Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about the VND

• 2 weeks later...

just another tid bit I ran across....At least the VND gets a mention now and then.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There is a rumor that dong will be revalued before the dinar, which will give us a great leveraging opportunity (if it happens). This ride is coming to an end, we just don’t know the exact date. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karsten

• Upvote 2

Just another tidbit about the VND.....they seem to be getting a little more comm0n place lately.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Zim, dinar and dong are holding high values in both screens (front and back).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• 3 weeks later...

A little more but nothing much.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Do you expect VND to remain at the rate it comes out, or might it float?]    I haven’t seen/heard any indicators that the dong will float once it has revalued.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Karsten said:

A little more but nothing much.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Do you expect VND to remain at the rate it comes out, or might it float?]    I haven’t seen/heard any indicators that the dong will float once it has revalued.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

Thxs for keeping this thread alive Karstan. One day is all any of us can say these days.

pp

• 2 weeks later...

Just another bump to the top....Sure wish there was a site to find out more of what is happening with the VND.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every one has been asking about the dong. It should RV as well - once China agrees to move their currency. So it might be awhile on that one... Again, it’s the same story - no one knows when...  We are Close!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sure wish one of these VND for around a.25 and I would cash in a million and the Dinar $1.20 and I would cash in $260,000 and save the rest for later....Found a newer M/H with all the options I want and live off the rest for a while.

Karsten

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Now just keeping this alive and what a pipe dream this would be.....I wouldn't be able to spend this much if I had 2 full life times ahead of me....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the United States we have confirmed rates for the Vietnamese Dong on screens front and back at decent screen rates at over 2 dollars. I heard rates today and seen them climb today at several different banks.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

I sure do wish there was a site about the VND and what is really going on other than the occasional tid bit here and there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VERY INTERESTING TODAY VIETNAM DONG DID OPEN TODAY AT  $0.0044  AND THATS ABOUT $4400 FOR A MILLION DONG.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/tools/currencyconverter  [ ..I went to that currency converter that you put up and I see no change in value.]  IT WENT BACK!   [...why would it reverse?]  MAYBE TESTING!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Upvote 4

Same info as above with a little extra added like a 4-5 cent rate......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VERY INTERESTING TODAY VIETNAM DONG DID OPEN TODAY [WEDNESDAY] AT  $0.0044  AND THATS ABOUT $4400 FOR A MILLION DONG.    They need more flexibility for the exchange rate.  22,000 to the dollar does not make any sense. They are under exceptional status with the IMF. They dropped 2 zeros from their exchange rate at the beginning of yesterday [Tuesday].  The msn live feed gave that rate.  It was not a glitch. They might (eventually)  come up to 4 or 5 cents. I-Teams were encouraged about the dong.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Upvote 3

Karsten,    At least we're seeing some kind of movement . If they are testing the site then that too is a good sign. I have faith in the VND , I feel that we will see and increase. Everyone's paying very close attention to it right now.  Something will happen.  Please keep in mind as with all the other currencies that most of us are invested in as well ....they will start at a rate and most likely go up from there ( readjust  if you may ). As desperate as we all are to cash out  please keep that in mind. It will make a HUGE difference in the end.

Staying focused  :)  :wave:   :praying:

• Upvote 6

MOakes: O n Wednesday's call I believe Delta mentioned that the Dong may "eventually" come up to 5 cents.

In searching the value of the Dong, I found that in 1954 it was valued at 9 cents to the USD. So if my figures are correct 1 million Dong would be equal to $90,000 in USD.

In my opinion, the way the Vietnamese economy is now and the future is even brighter, we may see a much higher exchange rate in the future than it was in 1954.

:)   JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS AN INTERESTING OPINION PIECE ........THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL.  :)   :praying:

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, millionaire in training said:

:)   JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS AN INTERESTING OPINION PIECE ........THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL.  :)   :praying:

Again, keep on preaching sister MIT!  I see and get the analysis indeed, it has to come out at a higher exchange rate somehow in today's terms!  Many thanks for sharing! :praying::twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that this currency (Vietnam's Dong) has not revalued or reinstated is a mystery.  I was unable to find on the U.N. WBO, IMF and/or our government websites that explains why the currency is not recognized around the globe.  All the reading I've done the last three or four years it appears all sanctions have  been lifted.  Go to WTO website and it shows that Vietnam is a member in good standings.  The war has been over for years.  It appears that tourism is growing.  There economy is growing!  The governments attitude toward people that have spoken out against government is changing.  Recently, an individual was released which was labeled as a dissident.  Vietnam is building a oil refinery, they are drilling for oil and they have a large gold mine...  With all this that is happening... There is no indication that the powers to be are pushing toward revaluing or reinstating this currency.  On the flip side... If the currency was RV at 4 cents...  Have to wonder if there is enough world currency or U.S. dollars to cover all the people around the globe that have hung  on to this currency.  Hope somebody has some facts (Not theories!) that can explain why the Dong has not RV or RI

RC

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Robb C said:

Have to wonder if there is enough world currency or U.S. dollars to cover all the people around the globe that have hung  on to this currency.  Hope somebody has some facts (Not theories!) that can explain why the Dong has not RV or RI

Lot's of questions up there, but I do know this. As with the Iraqi dinar, if and when the VND ever changes value it won't matter how much physical dollars there are. No one is going to be  walking into any bank with an exotic currency and walking out will millions of dollars. Practically all of such a transaction will be in digital form. It will simply be numbers on a computer. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

There hasn't been much of anything until this morning and this brief tid bit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[If the dinar goes tomorrow, will the dong go simultaneously?]   That is what is expected.   The information is still indicating that they will all go together, all the currencies we are interested in.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Lot's of questions up there, but I do know this. As with the Iraqi dinar, if and when the VND ever changes value it won't matter how much physical dollars there are. No one is going to be  walking into any bank with an exotic currency and walking out will millions of dollars. Practically all of such a transaction will be in digital form. It will simply be numbers on a computer. Hope that helps. 

That's how I've longed imagined it....and celebrating my butt off at a new bar somewhere nearby lol :twothumbs::cheesehead:

• Upvote 1