Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Exchange Rates - 8 Sep 2016

ronscarpa

CBI Exchange Rates

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY
US dollar USD 1182.000 1180.000
Euro EUR 1328.213 1327.549
British pound GBP 1581.634 1580.843
Canadian dollar CAD 916.634 916.176
Swiss franc CHF 1220.570 1219.960
Swedish krona SEK 139.657 139.587
Norwegian krone NOK 144.460 144.388
Danish krone DKK 178.426 178.337
Japanese yen JPY 11.651 11.645
Special
Drawing Rights
SDR 1658.819 1657.989

Australian Dollar                                                                                  AUD                                            907.540                                                    907.086

Indicative rates - 08.09.2016

As Posted on the CBI Hiome Page ... A full listing is available...!

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Upvote 11

Like your train of thought Chuck, 1:1 would make it simple but can the system handle it? Is their an economic drive to support a 1:1? Yes they have it all in question of natural      resources meaning oil, gold etc... Yes they have the support of the international community and yes they are receiving billions in foreign aid. I am by far not an economic genius but one thing is for sure, the Dinar is WAY under valued, they need purchasing power to engage the world to do business there and I do believe this is a once in a lifetime scenario where all the conditions are right for Iraq to have, maybe not a 1 Dinar 3 US dollar value but I'm more inclined to see it come out at .10 and float upward from there, where to? Well this is where I'll stop my rant :lol:

'Thanks for your thoughts as the rate can be a touchy issue, :tiphat:

Edited by Wiljor
  • Upvote 5

Chuck, I think you made excellent points. This ride' still has many variables and counter-variables, no matter how many times I look at it. The $3.30 rate is obviously appealing, but the number of iDinar n existence today vastly surpasses the number back in the pre-war era. That being said, the counter to that is that the country of Iraq has never had a chance to be a true capitalist nation - and it sure looks like it's headed that way now. Two articles that stick out in my memory when considering an 'RV' rate include an article regarding a port Iraq shares with neighboring Kuwait, and an article pertaining to the extensive wealth Maliki amassed while only earning the comparative annual salary of $10,000 - US.  I believe the article mentioning  the salary Maliki was supposed to get was an article referencing the fact that he was a 51% share-holder in a specific subsidiary of (I believe) Motorola wireless.  Seeing the recent article by Dr. Shabibi about how much Maliki embezzled from the citizens of Iraq strengthens my perception of how far the nation has come as far as functioning as a capitalistic and free society, as there's no way that Shabibi could have come out with his statement till recently, and it further strengthens my perception that Iraq is very close to answering our long-awaited question regarding  the new re-adjusted rate of the Iraqi Dinar.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Wiljor said:

Like your train of thought Chuck, 1:1 would make it simple but can the system handle it? Is their an economic drive to support a 1:1? Yes they have it all in question of natural      resources meaning oil, gold etc... Yes they have the support of the international community and yes they are receiving billions in foreign aid. I am by far not an economic genius but one thing is for sure, the Dinar is WAY under valued, they need purchasing power to engage the world to do business there and I do believe this is a once in a lifetime scenario where all the conditions are right for Iraq to have, maybe not a 1 Dinar 3 US dollar value but I'm more inclined to see it come out at .10 and float upward from there, where to? Well this is where I'll stop my rant :lol:

'Thanks for your thoughts as the rate can be a touchy issue, :tiphat:

6 hours ago, presence said:

Chuck, I think you made excellent points. This ride' still has many variables and counter-variables, no matter how many times I look at it. The $3.30 rate is obviously appealing, but the number of iDinar n existence today vastly surpasses the number back in the pre-war era. That being said, the counter to that is that the country of Iraq has never had a chance to be a true capitalist nation - and it sure looks like it's headed that way now. Two articles that stick out in my memory when considering an 'RV' rate include an article regarding a port Iraq shares with neighboring Kuwait, and an article pertaining to the extensive wealth Maliki amassed while only earning the comparative annual salary of $10,000 - US.  I believe the article mentioning  the salary Maliki was supposed to get was an article referencing the fact that he was a 51% share-holder in a specific subsidiary of (I believe) Motorola wireless.  Seeing the recent article by Dr. Shabibi about how much Maliki embezzled from the citizens of Iraq strengthens my perception of how far the nation has come as far as functioning as a capitalistic and free society, as there's no way that Shabibi could have come out with his statement till recently, and it further strengthens my perception that Iraq is very close to answering our long-awaited question regarding  the new re-adjusted rate of the Iraqi Dinar.

Hi Wiljor and Presence, trust me when I say, "I am no economist". I am a guy sitting here have coffee reading the posts. I have been in this for sometime. It is more my thoughts on the subject. I have no inside info, 1-800 numbers or a glass ball (can not afford a crystal). It very well could be a .10 and I would be very happy. I just did not added it because, why would you turn in the USD for something that is 10 times of less value. If it came out real low you would have black markets opening up all over the place. Investors would be jumping all over the low value of companies and taking big positions in them. This would also hold true for the 1 to 1 but it will cost more to get in. People would still be using the USD. People just would not have the faith in the currency needed to build Iraq on. Even when it was $3.30 I am not sure how big of a trade they were doing outside of oil. That is something I will check out. My guess there are some numbers guys here that know that answer. I even discarded the fact of them losing face with other nations in the area when go head to head in currency value.

Oh boy i am about to step in it. I read a lot about Kuwait and I did not count it into my thoughts on the dinar. Kuwait was short and sweet. Occupied and free within a short amount of time and almost everything there was in working order. Iraq, under Maliki, Iraq is praying to be a third world country. Maliki is a whole pain in the butt by itself. Trying to recapture the assets stolen by him and his gang will be key. Since he is the one with the most cash it will be up to the investigators to freeze his account and recover the assists. Plus the few others that are being called out to repay.  That is the wide card here.

I would be VERY happy at .10, I am hoping for 1 to 1 and not even counting on $3.30. It would be nice, but I really need to get my house in order and at .10, it would go a long way to stabilizing my life as well as others here and for the people of Iraq.

• Upvote 6

Here is a table from 1989 done by the UN: This may give us a starting point. I would need to see how this stacks up with it's neighbors as far as oil exports, money reserves, exports other than oil, and other categories that they may list.

Table 1. Iraq’s Top 10 Exports, 1989

SITC Rev 3 Commodity

Million $

3330-Crude oil

$11,545.4

3344-Fuel oils, nes

$211.3

3343-Gas oils

$119.8

3341 — Gasoline and other light oils

$78.8

2741- Sulfur of all kinds

$39.2

6612-Portland cement

$35.7

0579-Fruit, fresh or dried, nes

$30.8

5629-Fertilizers, nes

$29.6

7144-Reaction engines

$29.2

5222-Chemical elements, nes

$27.7

Source: United Nations Trade Data nes=not elsewhere specified. 

• Upvote 4

Chuck, once again, I completely agree with your logic and I myself have shared similar thoughts about Maliki. Forensic investigations are being done on him as we speak. My sense is that despite this being Iraq, it will not be that difficult to track down the money he stole. A house that can contain 30 million people sounds more like a small country - and that can't be hard to find. Couple that with the fact that the guy's ego is bigger than his head which makes me believe he wouldn't take the steps a normal person (non-psychotic) would take to hide the loot, which is made easier when others are offered deals to point out where the rat kept it. That's one of the reasons why I believe there are more outside influences and agencies being referenced as of late - historically speaking, Iraqui's have worked with 'strangers' from other lands quite well in this situation. $700Bb plus is worth going after and holding off an RV for  'a little longer', but I believe we've already passed that point. In retrospect, the time off in September may simply have been necessary  to get a firm legal grasp on the slippery eel   

• Upvote 5

Presence, I am with  you on this. I think Maliki felt that he was going to be in power forever, so between that and an ego the size of one of those floats in a parade. Following his trail should be easy. September may simple be a clean up month. Adam feels pretty strong about Oct and I will trust his judgement and that is why a .10 is fine with me. I would love to see 1 to 1. If anything I am happy with.10, for I am out of the dinar watch and on to building a future for my family. At this point in my life it is more of a transition plan but it will prevent future generations to have endure what I am going through now. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Hi Wiljor and Presence, trust me when I say, "I am no economist". I am a guy sitting here have coffee reading the posts. I have been in this for sometime. It is more my thoughts on the subject. I have no inside info, 1-800 numbers or a glass ball (can not afford a crystal). It very well could be a .10 and I would be very happy. I just did not added it because, why would you turn in the USD for something that is 10 times of less value. If it came out real low you would have black markets opening up all over the place. Investors would be jumping all over the low value of companies and taking big positions in them. This would also hold true for the 1 to 1 but it will cost more to get in. People would still be using the USD. People just would not have the faith in the currency needed to build Iraq on. Even when it was $3.30 I am not sure how big of a trade they were doing outside of oil. That is something I will check out. My guess there are some numbers guys here that know that answer. I even discarded the fact of them losing face with other nations in the area when go head to head in currency value.

Oh boy i am about to step in it. I read a lot about Kuwait and I did not count it into my thoughts on the dinar. Kuwait was short and sweet. Occupied and free within a short amount of time and almost everything there was in working order. Iraq, under Maliki, Iraq is praying to be a third world country. Maliki is a whole pain in the butt by itself. Trying to recapture the assets stolen by him and his gang will be key. Since he is the one with the most cash it will be up to the investigators to freeze his account and recover the assists. Plus the few others that are being called out to repay.  That is the wide card here.

I would be VERY happy at .10, I am hoping for 1 to 1 and not even counting on $3.30. It would be nice, but I really need to get my house in order and at .10, it would go a long way to stabilizing my life as well as others here and for the people of Iraq.

I've been lurking for quite some time haven't chimed in until now, your thoughts are on point thank you for sharing.

I'll buy the first round ;)

G:) RV             GB) RI

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

I've been lurking for quite some time haven't chimed in until now, your thoughts are on point thank you for sharing.

I'll buy the first round ;)

G:) RV             GB) RI

Good morning Tubbs, amazing group we have here in DV and we get into some really good conversations. We welcome all constructive interaction and dialog as you know, looks like you have made a few posts as well, don't be shy, chew the meat and spit out the bones as I say and welcome back my friend  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Wiljor said:

Good morning Tubbs, amazing group we have here in DV and we get into some really good conversations. We welcome all constructive interaction and dialog as you know, looks like you have made a few posts as well, don't be shy, chew the meat and spit out the bones as I say and welcome back my friend  :twothumbs:

I will second that and the second round is on me. :D

• Upvote 4

GREAT POST..... Thank you ALL

The Link, is the exchange rate of foreign currency feasibility studies by  the Iraqi ministry of planning 

http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&lng=en

$1:1 is the easiest way to Dedollarize the country 

$1:1 is the easiest transition for the people

Go CBI

Go Dinar

Go new monetary policy

Go $1:1.13

• Upvote 5