Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Trump, holy moly.... (Adam Montana Weekly 9 Nov 2016)

Adam Montana

52 minutes ago, fredst said:

Adam, $30,000 on health insurance!

This may sound strange but, I pray you didn't have to actually use the insurance.

To you & your family be well & safe.

$1200 per month plus a $6000 per family member deductible.

Simple math will clue you into the fact that a couple of us hit our deductible, and here's where it gets even
sillier... we are STILL paying out of pocket for some prescriptions! I could go on and on, but I'll keep this short.

You know what Obamacare was supposed to eliminate? People being denied for pre-existing conditions.

That was all a great soundbite until it was actually implemented and sure now everyone is "eligible" for insurance
and "can't be denied" but the idiots that designed the plan completely disregarded the fact that they were eliminating
the free market and allowing insurance companies to make the rules in their individual monopolies! The whole thing
has been absolutely absurd. #smh

My fingers are crossed for real change. Trump has a lot of work to do. I will be praying for him, and us.

• Upvote 12

My gosh!

Yes, the math does indicate deductibles wewe met. I go back to my original thought; I pray nothing serious and that all is well now.

I guess a small consolation is that, unlike many, you have the resources to withstand the stupidity of the Affordable (???) Health Care (??) Act.

Not to be 'schmaltzy' but my respect and admiration for you has grown. To take that kind of financial hit and still remain professional, rational, honest and even tempered during all that and the madness that is IQD.....that is a man who's earned respect & admiration.

It would be a pleasure to share both a prayer and a beer with you post RV.

Be well.

• Upvote 3

It is so very refreshing to be able to read opinions and state opinions here, without being judged.  Just to be able to act like adults and to know that our votes were counted and the people have spoken.  I had a forty year friendship end tragically yesterday on Facebook.  I trusted our friendship enough to actually respond to her statement (privately sent) "I can't believe this is *%#€@&$ happening".  I told her I voted for Trump and hoped that this did not offend her.  Well apparently it did offend her greatly, so much so that she never responded personally to me, but choose to respond publicly on social media.  She was extremely vicious in her judgement of the type of "person" who would vote for Trump.  Racist, uneducated, and uninformed were her exact words.  It did my heart and soul great justification to know that I am not the only one who decided it was time for a change.  

Thank you DV friends for making my heart feel a little less heavy today. 

In my family we named the RV "Schmoolie" 

So Go Schmoolie

• Upvote 13

Mary, these "so called' educated fools that side with the DemoRats, have no logic or common sense. It is not allowed on that side of the isle, only how you "feel" counts. There were many educated. uneducated, but well informed people of all races and walks of life that were tired of the their country being turned into something they did not recognize, with our leaders trying to model it after the failed EU model. All done for the great amassing of power, wealth and control and all at the expense of the people of this country who really make it work. I would prefer to hang around this group of people, ( you know, the "deplorables") than the likes of the Hollywood elites, Establishment elites, Media Elites and the Academia Elites (who are responsible for the dumbing done of our country and the deliberate re-writing of our history) who are losing their minds over the election outcome. So hang in there and take comfort that the odds are in favor of Trump doing a much better job than Obummer has done. Remember, they howl about Trump having no political experience, but we saw the outcome when you put a "Community Organizer" in office with virtually no political experience (other than voting present, took a lot of spine to do that) and ZERO business or real world experience. All he had going for him was a staunch Alinsky ideology that he adhered to like it was the gospel, and look at the condition the country is in today. And then your friend (so called) vilifies you on public media for not wanting the most morally bankrupt, unethical, and corrupt person, who cares more about money and power than her own country, to become President. If had a friend like that I would say "good riddance".

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

It is so very refreshing to be able to read opinions and state opinions here, without being judged.  Just to be able to act like adults and to know that our votes were counted and the people have spoken.  I had a forty year friendship end tragically yesterday on Facebook.  I trusted our friendship enough to actually respond to her statement (privately sent) "I can't believe this is *%#€@&$ happening".  I told her I voted for Trump and hoped that this did not offend her.  Well apparently it did offend her greatly, so much so that she never responded personally to me, but choose to respond publicly on social media.  She was extremely vicious in her judgement of the type of "person" who would vote for Trump.  Racist, uneducated, and uninformed were her exact words.  It did my heart and soul great justification to know that I am not the only one who decided it was time for a change.  

So Go Schmoolie

Thank You, ScaryMary, for sharing.  I am disappointed to see you have lost both a long time friend and was subsequently ruthlessly excoriated on social media.  That had to hurt deeply.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when the "self ascribed authority" and all controlling/destructive figure is rightfully averted from a place of "public service".  The "educated" (indoctrinated via the education system) have no comprehension of how to think or provide for themselves and now express themselves vehemently and violently because they believe their "provider" (intellectual/philosophical "drug" dealer, really) will not be able to think or provide for them.  Why is it they can not express themselves now without using profanity? That is what "education" teaches a person to do - use profanity if what happens is not what you want?

I just want government to stay out of my business and way.  I do not need the "educated" to think and provide for me.  I can do that very, very well on my own.  Thank You Very Much.  However, I am very educated but not in the indoctrinated Kool Aid "educated" sense.

Hope your heart is a little less heavy and much less so as time goes on.

• Upvote 5

Thank you.... . md11fr8dawg and Synopsis for your responses.  They truly lifted my heart up.  My dad and my mom told me to try not to share who you voted for in a presidential election for this very reason.  (And the profanity was truly prolific.  I also choose to deactivate my account. I now have more time to sew.)

Gods blessings to you both and to the rest of this beautiful wonderfully glorious DV family.    :wub::wub:

GO SCHMOOLIE 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

Thank you.... . md11fr8dawg and Synopsis for your responses.  They truly lifted my heart up.  My dad and my mom told me to try not to share who you voted for in a presidential election for this very reason.  (And the profanity was truly prolific.  I also choose to deactivate my account. I now have more time to sew.)

Gods blessings to you both and to the rest of this beautiful wonderfully glorious DV family.    :wub::wub:

GO SCHMOOLIE 

Thank You, ScaryMary, for sharing.  I ran out of emeralds (pluses) for today so I'll have to stop by later to give you some.

• Upvote 3

2 things, first, unless it has changed, Trump did not receive the popular vote, meaning more people voted for the other candidate. Our democratic system, set up 200 years ago set up the electoral vote. That being said, he should keep that in the back of his mind, that half or more of the voting public did not vote for him, and might want to temper the rhetoric and irresponsible behaviors. Time will tell. The second thing, re: Affordable Health care, I have had it since the get go. Never used it, but did see premiums jump each year. Until August of this year when diagnosed with uterine cancer. At that point I was grateful for having it, with the multitudes of testing, regular doctors, oncology doctors, tests, test and more tests, culminating in da Vinci robotic surgery on October 28 for the hysterectomy, and the perfect pathology report, of No More Treatment. I know I have co-pays and high deductible, but if I didn't have the Obamacare, I would be in a world of hurt financially that would take years to dig out from under. My 2017 premium has jumped 4x but I have to keep it. Going back would mean I would have a pre-existing condition, although cancer free now, but would still disqualify me from coverage. Just my 2 cents.

I hope and pray that the country can come together without the hate and decisiveness we are seeing..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, michmary said:

2 things, first, unless it has changed, Trump did not receive the popular vote, meaning more people voted for the other candidate. Our democratic system, set up 200 years ago set up the electoral vote. That being said, he should keep that in the back of his mind, that half or more of the voting public did not vote for him, and might want to temper the rhetoric and irresponsible behaviors. Time will tell. The second thing, re: Affordable Health care, I have had it since the get go. Never used it, but did see premiums jump each year. Until August of this year when diagnosed with uterine cancer. At that point I was grateful for having it, with the multitudes of testing, regular doctors, oncology doctors, tests, test and more tests, culminating in da Vinci robotic surgery on October 28 for the hysterectomy, and the perfect pathology report, of No More Treatment. I know I have co-pays and high deductible, but if I didn't have the Obamacare, I would be in a world of hurt financially that would take years to dig out from under. My 2017 premium has jumped 4x but I have to keep it. Going back would mean I would have a pre-existing condition, although cancer free now, but would still disqualify me from coverage. Just my 2 cents.

I hope and pray that the country can come together without the hate and decisiveness we are seeing..

Congratulations on your pathology report! I hear the da Vinci is an wonderful improvement and evolution in the field of surgery.

Perhaps more good news coming - once the "Affordable Health Care Act is replaced your costs should drop dramatically. AND pre-existing condition acceptance is perhaps the one good thing that has come out of Obamacare, and something the Republicans have long agreed would be included moving forward. As Dr. Ben Carson pointed out, the best care is patient/provider (without insurance brokers) with perhaps health savings plans. Get rid of the government and "insurance plans" and move to actual direct pay for services.

Your point is well taken, that more individual votes were cast for Clinton than Trump, and that again demonstrates why the Electoral college is so critical to a fair election. Without it large population areas would dominate/exploit the entire country. It has been a strategy for years to bring in new voters/increase numbers in particular parties and areas in order to further an agenda.

Sorry, but I don't understand what exactly you meant by Trump may want to "temper the rhetoric and irresponsible behaviors" as you didn't offer any examples, and apparently the American electorate preferred Trump over Clinton as to taking responsibility or being responsible?

This recent election also demonstrates that Americans are in greater numbers than ever before have begun to vote on actual issues rather than simply on hollow promises that have been made to groups or communities just in order to receive their vote and support election after election.

IF this election delivers on the promises made it will indeed be a refreshing change and truly a revolution and potentially a turning point in American politics! :twothumbs:     

• Upvote 7

Sorry for not giving examples, both were guilty of accusations and what probably could be chalked up to campaign chatter. Mr. Trump's statements about women, minorities, etc. were what I was referring to, but I acknowledge her checkered past as well. Time to move on, and be Americans, no matter who we supported and be as ONE, not so divided as we seem to be this post-election.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

So Go Schmoolie

wow you americans really take politics serious,

i am Canadian, i am not educated or as america says uneducated white no college no hope no future no nothing kind of guy.

I dont trust any govt organization at all.

I do hope trump does step up the pressure in the world where we all dumb as stumps kind of people, maybe just maybe, arent that dumb.

we work hard, we play hard, broke yes, but the odd time have some fun.

and if it matters 

I am glad you voted trump

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

- is it really possible that
we could have a President that does what they say they will do?

Obama did exactly what he said he would do. Fundamentally change America. Let us hope and pray for Donald Trump that he can change it back.:tiphat:

Change it back yes, but give us the improved version fosho. Ite? It's a nice thought, what if we have a POTUS that will do what he said he will do?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Good Morning Yota,  

Please can you let us know when the results are in?

Thanks again for all the sleuthing you do to keep us informed.  Much respect and kindness.

ScaryMary

• Upvote 4