Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bondlady - Article: "Exchange Rate And Disinformation"!

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting The Cliff Notes Of BondLady And Her Admins Tlm And Shredd !

7-23-2016   Newshound Guru Bondlady   Article:  "Exchange rate and disinformation"  Quote:  "Mohammed Sharif Abu Mayssam repeated calls by some observers to call for the lifting of the dinar exchange rate against foreign currencies, to the extent that some of those claims up by making the value of the dinar equivalent to one dollar on the grounds that the caloric value of the current criticism is not consistent with the cash reserve ratios..."  ...this is a good article an could very well mean even better for us than what its saying...the fact that this article even exists means they are working on this right now, they are discussing all the pros an cons of it as they've done the last few times they've been ready to move the dinar rates or do something with the currency...we all know its long over due...this is definitely different than the last 10 plus years...I really do expect things to change in a big way with the new agreements made with talibani...art 140...hcl... several more huge things...I believe we will see those come to light very soon...hang in there every one ...its lookin very good for us all imo.

7-23-2016  Newshound Guru tlm724  I spent some time this morning researching some numbers. I did a comparison of Iraq and Kuwait since I like Kuwait's exchange rate : 1 Kuwaiti Dinar equals 3.31 US Dollar.  The improving security environment and foreign investment are helping to spur economic activity, much more attention needs to paid to the private sector and that is on the table.  The overall standard of living still depends on the central government passing major policy reforms and laws...and that too is being addressed, it is just a matter of time.  ...I did some research so I could answer that old question:  Can Iraq support a one to one exchange rate? Well the answer is a resounding hail Yes and then some!

7-23-2016  Newshound Guru tlm724  Here are the statistics I want to share with you all: CIA The World Factbook:  COUNTRY COMPARISON :: RESERVES OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND GOLD:  Reserves of foreign exchange and gold compares the dollar value for the stock of all financial assets that are available to the central monetary authority for use in meeting a country's balance of payments needs as of the end-date of the period specified. 

RANK RESERVES OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND GOLD: 

37 IRAQ $57,070,000,000 31 DECEMBER 2015 EST  

49 KUWAIT $31,430,000,000 31 DECEMBER 2015 EST

Isn't that pretty ? Iraq has quite a bit more gold and reserves...

7-23-2016   Newshound Guru Shredd   Article:  "IMF says no reason to devalue Iraqi Dinar"  This article captures most of the upside of having the dinar on par with the dollar. I'll list em for ya!
1. Having a sovereign, representative currency that is consistent with the cash reserve ratios.
2. Having a strong dinar rate that contributes to the national currency trading in foreign markets (huge btw).
3. Fully implement the project to delete the zeros which provides an exit from the country's economic crisis.
4. Restoring the money supply structure in line with the market data.
5. Allow for transparent, compliant trading currency between banks and other institutions operations.
6. Have a currency rate that responds to market fluctuations in a consistent manner.

7-23-2016   Newshound Guru Shredd  

7. The national currency trading outside the country would have a positive impact to buy more goods and services for the benefit of the country.
8. Grow GDP with a diversified balanced economy via a balanced increase of costs of goods and services while also increasing wages.
9. Finally have transparent financial openness, which contributes significantly to investment because of a healthy banking system which in turn stimulates the global banking industry.
10. Move to a single currency regime and move out of currency auctions.

Let me also add that...   

7-23-2016   Newshound Guru Shredd   ...the IMF's continued support and re-clarification that the peg to the dollar is in place is a good thing.  It is just a matter of time that the dinar will gain value as Iraq diversifies in it's outputs and regrows its reserves from oil revenues.  We are not invested in some penny stock that we're hoping to get rich on like the inbred, get-rich-quick dummies do.  We are invested in a sovereign currency for a wealthy country that is a new democracy and who has immense global support for economic dependence and participation in global economic growth.   

• Upvote 6

Here Are The Articles Being Discussed ...

On July 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM, yota691 said:

Exchange rate and disinformation

7/20/2016 0:00 

Mohammed Sharif Abu Mayssam 
repeated calls by some observers to call for the lifting of the dinar exchange rate against foreign currencies, to the extent that some of those claims up by making the value of the  dinar equivalent to one dollar on the grounds that the caloric value of the current criticism is not consistent with the cash reserve ratios, and that the reserves which currently stands at rates around $ 54 billion with nearly 80 tons of gold should be reflected in the local currency value against foreign currencies, which in turn will contribute to the national currency trading in foreign markets !!, with cut and the relevant authorities to silence does not comment on those claims whenever repeated, as if rise above squabbles with such rumors and allegations, leaving the arena media for such and media , known by raising the fallacies over the years after the change, to promote such claims which are usually drowned out by the general public, as easy exits for the crisis the country 's economic, as soon It has been circulating on social networking sites on the grounds that the central bank had announced since years for the project to delete the zeros !! Ignoring the main objective of the project to delete the zeros and which aims to restore the money supply structure in line with the market data movement and the country 's need to invest in an unstable security conditions reflect negatively on the cash handling operations during transactions especially with regard to large sums in buying and selling and trading currency between banks and other institutions operations , so that some social networking pages that calls itself the economic nomenclature, allowed itself to frequently publish such narratives , intentionally or unintentionally, the same that were promoted to project «dollarization» wages more heavily exposed exchange rate fluctuations in price due to the political and economic variables local and international levels. 
the silence on what is called the propaganda bubbles may be feasible in some cases, as it was soon collide with reality and disappear, but it may be impossible to double the media point if shred Almdillon hiring vanities and intentionality and marketing body subject touches the interests of the people, as soon it takes promotional space on social networking, which requires a serious follow - up media from the relevant authorities to what is said and published, and addressing the media , especially since the surge in these days takes Mdyate rising to undermine all that is beneficial to the country and the people. In addition to talking about the subject , such as the position of the cash reserve is in fact a modern potentially more fallacies by what surrounds him from a misunderstanding of monetary policy, To say that the cash reserve ratio should be reflected on the local currency 's value against foreign currencies seems to be true at first glance with it is a modern late frequently for damage to this reserve on the impact of the continuing work of the Central auction day to finance foreign trade in conjunction with the decline in the proportion of foreign currency revenues due to lower oil prices, since this reserve juxt a position of about $ 80 billion before the oil collapse was not in the day the central database that will the lifting of the dinar exchange rate against the dollar to considerations relating to the price values of criticism about the economic reality Rei ,where the real sectors suffer from almost complete paralysis and Taatekz market movement on the outer import and activates the parallel market as a result of lack of legal and procedural system to the economy of a real market is complete, how can central to submit the amendment to the value of the dinar equivalent to one dollar in these days? Are there there is no doubt Baksidih this invitation?   On 
the other hand, the national currency trading outside the country would have a positive impact to buy more goods and services for the benefit of the country, but this will reflect negatively on the national economy unless Tekken there have the largest share in the gross domestic product , real sectors, as well as to raise the exchange rate would have a serious impact on both the consumer and the wages of labor and raw materials in the local market prices,
which means the high cost of generating unit over imported counterparts, and therefore damage the local product and disable it at a time when the government is seeking to activate all sectors in order to diversify revenue, and therefore, our national currency will be a commodity in the speculative financial market as a haven winner no more at this stage or that, and this would damage the monetary bloc putt able, amounting to 40 trillion dinars only .. the national currency trading rates outside the country regarding the class basis in and a solid economy (diversified economy revenue of rising contribution of all sectors, particularly the real sector in the gross domestic product, along with the importance of higher cash income rates in the external balance and stability of payments in the monetary system as well as financial openness , which contribute significantly to the circulation rates, which requires the presence of a system banker healthy simulates the existing developments in the global banking industry, not necessarily the value of the currency is high, and our guide the Japanese yen, because of Japan 's cash reserve 1.265 trillion as of the yen around 94 yen to the dollar as the Japanese government is trying with all its capabilities should not make yen rises against the dollar because every cent rise in which the yen is causing big losses for the Japanese economy, meaning that the reserve does not necessarily mean that is reflected in the rise in the exchange rate of the local currency, as this would be determined by economic data.

On July 15, 2016 at 1:50 PM, vomer said:

IMF: No Dinar Devaluation, Committed to Dollar Peg

July 15, 2016 in Iraq Banking & Finance News

By John Lee.

The Iraq Mission Chief for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that he sees no reason to devalue the Iraqi dinar “under current circumstances“, and says the authorities are “committed to maintaining the Iraqi Dinar’s peg to the U.S. dollar“.

Christian Josz told IMF News:

Iraq has maintained a peg to the U.S. dollar for years, and it has served the Iraqi economy well. The peg helps provide stability amidst a highly uncertain environment, especially with policy capacity weakened by the fight against ISIS. Under current circumstances and given the nature of the shocks, moving towards more exchange rate flexibility would not be warranted for two key reasons.

“First, Iraq is predominantly an oil exporter, and devaluing the Dinar would have minimal bearing on the economy’s overall trade competitiveness.

“Second, there is a notable degree of import dependence—almost half of Iraq’s consumption needs are imported—and devaluation would immediately trigger a spike in inflation for most food and other consumer goods, which would exacerbate already difficult social tensions.

“The authorities are committed to maintaining the Iraqi Dinar’s peg to the U.S. dollar under these circumstances, and we support this view.

(Source: IMF News)

(Dinar image via Shutterstoc\\

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2016/07/15/imf-no-dinar-devaluation-committed-to-dollar-peg/

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting The Cliff Notes Of BondLady And Her Admins Tlm And Shredd !

7-23-2016  Newshound Guru tlm724  Here are the statistics I want to share with you all: CIA The World Factbook:  COUNTRY COMPARISON :: RESERVES OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND GOLD:  Reserves of foreign exchange and gold compares the dollar value for the stock of all financial assets that are available to the central monetary authority for use in meeting a country's balance of payments needs as of the end-date of the period specified. 

RANK RESERVES OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND GOLD: 

37 IRAQ $57,070,000,000 31 DECEMBER 2015 EST  

49 KUWAIT $31,430,000,000 31 DECEMBER 2015 EST

Isn't that pretty ? Iraq has quite a bit more gold and reserves...

NOT that pretty when you compare the populations and GDP per Capita of the two countries ... 

Kuwait has an estimated population of 2.788 million as per the CIA FactBook (July, 2015) vs. Iraq's estimated population of 37.056 million as per the CIA FactBook (July, 2015)

= 13 times as many mouths to feed in Iraq.  And despite having that many inhabitants - the labour force in Iraq is 8.9 million vs. 2.43 million in Kuwait (and discounting the 60% foreign labour used in Kuwait it still only about 1/9th that of Iraq), with only a 3% unemployment rate vs. 25% in Iraq.

Kuwait has an estimated GDP per capita of $70,200 as per the CIA FactBook (2015) vs. Iraq's GDP per Capita of ONLY $15,500 as per the CIA FactBook (2015)

= 4.5 times as much revenue produced per person in Kuwait.

Numbers can be manipulated to show things good or bad - BUT what TLM isn't saying is that Iraq may have more reserves, but because of their population and economic situation - they could burn through those reserves a lot quicker than Kuwait would; because Kuwait actually has a healthy economy and work force that is contributing to their GDP as opposed to Iraq's which seem to be sitting on their asses waiting for government handouts, much like the US government has gone about doing to their country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks DT...Kuwait may have a stable economy with numbers that are at their prime and fluctuate very little...Kuwait has no more room to explane, they're economy/ real-estate has maxed-out and their population is crawling on top of each other...Kuwait has to explan in Dubia or other parts of the world, end of story...Iraq has a merging economy that has the potenial of the world's best merging economy of any economy ever to be introduced/reintroduced, ever in history, bar-none...Iraq can only go up and rise from their destruction and corruption that has plegged it since Iraq has been Iraq...I do believe that the best asset a country can have is their working force...The more citizens a country can provide a job the better the assets that country has toward a stable economy....To increase the value of the dinar to it's true worth and invest their on currency toward their own infrastructure through their own citizens has unlimited possibilities in just the investment for these citizens that are sitting on their azzez and not the product they can and will produce...To judge an established economy to an undeveloped or developing economy is assine...How can you say these apples/people on this developed tree/economy are so much better than what the apples/people will be on that sappling/economy that has not developed enough through time to produce any apples or a stable economy...Especially when there's enough room to plant a hundreds of more trees/businesses and thousands more people to care/work for these these trees/their own economy...Your assumsion is your opinion, personally I believe in projected human ability and the determination of the human spirit to achieve a better life and living conditions if given the opportunity...The world is nurturing the sapplings of Iraq and giving Iraq the support they need to make the best apples/economy possible...The again as soon as these apples get ripe some people will ask why din't they plant lemon trees...

• Upvote 2

Says whom?  How do you know Kuwait can't expand their economy/real estate - their major cities are mostly located on, or near the coast - plenty of empty space to expand?  And where did I make any assumption? I was only pointing out numbers - but if you feel the need to neg me for that, go ahead. 

....I even ya out "BJM"...I'd rather have a civil debate than to demean your rating...I don't really care... it's just someone gave me an emeral and I noticed you recieved a rubie when I checked the reply I even you...The appearance gives me a guilty by association...Your assumsion has merit but I can assure you...BJMontreal, Your comment is not worth my principles...I've been to Kuwait many times and can tell you straight-up...''Go look for yourself''...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, skeetdog said:

....I even ya out "BJM"...I'd rather have a civil debate than to demean your rating...I don't really care... it's just someone gave me an emeral and I noticed you recieved a rubie when I checked the reply I even you...The appearance gives me a guilty by association...Your assumsion has merit but I can assure you...BJMontreal, Your comment is not worth my principles...I've been to Kuwait many times and can tell you straight-up...''Go look for yourself''...

Sorry Skeet - my emotions got the better of me!  I appreciate you correcting me on the condition of Kuwait - but UNTIL Iraq cleans house corruption-wise, there will be no RV, no matter how much promise they have, or faith the nations of the world have in them.  My point was, that TLM can state they have greater reserves than Kuwait, but without an economy to maintain or add to those reserves - they will eventually have to use them to start paying back these loans and advances and debt.

• Upvote 1

...It's nothing we all haven't done more times in our lives than I care to admit... I do appreciate your apology and think more highly of the man you are ...I admire your maturity and have always valued of your opinion...I do agree with your point of view and appreciate, as usual, your input and common sence approach...I do believe ''tim724'' is assine to even suggest Kuwait and Iraq can be compared...Iraq is functioning now, somewhat, on the USD standard and has the potenial to go 1 to 1 but nothing compared to Kuwait...However, the citizens of Iraq are the untapped assetts of Iraq, that has never been utilized...This was the point I wanted to make toward a rebuttal to your affirmitive...The Iraqi citizen have never been given an opportunity to build a private life where they could prosper as a private sector...There want be anything happening as far as an international community until Iraq becomes Article 8 compliant...I think there has been major accomplishes achieved behind closed doors concerning the HCL...Abadi is doing a fantasic job weeding out the corrupt individuals though the process of passing the Federal Court Law and International Banking Laws and getting both written into the Gazett...I think the Amnesty Act and National Guard Bill are a done-deal and are waiting on the final results of Mosul and the clearing of ISIL/ISIS so the Kurds and Sunnis have a difiant understanding on where to draw their terittorial bounderaries and responsibilities...

• Upvote 2

Well spoken sir.  And yes, your point concerning the population and untapped potential is a valid argument for an increase in the exchange rate.  And as we both seem to agree, the corruption issue is front and centre in getting this decimated country back on its feet, or at least its hands and knees to start!!

• Upvote 2

I not sure what needs to come first but Abadi seems to have a gift of knowing when to put one foot in front of the other...The Un needs to approve/sign-off Iraq on Art.8 so Iraq's currency can go international to give the citizens/nation buying power with their own currency...The Federal Court Law needs to establish its presidence of law to go after corruption and start with Maliki to retrieve the billions of money and assetts he along stolen....But as ''Laid Back'' has written 2/3rds of the money Maliki embezzeled was spent in Iran...The are thousand of other corrupt politains conbined that could equal Maliki's debascals...The HCL needs to be presented to the people so that they can in turn have money to will jump start their lives which in turn is a major factor in jump starting the economy as well as the private sector...It's an exciting time to watch  Abadi tredge forward in rising a decimated Iraq to its hands and knees...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I feel going forward that they will also peg to the dollar. A float, I feel, is out of the question right now and in the near future.  There is just to many factors. I bomb goes off, World Bank talks on on hold and the dinar would drop like a rock. It would be hard to budget a country on a float. 

• Upvote 3