Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where's the money going to come from???/

rockfl9

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, rockfl9 said:

I don't know why no one has the answer to this very important question... There are 40T dinar in cash and 80+T in total M2. If the proverbial 1:1 were to happen the total liability of the CBI becomes the equivalent of 80T USD.  THAT is IMPOSSIBLE.  The CBI  would be bankrupt as the current reserves would be wiped out  in an instant.  The logical conclusion is that the CBI would NEVER do it! 

Hello Rock ! I guess that you got the right to troll down here in the tank , but speaking of logical conclusions.....I don't understand why you feel the need to keep coming back and tell everyone how smart you are and I really mean that in a good way, however doesn't logic tell you that there is no way in hell that you are ever going to change my mind. There is one thing for certain ! Change will occur whether you like it or not, I like it or not, nothing stays the same. According to the WTO it takes about 15 years for a war torn country to recover economically, so for me it's just a matter of time, I have the money ! , I have the patience ! I just don't know if I have the time. LOL !

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tex ,saving one DV member at a time.is Rockfish moto.....he doesn't ask for compensation....just a simple thank you. He's just following in his mentor's (Sam I'm not & JJ) footsteps. Saint Rockfish has a strange ring to it. Rockfish wants his own mountain sculpture...and doesn't think he should have to share space with anyone.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tex,  I dont have to be smart as you say. Just apply simple logic. The money has to come from somewhere., and no one has been able to say where!  I just look at  the facts and do the math. 80T+ in M2 and only $48B in reserves  doesnt justify the CBIs .00086 rate? It is going BROKER each day. I would like to see your WTO quote in print.. But if true the meaning of a recovery would  be that that it was able to cover its budget without outside help i.e. LOANS. Iraq is at least 5 years from being able to do that.  Recovery doesnt necessarily mean a change to the currency.

Just think if they were to try to raise the value with an over night RV there would be 30 million Iraqis in line ahead of you . Their banks open while you are still in bed. 

As for time I know i dont have enough left to see an RV,RI or even an increase to an even tenth of a cent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Rockfish,

Sorry to hear about ur failing health. I thought I read somewhere where Dr. JJ is a big proponent of "bloodletting"......he's such a genius, might be worth a try. Make sure to measure properly, no more than 5-6 pints. When you start to lose consciousness...cap it off.  Might take some time to notice a difference or come out of coma - good luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey Rock, What I believe, for what it's worth,

Say Iraq revalues at 1 to 1. I take my Dinars to the bank and they credit my account. The bank either decides to keep the Dinar and add it to their foreign currency portfolio (because they believe it will go higher) or it's turned over to our central bank, The Treasury/ Uncle Sam, who credits the banks account. Uncle Sam can either hold on to the Dinar so as not to cause Iraq to fail (The US has to much invested to want that) or we can use this newly revalued currency to by their oil. I see other countries doing the same. Iraq gets their currency back- We get their oil. As for the "30 million Iraqis in line ahead of me", Why? They are Iraqi, in Iraq, with their own money which is worth as much as our dollar. Why exchange it? And as for all our "credited" accounts. This country runs on credit and so does the world. When we give/ loan another country money, do you think they receive physical cash? Most people use their credit cards for goods, services, bill paying, etc. At the end of the month, usually with a linked bank account, we make a payment on that card. No physical cash changed hands, only on paper with the strokes on a keyboard. Even the bank account is usually replenished with a paycheck and not cash. Think about your own bank statement. Do you think that the money it says you have in your account is sitting in the bank's safe with your name on it? It's all on paper. Is this a simplistic view? Obviously. If time and space allowed, could I go more in to detail? You bet. But the point I'm trying to make is that in a world run on credit, recorded on paper or with the stroke on a keyboard, Iraq will not have to cover all of the Dinar floating around the world. Right, wrong or somewhere in between, this is my belief system that keeps me on this roller coaster. Not trying to change your thoughts jut expressing mine.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Rugbylaird19 said:

Say Iraq revalues at 1 to 1. I take my Dinars to the bank and they credit my account. The bank either decides to keep the Dinar and add it to their foreign currency portfolio (because they believe it will go higher) or it's turned over to our central bank, The Treasury/ Uncle Sam, who credits the banks account. Uncle Sam can either hold on to the Dinar so as not to cause Iraq to fail (The US has to much invested to want that) or we can use this newly revalued currency to by their oil. I see other countries doing the same. Iraq gets their currency back- We get their oil. As for the "30 million Iraqis in line ahead of me", Why? They are Iraqi, in Iraq, with their own money which is worth as much as our dollar. Why exchange it? And as for all our "credited" accounts. This country runs on credit and so does the world. When we give/ loan another country money, do you think they receive physical cash? Most people use their credit cards for goods, services, bill paying, etc. At the end of the month, usually with a linked bank account, we make a payment on that card. No physical cash changed hands, only on paper with the strokes on a keyboard. Even the bank account is usually replenished with a paycheck and not cash. Think about your own bank statement. Do you think that the money it says you have in your account is sitting in the bank's safe with your name on it? It's all on paper. Is this a simplistic view? Obviously. If time and space allowed, could I go more in to detail? You bet. But the point I'm trying to make is that in a world run on credit, recorded on paper or with the stroke on a keyboard, Iraq will not have to cover all of the Dinar floating around the world. Right, wrong or somewhere in between, this is my belief system that keeps me on this roller coaster. Not trying to change your thoughts jut expressing mine.

Hey Rugby, I am sure you are not alone with that scenario. It may sound logical but it is wrong.  The policy today is that ONLY Iraqi's can get dollars from the CBI AND they need to be   QUALIFIED buyers . All others must use currency changers at the going rate.  How does the CBI announce a rate change ?  It posts a new BUY/SELL on the board. IF as you say it is 1:1 Iraqis would line up to get all the dollars they can ASAP . WHY , Because they will want things that only can be bought with dollars. 

A non Iraqi bank won't take dinar because they cant send the dinar back across the border. So the 1:1 rate is meaningless  to them.  US commercial banks do not hold foreign currency  , if they do it is off the balance sheet which becomes non-working capital . So they dont like to do it . Money Center banks (BofA, JpMorgan) with branches off shore will do so IF the currency is trade-able thru that branch.   There is no risk. It will be sold off in a day.

YOU are correct that the world runs on credit ...It was BAD credit that got the banks in trouble back in '08. Extending GOOD credit is the lifeblood of all banking.

The reason that companies dont invest in Iraq today is the credit risk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 1/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, caz1104 said:

Rockfish,

Sorry to hear about ur failing health. I thought I read somewhere where Dr. JJ is a big proponent of "bloodletting"......he's such a genius, might be worth a try. Make sure to measure properly, no more than 5-6 pints. When you start to lose consciousness...cap it off.  Might take some time to notice a difference or come out of coma - good luck.

No such luck CAZ, I am in pretty good shape.  My comment  was referring to the 15 year target  Tex gave to expect a poor war torn country to RECOVER.  Iraq just got out of the war with ISIS so if we start counting now that puts it out to 2033. 

I see a lot more action on the BUY/sell IQD thread... I fear that some are dumping dinar for cash to buy Crypto.. Jumping from the slo dinar train to the Crypto rocket.. Another case of getting into an activity they know nothing about.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 1/10/2018 at 3:01 PM, Rugbylaird19 said:

Rugby, I missed a few comments to your post.

The US Treasury/ Uncle Sam only  deals in dollars.  Our form of government doesnt compete with private business (deal in oil purchases)..Yes we do have the strategic oil reserve but that is a security not a for profit operation. The dollars wont come from the US government!

The CBI as of last report (could be less now ) only has $48 B  in reserves to use to buy back dinar,  AT 1:1 that is only enough to cover 48B in dinar. WHAT happens to the remaining 79.52 TRILLION still in circulation? That stuff would be REALLY worthless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

No such luck CAZ, I am in pretty good shape.  My comment  was referring to the 15 year target  Tex gave to expect a poor war torn country to RECOVER.  Iraq just got out of the war with ISIS so if we start counting now that puts it out to 2033. 

I see a lot more action on the BUY/sell IQD thread... I fear that some are dumping dinar for cash to buy Crypto.. Jumping from the slo dinar train to the Crypto rocket.. Another case of getting into an activity they know nothing about.  

U shouldn't tease us like that....there were literally thousands here really excited......    "Another case of getting into an activity they nothing about" very offensive considering u have no clue about the good folks here at DV.Strong words from a know liar/ Flake that spends his days here even tho not vested.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 1/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, caz1104 said:

U shouldn't tease us like that....there were literally thousands here really excited......    "Another case of getting into an activity they nothing about" very offensive considering u have no clue about the good folks here at DV.Strong words from a know liar/ Flake that spends his days here even tho not vested.

Yep. Rugby is a newbe but the idea that the FED or UST would be buying up IQD is Guru POO from long ago. I wonder how many still expect that to happen? Do you?  Legally it can't happen . At least not under current rules.

Does anyone really know what a cybercurrency is????  Can You hold one in your hand?! Is it a guaranteed store of value?  If you paid for one where is it? Like the IQD is it just another get rich quick scheme?  Like the dinar a lot of people who got in early and really cashed out made some profit.  If you buy Bitcoin at $15K and it drops to $10K would they have the guts to hang on ?  If not it would trigger a selloff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Caz,  why is it that no one will answer my question?   The reason is that they fell for the lie that the cbi has plans to raise the value of the dinar  SOON ( SECRET HOT TIP ) THEN   the world banking community will simply begin paying out at the new rate.  Another lie. What a world that would be if a central bank could do that and other banks would blindly follow!!

Banks dont just give away money .. Well they could make some very bad loans to people with no means to pay back. Ala 2007/8.

No Caz , there will be no RV/RI or even a one cent appreciaton....In fact the IQD may suffer a DEPRECIATION when the CBI determines it can no  longer prop it up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I should also add that now I believe that some are now selling IQD to buy cryptocurrency, another INVESTMENT they know nothing about.   However in this case i believe they will end up loosing ALL their money by the end of the year .. They will learn not to play with any kind of currency INVESTMENT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, rockfl9 said:

Caz,  why is it that no one will answer my question?   The reason is that they fell for the lie that the cbi has plans to raise the value of the dinar  SOON ( SECRET HOT TIP ) THEN   the world banking community will simply begin paying out at the new rate.  Another lie. What a world that would be if a central bank could do that and other banks would blindly follow!!

Banks dont just give away money .. Well they could make some very bad loans to people with no means to pay back. Ala 2007/8.

No Caz , there will be no RV/RI or even a one cent appreciaton....In fact the IQD may suffer a DEPRECIATION when the CBI determines it can no  longer prop it up.

"there will be no RV/RI or even a one cent appreciation"  - well with that matter of fact opinion, then your job here complete,Take care. Keep in touch with your next "save the world from itself" project 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 2/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, caz1104 said:

"there will be no RV/RI or even a one cent appreciation"  - well with that matter of fact opinion, then your job here complete,Take care. Keep in touch with your next "save the world from itself" project 

Still a lot of souls to save here....Very disappointing when a newbee  logs in to ask WHEN the RV is coming!  UGH.  

The Kuwaiti conference is a DONOR event,  they want others to bring in funds for reconstruction... Because the Iraqi's  cant afford to do it. Why is it in Kuwait ,, Because if in Bagdad  few would attend .  Interested to see what kind of bargains are made.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:58 AM, dinarbeleiver said:

Rock are you the longest surviving lopster ever on dinar vets- what a long stint you have had

When one has little or no life....doesn't surprise me that he would spend 24/7 here attempting to bring others into his, Sam I'm an Idiot, & J.J. Walker's small dark world. Even his lifelong dog companion has had enough and was seen searching the internet for possible new SANE owner/owners. Rockfish hasn't been the same since family left him,  hopping into station wagon...never to return, Rockfish was six at the time. His schtick about the world ending soon was tiresome even then.

• Downvote 2

21 hours ago, caz1104 said:

When one has little or no life....doesn't surprise me that he would spend 24/7 here attempting to bring others into his, Sam I'm an Idiot, & J.J. Walker's small dark world. Even his lifelong dog companion has had enough and was seen searching the internet for possible new SANE owner/owners. Rockfish hasn't been the same since family left him,  hopping into station wagon...never to return, Rockfish was six at the time. His schtick about the world ending soon was tiresome even then.

No Caz , I have a pretty good life. I am a regular on other sites, but when i need a chuckle can always find one here. I see the #800 redemption centers are in the news this week! I love the bank stories they are very creative. 

You are a puzzlement to me...Smarter than the average dinarian . Yet you wont say how you expect to get  a profit in IQD!  WELL maybe you did but over time have learned you won't... 

There will be no mass redemption , you must be satisfied by trading among yourselves or a dealer .  A few more have found that out and selling their STASHES for what they can and happy just to get out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, rockfl9 said:

No Caz , I have a pretty good life. I am a regular on other sites, but when i need a chuckle can always find one here. I see the #800 redemption centers are in the news this week! I love the bank stories they are very creative. 

You are a puzzlement to me...Smarter than the average dinarian . Yet you wont say how you expect to get  a profit in IQD!  WELL maybe you did but over time have learned you won't... 

There will be no mass redemption , you must be satisfied by trading among yourselves or a dealer .  A few more have found that out and selling their STASHES for what they can and happy just to get out. 

What other sites?

On 2/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, caz1104 said:

What other sites?

I didnt mean other IQD    sites , if that was what you thought.   I have other interests. One site has a few people at BofA HQ in Charlotte on it  .  I pass along a few of the rumors just for laughs.    They dont understand how people can  be so easily mislead . The thought of becoming  RICH distorts ones sense of reality.

17 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

I didnt mean other IQD    sites , if that was what you thought.   I have other interests. One site has a few people at BofA HQ in Charlotte on it  .  I pass along a few of the rumors just for laughs.    They dont understand how people can  be so easily mislead . The thought of becoming  RICH distorts ones sense of reality.

"EASILY MISLEAD" Now you're just talking out of ur arse. People are mislead daily for any number of reasons, politically, financially, & spiritually just to name a few. It's in our DNA.

• Downvote 1

On 2/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, caz1104 said:

"EASILY MISLEAD" Now you're just talking out of ur arse. People are mislead daily for any number of reasons, politically, financially, & spiritually just to name a few. It's in our DNA.

They are bankers, currency and banking is in their DNA.  An overnight change in the rate by only a few percent is improbable.  Ten years ago maybe , but under current conditions impossible .. I see some here have finally  realized that the rate doesnt have to change. Iraq could trade with dollars FOREVER.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

They are bankers, currency and banking is in their DNA.  An overnight change in the rate by only a few percent is improbable.  Ten years ago maybe , but under current conditions impossible .. I see some here have finally  realized that the rate doesnt have to change. Iraq could trade with dollars FOREVER.

Soooooo Bankers can't mis-lead?.....As long as they aren't human then I think u got a valid point.

24 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Soooooo Bankers can't mis-lead?.....As long as they aren't human then I think u got a valid point.

I guess they could and themselves could be. My point is that they KNOW currency and banking better than any Guru.   AND the gurus are wrong but many dinarians believe them because it is the only way to feel good . There is  NO PLANNED RV/RI/ and never was. It cant be justified Iraq is broke and the CBI has lost money .  If the CBI could make the dinar worth a dollar it would have long ago. The Kuwait conference was a bust.  Most offerings were essentially loans that they would not be able to payback for a long time and the risk of default was high.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, EverCurious452 said:

The US can print dollars and Iraq can print IQD, but Iraq can NOT print dollars and the US is not going to give Iraq 80T dollars (which is more money then exists on the entire planet of all currencies combined).  So the question that Rock continues to ask and no one can answer is where does IRAQ get the dollars to finance an RV?  The answer in my view is that they can not which is why the RV is and always has been a myth.

OK, lets say the CBI "pushes the button" and sets a new rate at 10 cents!  Remember they are 10 hours ahead of us AND this rate is only good at a bank in Iraq. So while you were sleeping any Iraqi with spare dinar headed to the bank "cashing in" for dollars. SOON the bank is out of dollars unless it tapped the reserves. If it does that the exchange rate further declines. The only recourse would be to stop issuing cash . I think that would cause a panic in Iraq. By the time you wake up the big RV is a flop.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2