Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raise the three zeros from the Iraqi currency

DinarThug

Parliamentary Economy: project to delete the zeros from the currency has become impossible due to corruption

BAGHDAD / Baghdadi Uz..okdt Parliamentary Commission of Economy, on Thursday, said the project to delete the zeros from the currency has become impossible due to corruption, calling not to launch major new categories of currency.

The committee member said Abdul Salam al-Maliki, in an interview with / Baghdadi News / "The project to delete the zeros from the currency Ihtah to proper planning as the current conditions and the control of the powerful and corrupt financial matters prevented from approving this project," noting that "a lot of powerful and corrupt may take advantage of this project acknowledged that, for whitening and laundered the stolen money. "

He added that "the state has resorted to issuing new classes in a large currency, and this has led to damage to the Iraqi economy through the currency value loss, and in case the insistence of the state to issue new classes as planned, the Iraqi economy could collapse," calling to "not to issue no new class before the study results ".anthy 21 / d

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, magawatt said:

So what is it?  Smoke or ashes?

Hard to say.  In my past and current opinion, fairly close to when the real deal hits there will likely be some or a lot of misinformation about matters directly related to the IQD and, possibly, other key Iraq issues in the Iraqi news media to keep meddlers and miscreants at bay.  All this to execute as needed/planned to substantially reduce or eliminate interference and corruption.  Likely, there is a viable back up plan other than issuing more 50 K and also the earlier proposed 100 K IQD notes.

What bums me out somewhat is I was hoping to get some 100 K IQD notes (pretty cool, huh?) prior to the IQD RV.

Well, OK, I'll just take the whole IQD revaluation shootin' match now instead!!!

:o          :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

I get the feeling that although this a different Maliki . It may be part of a plan of Maliki to stop or stall the reforms like in the past . The laundering threat and corruption is real being it has been reduced but not completely stopped and part of Maliki's plan . Maliki's hope seems to be to stall until the next election ..... ??? Activate the " Where did you get this ", start the monetary reforms  and catch Maliki's people like Salmon swimming upstream.

Edited by blueskyline
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

Parliamentary Economy: project to delete the zeros from the currency has become impossible due to corruption

BAGHDAD / Baghdadi Uz..okdt Parliamentary Commission of Economy, on Thursday, said the project to delete the zeros from the currency has become impossible due to corruption, calling not to launch major new categories of currency.

The committee member said Abdul Salam al-Maliki, in an interview with / Baghdadi News / "The project to delete the zeros from the currency Ihtah to proper planning as the current conditions and the control of the powerful and corrupt financial matters prevented from approving this project," noting that "a lot of powerful and corrupt may take advantage of this project acknowledged that, for whitening and laundered the stolen money. "

He added that "the state has resorted to issuing new classes in a large currency, and this has led to damage to the Iraqi economy through the currency value loss, and in case the insistence of the state to issue new classes as planned, the Iraqi economy could collapse," calling to "not to issue no new class before the study results ".anthy 21 / d

Oh my God. What is going on with these people? For years they have been stating 2017 and NOW its impossible, geeeez. Feeling frustrated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If they take it off the exchange rate it's better for us. If they take it from the notes it's no good for us. Think of it this way if you have a 25,000 dinar note and they take the 3 0's off you now have a 25 dinar note. That doesn't look like it's going to do much for you or me. But if you take it from the exchange rate which is .00085 and drop those 3 0's  now we are talking  because that would give every note you have value meaning that 25,000 note you have would have a value of 21,250 dollars.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, vato96 said:

If they take it off the exchange rate it's better for us. If they take it from the notes it's no good for us. Think of it this way if you have a 25,000 dinar note and they take the 3 0's off you now have a 25 dinar note. That doesn't look like it's going to do much for you or me. But if you take it from the exchange rate which is .00085 and drop those 3 0's  now we are talking  because that would give every note you have value meaning that 25,000 note you have would have a value of 21,250 dollars.

Yes, we know this already.....and there in lies the question. Its still not clear weather its off the exchange rate or note. Everybody seems to believe exchange rate of course otherwise it would be a LOP. Back to article,  says now not possible.  WTF   Hopefully its smoke but I doubt it. They love to talk, talk, talk, then kick the can down the road.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

I get the feeling that although this a different Maliki . It may be part of a plan of Maliki to stop or stall the reforms like in the past . The laundering threat and corruption is real being it has been reduced but not completely stopped and part of Maliki's plan . Maliki's hope seems to be to stall until the next election ..... ??? Activate the " Where did you get this ", start the monetary reforms  and catch Maliki's people like Salmon swimming upstream.

I agree with you, BlueSkyLine!  Nuri al-Maliki has not been in the news much lately except for protesting the exclusion of the "sit in protestors" in the upcoming Popular Crowd legislation.  Maliki (and cohorts) may still hold significant influence on the various news media outlets to eliminate or skew various news reports. As such, I reference past and upcoming articles to frame my perspective on what is going on.  Possibly, if Maliki is Obama's pawn, Trump and Abadi could get Maliki indicted possibly similar to after the Clinton presidency Slobodan Milosevik was indicted and put on trial for the Yugoslavian war crimes.  I can't believe Maliki is still walking and breathing because of all he has done but maybe we will see the likely outcome of Maliki real soon. With the major obstructionist out of the way (Nuri al-Maliki), the IQD RV may happen with little or no corruption.

Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 3

Yota Thanks,  GM DV,  The GOI, Parliament and CBI will move forward with the monetary reform IMHO.  Nothing or Noone will stop this moving train from reaching the final destination. This is a super "Day"  my "B-Day" 11/19 full of joy & happiness & faith.   DV Powerballers good luck to us 2nite...😊😊👍👍

Keeping the faith!!

GO RV!!

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Yota Thanks,  GM DV,  The GOI, Parliament and CBI will move forward with the monetary reform IMHO.  Nothing or Noone will stop this moving train from reaching the final destination. This is a super "Day"  my "B-Day" 11/19 full of joy & happiness & faith.   DV Powerballers good luck to us 2nite...😊😊👍👍

Keeping the faith!!

GO RV!!

Happy Birthday TigerGorZow!  Hope you have many more!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I don't think it is a good idea to become overly excited or overly bummed with just one article. IF there is any substance to this article, we will see some information to back it up. As others have mentioned, I suspect misinformation from Maliki's corner. Now if this comes from Saleh, then I will take it seriously. All imho.🙄

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I don't think it is a good idea to become overly excited or overly bummed with just one article. IF there is any substance to this article, we will see some information to back it up. As others have mentioned, I suspect misinformation from Maliki's corner. Now if this comes from Saleh, then I will take it seriously. All imho.🙄

Yeah, your right. Its jut one article. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen. I have to stay positive.....this hangover isn't helping any.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

" A lot of powerful and corrupt may take advantage of this project acknowledged that, for whitening and laundered the stolen money "

Why?

Because the CBI is planning to delete the 000's from the exchange rate. 0.0008547 = 0.85 = $1.18

Because this strategic project will serve the country's economy

Because it will make the Iraqi dinar competitor of foreign currency 

Because it will be the inclusion of the Iraqi dinar in the global basket of currencies 

We patiently wait.!

Go new monetary policy 
Go RV

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

" A lot of powerful and corrupt may take advantage of this project acknowledged that, for whitening and laundered the stolen money "

Why?

I think you have over looked the fact in the past two years a lot of dinar was stolen, Daesh does come to mind. However there have been countless robberies of banks by unknown individuals. In addition to corrupt officials who have stolen their share of dinars over the past few years like Maliki.

Folks I find this a very telling article, thanks Yota...They are 100% correct this isn't the right time, not this week or next week not even next month. The correct time will be in January of 2017.....All the articles an news is pointing to first of year, not before. 

1) The MCP will end 12/31/2016

2) The budget will be implemented 1/1/2017 

3) The LD's will be introduced 1/1/2017 or there about

4) The Dinar will have a new exchange rate of $1.13 to 1 Dinar

This is not my opinion but came straight from the articles I've read on this site. 

Dont worry folks, in a little over a month this long an exhausting ride will be over.......

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, DoD said:

Folks I find this a very telling article, thanks Yota...They are 100% correct this isn't the right time, not this week or next week not even next month. The correct time will be in January of 2017.....All the articles an news is pointing to first of year, not before. 

This is not my opinion but came straight from the articles I've read on this site. 

Dont worry folks, in a little over a month this long an exhausting ride will be over.......

From your lips to Abadi and CBI ears.

Thxs DOD

pp

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, DoD said:

DOD

Where is the LINK bud   Cause now u r showing us a date & rate I have not read the rate yet just all the hear say of the 1st of the year ?

:confused2:

Edited by Flash101

11 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Oh my God. What is going on with these people? For years they have been stating 2017 and NOW its impossible, geeeez. Feeling frustrated.

I know you might already have had a hangover, but I'll keep it going for you and everyone here in DV - more whiskey indeed! :cheesehead:  Hang in there!

4 hours ago, DoD said:

KEEPING THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAITH! :praying:

4 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

From your lips to Abadi and CBI ears.

Thxs DOD

pp

Say it loud and proud PP! KEEPING THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAITH!! :praying:

• Upvote 2