Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How this all got started - - a parody


Recommended Posts

I always wanted to know how the Dinar ruse ( ah investment) got started ?

Back in 2002/3 ? a MR Shabbibi started the Irquistan trading stamp company .. He called it CB Inc. Irquistan was coming out of an economic hiatus so he thought the stamps would liven up commerce. He printed a line of stamps called Dini.  They sold like hot cakes , The Irkis as the natives are called began using them like real money for buying and selling everything.

They were colorful and official looking even though not worth much more than the paper they were printed on. At the time visitors to the country sometimes called "contractors"  would take home pocketfuls of them to show family and friends.  WOW they would say they are pretty , how can I get some. Go to your local stamp merchant , if they don't have any they will order for you. You can get a million for less than a grand!

Business was soo good the CBI issued a new 25K version. It was recieved very well and soon nearly all the new ones were sent out of the country.  This was a problem as the Irkies complained that all they had left were the old wrinkled and torn ones.  Mr. Shabbibi heard the complaints and declared that NO Dini would ever be shipped out of the country. Left without a supply the stamp merchants stopped selling.The Irquistan government went a step further and declared the Dini an Irquistan exclusive making it illegal for anyone to take Dini out of the country.  Triggering a bigger demand elsewhere.

Seeing a profit a group of enterprising individuals called "dealers" found that they could find "couriers " who would go to Irquistan and bribe the customs to ship out suitcases of Dini labeled as "dirty laundry. Of course the dealers could charge a little more.

That's it so far.

Come back next time for the next episode called " The rise of the Guru's". 

 

 

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

Sorry Rock!  No time for a revisionist history lesson.

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

Rock & most LOPsters are attention seekers and love to hear themselves talk/type. They've mastered the trick of being able to pat each other on the shoulder via the net.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh ! CAZ

Things have been so flat lately , not even good rumors. I thought to inject a little levity to cheer everyone up.

The book/movie/play is stuck waiting for an ending so I went far to the left to start a new line.. I thought  it would be some relief to have a chuckle while we wait .

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Using couriers was a big gamble for the dealers.  One shipment of Dini could be $100K and it would be cash on the spot. They could loose it all. But they had little choice . Then they had to be sure to get new customers.. So they set up webcasts with hosts using colorful names to promote the ARVEE as the event was called .. they explained that the cbi would drastically , like 10,000% ,increase the price of the Dini making all existing Dini more valuable as well.  But they made it clear that you had to be "invested", actually own the Dini to become RICH. Don't wait , it could happen this weekend , next month , or SOON .  They never directly associated them selves to any one dealer , but on the page there would be a link or phone # to call to purchase,  Credit cards accepted , overnight delivery extra., The dealers offered programs called "RESERVES" ,  Put 25% down pay the rest in 90 days , If the ARVEE came in before then take the bundle and pay off in free money . Such a deal. 

Some hosts  became famous , anointed as GURUs. Claiming to have INTEL , direct info from operatives in Irquistan.  They started websites of their own selling subscriptions for special access to their INTEL with the best firsthand data. They offered PhoneChats.   Members could call-in with questions , usually the ones the host wanted asked ,anyway.. News from Irquistan  was in a language called ARABISH so it had to be interpreted.  So some Gurus had operative that could read ARABISH and could explain what it meant. The intrpretations didn't always agree.  Owners of DINI were known as DINIans,, , and they diligently followed one or more GURUs.

Next episode " The BIG LOP Scare.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 14, 2016 at 1:40 PM, caz1104 said:

Rock & most LOPsters are attention seekers and love to hear themselves talk/type. They've mastered the trick of being able to pat each other on the shoulder via the net.

Thanks Caz.  You are an authority on Lopsters... I admire your tenacity!   :tiphat: 

 I do appreciate Rock's attempt at humor but this crazy ride needs no embellishments!

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

 

And They Lived Happily Ever After ...

    :D     :D     :D

 

The End.   :eek:  Hi Thug!  :wave:

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Using couriers was a big gamble for the dealers.  One shipment of Dini could be $100K and it would be cash on the spot. They could loose it all. But they had little choice . Then they had to be sure to get new customers.. So they set up webcasts with hosts using colorful names to promote the ARVEE as the event was called .. they explained that the cbi would drastically , like 10,000% ,increase the price of the Dini making all existing Dini more valuable as well.  But they made it clear that you had to be "invested", actually own the Dini to become RICH. Don't wait , it could happen this weekend , next month , or SOON .  They never directly associated them selves to any one dealer , but on the page there would be a link or phone # to call to purchase,  Credit cards accepted , overnight delivery extra., The dealers offered programs called "RESERVES" ,  Put 25% down pay the rest in 90 days , If the ARVEE came in before then take the bundle and pay off in free money . Such a deal. 

Some hosts  became famous , anointed as GURUs. Claiming to have INTEL , direct info from operatives in Irquistan.  They started websites of their own selling subscriptions for special access to their INTEL with the best firsthand data. They offered PhoneChats.   Members could call-in with questions , usually the ones the host wanted asked ,anyway.. News from Irquistan  was in a language called ARABISH so it had to be interpreted.  So some Gurus had operative that could read ARABISH and could explain what it meant. The intrpretations didn't always agree.  Owners of DINI were known as DINIans,, , and they diligently followed one or more GURUs.

Next episode " The BIG LOP Scare.

Rock

BS stories that "gurus" & LOPsters create could fill 10-20 chapters easy, in your imaginary book your not writing.

Seriously dude....you sound like a kid whose pet doggy ran away..............and you can't get over it.

I'm sure your imaginary family or church members that were "scammed", the ones that moved on with their lives...................would be more than happy to help you adopt a new young puppy dog.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so what happened to the LOP? oh thats right it never happened like the lopsters predicted. I guess they have the same track record as the Gurus that have predicted the Rv all these years.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy!!

I have said for years that "gurus" & "LOPsters" are one in the same....................both BS their way thru life............and NEITHER can be trusted............and both should be taken as entertainment or lack of entertainment only.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caz1104 said:

Easy!!

I have said for years that "gurus" & "LOPsters" are one in the same....................both BS their way thru life............and NEITHER can be trusted............and both should be taken as entertainment or lack of entertainment only. One promotes false positive hysteria ......................the other false gloom & doom.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The early years were good for the Irqi's. Income per capita rose from almost nothing to $7,000 in eight years. They hired Koreans to build a new city West of Bagdad, ordered new planes from Boeing and hired a Turkish firm to landscape the route from the airport into the center of the city. The many new visitors would get a impressive ride into town. The  Italians were contracted to design a new shipping port to become the biggest in the ME . The Chinese would build and equip a rail line from Bagdad to Erbil.  Things really looked good on paper.

The government reduced unemployment by hiring Irqi's left and right. The problem for Mr. Shabibi's CBI was that it was pouring out loads of Dini that wasn't worth much based on it's original valuation.  The solution was to reduce the volumes by 1000.  New stamps would be printed , removing the last 3 zeros which made room for bigger  pictures showing off the wonders of Irqistan. All the older stamps  would be made worthlesser over the next 3 years.  This process became known as a "LOP " and struck fear in the hearts of the Dinians.  NO said the Gurus it really meant that your olde Dini  would be worth 1000 times more, IT was the ARVEE.  Some Gurus' said only the 3 zero stamps  would be affected if you had stamps with only 2 zeros you were protected, the dealers countered by selling more 2 zero stamps which they almost could not have given away before..

The CBI had a hard time convincing the Irqis to accept the change , concerns over counterfeiting , theft and confusion.  In the course of the delay the wheels fell off the Irquistan economy .  National income declined and a sort of civil strife erupted  caused by tribes calling themselves ISIS or ISIL aka Bad guys. The country had bigger problems so the LOP_ faded into history.. PHEW! 

Next : A new government but the same old players.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!!!

RockPedia......................who knew!!!  WOW I'm sure there are millions that didn't know that all the info mentioned can be found on this very same WWW.

Rock......you're my fav Capt Obvious

Edited by caz1104
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

FR.  the market rate is what an Iraqi is willing to pay for a USD.  i.e. a rate based on the real value. If the dinar were to "float " internationally I doubt it would be that low, I think more like 1500.  The CBI rates are "fixed " to provide security to the importers that must buy things in dollars to sustain the illusion of a stable economy. The importer must prove the dollars are for legitimate purchases, Of course there would be some skimming and creative accounting involved!!!  Have you ever wondered how the dealers get nice crisp 25k notes???

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.