Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Central bank: the project to delete the zeros will be applied beginning of the year 2017

newbieDA

Who is this yahoo that says he's over the CBI? I'm thinking he has been drinking the same koolaide the Transportaion minister has been drinking. You know the guy...the one that said he is building the new airport over where the ancient alien airport used to be... :huh:

SHABS!  WHERED YA GO? YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU BACK ASAP DUDE!!!!!  :twothumbs:

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 4

This is the interesting part in my opinion.... The Bank is working on the mechanisms in place towards the implementation of this project is expected to commence by the beginning of 2017... BY THE BEGINNING of 2017.... BY THE to me sounds like BEFORE the beginning. 
Personally I feel we could see a change anytime.

• Upvote 4

From DV archives June 25, 2015

19054.jpg?width=650&watermark=4

Author: Editor: sz reporter: ay
Number of Views: 75

25/06/2015 16:05

Tomorrow Press / BAGHDAD: The governor of the Iraqi Central Bank, on Thursday, that the project to delete the zeros will be implemented in early 2017, indicating that the Bank embarked on the development of the first steps of the project. Keywords and said for "tomorrow Press", "The goal of deleting three zeros from the Iraqi currency is to support the Iraqi dinar and make it a competitor of foreign currency ", he returned him as" that strategic project will serve the country's economy. " He added that "the Bank is working on the mechanisms used to implement this project is expected to start by the beginning of 2017," noting that "the central bank began the first steps for the project through the selection of designs, companies and the country that will be done printed currencies ". He pointed out that "the introduction of new currency does not mean the destruction of the old currencies, but it will continue to trade to about ten years," pointing out that "this period will enable the central bank to withdraw the old currency in accordance with the mechanisms will maintain market liquidity. " The Finance Committee in the House of Representatives earlier revealed, (August 15, 2013), the postponement of the process of removing zeros from the currency until after the next parliamentary elections, while confirming that the government is demanding guarantees for non-substituent currency return to markets and forgery. The Central Bank of Iraq confirmed, in the (April 25, 2013), that there is no intention at this time to restructure the currency and delete the three zeroes of them, denying the reports in this regard. It is noteworthy that the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced (April 12, 2012), for the wait in the application of the process of deletion of zeros from the national currency and that require action to stop all associated with the operation mentioned until further notice. It is noteworthy that some economists believe that Iraq is not formatted for the time being for the deletion of zeros from the dinar, pointing out that the deletion needs to be a security and political stability as well economic stability.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

No need to be confused it clearly states that 2017,  (WE, DV, I) just don't want to see an article that states 2018....:shakehead:

Can you imagine? 

There has been so many confusing reports that for them to come out with something so defined defies Iraqi logic. I can't say I have got my dancing shoes on yet but this sure is uplifting indeed.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3