Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US military ends ban on transgender service members

umbertino

Defense secretary Ash Carter says rule that trans people could be involuntarily separated, discharged or denied reenlistment would be dropped immediately

Molly Redden and Amanda Holpuch

Thursday 30 June 2016 20.03 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/30/us-military-ends-ban-transgender-service-members

5 minutes ago, tankdude said:

OK - this is meant as humor, not political commentary -

First it was "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" -  then it became "OK - LBG is fine" - Now it's "OK - LBGT is fine".  I'm just hoping I can retire before it becomes mandatory....

Here's a theoretical loophole, tank......in my view, a heterosexual man could be considered a practicing lesbian.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

From a post else where..Just Passing it on...

A few quick notes on yesterday's disgraceful news that the Pentagon will now allow "transgender" to serve openly in the military.

First, it strikes me that liberals don't want the mentally ill to own guns, yet they want "transgenders" in the armed forces. There seems to be a rather obvious contradiction here. I have to imagine that one of the reasons why "transgenders" were originally banned from service is that they're mentally unstable. It is not bigotry to say that. It's simply the truth. The entire psychological community would have agreed up until 18 seconds ago, when they changed their minds for political reasons.

The reality, however, remains unchanged. "Transgenders" are, by definition, delusional and self-destructive. They're also suicidal. Gender confused people attempt suicide at a rate of about 40 percent. I say that again: 40 PERCENT. And we believe these people are equipped for the mental and physical rigors of combat? It's absurd.

But, second, I know this decision was not practical so we cannot expect practical justifications. Anti-American liberals have set out to fundamentally transform American society, which means fundamentally transforming the institution that protects it. They have turned the military into a Petri dish for social experimentation. The pathological narcissists cannot allow any single thing to keep its own identity and character. Everything must be altered and deformed to please them. And if that means the military is destabilized and people die because of it, they don't care. They just don't care. It's that simple.

Third, I have been fortunate to hear, personally, from dozens of current and former military about this issue. Every single one not only opposes this move but detests it for what it represents. One thing I hear over and over again from service members is that they joined the military to kill the bad guys and defend our nation. They didn't join so that they could take sensitivity classes. They didn't join so that they'd have to worry about using the right pronoun when they speak to the mentally ill man in the dress. If they wanted any of that, they would have enrolled in a gender studies class. The military is not -- or was not, anyway -- a gender studies class.

Fourth, how does this work? A man who "identifies as a woman" has to be treated as a woman in the military? So he'll be treated to the same reduced physical fitness standards, I assume? Madness. Absolute madness.

Fifth, I can just hear ISIS chuckling with glee over this. We continue to turn ourselves into the laughingstock of the world. It's pathetic.

• Upvote 3

***///

Remember when they just got imprisoned so they could force The US Taxpayer to pay for

their "gender re-assignment issues"..?<_<

Now they just enlist and force US to pay over $50,000.00 for it whilst hijacking our V.A. Hospitals and Military medical facilities

to get it.... forcing US Military and Veterans to the back of the line waiting over 6 months for  a life-saving colonoscopy whilst

they get preferential treatment because of their "mental issue situation"....:angry:

The liberals love to coddle the dysfunctional succubus of society just to further their own agenda. Seems THAT's the kind of

following they require in order to accomplish their evil.  And these slave-minded, dependent, whining leeches bow to them and

worship them all in the name of something natural selection should have taken care of long before it ever got to this point. :angry:

Back in the day all these dregs would've been sabre-tooth tiger food.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2016 at 0:10 PM, Shabibilicious said:

Here's a theoretical loophole, tank......in my view, a heterosexual man could be considered a practicing lesbian.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

I'm with you on that Shabbs - been saying for years I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body - it's just recently taken on new meaning...

• Upvote 2

Just for the record, since a post mentions a lot of nonsense that is totally off-base (No pun intended). Fact: transgender, G-A_Y or whatever is determined whilst in the WOMB or whilst birthing. We can see fMRI scans which show abnormal activity, abnormal hormone levels in both fetus and mother when compared to those who develop as heterosexuals. The very idea that a dude would wake-up one day and decide to wear a dress is STUPID ( or he really DID wake-up and decide to wear a dress?!?! Who knows? The brain is a fascinating structure). To say someone is "mentally unsound" because of how they dress is insane. Maybe they desire suicide because of the stress/angst place upon them by society because of the erroneous belief it is a mental problem. Talk about unstable people.....I know plenty from the US Marines and I never saw them in a dress.

Finally, as for, "I joined to fight bad guys and defend the country..." What a load of horse SH is that. Must be a old dude who fought the Krauts or nips in WW II. Why? because NO ONE has defended the country since then. Who are the bad guys? Local LEO funded with federal weapons or CIA-funded terrorist? Oh, sorry, I just repeated myself.  

This knee-jerk non-thinking needs to be called out. Usually I ignore the nonsense, but as a doctor, I know the research findings show something completely different.

Dunno, just saying.....Peace

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///

Thanks for your input on this topic, DOC.... hope you agree with us that their mental issues regarding their gender

should NOT take precedence over Military Members & Veterans who require life-saving medical care.

Are you suggesting the standards of military "triage" treatment will somehow change because of transgenders?  <_<

GO RV, then BV  

***///

It already is going on.  We did the homework... now you do yours.

You're obviously out of touch with what is happening in our V.A. system to the nth degree we are.

Watch Washington... watch The Pentagon... watch the left's continued demoralization of our Armed Forces.

Talk to those immediately engaged inside the V.A. -- at every level, as are we....

Why don't you have 'chelsea' manning over for dinner he/she will lay it out quite clearly for you.

Then explain to all of US why her/his case took/takes precedence over the rest of US...? :angry:

• Upvote 1

Hey gals. Always happy to see your replies. OK, lets begin with something that I think should be made clear: chromosomes determine your sex. pretty simple. I don't care how you feel about yourself, if "its a man, baby. Watch out, Nigel!" then that's what you are. IF the organization which you join (doesn't matter which one either) accepts you are a dude in a woman's dress, then so be it. As for benefits you are entitled to by being part of that organization, then that's what you get-nothing MORE or LESS. I don't believe anyone gets more than they AGREED to. Now, if there is a policy change while working/under contract with these folks, then you have the option to see benefit from that policy change. Again, nothing MORE or LESS. A man uses the MEN's ROOM. Don't like it? Don't join that organization. Feel special? Yeah, well so do I. I got nothing special being a Jew in the military and, in fact, was given extra duty on Christmas and told to piss-off when asking for time-off on our holidays. Guess what? I lived! I got over it, accepted it for what it is and told myself, "Well, I signed the contract...".

So to answer your question: There is to be NO queue jumping in receiving health benefits from the VA. Some claims will be dealt with fast than others (that only makes sense), but the very idea you are so-special because you "feel" like another person is IMHO: tough SH........

Keep up the good posts, girls. Love you long-time.

• Upvote 1

***///

Cheers, DOC ! :tiphat:

Yuh, we get that 'special duty' bit...

one of us went through our career as  a Christian Scientist.... that came with it's own drama... :facepalm2:

Priority treatment for Roy-elle because he/she is going to put a gun in his mouth if they don't cut off

his Johnson -- over the Veteran or Active  Duty Troop who has cancerous polyps growin' outta the butt like

stalagmites really p's us off ! :angry:

$50,000.00 US Taxpayer dollars and a new pair of melons later, Roy-elle gets to use the Ladies room at

the Officers Club. 

Meanwhile, a casket bearing our Hero who died - too soon - from cancerous polyps is quietly laid to rest ....

why?

Because the V.A. was told to address Roy-elle's "mental issue/gender identity crisis" first and pushed our hero's

appointments way, way down the line... and lied about it on the appointment logs no less so ho'bummer could

tell all his rainbow pals he was doin' right by them in his "new" military..... <_< ho'bummer is such a johnson.

• Upvote 1

EXACTLY! Bigwave. Look at the opposite" Suppose I wanted to make my unit 2 feet long (I don't even know if that is possible...yet), the organization I joined is suppose to pay for that? That is insane. Why not botox? Facial reconstruction surgery just for kicks? Where does it end? XX, XY that what you are. Deal with it as best you can, save your money and do the deed when you get out. if the policy allows for transgender folks to join, then the rest of the troops need some education/adjustment, but that's it. if the military wants to offer some program that allows you to "save up" similar to the GI Bill then OK. Put YOUR money aside and try to save. Again, lifestyle choices can be linked to events in the womb/birthing. So to hate on someone for something they have no control over is not fair, but neither is them feeling they need to be treated special because of that.

Hmmmm. Gals, might hurt in the END, but for you all, I accept!! Take it like a man, baby. Dunno, just saying....Ouch!

14 hours ago, Thaiexpat said:

EXACTLY! Bigwave. Look at the opposite" Suppose I wanted to make my unit 2 feet long (I don't even know if that is possible...yet), the organization I joined is suppose to pay for that? That is insane. Why not botox? Facial reconstruction surgery just for kicks? Where does it end? XX, XY that what you are. Deal with it as best you can, save your money and do the deed when you get out. if the policy allows for transgender folks to join, then the rest of the troops need some education/adjustment, but that's it. if the military wants to offer some program that allows you to "save up" similar to the GI Bill then OK. Put YOUR money aside and try to save. Again, lifestyle choices can be linked to events in the womb/birthing. So to hate on someone for something they have no control over is not fair, but neither is them feeling they need to be treated special because of that.

Hmmmm. Gals, might hurt in the END, but for you all, I accept!! Take it like a man, baby. Dunno, just saying....Ouch!

Say what? Your unit is not 2 feet long? I thought every one was at least 18'

better quit outing yourself doc!

:D