Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where's the money going to come from???/

rockfl9

If the CBI were to RV today it would be in-country only (The CBI does not buy or sell IQD outside of Iraq) and the money would come from the CBI reserves.   When the CBI buys dinar and transfers USD to "qualified " accounts the CBI  puts the USD in the customers account in the foreign Bank ( wherever the export agent is based). The adoption of the IBAN , I believe , now allows the transfer thru the customers bank directly bypassing the CBI. This speeds up the transaction allowing the delivery/release of the goods. This is the way it is normally done between countries. Note this is ( and always was) an electronic transfer.  Nothing really new . So the RV doesnt change ANYTHING outside of Iraq , a dollar there  is a dollar everywhere. 

• Downvote 3

The CBI controls the exchange rate when it posts the BUY DINAR price.  If you look at the AUCTION amounts you see that usually 150M USD is offered daily . that's about 180B IQD .   IF they changed the rate to 10 cents the CBI would be out of USD ASAP and you would have to wait till the next day for more USD ! .And they would only have collected 18B IQD .. It would take 100 days to catch up .  The payroll would be 3+ months behind.  I see a problem there! Even a 1 cent Rate is a bad deal for the MOF. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

On 11/28/2016 at 0:09 PM, bigzac said:

When a bank creates a mortgage.  Where does the money come?  When someone withdraws money from a bank that has lent out a portion of their cash as a loan, where does the money come from?  

Have you ever heard of electronic funds. Most all of the money in the United States are electronic funds transfers. All this SSI recipientS and all of VA recipients are PAID  to their checking accounts with direct deposits backed by the treasury. Have ever asked for a large amount of money from a bank. Most Americans get about fourteen thousand dollars cash in one day, why? because the bank only CAN so much money in their vault at anyone time. Also it prevents money laundering. If you have to have more than they have at the bank ,you have to have a very good reason and the the bank many not get it for you for a day or two depending on how much you need.  When you pay your bills on line that is done Electronically. See where I am going with this. 

I had to buy $45,000 worth of furniture one time. I had the money in the bank? Technically I did but it was backed buy electronic funds. The bank gave me the fourteen thousand and the rest was they gave me a cashiers check again backed by the treasury. The store took my funds and All was good to go.

let's suppose you take Eight million Dinars into the bank and you give it to the teller. The teller may teller may tell you it may be several days before you get your funds weather at .00086 or $3.00 per. It my go to the treasury were they check to see if it is counterfeit.if all is good then you will receive your money electronically and if you want 100 grand in cash you may have, but the bank will not  hand you 24 million in cas other than to say that your money is now into your new account.

Now you ask were did you Dinar go to. The part gets a bit sketchy, but it goes into the treasury and the CBii were I am told it may sit there till the CBI is ready to take it. Now they become the debtor to the US. Iraq has oil reserves of about 350 billion barrels of oil. If oil is at least $65.00 per barrel they would have roughly 19 trillion dollars Over time. 

Of course oil may go even higher over time and they will have more than enough to pay money transfers over time. There will also be enough to help their cost of living and the Kurds to the north. They will have a great country in a few years if given the chance, just like Kuwait.

i was told all this by a friend at my bank who studied this in his college class.i hope this helps.

David, AKA:Seabee

• Upvote 7

Seabee, When you say "electronic funds" You are talking about a transmission vehicle. The value actually exist somewhere. Although in the case of a credit card or echeck they may technically be a temporary IOU. 

When you try to "cash-in your dinar today you will not get any dollars from the bank until the CBI guarantees the money. The bank surely will authenticate first but then will wait for the CBI. The bank will not put itself on the hook. YOU own it till the CBI presents the dollars.

CAZ , Please post where I have posted anything inaccurate. (That you can prove) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Seabee, When you say "electronic funds" You are talking about a transmission vehicle. The value actually exist somewhere. Although in the case of a credit card or echeck they may technically be a temporary IOU. 

When you try to "cash-in your dinar today you will not get any dollars from the bank until the CBI guarantees the money. The bank surely will authenticate first but then will wait for the CBI. The bank will not put itself on the hook. YOU own it till the CBI presents the dollars.

CAZ , Please post where I have posted anything inaccurate. (That you can prove) 

That is easy!

When u 1st came to DV you said ...."my only premise to be here is to gather info to write a book, I am not vested"

I have asked multiple times for ANYTHING u have written ......most times u don't respond (crickets) other times u've said still working at it..and yet other times u've said u would provide. As of this date........NADA

• Upvote 2

Caz The book/script  storyboard is still there but it gets sadder  and sadder  as I add to it .   I think of the poor wannabe millionaires that have spent so much time and money waiting, waiting ,waiting. The game should be over by now.  But the illusion continues. When and if this is over it could be a marketable story but if it turns out with people jumping off buildings or throwing themselves in front of trains I wouldn't have the heart to finish it.

P.S> It doesn't take a lot to understand how money market works.   Several good books on the subject ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On 1/18/2017 at 5:25 PM, caz1104 said:

When u 1st came to DV you said ...."my only premise to be here is to gather info to write a book, I am not vested"

I have asked multiple times for ANYTHING u have written ......most times u don't respond (crickets) other times u've said still working at it..and yet other times u've said u would provide. As of this date........NADA

Really....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Botswana:  Rather than an "economist"  would like to have a prediction from a banking or financial type.. Anyway,  regardless of any proposed rate, the question remains where will the money come from. As i said earlier your dinar will need a buyer at that price.  Another PERSON!  Your bank wont take your dinar today because there it no formal market for them. 

• Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Caddyshack : You are new so probably haven't incubated the " GORV " virus ,yet.  When full infected the " where the dollars will come from "  question doesn't matter. It will be a miraculous " blessing "  and the money will just BE THERE.  The banks will just be happy to give it away, It's just FIAT MONEY ... The important thing is everyone will be happy.   

• Downvote 3

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, caddyshack said:

Rockfl9:  Yes I almost caught that virus by being too close to the infected. Apparently there is no antidote to those who are in serious condition. 

And vice versa for those inflicted with the "now I'm smart,when before I was stupid" virus - LOPsters. My question...if u were stupid before how do you mysteriously NOW become smart? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, caz1104 said:

And vice versa for those inflicted with the "now I'm smart,when before I was stupid" virus - LOPsters. My question...if u were stupid before how do you mysteriously NOW become smart? 

I believe that question and scenario has been proven an infinite amount.  Everyone does or should increase knowledge by time and study while leaving emotion out of the equation.  That was not a well thought out dialectic exercise there, Caz.  For it is better to be stupid once and then smart through discovery then be stupid once and remain stupid no matter the avalanche of evidence.

• Downvote 2

So in theory you are still stupid using your argument.........I agree. So did u buy in "by leaving emotion out of the equation" or did u NOT take your own advice? You remain tied(emotionally, physically, or monetarily) to a venture even tho u think it's fruitless.......smart? Sane humans would argue....not. I asked a specific question about a specific topic not a lifetime analysis...I know it was a toughie..and probably needs help answering...u can ask one of your brethren for one of their pat answers...or one their many made up ones (see Rockfish,Truthful one, Mr Rich,  etc). What was ur previous name? (many if not all LOPsters re-appear using a different name & circumstance)

Edited by caz1104

46 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

So in theory you are still stupid using your argument.........I agree. So did u buy in "by leaving emotion out of the equation" or did u NOT take your own advice? You remain tied(emotionally, physically, or monetarily) to a venture even tho u think it's fruitless.......smart? Sane humans would argue....not. I asked a specific question about a specific topic not a lifetime analysis...I know it was a toughie..and probably needs help answering...u can ask one of your brethren for one of their pat answers...or one their many made up ones (see Rockfish,Truthful one, Mr Rich,  etc). What was ur previous name? (many if not all LOPsters re-appear using a different name & circumstance)

You are not being coherent.  How can the argument of learning from mistakes like realizing the Dinar is not what was advertised be considered 'still stupid'.  If one did buy in using emotion then sold being rational would be taking his own advice.  I think you've out-clevered yourself.  There is no emotionally, physically, or monetarily tie to this venture as you can see as the activity on this bored, I mean board is on life support.  Everyone is just about gone. You're just raising that accusation so that you can say it is not smart. Could be a strawman argument?  I never did buy any Dinar but got close as someone was pushing me hard to do so.  And that's where the curiosity lies.  What can I see that you and others don't who would normally be of sound mind? And what if I had bought dinar or others like Rockfish? They and others have done just the most primitive of economic and currency study and realized that the dinar world is a created internet fantasy with no connection to the real world.  I would say that is being smart not stupid.

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, caddyshack said:

You are not being coherent.  How can the argument of learning from mistakes like realizing the Dinar is not what was advertised be considered 'still stupid'.  If one did buy in using emotion then sold being rational would be taking his own advice.  I think you've out-clevered yourself.  There is no emotionally, physically, or monetarily tie to this venture as you can see as the activity on this bored, I mean board is on life support.  Everyone is just about gone. You're just raising that accusation so that you can say it is not smart. Could be a strawman argument?  I never did buy any Dinar but got close as someone was pushing me hard to do so.  And that's where the curiosity lies.  What can I see that you and others don't who would normally be of sound mind? And what if I had bought dinar or others like Rockfish? They and others have done just the most primitive of economic and currency study and realized that the dinar world is a created internet fantasy with no connection to the real world.  I would say that is being smart not stupid.

So u joined Jan out of curiousity? Tho u claim u new it was a wasted venture, And NEVER was vested....I call BS. if TRUE (doubtfull,LOPsters have never been known to be truthful) I am suspicious of you motives like so many of your buddies. Again I ask what was your previous name?

2 hours ago, caz1104 said:

So u joined Jan out of curiousity? Tho u claim u new it was a wasted venture, And NEVER was vested....I call BS. if TRUE (doubtfull,LOPsters have never been known to be truthful) I am suspicious of you motives like so many of your buddies. Again I ask what was your previous name?

Don't know why you're hung up on the issue if someone bought dinar or not.  Why is that relevant?  What only matters is the truth of it now.  What you're saying is that whatever course of action anyone takes in life they cannot change their mind under any circumstances no matter what new information they have acquired.  In other words if you followed Jim Jones to Guyana but then refused to drink the kool aid you would not be allowed to warn people about it because you already bought in and you'd be considered a hypocrite. People would be asking you "Why are you here then"?  You say Lopsters have been known not to be truthful? What evidence? How would you really know if someone bought dinar or not?  There are really no lopsters anyway.  What difference would it make if there was an RD or not?  It's irrelevant to an RV.  You want my previous name? How about a phone number too? SS#?  

Edited by caddyshack
misspell
  • Downvote 1

Caddy, don't waste your time with CAZ.  He always asks "why are you here?" and calls lopsters liars. HMMMMMM Why is HE here????? My only thought is to protect the purity of dinarian thought .. The " thought police" of the RV ..  Any suggestion that the "investment " is a futile effort needs to be dismissed.  Like it's his job!!!! May be it is.  Sort of reverse pumper logic,

Not only would  an RD eliminate any profit, the eventual demonetization could make the existing dinar truly worthless as the dealers may not want to buy any back.   

Edited by rockfl9
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, caddyshack said:

Don't know why you're hung up on the issue if someone bought dinar or not.  Why is that relevant?  What only matters is the truth of it now.  What you're saying is that whatever course of action anyone takes in life they cannot change their mind under any circumstances no matter what new information they have acquired.  In other words if you followed Jim Jones to Guyana but then refused to drink the kool aid you would not be allowed to warn people about it because you already bought in and you'd be considered a hypocrite. People would be asking you "Why are you here then"?  You say Lopsters have been known not to be truthful? What evidence? How would you really know if someone bought dinar or not?  There are really no lopsters anyway.  What difference would it make if there was an RD or not?  It's irrelevant to an RV.  You want my previous name? How about a phone number too? SS#?  

Thanks for proving my point....truth-LOL. Your examples have no bearing in the discussion Dinar. You want evidence of LOPster lies....just go back thru member history's of LOPsters it's a plenty....even ol Rockfish who just chimed in is a provin liar. His original premise for being here was what Rockfish....of course that premise mysteriously disappeared and never to be brought up again except those that caught in said lie. For someone who just popped in (jan) u seem to know a lot about the term LOPster-lol. Come on dude stand up be a man....what was your previous DV name? You keep dodging that question...."Truth" right?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Caddy, don't waste your time with CAZ.  He always asks "why are you here?" and calls lopsters liars. HMMMMMM Why is HE here????? My only thought is to protect the purity of dinarian thought .. The " thought police" of the RV ..  Any suggestion that the "investment " is a futile effort needs to be dismissed.  Like it's his job!!!! May be it is.  Sort of reverse pumper logic,

Not only would  an RD eliminate any profit, the eventual demonetization could make the existing dinar truly worthless as the dealers may not want to buy any back.   

LOL Rocky

Like it's ur job to state anything but the possibility of an RV....and I've stated hundreds of times...LOPsters/Gurus are one in the same...they both have massive egos and believe ONLY they are correct. Ol Rocky here was a writer...but NOW he's foreign currency expert! LOL!! And he's not afraid to boast it

Yep , just the facts CAZ ..   There are several alternatives to an RV... Do you know them? First , The rate may NEVER change.  Second, It might go DOWN. These are the most logical .  An RD is included in these two .  Then it is possible the rate could be increased but more than 10% is VERY unlikely. Then there is the  the  high probability it continues to an EXOTIC CURRENCY exclusive to Iraq never traded outside of the country

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

LOL Rocky

Like it's ur job to state anything but the possibility of an RV....and I've stated hundreds of times...LOPsters/Gurus are one in the same...they both have massive egos and believe ONLY they are correct. Ol Rocky here was a writer...but NOW he's foreign currency expert! LOL!! And he's not afraid to boast it

We understand you are embarrassed about your brash, hype-imposed financial decision to buy dinar on the certain belief you would be rich by receiving a 100,000% return on your investment.  Maybe you believed you were going to be the 'edgy', think outside the box investor. But as you have progressed in this downward spiral of internet hopium I am convinced you are aware of the folly of this.  So saying Lopsters and Gurus are the same is only cover for your personal shame. How can Gurus and Lopsters be the same when gurus know themselves that they are lying,  Lopsters are not lying about the prospects of Iraq, the dinar or currency in general.  This is information anyone can get. This is why no financial adviser, banker, currency trader, stock broker, futures or options trader has ever even remotely recommended the dinar as an investment. The dinar makes junk bonds look like AAA government bonds.  On the contrary if any adviser has said anything about the dinar it is to run in the opposite direction.  And how do Dinarians like you explain this? Well, of course, "It's a secret".  All these experts really do know about the dinar because they belong to the Cabal and are keeping it away from common folks like us except that we have found out about it through our friends on the internet.  Sound about right? Has it ever occurred to you that nobody, I mean nobody, wants to give up their hard earned dollars for worthless dinars except for internet dinarians.  And the only people selling it are charging 20% a side while telling you how rich you're going to be yet they themselves cannot get rid of it fast enough. And why? Because they know the only currency that will make them rich is the US Dollar.

• Downvote 2