Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mean While in Canada

pokerplayer

23 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I was wondering if I could get some help or advice.  To Canadians, is the term "Hoser" a term of profanity, derogation, camaraderie, or affection or all of these?  To put these a sentences:

Or does "eh" mean, "I am such a cool person for making such a keen observation"?

Well, OK, just having a little fun.  I do have a high regard for Canadians and I am Thankful they are such good neighbors and allies.

:D          :tiphat:

hos·er
hōzər/
noun
Canadian informal
noun: hoser; plural noun: hosers
  1. a foolish or uncultivated person.

Thats funny Synopsis
pp
Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:
hos·er
hōzər/
noun
Canadian informal
noun: hoser; plural noun: hosers
  1. a foolish or uncultivated person.

Thats funny Synopsis
pp

eh!

Thank You for all the posts, PokerPlayer!  They are all worth the view (and education)!

:D           :twothumbs:           :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

On 2016-10-20 at 0:17 AM, pokerplayer said:

It is the most awesome Coffee shop in the Universe !! Lineups can generally stop traffic for blocks !! Its an equivalent to a Starbucks, which by the way is very lame. !!

We try and keep it a secret so the line ups stay less then 2 blocks.

pp  :lol:

And in case you need an even bigger back story - Tim Horton played defense for the Toronto Maple Leafs, N.Y. Rangers, Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins during his NHL career between 1941 and 1974.  He opened the first Tim Horton Donuts in Hamilton, Ontario in 1964. Tim Horton died in a car crash in 1974.

280px-OttawaNHamiltonJ.JPG

Though not all Tim Hortons are drive-thru ... this guy wasn't sure

f531b72b2909fd67ecb5c139781036bb_origina

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, BJinMontreal said:

Awww ... come on Shabs this is supposed to be a happy thread!!!  Besides I'm still upset my Expos got moved to Washington ... But the final four two years in a row ain't bad after a twenty-plus year drought!!!Just ask the Maple Leaf fans ...half a century and counting since they won 'The Cup'

1948 for this Indians fan.....or 18 years before I was born.  B)

meanwhile-in-canada-biggest-idiot-ever.j

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2016 at 11:17 PM, pokerplayer said:

It is the most awesome Coffee shop in the Universe !! Lineups can generally stop traffic for blocks !! Its an equivalent to a Starbucks, which by the way is very lame. !!

We try and keep it a secret so the line ups stay less then 2 blocks.

pp  :lol:

Oh ya for sure PP, no one gets to visit and escape the cold up there unless they bring me a bucket of Tims, and they are family :lol: Anyone from Canada coming down, a bucket of Tims will be very much appreciated  :D

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Oh ya for sure PP, no one gets to visit and escape the cold up there unless they bring me a bucket of Tims, and they are family :lol: Anyone from Canada coming down, a bucket of Tims will be very much appreciated  :D

Hey bro, would you like a bucket of the brewed Tim's or a bucket of the bags of ground Tim's?  Hey, if the IQD RVs reasonably high, I'll send you a whole truckload of Tim's which ever way you prefer!  I'll even drive the truck and come visit!

:o          :D          :twothumbs:

2 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hey bro, would you like a bucket of the brewed Tim's or a bucket of the bags of ground Tim's?  Hey, if the IQD RVs reasonably high, I'll send you a whole truckload of Tim's which ever way you prefer!  I'll even drive the truck and come visit!

:o          :D          :twothumbs:

:bravo: alright brother, you're on, or as we say in the north, "game on eh" :lol: 

• Upvote 1

On 2016-10-21 at 0:43 PM, BJinMontreal said:

Awww ... come on Shabs this is supposed to be a happy thread!!!  Besides I'm still upset my Expos got moved to Washington ... But the final four two years in a row ain't bad after a twenty-plus year drought!!!Just ask the Maple Leaf fans ...half a century and counting since they won 'The Cup'

:lol:

No worries BJinMontreal, some people just like to tear down threads that don't meet their standards of depravity... lol

Was gone for week end so I will get everyone that wants their daily dose of " Mean While in Canada"

pp  :jester:

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 1

On 2016-10-18 at 3:04 PM, pokerplayer said:

14446147_1122904384423258_36569239039563

14494849_1122565714457125_89600967639356

14457529_1120256698021360_28659819084090

14463173_1118713141509049_16573518819447

This is an Inuit Inukshuk. Literally thousands can be seen across various locations in Canada

14446083_1118561884857508_25161078075832

I see I have a troll following this thread providing rubies. LOL, Doe's not take a rocket scientist to figure out who it is :)

Have a great day troll, you can bash me but you will never tear me down to your level. !

pp

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Wiljor said:

:bravo: alright brother, you're on, or as we say in the north, "game on eh" :lol: 

Game On!

:D          :twothumbs:

4 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

No worries BJinMontreal, some people just like to tear down threads that don't meet their standards of depravity... lol

Was gone for week end so I will get everyone that wants their daily dose of " Mean While in Canada"

pp  :jester:

Yep.  Really missed the week long pics and education!

:twothumbs:

P.S.  As a courtesy observation, you may want to pronounce out loud the two letter abbreviation of your screen name you sign with sometimes.  I know it is intended as PokerPlayer but I suspect it has a completely unintended connotation that doesn't seem to fit with your highly esteemed stature!  I did try a couple time to send you a DV instant message about this but, for some reason, it says you can not receive messages.  I am just trying to not be a hoser.  eh?

• Upvote 1