Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Newt loses it on FOXNEWS

Just a question here??????  Whose "morals",  whose " standards"  are we trying to meet or compete with?  Is it the man or woman that lives with wholesome thoughts and leads a life based on mans laws and order?  Do we base our goodness compared to others goodness as man sees fit and what seems fit in society??????  "None are good".  God's standard, which none of can or will ever meet is where we should focus, even then we will fail.  We are truly a depraved mankind without any hope with out our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Why look for man's goodness???????  there is none !  We only bring " good fruit"  in the eyes of our Lord after we have humbly repented and become a child of God. Man has nothing to offer that is good.

barb

• Upvote 4

Jeremiah 17:7-10New International Version (NIV)

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

10 “I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
    according to what their deeds deserve.”

Isaiah 30:19-22New International Version (NIV)

19 People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way;walk in it.” 22 Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Jeremiah 31:33-34New International Version (NIV)

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”

Jeremiah 32:38-41New International Version (NIV)

38 They will be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. 40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. 41 I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.

Hebrews 8:7-13New International Version (NIV)

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said[a]:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
    and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
    and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
    after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
    and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”[b]

13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete;and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 8:8 Some manuscripts may be translated fault and said to the people.
  2. Hebrews 8:12 Jer. 31:31-34

Hebrews 10:11-18New International Version (NIV)

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”[a]

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
    I will remember no more.”[b]

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 10:16 Jer. 31:33
  2. Hebrews 10:17 Jer. 31:34
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I once told you that I wanted to be an author but lacked the time to learn the skills necessary to communicate effectively. :lol: You, Sir, are teaching me in ways you could never imagine. For example,

240 yrs ago I would totally have agreed to the above statement in referenced to society as a whole.  Today, not so much. And so the dilemma is, what makes things different today? And that is where our , yours and mine, confusion comes from. To be perfectly clear I agree with what you are saying about non-religious moral people. With one exception, Sin. When the majority of a society are a religious people seeking the Kingdom of Heaven and searching out the will of the Father then you are 100% correct that a non-religious person can and most likely will in and of themselves be a moral people. Simply because morality is an action. And the example given by the religious people  is the example that is witnessed by everyone. But when the religious people cease to follow the will of the Father then SLOWLY  sin creeps in and decays the moral foundation. It has taken us some 240 yrs to come to where we are today, and I doubt that you can't see the difference in the level of crime and evil today as opposed to in 1776. 

Are there people as you describe today? ABSOLUTELY, You and WHN would be my first to mention as such. But Jax you do know that you guys are the exception to the rule, and not the norm. My psychological breakdown of societal evolution and its decay is founded not only in my understanding of the Word of God, but also my knowledge of social history. Which I might add is the only other thing that I took the time to study as much as the Bible. I so very much needed to understand why certain people did what they did. History is completely full of societies that have all fallen by the wayside for their lack of faith and morality. I always say that no nation in the history of the world that has completely turned their back on God has ever survived as a superior nation.  

Another great response... thanks LGD!

Your perspective is shared by most people in a civil society... and in our own unique Constitutional Republic civil society.  However, that viewpoint has become perversely skewed over those 240 years.  Once again, simply put... your premise begins with addressing society as a whole, rather than society as individuals.  In that, your remedies punish certain individuals (actually ALL), as you have pointed out that people are "exceptions" to an observed whole (collective).  That is discrimination... and unconstitutional.  Further, as I may feel I represent that "exception" because NOW I am a minority... in actuality, I am the norm by Constitutional definition.  So are you... so are the remaining citizenry of our Republic.  The fact that society has been conditioned to "believe" otherwise, is the true immoral "crime"...

The Constitution defaults to the Individual, first... then to the natural byproduct of the collective civil society.  Period.  My rights come BEFORE that of any group.

Further, even though you apply morality to "action"... it still defaults to the mind first.  Thoughts create action.  If we simply react and attempt to remedy all immoral actions first, before/without addressing the mindful cause... we are no better than mindless reactionaries.

Altruism always sound great on paper... but actually serves the whole, while sacrificing a few.  So, the best of intentions can also always be harmful.  The Constitution protects EACH of us from that...  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"...  

As an Individual... I get to choose the best road, for me.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Your perspective is shared by most people in a civil society... and in our own unique Constitutional Republic civil society.  However, that viewpoint has become perversely skewed over those 240 years.  Once again, simply put... your premise begins with addressing society as a whole, rather than society as individuals.  In that, your remedies punish certain individuals (actually ALL), as you have pointed out that people are "exceptions" to an observed whole (collective).  That is discrimination... and unconstitutional.  Further, as I may feel I represent that "exception" because NOW I am a minority... in actuality, I am the norm by Constitutional definition.  So are you... so are the remaining citizenry of our Republic.  The fact that society has been conditioned to "believe" otherwise, is the true immoral "crime"...

The Constitution defaults to the Individual, first... then to the natural byproduct of the collective civil society.  Period.  My rights come BEFORE that of any group.

Further, even though you apply morality to "action"... it still defaults to the mind first.  Thoughts create action.  If we simply react and attempt to remedy all immoral actions first, before/without addressing the mindful cause... we are no better than mindless reactionaries.

Altruism always sound great on paper... but actually serves the whole, while sacrificing a few.  So, the best of intentions can also always be harmful.  The Constitution protects EACH of us from that...  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"...  

Ironically enough......it's the men and women in uniform who rely on the collective for strength, and thus through their sacrifice of self, provide the protected opportunity for you to pursue the very individualism you require and demand.  Food for thought.  :salute:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Oh look at us, we really came down on ol' shabs...he's not like us, he's a troll....he never steps up his game.....he believes the unwanted grabbing of a woman's p***y is immoral.  He has no idea what freedom is or how to obtain it.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV  

Oh look at Shabs... he can dish it out but he can't take it... he can't distinguish the difference between 'words' and 'ACTIONS'... he believes it's acceptable to allow an immoral criminal and her rapist husband to lead our country (because - "temperament"!)... he has no idea how to win a losing debate so he mocks words not intended to describe him.  Poor ol' Shabs... so complacent in his cognitive dissonance, so conditioned to accept far less from those who should be held to a higher standard, so blinded by his partisan perspective up there on that fence he pretends to straddle, to see that our freedom is dependent on limited, transparent government and individual rights.  No, he chooses with emotion, to cast aside the Law and Order candidate who isn't responsible for ANYTHING wrong with our current corrupt government... because he doesn't LIKE him.  He's probably sworn allegiance to the Cult of Personality and will gladly get in line to receive his cup of koolaid when it's clear the jig is up for his comrades on the left.  

We are going to drain the swamp and take our country back from these thieves and liars who turn everything they touch into shlt.  Trump is NOT A BAD MAN.  He is exactly what we need, exactly when we need it.  You don't have to like him but you should respect him for his unique, game-changing ability to outplay the media, start conversations the pols don't want us to talk about, kick some corrupt left and right ass, and work tirelessly to convince tens of millions of disparate, fed up Americans that REAL 'hope and change' is right around the corner.

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Ironically enough......it's the men and women in uniform who rely on the collective for strength, and thus through their sacrifice of self, provide the protected opportunity for you to pursue the very individualism you require and demand.  Food for thought.  :salute:

GO RV, then BV

You mean, WE ALL require and demand.  It's only ironic when applied to a false premise, as you just did.  Your example has nothing to do with my premise of Individual Constitutional rights.  If you really want to be accurate in your example, you would understand that Individual service members already sacrifice their individuality simply by enlisting... exercising their freedom of choice.  So, of course we all rely on the collective for strength, in many facets of society, especially the military.  Please stop intentionally muddying the conversation.  Please provide an accurate premise (as I just had to do for you) if you're going to change the direction of the conversation while replying to my posts... as I've requested before.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

You mean, WE ALL require and demand.  It's only ironic when applied to a false premise, as you just did.  Your example has nothing to do with my premise of Individual Constitutional rights.  If you really want to be accurate in your example, you would understand that Individual service members already sacrifice their individuality simply by enlisting... exercising their freedom of choice.  So, of course we all rely on the collective for strength, in many facets of society, especially the military.  Please stop intentionally muddying the conversation.  Please provide an accurate premise (as I just had to do for you) if you're going to change the direction of the conversation while replying to my posts... as I've requested before.

Except it's not a false premise.  The very oath of military service, first and foremost is the protection of Constitution.....Constitution is the optimum buzz word here.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Except it's not a false premise.  The very oath of military service, first and foremost is the protection of Constitution.....Constitution is the optimum buzz word here.

GO RV, then BV

This is why I request you stop responding to my posts (and those addressed to others).  Yes, it is false... and you don't have the courtesy to address my context:  Individual Rights vs Individual Freedom of Choice... both Constitutional.  I already clarified the difference, provided YOUR accurate premise (you're welcome) which you choose to ignore.  So, just put me on ignore... this way you can come up with your own thoughts and premises, rather than spin others'.  Maybe if you took the time and energy to do that, you'll find out what it's like to have to defend YOUR OWN premises.  But you have indicated that's too much brain work.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Whatshername said:

This is too funny!!!

I feel this way when I see the media lying to the American people, and the ignorant just continue to absorb the lies. 

As Jax's stated .....its to much brain work for them to really research what is truly happening to America.  They would rather believe what the government is implementing, and that is pure destruction. 

• Upvote 2

The simplistic breakdown of the hypocritical mind, comical yet tragic.  I've heard responses such as "words" not "ACTIONS".....they're just words Trump is speaking in relation to his groping of women, they mean nothing, certainly not indictable.  Yet, the orange blowhard has obtained millions of dollars worth of free advertising through face time with the media.....at which point he opens his mouth and out comes "WORDS"....that's right, words people.  And the Trumpkins fawn and swoon over his words, the sweet sweet nectar of his oh so white words....Trumpkins hang on those words, every last one of them, like they're are being spoken by some sort of prophet, when PROFIT is a more suitable moniker.  Pick and choose the words you approve of folks, or perhaps cherry pickers is more accurate.  November 9th can't get here fast enough.  <_<

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Yep, won't make that mistake again......But by all means, go ahead and vote for Trump, also known as Bill 2.0.  :D

GO RV, then BV

:facepalm2:

Please engage brain before engaging the keyboard.   HIL(dabeast) is actually the Bill 2.0 in this race and you are either going to repeat / compound your mistake voting for her (Bill and Beast are a two fer according to them).  Actually, go ahead and vote Hildabeast,  Trump has Ohio wrapped up so it will not matter and then when he becomes President you can blame Trump for ruining your perfect Presidential pick streak.  At least then you would have a semi-legitimate reason to hate him.

• Upvote 3

I'm a republican and I'm voting Gary Johnson and Bill Weld. They are only two that seem to get it. Trump and Clinton belong to the select group of elite's who wouldn't let anyone of you into their club. It is so sad that anyone who thinks either Clinton or Trump cares one second for you peons... That's so laughable it makes me want to cry.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

I'm a republican and I'm voting Gary Johnson and Bill Weld. They are only two that seem to get it. Trump and Clinton belong to the select group of elite's who wouldn't let anyone of you into their club. It is so sad that anyone who thinks either Clinton or Trump cares one second for you peons... That's so laughable it makes me want to cry.

B/A

What is laughable is you claiming to be a Republican.  Methinks your long line of previous posts reveals otherwise.  That or someone else was logging in and posting under your name.

11 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

It's the truth why would I lie? Just because I don't put party before country you sheeple jump me. Geeeze you people are really over the top...

I do not know, why do you lie? If you do not, please explain to we over the top people some of your previous Republican posts.

If you are a Republican, shouldn’t it have been “our party” instead of “their party”?

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/217022-report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-in-1974/&do=findComment&comment=1626271

A self proclaimed progressive Republican?

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/208843-silent-invasion/&do=findComment&comment=1581153

If, as you claim, you are a Republican would this be you self loathing?

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/208843-silent-invasion/&do=findComment&comment=1581153

If progressives are the only group to move the Country forward, why are you now calling yourself a Republican?

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/209908-democrats-are-in-denial-their-party-is-actually-in-deep-trouble/&do=findComment&comment=1580578

You must be the ONLY Republican who believes Obummer has been the best President in the last 50 years, (that or not really a Republican).

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206025-obama-if-i-ran-again-for-a-third-term-i-could-win-im-a-pretty-good-president/&do=findComment&comment=1556708

Or think Bernie would be acceptable

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/204804-donald-trump/&do=findComment&comment=1553437

Please stop attempting to portray yourself as something you are not.  You recently asked if I posted a song of self fulfilling prophecy, I did not.  I posted that song with you in mind and to paraphrase “You’re fooling yourself, and I don’t believe you.”  Don’t be a coward and claim to be a Republican, or moderate, and also a progressive at different times, embrace the liberal that you really are.  Then at least I would be able to take you seriously.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

The fact that society has been conditioned to "believe" otherwise, is the true immoral "crime"...

Yes, and personally I blame today's modern preachers for the problem. Though I know that they had some help. 

I find myself in total agreement with what you are saying about the constitution and individuality. And I agree that an individual's rights come before everything else. But you're right in that I tend to look at society as a collective and not so much as an individual. However, don't think that because I see it as a collective that I subscribe to that opinion. I only see it as a collective because, as you say it's been perverted for 240 yrs and now today most people operate within a group mentality than with the individual mentality that you and I share. In the end this is the exact point that I was making about morality and the slow decay of it. If one was to say that we see ourselves as individuals today, {socially speaking}, then I ask how is it that a monster like the Hilldabeast can automatically receive 50% of the vote without ever saying a word? And the answer is simply because she's a Democrap.  I'm not sure yet how to explain the Trump phenomenon, but give me enough time and I will.

Thoughts create action.  If we simply react and attempt to remedy all immoral actions first, before/without addressing the mindful cause... we are no better than mindless reactionaries. 

Ahhh yes, the mindset of a successful businessman. I actually was making the suggestion that the only way to correct immoral behavior is through the teachings of Jesus Christ. Essentially it is absolutely impossible for us to do that ourselves or as some kind of collective control group. First, as you have eloquently stated that would be to violate an individual's freedom and second, as history has repeatedly shown the oppressed will eventually fight back. Jesus didn't come to take away our freedom; he came to give us freedom to choose as we wish. I leave the reactions to others. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The fact that society has been conditioned to "believe" otherwise, is the true immoral "crime"...

Yes, and personally I blame today's modern preachers for the problem. Though I know that they had some help. 

I find myself in total agreement with what you are saying about the constitution and individuality. And I agree that an individual's rights come before everything else. But you're right in that I tend to look at society as a collective and not so much as an individual. However, don't think that because I see it as a collective that I subscribe to that opinion. I only see it as a collective because, as you say it's been perverted for 240 yrs and now today most people operate within a group mentality than with the individual mentality that you and I share. In the end this is the exact point that I was making about morality and the slow decay of it. If one was to say that we see ourselves as individuals today, {socially speaking}, then I ask how is it that a monster like the Hilldabeast can automatically receive 50% of the vote without ever saying a word? And the answer is simply because she's a Democrap.  I'm not sure yet how to explain the Trump phenomenon, but give me enough time and I will.

Thoughts create action.  If we simply react and attempt to remedy all immoral actions first, before/without addressing the mindful cause... we are no better than mindless reactionaries. 

Ahhh yes, the mindset of a successful businessman. I actually was making the suggestion that the only way to correct immoral behavior is through the teachings of Jesus Christ. Essentially it is absolutely impossible for us to do that ourselves or as some kind of collective control group. First, as you have eloquently stated that would be to violate an individual's freedom and second, as history has repeatedly shown the oppressed will eventually fight back. Jesus didn't come to take away our freedom; he came to give us freedom to choose as we wish. I leave the reactions to others. 

Great post, LGD!

My only comments are in regard to yours above, that I highlighted in red... with great respect and understanding of your pious imperatives toward all:  

Hildabeast = Collective Vote (Kumbaya)

Trump = Individualist Vote

"... the only way..."  A wonderful "suggestion", but not the only way, as that precludes other religions and those that may have no relationship with God. 

"... to do that ourselves..."  As we have been discussing, Individuals have the power to be moral on their own, irrespective of religion.

Carry on, my friend!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, RV ME said:

What is laughable is you claiming to be a Republican.  Methinks your long line of previous posts reveals otherwise.  That or someone else was logging in and posting under your name.

I do not know, why do you lie? If you do not, please explain to we over the top people some of your previous Republican posts.

Please see the highlighted below. I brought my comments over for easy review.

If you are a Republican, shouldn’t it have been “our party” instead of “their party”?

Did I say I was for Clinton? My party would have never voted for the likes of any of these pretenders.... Of course my party died a few years ago when they were tricked into believing The Tea Party wouldn't be taken over by the frauds, you may be too young to remember those days. In fact if you read this you'll see I would have liked the man from Ohio, but the voters liked the Bling Bling of The Trumpster.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/217022-report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-in-1974/&do=findComment&comment=1626271

The  Republican party is a total and complete train wreck. The majority of their voters are falling in behind Trump and the party is trying to tear him down. Are they really so blind that they don't realize the voters will turn on them for going against their choice? Republican voters will vote for Trump and then start voting out those who stood in the way. And now this, the establishment who is working to tear down their leading candidate is backing Ted, who may actually be an illegal alien. You can't make this stuff up.

This is the most interesting election I can ever remember.

On the other side Clinton is leading with the black vote, yet Sanders is the one with the record of standing up for their rights. Clinton comes from ultimate wealth and continues, driven by greed to court Wall street and take their six hundred thousand dollar speaking fees for her 45 minute speeches. Do Clinton supporters really believe the banksters aren't expecting a big pay back? Think about the fact she was the wife of the Arkansas governor and then the president, but somehow managed to become a senator in New York state. Ah, can you say Wall Street? Do poor black, white or Hispanic voters actually think this opportunist is looking out for them? Her record in government is horrendous and yet she leads.

So let's sum this up. Trump is a whack job, but not a politician. The voters love him, but the party doesn't.  Ted who thinks he was delivered to us by a higher power, is probably not even eligible to run for president. Rubio is simply a man-boy and isn't ready for the job. Clinton is a fraud, liar and elitist, whose record of service is tainted at every turn. Sanders is a man of the people but is simply too progressive for most Americans, and the man from Ohio, who may actually be the best or at least the most honest candidate can't even make enough noise to catch the attention of the ice cream truck driving through his neighborhood.

A self proclaimed progressive Republican?    

Is being Progressive anti-Republican? I believe even Ronny Reagan had a Progressive side. Perhaps you are too young to have seen it. Here's what I said. I think that sounds like most of the people on this board. I love my guns and my right to protect them. Would any democrat use the term Manby Pamby? I think not, it wouldn't be politically correct.

Posted October 22, 2015 · Report post

Manby Pamby.... The new America... Hold me. Cuddle me. Protect me.

Give it up.

In my neighborhood there will be hell to pay if they want to play. Trust me. I may be progressive but I ain't dumb. Or afraid.

B/A

If, as you claim, you are a Republican would this be you self loathing?

The only thing I loath is some pretender with a cute logo who thinks he's tough. You doubled down on this one.... See above.

If progressives are the only group to move the Country forward, why are you now calling yourself a Republican?

Sad but true, Progressives did move education forward. Built the infrastructure we use  everyday of our lives. Created the middle class, etc. etc. etc. I have voted Republican most of my life because as a business owner I understand  the benefits, however I am sickened when I see the leaders of the party now discarding the working people. The Republican party was not always so greedy.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/209908-democrats-are-in-denial-their-party-is-actually-in-deep-trouble/&do=findComment&comment=1580578

Wow it is nice to see such a discussion by people who love their country. Of course politics like religion, will draw huge lines in the sand. I do find it amazing that people are so moved by the emotional issues that divide as apposed to the real issues that affect our daily lives.

Do I care if gays marry? Nope it is none of my business what you do at home. Do I care if abortion is legal? Again what you do with your body is your business. Like those who get tattoos, the bible says your body is a temple and yet so many chose to destroy it. Again not my business. Should the federal government tell us how to teach our children, if we can smoke pot, or if I can own a gun? Nope, the federal government was not set-up to rule the states. The states are supposed to rule themselves.

I also find it amusing that because I agree or disagree with a certain law, policy etc., that I'm instantly labeled a liberal or conservative. That is one of the many problems with our society. I'm not either of those two limited choices, but rather a moderate. I do not and will not sit on one side of the fence or the other. That is the very root to the problems with our government. When did it become a bad thing to take the best of all worlds and combine them for the greater good.

RV Me and a couple others were quick to spew their hate on me for expressing my views and I am truly sorry if their America is a bad America. My America over the last four years has been incredibly rewarding and successful.

In the year 1996 the conservatives put forth their Contract with America and took over the government. By the year 2000, the movement carried their policies and views to the White House. Soon after banks were deregulated, big business received tax cuts, huge chunks of our budget were sent to the military build up. No child let behind was put into place and suddenly our government was the biggest it had ever been. The government bailed out the banks, the car makers and about bankrupted the nation.

After the conservatives finished their "cleaning up of America" they left the country in the worst shape imaginable. An economy in ruin. Two wars that still are on going to this day. An education system lagging behind most industrialized nations. And a workforce with no where to go.

Now let's get this straight, I'm not saying the liberals don't have their problems, because that would simply be a lie. However, through the course of America's short history it has always been progressives that moved us forward, not conservatives. The stats do not lie. The quality of life for the American public has mostly (notice I said mostly) been better under a progressive government.

Some will say the industrial tycoons moved America, but this simply is not true. Although they may have put America to work, they did it by cheating, forced labor and taking advantage at every turn. It was progressive thinking that created safe work environments, higher education, an 8 hour day. Progressives started the revolution. Protested and fought in the streets for equal rights. Gave women the right to vote. All the while conservatives sat at home watching the changes unfold in their newspapers and later on their TVs. Progressives went out and took the stand. Fought the fight. Conservatives gathered quietly amongst themselves and if they were really pissed they would threaten to write their congressmen. They didn't really want to rock the boat. It might cost them their comfy lifestyle.

Yes some think America is done, but again I say I'm sorry if your America is a bad America. Over the last 4 years, my America has been the best America I've experienced in my lifetime. My business has tripled. My income has doubled. I have more work than I can possibly handle. My home mortgage interest rate has gone from 7% to 3%. I hire more people than I ever needed during the conservative rule of the late 90s and early 2000s. The list goes on and on.

So if you are left or right, go on drinking your Kool-Aid. Keep watching Fox News or CNN. Keep gobbling up the drivel they spew and keep arguing with your neighbors over issues that truly mean nothing. While they blind your eyes and steal your dreams.

RV Me. You said you would take a constitutionalist over the others any day. I agree, do you know of any good ones on the ballot?

You must be the ONLY Republican who believes Obummer has been the best President in the last 50 years, (that or not really a Republican).

I still believe not one president has had a bigger hill to climb and turned it around by doing a better job. Funny thing, I didn't vote for him the first time around.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206025-obama-if-i-ran-again-for-a-third-term-i-could-win-im-a-pretty-good-president/&do=findComment&comment=1556708

Hmmm I challenge anyone to name a better president in the last 50 years. Think before you reply

Your reply was so good I had to include it below. I guess you were being serious, but again I think you must be too young to have actually lived through any of your presidential picks.

RVME:
IMO I would say those better than  Obummer in the last 50 years would be;  Johnson (slightly), Nixon, Ford, Carter (barely), Regan, Bush, Clinton, & Bush.

Or think Bernie would be acceptable

Finally, I don't believe I said Bernie was acceptable, I said he may have a chance because Clinton is so bad... I guess I didn't realize how dumbed down America really is at this time.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/204804-donald-trump/&do=findComment&comment=1553437

Ha Ha Ha... The republicans are so screwed. Trump, Bush, and 12 others! They can't be serious. The democrats are also screwed! Hillarious? Seriously??? Bernie Sanders may actually have a chance as most Americans are beginning to realize neither party can be taken honestly. I find it sickening that anyone supports either party. Ask yourself what has the party done for you. Republicans support corporate welfare. The Democrats want to take away your personal rights.

What is really sad is the average American voter acts like they are in the club when they support their party. Trust me neither party will let the middle class through the gates of their private clubs. They just take our money and keep cashing in...

Time to throw them all out. Don't complain about our government if you are guilty of voting for an incumbent. You want the corruption to stop? Don't vote for anyone who is currently in office. Let's try some new blood that doesn't know how to scam the system.

Okay I'm done venting..... GO RV!!!!!

Please stop attempting to portray yourself as something you are not.  You recently asked if I posted a song of self fulfilling prophecy, I did not.  I posted that song with you in mind and to paraphrase “You’re fooling yourself, and I don’t believe you.”  Don’t be a coward and claim to be a Republican, or moderate, and also a progressive at different times, embrace the liberal that you really are.  Then at least I would be able to take you seriously.

I think by reading my comments it is easy to see what I really am. A frustrated American who is stunned by how we have all been divided by a well managed machine. As for commenting your song posting was a self fulfilling prophecy, that was merely a joke. I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought it was funny... My bad.

Posted October 22, 2015 · Report post

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Well then I stand corrected.  You are most definitely a Republican.  In fact you are the perfect example of a Republican, In Name Only.  I surmise the reason you are a Republican is to allow you to consider yourself a fence sitter above the fray, willing to vote against your own party, rather than embracing the true liberal that you are.

You asked many times why people think you are liberal when you claim to be a moderate or progressive Republican, well just look at your posts, they tell the true story.  You ignore the real problems caused by liberal/progressive policies while assigning all things good (in your mind, and often incorrectly) to liberal/progressives.  At the same time you label anything bad as the fault of the Republicans, the party in which you are a member.

For example, you said Obummer had it so tough when he took office, but you do not say why that was.  I am sure in your mind it was GWB, the Republican you voted for twice (if you have voted Republican all your life as you claim), but you would only be partially correct.  In our previous conversation you incorrectly laid the deregulation blame on Bush when it was actually Clinton that did the deed, but that was only a part of the problem.  The bigger problem was that the housing bubble had burst.  And what was the cause of that bursting bubble?  No, not Republicans as you claim, it was the progressive Jimmy Carter that started the Community Reinvestment Act which morphed over time to become the 900 pound fat man that finally burst all over the Nation after eating a thin mint ( :tiphat: Monty Python). Since you referenced my youth (and inexperience?) as if you are older (and wiser?) multiple times I am sure you will understand when I say that perhaps you are too old and senile to remember Jimmy.

On multiple occasions you have said the Republicans destroyed the education system.  Reason being, according to you, was that GWB singed the no child left behind act.  You conveniently leave out the part the GWB was trying to be bipartisan and reach across the aisle (as moderates claim they want), and let liberal/progressive Ted Kennedy write the bill.  That was one error but you were asked, and never answered, who had been in charge of the education system for my entire (shorter than your) life?  For the record, I graduated in 1981, and for my entire life the liberals have been in charge of the education system.  It was a train wreck before NCLB and it is even worse now with the liberal/progressive Common Core curriculum.  Again, what did your Republican Party do that destroyed the education system over the last 50 years?

The progressive FDR gets credit for the biggest budget buster known as Social Security, great pyramid scheme there.  It is known as an unfunded mandate because they have no intention of giving you what you put in.  You credit progressives for creating the middle class, but somehow do not give them credit for creating the perpetual underclass with LBJ’s war on poverty (again, perhaps too old and senile to remember).  600 dead so for this year in liberal/progressive Chicago, how is that Great Society working out for you liberal/progressives.

For further proof of your liberal inclinations, the only logical reason you give for being a Republican is because you are a business owner and you like the Republican tax policies.  Spoken like a true liberal/progressive, extol the virtues of liberalism but expect someone else to pay for it.  Perfectly unsterotypical when you think about it.

And as a business owner like me, you are either getting hit hard with insurance premiums for your employees or you 1099 them and send them off to fend for themselves on the exchange.  Even though my company is under 50 employees (which liberal/progressive Obummer said would not be affected by his “like your doctor keep your doctor” plan), I have seen the plans shrink in doctor options while going up in cost 20% annually.  Several employees have spouses whose insurance covered them and I would pay their premiums rather than switching their insurance and everyone was happy.  Obummercare made that illegal so I can no longer do that.  I pay them the amount I paid for their insurance but to make it fair it costs me more due to those liberal/progressive SS and Medicare taxes.

I could go on, but since you did not respond the last time I pointed out the enormous discrepancies between what you claim Republicans are responsible for and reality, and you decided not to try to defend your position, I will leave it at that.  If you do care to actually intellectually defend your policy positions it would be welcomed, but not expected.  So my liberal/progressive Republican In Name Only friend, I bid you good day.

Edited by RV ME
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, RV ME said:

Well then I stand corrected.  You are most definitely a Republican.  In fact you are the perfect example of a Republican, In Name Only.  I surmise the reason you are a Republican is to allow you to consider yourself a fence sitter above the fray, willing to vote against your own party, rather than embracing the true liberal that you are.

You asked many times why people think you are liberal when you claim to be a moderate or progressive Republican, well just look at your posts, they tell the true story.  You ignore the real problems caused by liberal/progressive policies while assigning all things good (in your mind, and often incorrectly) to liberal/progressives.  At the same time you label anything bad as the fault of the Republicans, the party in which you are a member.

For example, you said Obummer had it so tough when he took office, but you do not say why that was.  I am sure in your mind it was GWB, the Republican you voted for twice (if you have voted Republican all your life as you claim), but you would only be partially correct.  In our previous conversation you incorrectly laid the deregulation blame on Bush when it was actually Clinton that did the deed, but that was only a part of the problem.  The bigger problem was that the housing bubble had burst.  And what was the cause of that bursting bubble?  No, not Republicans as you claim, it was the progressive Jimmy Carter that started the Community Reinvestment Act which morphed over time to become the 900 pound fat man that finally burst all over the Nation after eating a thin mint ( :tiphat: Monty Python). Since you referenced my youth (and inexperience?) as if you are older (and wiser?) multiple times I am sure you will understand when I say that perhaps you are too old and senile to remember Jimmy.

On multiple occasions you have said the Republicans destroyed the education system.  Reason being, according to you, was that GWB singed the no child left behind act.  You conveniently leave out the part the GWB was trying to be bipartisan and reach across the aisle (as moderates claim they want), and let liberal/progressive Ted Kennedy write the bill.  That was one error but you were asked, and never answered, who had been in charge of the education system for my entire (shorter than your) life?  For the record, I graduated in 1981, and for my entire life the liberals have been in charge of the education system.  It was a train wreck before NCLB and it is even worse now with the liberal/progressive Common Core curriculum.  Again, what did your Republican Party do that destroyed the education system over the last 50 years?

The progressive FDR gets credit for the biggest budget buster known as Social Security, great pyramid scheme there.  It is known as an unfunded mandate because they have no intention of giving you what you put in.  You credit progressives for creating the middle class, but somehow do not give them credit for creating the perpetual underclass with LBJ’s war on poverty (again, perhaps too old and senile to remember).  600 dead so for this year in liberal/progressive Chicago, how is that Great Society working out for you liberal/progressives.

For further proof of your liberal inclinations, the only logical reason you give for being a Republican is because you are a business owner and you like the Republican tax policies.  Spoken like a true liberal/progressive, extol the virtues of liberalism but expect someone else to pay for it.  Perfectly unsterotypical when you think about it.

And as a business owner like me, you are either getting hit hard with insurance premiums for your employees or you 1099 them and send them off to fend for themselves on the exchange.  Even though my company is under 50 employees (which liberal/progressive Obummer said would not be affected by his “like your doctor keep your doctor” plan), I have seen the plans shrink in doctor options while going up in cost 20% annually.  Several employees have spouses whose insurance covered them and I would pay their premiums rather than switching their insurance and everyone was happy.  Obummercare made that illegal so I can no longer do that.  I pay them the amount I paid for their insurance but to make it fair it costs me more due to those liberal/progressive SS and Medicare taxes.

I could go on, but since you did not respond the last time I pointed out the enormous discrepancies between what you claim Republicans are responsible for and reality, and you decided not to try to defend your position, I will leave it at that.  If you do care to actually intellectually defend your policy positions it would be welcomed, but not expected.  So my liberal/progressive Republican In Name Only friend, I bid you good day.

Now that you're done insulting me, let me wrap up this "discussion".  I have friends just like you. Party first everything else follows. I have Republican and Democratic friends who would vote for their party if Hitler was on the ticket. I personally cannot understand the allegiance to one party. I tend to lean right but I do not swear by it.

To put it simply. If you are building a deck on the back of your house and you go to a lumber yard to buy wood and there are two or three stacks to choose from, would you pick all your planks out of one stack or would you choose the best planks from all stacks?

I'm sure you would pick the best boards you could find. That would make you a moderate. But when it comes to voting, it sounds as though you would only go with one stack and hope for the best. Being a moderate, I choose the best from each stack. That is how voters should look at elections. Every campaign platform is made up of planks. Each party has good and bad. This not only applies to the presidential election but also for local elections as well.

Think about it, you would build your deck with the best materials.

Sticking blindly to one party is simply being brainwashed. As Ron White would say, "you can't fix stupid"

One party does not have all the answers. Cooperation and yes even compromise are the keys to success in business, personal relationships and government.

JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, RV ME said:

..............Since you referenced my youth (and inexperience?) as if you are older (and wiser?) multiple times I am sure you will understand when I say that perhaps you are too old and senile to remember Jimmy...........

Not really any of my business personally, but was the above highlighted comment really necessary?  Why ya gotta be so mean, Hank?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1