Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What is the best, effective, organic way to lower my blood pressure and cholesterol?

Update Folks: It has been 6 months now that I started on niacin. At first I was taking 25 mg.  At this time, I am currently taking 2000 mg to 2500 mg. With little to no burn. Though since we are heading into winter, I may fair better will the chills because of the niacin. All to say if niacin therapy for high cholesterol is for you, but you feel the burn, try as I did. Start out at whatever dose you can tolerate and slowly build up to a therapeutic level of 2000 - 2500 mg. I take 1000 mgs just after breakfast and dinner . Take care. 

• Upvote 2

blood pressure usually increases as weight increases, so what you could do is to exercise regularly and have a healthy diet. you also need to reduce sodium intake and limit the amount of alcohol you drink.

To lower cholesterol, try eating oats for breakfast, also eating Salmon and fatty fish helps lower cholesterol.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 2:10 PM, new york kevin said:

Update Folks: It has been 6 months now that I started on niacin. At first I was taking 25 mg.  At this time, I am currently taking 2000 mg to 2500 mg. With little to no burn. Though since we are heading into winter, I may fair better will the chills because of the niacin. All to say if niacin therapy for high cholesterol is for you, but you feel the burn, try as I did. Start out at whatever dose you can tolerate and slowly build up to a therapeutic level of 2000 - 2500 mg. I take 1000 mgs just after breakfast and dinner . Take care. 

I was taking niacin when my cholesterol was at its worst, 3x a day 1000 mg. Its at normal levels now. It was at 340  and teiglisorides were at a level the doc said I could drop dead at any minute, but here I am.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2016 at 9:05 AM, jg1 said:

I was taking niacin when my cholesterol was at its worst, 3x a day 1000 mg. Its at normal levels now. It was at 340  and teiglisorides were at a level the doc said I could drop dead at any minute, but here I am.

At my worst,  my cholesterol levels (cholesterol and triglycerides combined) literally were off the charts. It was so high that they couldn't test one or the other, they couldn't test the triglycerides me thinks. Now they are down within range, but from statins, which 6 or 7 months ago were giving me wicked knee pain. Now no knee pain. I am due for a check up within a few months I will update what the blood levels are then.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

At my worst,  my cholesterol levels (cholesterol and triglycerides combined) literally were off the charts. It was so high that they couldn't test one or the other, they couldn't test the triglycerides me thinks. Now they are down within range, but from statins, which 6 or 7 months ago were giving me wicked knee pain. Now no knee pain. I am due for a check up within a few months I will update what the blood levels are then.

So happy to hear. I was having terrible heart palpitations all day, extremly dizy, thrushing in my ears, migraines.

jg1: Are you taking the niacin on a regular basis? Hit and miss does not allow you to keep a therapeutic level of niacin in your blood system to do the intended job. Cuz as a Nurse your symptoms can be attributed to many things. My first thought is high blood pressure and or a heart valve issue. Do me a favor if you can,  get it all checked out with a Cardiologist . Por favor, Sir.

1 hour ago, new york kevin said:

jg1: Are you taking the niacin on a regular basis? Hit and miss does not allow you to keep a therapeutic level of niacin in your blood system to do the intended job. Cuz as a Nurse your symptoms can be attributed to many things. My first thought is high blood pressure and or a heart valve issue. Do me a favor if you can,  get it all checked out with a Cardiologist . Por favor, Sir.

All those symptoms I discribed are mostly past tense. I used to take it regularly but now I just take it now and then until my symptoms go away. Im a real slacker. Blood pressure never a problem in the past. A couple years ago I went through a lot of tests including treadmill and passed. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, new york kevin said:

Just had to check - what's your diet like?  Here is some of the latest info on cholesterol that might help. I know I was surprised to find out about the insulin and HMG-CoA reductase interaction. It does explain a number of things to me though.

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/food/cholesterol/

Sounds like a ketogenic style diet might be a good thing to try. I also personally take a liquid redox supplement that in initial clinical trials has been shown to reduce oxidized LDL levels.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

One of the things that I have used that has seemed to help with my cholesterol is Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother.  There are several popular brands like Braggs, etc.  I am now buying 1 gallon generic ACV with the mother from Walmart.  I have done everything listed above with some benefit but nothing like what I am now getting with ACV.  I recognize what works for one may not work for all.  Just another idea as we battle to stay healthy.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:19 AM, new york kevin said:

Niacin, I returned to it for like 8 months. I got use to it then the burn returned with a vengence. I tried and appreciate the advice. For now the search continues. God Bless to all.

Yep. If you stop taking it, and then take it again says later, yes you will feel the burn. Doctor reccomended for me taking a baby aspirin 15 min before taking the Niacin. 

On 5/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, nstoolman1 said:

I use it. I take 125mg 2 x a day. I get the flush. If I take it before I shower I don't notice it as much.

It did raise my HDL from 35 to 45 so I can't complain. 

Good luck in your search 

I buy mine in bulk. First just a tablespoon in glass of water and drink it down, Times it would guzzle it to get it down and it would would come through my nose and lungs ECT. 

Now I buy the 00 capsules, 1000 mg, 2 times a day. Still here.