Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Upgrading of the Iraqi currency

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I hope the FULL parliament ( including the Kurds and the Sunni) will not stand with the 'Iran' friendly Shiite members, as the Shiite were the only ones present for the vote. It was a non binding resolution, but it could change with the right support. Keep your fingers crossed that the rest will vote it down. 

My real question is how would the 'new' money affect our old dinar? Could it cause a problem cashing in?

Despite my newbie assignment I've been here since 2010 and holding Dinar since 2006. Spent 7 1/2 years in the Middle East.

Edited by Appoupon
  • Thanks 4

• 10 months later...

Oh wow, this is interesting even though I am a bit unfamiliar with this. I'm late with this thread and with that, I was actually wondering if Iraq's currency has really been upgraded? If yes, what happened to the older ones? Have they stopped in circulation?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, KaitlynnD said:

Oh wow, this is interesting even though I am a bit unfamiliar with this. I'm late with this thread and with that, I was actually wondering if Iraq's currency has really been upgraded? If yes, what happened to the older ones? Have they stopped in circulation?

No, they haven't stopped using the 2003 notes we hold - they're still in circulation.

:salute:RON

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Pow! 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today, during his trip to the Middle East, among other things President Biden referenced Iraq. He mentioned Iraq to be connected to the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) electric grid thru Kuwait. If this plays out, it decreases reliance on Iraq. However , does that stabilize the economy and influence the Dinar to our benefit? If anyone has insight , I would be interested to know. Erich K.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErichK said:

Today, during his trip to the Middle East, among other things President Biden referenced Iraq. He mentioned Iraq to be connected to the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) electric grid thru Kuwait. If this plays out, it decreases reliance on Iraq. However , does that stabilize the economy and influence the Dinar to our benefit? If anyone has insight , I would be interested to know. Erich K.

Great question! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Old but interesting 

The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh: The project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency does not need to legislate a new law but needs to issue a regulation to serve as instructions as stipulated by the Central Bank Law. 

Saleh added in an earlier statement (of the Agency news): The Central Bank Law gave the full power of the monetary authority to change the structure of the Iraqi currency, or delete the zeros of which, and the executive and legislative familiar with it, noting that the project needs to be regulation as the instructions are published in the Official Gazette , and the central bank is now in the process configured 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 1:13 AM, screwball said:

The Central Bank Law gave the full power of the monetary authority to change the structure of the Iraqi currency, or delete the zeros of which, and the executive and legislative familiar with it, noting that the project needs to be regulation as the instructions are published in the Official Gazette , and the central bank is now in the process configured 

Who did they give it to? Or is it backwards like it's the Central bank who can change the rate only?