Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nice truck attack: Hollande denounces 'monstrous' killing of 84 on Bastille Day – live

umbertino

Witnesses describe the terror and chaos after an armed man ploughed into crowds celebrating France’s national day in Nice

Armed man drove truck at high speeds through crowd for 2km

‘A truck smashed into everyone. Everyone’ – video

Bonnie Malkin and Kevin Rawlinson (earlier)

Friday 15 July 2016 06.59 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

Nice attack: truck driver named as France mourns 84 killed in Bastille Day atrocity – live

Witnesses describe terror and chaos after armed man drove through crowds celebrating national day

Matthew Weaver (now), Bonnie Malkin and Kevin Rawlinson (earlier)

Friday 15 July 2016 14.49 BST Last modified on Friday 15 July 2016 14.51 BST

Dont tell me, Islam was involved and had to do with killing everyone that was not islamic. 

How can we prevent this from happening in our town or city? Of course have our presidents invite in 10s of thousands more Islamic people into our countrys.

The vetting procss is not working folks. Our presidents are not keeping us safe.

1 hour ago, moose 57 said:

I just want to know WHY

I certainly won't deny ( obviously) this guy is a terrorist  even though he was already known to the Police for little crimes only so far.....

News channel has stated that he lately was very depressed due to a court order to leave the home where he used to live with his mate who is  also the mother of his  child ( or children)

That's per News Channel

Edited by umbertino

6 minutes ago, umbertino said:

I certainly won't deny ( obviously) this guy is a terrorist  even though he was already known to the Police for little crimes only so far.....

News channel has stated that he lately was very depressed due to a court order to leave the home where he used to live with his mate who is  also the mother of his  child ( or children)

That's per News Channel

There is no way to defend against terrorism. I am just wondering how and why people get to this point?

• Upvote 2

Moose...Many reasons I'd believe...Exaltation, desperate need to believe in something due to a poor , miserable, un-educated life, no self-confidence,  insecurity in their own life, etc....And ( we have to acknowledge that too, like it or not) also for some "genuine" hate toward  the West ( historical reasons, sense of exploitation, etc)

Nice (Nizza) used to belong to  what then became the Country of Italy...It's the home town of Giuseppe Garibaldi 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Garibaldi

They spoke Italian there in the past... Still many speak Italian   and Italians love going there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice

Edited by umbertino

France and the EU made the dumbest move in history when they opened their doors to people from all over the Middle East.

Now they have so many different nationalities and so many potential terrorist that they can not keep track of all of them.

Funny how every nation is sending condolences, prayers but no call to action or even a plan to attempt to stop this from happening again.

Everyone knows the likely suspect is ISIS, and they know where they are headquartered. Yet, everyone is sitting on the sidelines waiting for Assad & Iraq to finish ISIS off. With just a "Token" bit of assistance from a few countries. SAD

Strangest way to fight a war I have ever seen! I know Obama is unwilling to go after ISIS & I suspect that Clinton will continue our "Token" efforts as well. Maybe Trump will have the balls to get the job done?

11 hours ago, gymrat76541 said:

France and the EU made the dumbest move in history when they opened their doors to people from all over the Middle East.

Now they have so many different nationalities and so many potential terrorist that they can not keep track of all of them.

Funny how every nation is sending condolences, prayers but no call to action or even a plan to attempt to stop this from happening again.

Everyone knows the likely suspect is ISIS, and they know where they are headquartered. Yet, everyone is sitting on the sidelines waiting for Assad & Iraq to finish ISIS off. With just a "Token" bit of assistance from a few countries. SAD

Strangest way to fight a war I have ever seen! I know Obama is unwilling to go after ISIS & I suspect that Clinton will continue our "Token" efforts as well. Maybe Trump will have the balls to get the job done?

But in the past  due to France's  colonial heritage it was relatively easy for People  coming from ex-colonies  of North and Central Africa to move to France and get  citizenship....

And France , just like the US , has the so-called ius soli ( right of the land) .. You become automatically citizen because you were born there.