Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about the VND

Well it appears POTUS was successful in China have some $250 Billion in Bi Lateral Contract and Business deals signed. hopefully China will play fair and adjust their currency for a level playing field. If that were to happen VN would almost surely have to adjust their VND to compete with China or so it has been discussed in the past.

Just get it done already.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Well it appears POTUS was successful in China have some $250 Billion in Bi Lateral Contract and Business deals signed. hopefully China will play fair and adjust their currency for a level playing field. If that were to happen VN would almost surely have to adjust their VND to compete with China or so it has been discussed in the past.

Just get it done already.

Karsten

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

• Upvote 2

I will just leave this here.....It seems some are lumping the IQD and the VND in the same group.....I do wish it were from a more reliable guru but it is the latest little tid bit to inspire a little hope.

I am just short of PP $18 M so I watch the VND as closely as I do the IQD.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11-10-2017   Intel Guru Dr. Clarke   ...we knew that the hammer was coming down on Kurdistan & Barzani...and this was BIG BIG BIG!   ...WHY? It was EVERYTHING! Because...YOUR INVESTMENT IN IRAQ, IS AN INVESTMENT IN  O - I - L.  Without OIL, you have NO INVESTMENT, folks! NO MONEY!  This is where your MONEY is coming from. ALL OF IT!  PERIOD!  Folks, KURDISTAN = OIL = BIG MONEY...It’s Iraq’s BIG JACKPOT...IRAQ is now Complete...so to Speak...we believe that Iraq and Vietnam, are further along, and closer to, substantially increasing the value of their currency, than ever before. So close, in fact, that we Believe and Expect Iraq, to Substantially increase the value of their Dinar, Publicly & Officially, sometime between November 17th and December 1, 2017.  We particularly like the dates of Nov. 18, 19, 20, 21, 25th, 29th. We also believe and expect, that the most beneficial dates of Exchange, will be within the First 21 days of December.  

11-10-2017   Intel Guru Dr. Clarke  ...but we will say, that over the past 22 months and 10 days that we’ve been here, that exact “Time”,  has changed at the last minute...just 3 different times...and you see, the Dong is just riding along on the coat-tails of the Iraqi Dinar, meaning that at some point AFTER the Dinar moves, the Dong will move.  What’s kept these 2 currencies from substantially increasing over the past, nearly 2 yearsREGIONAL SAFETY & STABILITYBut ONE significant fact that you should know, is that OIL prices were dropped in 2014-15 so low, to intentionally bankrupt ISIS, for it was their #1 source of Income...and all MAJOR NATIONS agreed to it - to take the hit for as long as it took, to choke them off financially, thus allowing a collapse.  Now, that’s why you see OIL coming back, and it will continue to raise...this is a BIG FACTOR...NOW, they see the opportunity to finally begin making that money back, which they lost over the past 3 years...in Many different ways. 

11-10-2017   Intel Guru Dr. Clarke   Over the years, there has been more than 1 Plan, to substantially increase the value of Iraq’s currency, as well as Vietnam’s currency. We only talk about the Dinar & the Dong, because these are the only 2 currencies, we have interest in. We believe that all other currencies for now, are simply “Not a good investment”, too speculative, not timed right, and fraught with too many disqualifying factors, for substantial increase, anytime soon, if EVER.  We have NO strong evidence to the contrary. However, the Iraq Dinar and the Vietnam Dong is different. We believe that BOTH of these, are a VERY GOOD Gamble, and we don’t see that changing.  All of you that say, “Nobody knows the timing”, would be Wrong. There ARE those that know EXACTLY when these 2 currencies will increase substantially. They know the Day and the Rates. Make No Mistake...  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Enjoy the Saturday afternoon reading.

Karsten

• Upvote 4

Well this is a little over the top to me @ $1.00 but hey I would take it if it happened......So for your Happy Hour Entertainment I present

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11-11-2017   Intel Guru Dr. Clarke   DONG RATES. We believe & expect the Vietnamese Dong rates to substantially move within 24 hours of the Dinar rate offering.  We have reason to believe that the optimum exchange rate window of the Dong, could see the same 10 day opportunity.  HOWEVER, there is a real strong chance, that the DONG rates will not move much, if at all, until more than 30 days after the Dinar, simply because they are on a different schedule in Vietnam, concerning their REGIONAL CONCERNS, and the fact that it is a completely separate economy, with separate dynamics. While the door is open to raise the rate at or close to when the Dinar moves, there is also strong indications, that they may choose to wait a few weeks, to move it up, and WE ALSO BELIEVE they will progressively, and slowly move it up, over a period of MONTHS, to slowly integrate and control inflation in Vietnam. We believe Vietnam will come out with an initial, substantial rate increase in the $1.00 range, similar to Iraq, making the $1.00 - 1 Dong, a common sense move.  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Have a great weekend and let's all keep hoping for the best.

Karsten

• Upvote 3

The latest bit of drivel posted......47 cents I am so out of here and live happily ever after, $2.00 and i will be way confused with what to do with all that money:rolleyes:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[...what are your most recent thoughts on the dong?]     Nothing’s changed with the dong;  rates have been 47 cents for a long time, with some chance of being $2+.  We’ll have to wait on that, but I expect it to revalue with the dinar or shortly thereafter.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Have a great day everyone.....let's keep hoping

Karsten

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bohica said:

Mortgage went up over $700.00 when the bank changed their program so money is non-existent.  Christmas right now is nothing more than a concept.  I cannot hope strong enough that even 1/3 of what is being said would happen soon.  

Somethings got to give . One of these countries have to take the step or pull the trigger . Perhaps it’s Iraq with the greatly undervalued Dinar . Or China with the soon to launch oil futures sold in yuan backed by gold. Or Vietnam with the fast growing GDP . Or maybe it’s Zimbabwe with their new President and his desire to launch a new dollar backed by gold and diamonds.  they are stocked piling for that purpose . Or maybe it’s the coming E-Dinar backed by gold , to be launched on January 24th ? It’s difficult , even tiring but I think it’s time with all the great progress we are in the midst of . Hang in there a little further . Somethings got to give and yes . Very (Soon) . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whole lot of Nothing but it get's us bumped back to the top.....Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas this Year,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Make NO MISTAKE!  This will happen “VERY SUDDENLY”...BY NOW, you should have “ALL YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER”.   ...AND Yes, all you Vietnam Ding Donger’s...  “Get All Your Affairs in Order!”  What were those DATES again, that we Love so much?:  DECEMBER 23, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It has been a long time since anything has been mentioned about the VND

Not that this says much or makes much sense but it gets this back to the Top.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

they told us the Vietnam Dong was a “sleeper”... At least the Vietnam currency is still an active currency and being traded so this one does sound plausible and possible.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Upvote 2

Oh Boy.....Here is a doozie. At 4@.00 I would be looking for a Private Island with water purification, private boat house and dancing girls:pirateship:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.some people tend to believe that the Dong is going to be at 47 cents.  ...Just not true.  The Dong is already close to $2 just the other night. ...I think the screen rate is going to be in that range or higher for the Dong.  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hope Everyone has a Great Week End and report back on Monday with you plans on how to spend all that money when you exchange @ $2.00 per VND.

Karsten

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Oh Boy.....Here is a doozie. At 4@.00 I would be looking for a Private Island with water purification, private boat house and dancing girls:pirateship:

.some people tend to believe that the Dong is going to be at 47 cents.  ...Just not true.  The Dong is already close to $2 just the other night. ...I think the screen rate is going to be in that range or higher for the Dong.  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hope Everyone has a Great Week End and report back on Monday with you plans on how to spend all that money when you exchange @ $2.00 per VND.

Karsten

Move always been constantly torn between rage and bewilderment how some people can post outright lies and deception on these sites and get away with it 

• Upvote 1

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/salvatorebabones/2018/01/15/vietnam-is-following-the-asian-tiger-currency-formula-for-rapid-economic-growth/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/........

Vietnam Is Following The Asian Tiger Currency Formula For Rapid Economic Growth

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
61a90adb0a8a98b3b0fed6641707191f?s=400&d=mm&r=g
Salvatore Babones , CONTRIBUTOR Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
TWEET THIS
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F904386532%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

In this picture taken on January 12, 2018, men on a motorcycle pull a cart transporting a grapefruit tree on the outskirts of Hanoi. Grapefruit trees are used to decorate homes during the celebrations of the lunar new year or Tet in Vietnam. (HOANG DINH NAM/AFP/Getty Images)

In April, 2016 Vietnam installed its youngest-ever governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), the 45-year-old Le Minh Hung (now 47). A Japanese-educated economist with close connections to the IMF and Asian Development Bank, Hung seems to be on a mission to build the SBV's foreign currency reserves. Sitting at a then-record $40 billion when he took office, Hung has since built the SBV stockpile to nearly $55billion at the end of last week.

Hung's success comes on the back of three small devaluationsin 2015 that had raised fears of further declines and prompted ordinary Vietnamese to hoard US Dollars as a hedge. Dollarization is potentially damaging to a developing economy because is sterilizes much-needed investment capital while at the same time limiting policy flexibility.

The SBV seems to be taking advantage of the devalued Dong to buy Dollars on the bounce. With the Vietnamese economy booming and foreign investment pouring in, the Vietnamese Dong faces strong upward pressure. A politically weak central bank might cave into political pressure to let the currency rise. Hung deserves credit for leveraging the opportunity to improve the SBV's reserve position instead.

Play Video

Building reserves is the right course for an export-oriented economy like Vietnam. Japan and the four Asian tigers (South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore) pursued the same strategy in their periods of rapid growth. An then there's China.

China let its currency slide throughout the first fifteen years of the reform era, a time when it experienced rapid but volatile growth. But on January 1, 1994 China made one big, final devaluation to shift the Renminbi from an overvalued to an undervalued position. The People's Bank then let the currency slowly but consistently appreciate for the next twenty years as it built up a $4 trillion reserve position, the largest the world has ever seen.

A reputation for a stable and slowly appreciating currency is the best asset a developing country can have. It attracts foreign investors by giving them confidence to invest for the long term with the assurance that they can always get their money out at a later date. It also persuades local investors to keep their money inside the country rather than send it abroad for safety.

A stable but consistently undervalued currency has the extra bonus that it acts like a pro-poor progressive income tax. It penalizes the rich people who disproportionately buy imported goods while sparing the poor, whose consumption consists almost entirely of local products like food and shelter.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F41696855%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Customers look at healthcare products at a Lotte Shopping Co. Lotte Mart in Danang, Vietnam, on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017. Lotte Shopping is South Korea’s biggest department store operator. Photographer: SeongJoon Cho/Bloomberg

A low-currency strategy for export-oriented growth is extraordinarily easy to implement, at least from a technical point of view. All the disciplined central banker has to do is sell the currency whenever it looks likely to strengthen.

Most developing countries fail because wealthy constituents prefer a strong currency -- so they can buy imported luxury goods, take overseas vacations, and get their money out of the country at the best possible rate. That chokes off growth and generates instability. Countries with overvalued currencies ultimately find themselves calling on the IMF for emergency funds when the bubble inevitably bursts.

If Le Minh Hung and the SBV are able to stay the course with an undervalued but slowly appreciating currency for twenty or even thirty years, Vietnam has every chance to become the long-awaited fifth Asian tiger. With China stagnating at middle-income levels, Vietnam could surprise everyone to leapfrog ahead by mid-century. That's not a prediction, but it is a possibility. The pace of change in Asia is legendary, and Vietnam is increasingly the country setting the pace.

Salvatore Babones is the author of American Tianxia: Chinese Money, American Power, and the End of History. He also hosts Midnight in America Friday nights on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter @sbabone

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

All  I want from Vietnam is for  their currency to roll.  After that I could not care less what happens to that country.  I know there are  others out there less cold  but I have my reasons for my opinion.  I want them to just get their heads out of their butts and make it happen so I can laugh all the way to the bank.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, bohica said:

All  I want from Vietnam is for  their currency to roll.  After that I could not care less what happens to that country.  I know there are  others out there less cold  but I have my reasons for my opinion.  I want them to just get their heads out of their butts and make it happen so I can laugh all the way to the bank.  

44 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/salvatorebabones/2018/01/15/vietnam-is-following-the-asian-tiger-currency-formula-for-rapid-economic-growth/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/........

Vietnam Is Following The Asian Tiger Currency Formula For Rapid Economic Growth

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
61a90adb0a8a98b3b0fed6641707191f?s=400&d=mm&r=g
Salvatore Babones , CONTRIBUTOR Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
TWEET THIS
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F904386532%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

In this picture taken on January 12, 2018, men on a motorcycle pull a cart transporting a grapefruit tree on the outskirts of Hanoi. Grapefruit trees are used to decorate homes during the celebrations of the lunar new year or Tet in Vietnam. (HOANG DINH NAM/AFP/Getty Images)

In April, 2016 Vietnam installed its youngest-ever governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), the 45-year-old Le Minh Hung (now 47). A Japanese-educated economist with close connections to the IMF and Asian Development Bank, Hung seems to be on a mission to build the SBV's foreign currency reserves. Sitting at a then-record $40 billion when he took office, Hung has since built the SBV stockpile to nearly $55billion at the end of last week.

Hung's success comes on the back of three small devaluationsin 2015 that had raised fears of further declines and prompted ordinary Vietnamese to hoard US Dollars as a hedge. Dollarization is potentially damaging to a developing economy because is sterilizes much-needed investment capital while at the same time limiting policy flexibility.

The SBV seems to be taking advantage of the devalued Dong to buy Dollars on the bounce. With the Vietnamese economy booming and foreign investment pouring in, the Vietnamese Dong faces strong upward pressure. A politically weak central bank might cave into political pressure to let the currency rise. Hung deserves credit for leveraging the opportunity to improve the SBV's reserve position instead.

Play Video

Building reserves is the right course for an export-oriented economy like Vietnam. Japan and the four Asian tigers (South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore) pursued the same strategy in their periods of rapid growth. An then there's China.

China let its currency slide throughout the first fifteen years of the reform era, a time when it experienced rapid but volatile growth. But on January 1, 1994 China made one big, final devaluation to shift the Renminbi from an overvalued to an undervalued position. The People's Bank then let the currency slowly but consistently appreciate for the next twenty years as it built up a $4 trillion reserve position, the largest the world has ever seen.

A reputation for a stable and slowly appreciating currency is the best asset a developing country can have. It attracts foreign investors by giving them confidence to invest for the long term with the assurance that they can always get their money out at a later date. It also persuades local investors to keep their money inside the country rather than send it abroad for safety.

A stable but consistently undervalued currency has the extra bonus that it acts like a pro-poor progressive income tax. It penalizes the rich people who disproportionately buy imported goods while sparing the poor, whose consumption consists almost entirely of local products like food and shelter.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F41696855%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Customers look at healthcare products at a Lotte Shopping Co. Lotte Mart in Danang, Vietnam, on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017. Lotte Shopping is South Korea’s biggest department store operator. Photographer: SeongJoon Cho/Bloomberg

A low-currency strategy for export-oriented growth is extraordinarily easy to implement, at least from a technical point of view. All the disciplined central banker has to do is sell the currency whenever it looks likely to strengthen.

Most developing countries fail because wealthy constituents prefer a strong currency -- so they can buy imported luxury goods, take overseas vacations, and get their money out of the country at the best possible rate. That chokes off growth and generates instability. Countries with overvalued currencies ultimately find themselves calling on the IMF for emergency funds when the bubble inevitably bursts.

If Le Minh Hung and the SBV are able to stay the course with an undervalued but slowly appreciating currency for twenty or even thirty years, Vietnam has every chance to become the long-awaited fifth Asian tiger. With China stagnating at middle-income levels, Vietnam could surprise everyone to leapfrog ahead by mid-century. That's not a prediction, but it is a possibility. The pace of change in Asia is legendary, and Vietnam is increasingly the country setting the pace.

Salvatore Babones is the author of American Tianxia: Chinese Money, American Power, and the End of History. He also hosts Midnight in America Friday nights on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter @sbabone

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Excellent article Blue! 

What do all of you get from this article? Does anyone think it's going to rise soon? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bohica said:

I would dare say you did a little tour back in the 60's early 70's......I damn sure bet it was a different place then. For some crazy reason I wanted to go but got told to stay home and go to college.

Karsten

• Upvote 2

Okay folks.......Ready for this one :lol:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, the dong showed up on the screen various times, but no one could exchange.  It was interesting that dong was shown $4.25, and it kept going on and off

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Karsten

• Haha 1