Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Gold or Silver coins

new york kevin

Trying to tap into the brilliance of dinarians. With gold at $1257 an ounce today, simply put, what are the top 5 sources to purchase gold or silver coins from? Can they be bought at cost (had to ask) ? What is a reasonable and excessive premium to pay for them? What are the warning signs that would tell us NOT to buy from supplier A or B. Is one precious metal coin better than the other? Thanks for letting me troll for knowledge here. God Bless ya'll.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

they can not be bought at cost that I know of.

always buy government backed gold or silver, such as American silver eagles, Canadian maple leafs

I usually buy from Apmex or Provident, the longer it goes on -  the spot price keeps going up , my advice is buy what you can, when you can because if something happens

there could be in the future you might not be able to buy any cheap.

https://comparesilverprices.com/

if you can scroll down on the compare silver prices site - there will be a link or button to go to the compare gold prices

One plus with Apmex site if you go to the buy quantity at the coin that you want , if you type in quantity 9999 if they have less than that amount

a box will appear with the actual amount that they have on hand .

Edited by RSTEFAN
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Kevin.

I live in California and in order to avoid taxes here you MUST buy at least $1500.00 worth to avoid any tax.  Expect to pay between 2 and 5% over spot. And shipping can add up so just shop carefully.  I dont usually buy government backed coins when buying silver.  They tend to cost more than the rounds and bars.   When you sell your silver purity is what matters. Most will not give you the added collectable value of a coin.

As far as Gold goes i dig up my own.

• Upvote 4