Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Faulty GPS or People Being Too Trusting???

RodandStaff

Woman Assumes Her GPS Can't Be Wrong, So She Follows Its Commands Straight Into A Lake

CipQ00pVEAI0Kh5.jpg

Come on!! Serious?! Word to the wise... if you see a large body of water... DO NOT GO INTO IT! Even if your GPS says so! 

Via Mashable:

“A woman in Tobermory, Ontario drove down a boat ramp and into Lake Huron last Thursday thanks to faulty directions from her GPS.

According to the Canadian Press, the woman (who did not want to be identified for understandable reasons) was attempting to navigate a nighttime fog, and depended a little too heavily on the GPS to lead her in the right direction.

Luckily, she was able to roll down the window, retrieve her purse and clamber out of the car before it started to sink. She is reportedly doing just fine, with no injuries other than a few technological trust issues.”  (Yeah...I bet!!! :rolleyes:)

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

The first time I ever used a GPS was when I lived in Nashville and it told me to drive right through one of the College Campus's....first of all, it was unto a sidewalk and not a road, and secondly it was blocked off by metal posts...probably because too many people tried to drive on the sidewalk!!! :rolleyes:  I have never fully trusted them since!  We gotta keep our map reading skills alive "just in case"!!! ;)

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

lol that sucks! to be known for that. in her defense there was fog. i remember driving through fog, and i couldnt see 5 feet in front of me, i was SCARED and pulled over and just chilled.. but she def should not have been relying on a gps, that thing has screwed me over and over again. bahahahaha good times

• Upvote 1