Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is white America blind on racism?

umbertino

Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the US. Here I realised how easy it is for the majority to ignore the black minority and live in a bubble of privilege

Saturday 18 June 2016 09.00 BST

By Clive Myrie

2260.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f
‘Curiously, attitudes were similar in the 1960s, at the height of the civil rights movement … most white people had absolutely no idea what Martin Luther King [above] was trying to do.’
Photograph: AP

• Upvote 1

while my birth certificate and family tree don't seem to be in agreement...I have lived a minority my entire 6+ decades...Umbertino...let me tell you....anything that tries to broad brush this issue as the title of this article implies...is WRONG and will only tend to foster more separation....more racism...more division as people take sides...

over these years I have met and had to deal with more bigots than I care to think about however, the people that did the most for me over the same period of time came from the so-called majority .....and they were in no way blind to racism in ANY of its ugly forms....

flatly for so many people who consider themselves Christians but spout and believe in racist ideology I could point to many Scriptures that if understood would shut their mouths...but I will quote just one that makes the case:

he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

walk a mile in my shoes friend.....

• Upvote 3

I must say I am disappointed in this inflammatory post.  Why say, "Is white America blind on racism"?  Racism of varying degrees knows no racial or ethnic boundaries, time, geographical location, or age - if life, social, and cultural events are viewed only from a perspective of racism.  I suspect most balanced and observant people would see through the rhetoric and understand the typical claim of the "underprivileged" is they are a victim of racism to advance their own form of racism to attain some exclusive privileges or exclusion of personal responsibilities.  Rule of Law applies to everyone regardless of race or ethnic origin for the health and stability of any society.

• Upvote 1

For the last 20 years or so, I have attended churches that are multi-racial, most with a black senior pastor.  I am white; many of my closest friends are black.  Most of us have developed in our Christian walk to the point that we look beyond the color of skin.  One thing I learned from my black friends is that before they got saved, they  had as many racist views of white people as vice versa.  Some of them HATED white people. 

You know, Umbertino, I have viewed your posts for a long time and have always deemed them to be divisive.  And derogatory to the United States.  Why do you spend so much time digging up dirt on us?  We know we are not perfect.  Everything you post, any of us who surf the web at all have seen.  I can appreciate the desire to create debate, but it gets old.  You have a right to post this crap; I have a right to not like it.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

For the last 20 years or so, I have attended churches that are multi-racial, most with a black senior pastor.  I am white; many of my closest friends are black.  Most of us have developed in our Christian walk to the point that we look beyond the color of skin.  One thing I learned from my black friends is that before they got saved, they  had as many racist views of white people as vice versa.  Some of them HATED white people. 

You know, Umbertino, I have viewed your posts for a long time and have always deemed them to be divisive.  And derogatory to the United States.  Why do you spend so much time digging up dirt on us?  We know we are not perfect.  Everything you post, any of us who surf the web at all have seen.  I can appreciate the desire to create debate, but it gets old.  You have a right to post this crap; I have a right to not like it.

Amen, Sister!

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

For the last 20 years or so, I have attended churches that are multi-racial, most with a black senior pastor. 

that is exactly like the church that I pastor.....and have pastored for 31 years since I founded the ministry..."sick" people even other pastors have tried to "divide" us for years....I remember in the early '90's Christianity Today ran an article that said the "Best churches are homogenous".....I was LIVID...and preached from 

he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

and 

Rev 7:9  After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

there is no "color division in the family of GOD !!!

• Upvote 6

Hey Umberto, Thanks for your posts. Like I said before, "Where do you find the time?"

The problem isn't that Americans are "racist", the problem is that government thinks they have the power to legislate the hatred. the Civil Rights Act of 1990 further made it a "crime" to be openly so in public/commercial endeavors. Is it wrong? Do most American find racism abhorrent behavior. Of course. Does society need to try to prevent such activities? Certianly. However, someone can be charged with a hate-crime (and there are many forms) or in violation of the Civil Right's Act and the burden of proof lies upon them that they didn't. Kinda backwards. Quota system is an easy example of that. If you don't hired enough whatever, you can be investigated. School are required to admit x number from certain groups. Sorry, I never saw any of that in the Constitution. I do think all American have a right to left alone. If you want to be a hater, your business. I wont go to your business. Dunno, just saying...Peace

• Upvote 2

Really, this person who wote this article is racist or plain stupid in my humble opinion. I am an asian/islander.  One thing I have seen in my short life here on this earth that within every groups of peopole, ethnicities and countries there are racisim.  My first experience on racisim in the US was from black person.  So to say that only white people are racisit is a bull crap, excuse my language.  I am sick and tired of hearing from black people or communiites that white people are racist.  Yes, there are racisim in white communities and as so in black, asian, Hispanic and other races.  If you keep bringing racisim here, that means you might be also racist, just a thought.  

• Upvote 1

Last nite we hosted a gathering where there were several First Nations tribe members in attendance, a New Zelander, and a couple from Bermuda, and yes, my son who happens to be black... And yes there were even a few "white folk" (hmmm...funny how you can be from dozens of ethnic backgrounds but just called "white" and that's acceptable but not if your of other skin pigmentation) :huh:...just wanted to report...we all got along great!!! Amazing ain't it!!! ;)

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 4

Wake up - "YES" racism is alive & kickin' in the USA & every country on the planet.

Will it ever go away - Not bleeding likely! But, lets not think that racism only is white against black, it is black against white too.

In the last few decades we see a trend of allowing everyone to come into our country & if you look real close: Blacks & whites are the new MINORITIES!

Latino's are the majority. LOL Talk about opening a whole new can of worms! :(

There are racist in every corner of the globe. There are also those who choose to play the race card for their own political agenda. We have a president who has played that card more than any politician I have known. With the help of radicals like Al Sharpton and his cronies this country has become more divided than ever. The radical left plays this card in an attempt to convince America that conservatives are bigots. I am a conservative but the members of my family that are bigots are good ol boy southern democrats. So get a grip on reality. Satan will use whatever he can to divide people and America is playing right into his hands.

Edited by darwinatridge
  • Upvote 3

Really stirred up the "white folk" this time.

umbert do you not have a response?

you recived comments from some of the most venerable people on this site. Not me.:o

serious question, do you truly not see that the "news stories" you bring are mostly left leaning yellow journalism?

conservitives are NOT pure as the drivin snow but there are just as many left leaners with an self serving opinion piece in the world.

my grand father pointed out to me one that opinion's are like azzholes. EVERYBODY has one!

i have one Child who is a "gimme gimme" I have two others who bust their azz every day!

maybe the 2nd Thessalonians  was right, you don't work? You don't eat.

p.s. My lazy child has begun to turn the corner. 4 years in prison and 15 years worth of drug addictions have opened her eyes.

time will tell. But it took a you don't work you don't eat life to make the seed of responsibility take root and grow.

Edited by Muleslayer
Fleshing out my snarky.
  • Upvote 1

I think the real issue is the belief that one is entitled to something, whether its some type of assistance or to be protected against the various forms of hatred. Unfortunately, you AINT. The sooner a person realizes life isn't fair, they might stop looking at all things as "racism". Now, some might argue, "What about the Jim Crow laws?" of recent memory (hence the Civil Right's Act of 1964). This argument is rather weak for the following: it was government policy to limit the freedoms and potential of a certain group. Therefore, it was blatantly illegal and immoral. But it existed because certain sectors of America promoted its application. It was institutionalize hatred. People were denied their constitutional/natural rights. But government steps-in and declares its a statue making it illegal to act/speak in a particular manner. The 9th Amendment affirmed certain ideas in protection rights. So, now we have the RIGHT from being exposed to hate-speech or hateful activity. Sure, any government institution that would do such would suffer the fate of violating a person's natural right, However, provided I DONT limit your freedoms, pursue of happiness, seize property, etc. How does that bother you? As a Jew, I fully support the KKK or wacko Nazi's in their rallies. It is their right and no where do I see a natural right to protect your candy-a$$ from some meanie who sprouts out utter crap. You are entitled to be LEFT ALONE. As am I in how I think and feel. Dunno, just saying...Peace

• Upvote 1

***///

HEAR, HEAR, DOC...!:tiphat:

And 3 cheers to all of you who posted to take a stand against this

vile tool used by the left (like kommie UMBERTINO) to tear US apart.

Propaganda merchants like UMBE need to understand we ain't buyin' what he and his masters are sellin'....

Hey UMBE... why don't you dedicate your time to try to save the people of Venezuela who are suffering madly

under the kind of gubmnet you seem to relish so much.....<_<

You're a tool for insanity, a kind of depraved madness proven time and again to be the enemy of Humanity.

Our Freedoms and way of life suggest we should let you speak your mind --- albeit tolerant, SHEDAGAL is right

about your kommie mantra attacking US being tiresome, loathsome, undeserved and despicable.

Not to mention especially vile considering so many US Veterans here. You continue to attempt to outwardly insult,

degrade and minimize our contributions to keeping the world safe from monsters like your own evil masters.

Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

p.s. My lazy child has begun to turn the corner. 4 years in prison and 15 years worth of drug addictions have opened her eyes.

time will tell. But it took a you don't work you don't eat life to make the seed of responsibility take root and grow.

...and a lot of prayer and tears.

I'm glad you have stuck with the 'Promise' within her and did not cast her aside.

A parents heartache is one thing we all share regardless the color of our skin.

• Upvote 1

no where do I see a natural right to protect your candy-a$$ from some meanie who sprouts out utter crap. You are entitled to be LEFT ALONE.

preach it Brother.

jewish? Perhaps I know nothing of the Jewish.

you sound southern baptist with a healthy dose of Glad tidings assembly of g o d to boot!:o

in any case I am waiting for your response Umbertino.………