John Snow.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Hey dufus maximus laxus a brain, fiat currency is not supported by anything either. The US Dollar is not supported by anything that why it is a fiat currency. Most currency on the FOREX is fiat. Crypto is what the market decides it is willing to buy at and sell at or didn't you get that in your MARKET training that you are trying to school everyone else on. If you decide you don't want then don't get in but if you decide you want you buy. Then you sell when you think is the time is right. Man I would love to see your charts some day. You probably willy nilly click the mouse and out pops a unicorn fart and a rainbow where there is a pot o'gold at the end. Man pretty much everything you've have spouted has been wasted hot air, lack of sustainable brain power and just pure feces dribble from male cows.

Go...GOT (Winter is Coming)!!!

11 minutes ago, Theseus said:

BTW... also in your MARKET training you should have learned what capitalism is and know it, know it well.

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2018 at 5:41 PM, GregHi said:

When I hear someone ask “where will the money come from?”, I always ask, “where did the money go”? Meaning their value was 3 times the USD years ago, so where did the money go? If the money can go so easily, then the money can come easily too.. we shall see..

The is not true.  It is easy to make the exchange rate of a pegged currency like the IQD go down by just printing money.  This is exactly what Saddam did when he could no longer sell oil to get USD..  So while IQD in circulation (something between M1 and M2) divided by total foreign currency reservers was something like 1 / 3 a long time ago, after Saddams massive printing (and likely spending of the foreign reserves) it degenerated to more like the 1000 / 1 that we see today.  The only way to "unprint" all that currency is a redenomination (the dreaded LOP).  

OPEC countries all peg their currencies to prevent fluctuations based on oil prices, since rate stability is their major goal.  If Iraq were to break with that trend and let the iQD float, its hard to tell what would happen, but I doubt any huge increase would result (i.e. where would all the buyers come from?), and I doubt very much that Iraq would give up control of its exchange rate.   We know for sure that as long the IQD is pegged, the rate is limited to what the central bank can actually support, which is the current rate.

A low exchange rate is not an impediment to a good economy as long as that rate is well supported and stable (e.g. South Korean).  So my guess is that Iraq will just keep things as they are for quite a long time to come.

Guys

Ya gotta remember in Rockpaperscissors world....nothing can happen if it's never never occurred before. So another words he still lives in the ice age. Things DO change and thought process's change. Does anyone remember when "bloodletting" was the cure all for almost everything.....evidently Rockpaperscissors still practice's this. Ya really want to throw him for a loop.....show him fire! There are 361,481 examples every minute of each day that contradict Rockpaperscissors argument that" it can't happen, because it's never happened before" but of course he won't accept a simplistic fact such as this.

No one, not even born again currency expert wannabe Rockpaperscissors  knows with 100% certaintity what Iraq plans on doing....so why waste ur time thinking negatively, especially when ur not even vested? Get a life Rockfish.....u might even find....there are many POSSITIVE things out there, if ya just open ur eyes.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, caz1104 said:

Guys

Ya gotta remember in Rockpaperscissors world....nothing can happen if it's never never occurred before. So another words he still lives in the ice age. Things DO change and thought process's change. Does anyone remember when "bloodletting" was the cure all for almost everything.....evidently Rockpaperscissors still practice's this. Ya really want to throw him for a loop.....show him fire! There are 361,481 examples every minute of each day that contradict Rockpaperscissors argument that" it can't happen, because it's never happened before" but of course he won't accept a simplistic fact such as this.

No one, not even born again currency expert wannabe Rockpaperscissors  knows with 100% certaintity what Iraq plans on doing....so why waste ur time thinking negatively, especially when ur not even vested? Get a life Rockfish.....u might even find....there are many POSSITIVE things out there, if ya just open ur eyes.

CAZ, you could not be further from the truth.. I enjoy tackling difficult ( impossible ) problems. Have done so in my career, many times.  I always start with the concept that every project is DOABLE  , but given the constraints of the day is it practical??   Would it produce a desirable result???

Consider the RV of the dinar. I have done the research and run the numbers and my answer is NO !  So far I have been right !  But the dinarian mind  says the game is not over.  YET..  IF your time constraint unlimited  that's true. As a practical investor I always have a loss limit and time is money. 

So I am here for the challenge.  Could I have overlooked something. 

I thought I was wrong once, but I rechecked  and found I made a mistake  !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2