Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could Trumps poll numbers be higher given this thought

I have never been polled so much in the past as I have been this past Sept. I would have to say I have been asked to take a poll every week for the past month. I have had a polling company call and ask who I was going to vote for, for President and for Congress and other election openings. I find something odd about all of this. They always ask for me to do the poll and ask the same questions.  I should note that I am a Trump supporter. 

Anyway, I am seeing that when the polls come out, that Hilariousalways seems to have that same narrow lead or edge over Trump. I think I have a theory for this or I could be wrong. I wonder if these pollsters are calling the same people. I say this because it may be easier  to call the same people because they know that these people won't hang up on them. I'm sure that it must take a lot of time between calls to get one person to respond to take the survey's. How many of you have ever hung up on a telemarketer or other person after getting home from work? I know I don't like to be bothered with any calls when I want to relax after a long day.

My point is that when a new poll result comes out, isn't it possible that the poll results might be skewed because it is possible these polling companies may be calling many of the same people that they know will take the time to talk? How can you get an accurate result of the public if the same people keep getting asked take the same poll? Could I be on to something, you tell me?

Also, I think Trump may have more of a lead than what we are lead to believe. This may be due to the fact that many people don't want to admit they support Trump. They don't want to look like a fool for supporting a crazy man "with all due respect" to their friends.   I have many friends that tell me this very thing. So, don't you think it is possible there is more support for Trump than what we are led to believe?  

I could be way off base with this theory, but would like to hear from others on their thought. Please don't jump on me about this as I try to be very open minded about my thought on many subjects.

Dave, AKA: Seabee

Edited by Seabee
  • Upvote 3

You could possibly be right, but just the opposite of your polling experience, I have never been called to be polled. My wife and I laugh when the polls come out and ask who the hell are they polling? Also in any poll, you not only have to see the questions they are asking (which can sway the poll's outcome, but you need to see the percentage of Dems vs Repubs vs Independents they polled. They can make a poll come out anyway they desire. Remember, statistics don't lie. Or do they???

• Upvote 2

This Are a few of the questions they ask me and I will phrase it the same way they ask me.

If the Presidential election were held today and you had a choice between Hillarious Clinton or Donald Trump, whom would you vote for?

How likely are you to vote for President in the upcoming election?

1. Very likely.

2. Somewhat likely 

3. Not at all likely

Are You a registered Republican, Democrate, Independent, or other?

Those are just a few of the questions asked to me and I get the same questions every time.  We have a polling company in nearby Utica N.Y.  And they adhere to strict guidelines to get the most accurate results.  However, I am sure there are some which are less strict by the way they choose people to participate. As I said I have been contacted four times in the past month. BTW. the local polling company is Zogby International, perhaps you have heard of them.

Dave, AKA: Seabee

• Upvote 1

The sooner we get closer to Voting Day...we will see more articles like this...

Trump Widens Lead, Clinton Craters Post Debate in LA Times Poll (Tracking)

SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 BY PPD ELECTIONS STAFF

•  
The 2016 USC Dornsife / LA Times Presidential Election Poll for Sptember 30: Republican Donald Trump vs. Democrat Hillary Clinton. (Photo: THE USC DORNSIFE / LA TIMES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION "DAYBREAK" POLL) The 2016 USC Dornsife / LA Times Presidential Election Poll for Sptember 30: Republican Donald Trump vs. Democrat Hillarious Clinton. (Photo: THE USC DORNSIFE / LA TIMES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION “DAYBREAK” POLL)

Republican Donald Trump widened his lead over Democrat Hillarious Clinton in the 2016 USC Dornsife / LA Times Presidential Election Poll following the first debate. Mr. Trump leadsMrs. Clinton 47.3% to 41.7% in the Presidential Election “Daybreak” Poll, a model developed by the team responsible for the successful 2012 RAND Continuous Presidential Election Poll.

According to an update by the pollster, Mr. Trump’s 5-point lead is statistically significant for the following reason:

Update: As of Monday September 19th, the Daybreak Poll’s charts will reflect a change in the way we compute the “area of uncertainty” represented by the gray band in each chart. This change means that candidate votes that are about 5 or 6 percentage points apart will be shown to be statistically significant (depending on sample size and how much variation there is in the voting).

Previously, the calculations required an interval of +/5.5 percentage points for significance in our election forecast, which we have determined was too conservative. Still, “mainstream” media pundits have sought to play down the Republican’s advantage in the LA Times Poll, something the People’s Pundit believes is not yet a proven credible analysis.

“While the PPD tracking poll is markedly less pro-Trump than the LA Times Poll, there are two major reasons pundits and mediates shouldn’t dismiss these results,” said PPD’s editor-in-chief Richard D. Baris. “First, they were right in 2012 while most were wrong and, second, they track the results for many of the same, or repeat respondents. If it’s truly representative of the electorate, which we won’t know until Election Day, then it gauges voters’ views over time more accurately than other media pollsters.”

The PPD U.S. Presidential Election Daily Tracking Poll, which surveys the 4-way race, currently shows Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton statistically tied. It’s only the second time post Labor Day that the former secretary of state did not trail the New York businessman. Other polls, which went dark during a period that was undoubtedly a Trump surge, now show Mrs. Clinton leading, even though she hasn’t since September 11, the same day she attended a memorial service in New York City for the terror attacks, at which she collapsed due to a medical episode.

But Baris said the PPD Poll and LA Times Poll are gauging the likelihood of people to vote in a manner that does not effectively remove silent “Trump Voters” from the survey results, which most other major media news outlets and pollsters have been doing. The other recent surveys also assume an electorate that consists of a Democratic advantage(D+11) upwards of twice what President Barack Obama enjoyed against Gov. Mitt Romney in 2012 (D+6).

Worth noting, the PPD U.S. Presidential Election Daily Tracking Poll, which doesn’t assume anything but rather allows the electorate to dictate the party composition, currently reflects a D+6 party advantage for Democrats.

• Upvote 1

Lets not forget even thou the media push the Hillarious agenda, they don't want to be caught on the other side of being wrong on the outcome of the election. As to show outright they been lying to all of the mass that watch the propaganda they been spewing since the start of the elections...

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Seabee said:

I have never been polled so much in the past as I have been this past Sept.

The problem with the polls is the outcome depends on who commissioned the poll, who is the pollster, and what are the chosen demographics.

Most of the polls released today are a joke, agenda is everything, and you are 100% correct, the questions are designed to be interpreted multiple ways.

The use of third party pollsters as sole evidence of integrity is an assault to common sense.

Real Clear Politics are just as establishment RINO as Huffington Post is hard core liberal.

4 hours ago, captl1 said:

The true polls are seen at the rallies. Most of the phone polls are off balanced and inconvenient. People will say almost anything to get off the phone.

Exactly.

The one I went to had a 1.3 mile long line, broke the all time attendance record for the arena it was held in, and there were still an estimated 8000 people waiting to get in.

Not one of the local TV stations ever showed video taken from any of the helicopters they had flying overhead.

17 minutes ago, darwinatridge said:

http://endingthefed.com/breaking-fraudulent-clinton-votes-discovered-by-the-tens-of-thousands.html#.V-9AUOh5iCM.facebook

If the Democrats have to cheat to win an election that should tell you there is something wrong with their fundamental beliefs.

That might be a spoof, they have been known to publish others.

Not that I don't fully expect massive fraud, but at the same time I need to be careful and vet everything I read.

Also, the liberal media has put out misinformation just so that when it is carried by alternate sites it can be used to discredit the integrity of that site, in order to try to destroy any truth that the liberal media cant justify.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

It is an amazing thing...dead people always vote Democratic and never Republican. If ever there should be a campaign to sway people's voting tendencies, we should get dead people to vote Republican. Why not? The Democrats have been doing this for decades. 

Indy

• Upvote 1

Thanks Seabee....

53 minutes ago, Indraman said:

It is an amazing thing...dead people always vote Democratic and never Republican. If ever there should be a campaign to sway people's voting tendencies, we should get dead people to vote Republican. Why not? The Democrats have been doing this for decades. 

....The reason dead folks vote democrape...is you're basically brain dead to be associated with any Liberal agenda...Present day Liberals are a product of the Saul Alinsky/Weather Underground Movements that have ravished the basic morals of our country...Liberal thinking is constructive for adolescent mental reasoning...but if an adult hasn't justified the absurdity of Liberal thinking dysfunctional outcome, they should be considered mentally challenged in an advanced mature society....The past two election have been prime examples of democrap sheeple not having the mental capacity to research their choice in a vote...It will be 2017, if then, until we the people will discover the locked secretes of the president and first queen, not at all a lady...Then the same people that put our unknown community organizer into the top spot of the world can not even research the past failures of their candidate...The libatards are fools that have no opinion or mindset outside of what they're told and how to react in an advanced society...        

• Upvote 2