Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 20 April 2016

Adam Montana

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying.........

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

7 hours ago, eburt said:

Thanks Adam for update.....:D

Thanks for the great news Adam !! :D and as always for the relentless work you do on all our behalf keeping us updated and in the loop buddy. 

I am ecstatic this arduous ride/journey is coming to a successful conclusion for all of us DinarVets ......whew I did have my doubts for sure but not 

anymore Yikes !! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rockydabull said:

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying........ 

aren't you just a ray of sunshine!!! 

Thanks for your perspective - it does have that tinge of thought to it; but Iraq needs to import items as well, and a low exchange rate hurts their economy!

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Rockydabull said:

Although I would just love to be wrong.  The dinar is not going to revalue for several more years to come. Iraq is a total mess now and until it ever opens up to foreigners for visits and vacations, they have no reason to revalue their dinar.  Just saying.........

Looks like they are to me!  In fact - looks like some wonderful hotels...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Vacation_Packages-g659505-Erbil_Erbil_Province-Vacations.html

• Upvote 2

I was looking at about $100-150 a night for rooms at TripAdvisor in Erbil.  They also had Baghdad packages.

Personally - I want to get back to Kirkuk. I spent almost a year there and the area is actually very pretty, and the city has some really picturesque areas.

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, Adam Montana said:

Morning citizens and visitors of DV!

I love it when Iraq makes things simple for me.

I mean I really, really, really love it!

For weeks and months, we've been at a standstill with Iraq. No progress, nothing to really talk about. But if you've been reading the news over the last week, starting on about Saturday... 

... it looks like the time has come for change. In fact, it looks like al Sadr is on a rampage!

All you have to do is skim this thread:

And you're going to see that after the weeks and months of dragging feet, we're on the road to be back in business.

Iraq doesn't want to sit stale and stagnant, any more than we want to witness it. We haven't heard a peep about the HCL in months, and it seemed like nobody was going to do anything about it.

Looks like that changed, so let's hope for some good news out of this little shake-up.

:twothumbs:

Simple enough, right? Here's the weekly Q's:

Computers... BLECH! :lol:  What a nightmare that was... now it's been reduced to less than a migraine, just a massive headache. 

And YES - the turmoil! It's about darn time something happened, I'm looking for good news to come out of this.

I've stated many many times that I don't think we're looking for a "date and rate" - I believe we are looking for a set of circumstances, which includes a lot of what we already have and also the all-important HCL. Hopefully we'll be getting back to work on that very soon, in the aftermath of the current situation Parliament is in.

But if we have to pick a rate.... how does $1 sound? :) 

That's a fluid question right now, due to the situation I posted above.

We will see. :twothumbs:

You are definitely correct about the GOI not getting anything done recently. Hopefully we are witnessing what will be a major turning point for them right now.

:twothumbs:

A new IQD10 would be worth whatever the CBI sets the exchange rate at.

It may remain pegged, or it could float. My opinion is that the CBI will do whatever is in it's best interests (whichever is most profitable). Will other currencies be affected? At least somewhat, but the value of the IQD isn't going to have a direct effect on, for example, the amount of USD in circulation, the USAs debt obligations, the credit worthiness of the US, etc.

I think your line of questioning is trying to figure out where the wealth will come from. Let's ask a different question: When the value of the IQD plummeted from 3:1 to 1:2000 USD:IQD, where did that wealth go? Was the USD suddenly made stronger? Did it have any major effect on the USD, or any other currency? No, it did not. This is a fiat currency that we are talking about. If it was required that the value be attached to something physical, like gold, it would be a different story. But in this case, the value does not have to be tied to anything.

That takes most of the logic and reasoning out of the equation. And for us, that is a good thing. :twothumbs: 

====================== / / / ===========================

Until next time, friends!

:tiphat: 

This is a fiat currency that we are talking about. If it was required that the value be attached to something physical, like gold, it would be a different story. But in this case, the value does not have to be tied to anything.

That takes most of the logic and reasoning out of the equation. And for us, that is a good thing. :twothumbs: "

-Adam Montana

=================

I love this statement; It's almost poetry.

Edited by magawatt
Attribution
  • Upvote 2

Cheers Adam!! Can't wait to toast in person......in Belize..........with everyone, especially those of us who've been here for many years, wishing, praying and hoping for this wonderful blessing to come into our lives!!! I hope this train comes into the station very soon!!

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I'll prefer it to be with Adam! And all you awesome, patient, people!!!!!! GO RV!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Hey, what happened to the Animal Strippers??  I was getting so excited.  I'm thinking Adam is just making up the good news to postpone my party.  Now all I have to look at is that Raunchy picture of Davis in his Thong.  Anyone ever wonder what his wife thinks???  Or what about his teenage daughter???   What a family.  I'm just happy to be his bestest friend.  Nasty Animals forever Buddy.

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, jimbarnhardt said:

Cheers Adam!! Can't wait to toast in person......in Belize..........with everyone, especially those of us who've been here for many years, wishing, praying and hoping for this wonderful blessing to come into our lives!!! I hope this train comes into the station very soon!!

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I'll prefer it to be with Adam! And all you awesome, patient, people!!!!!! GO RV!!!!!!!

Great sentiments Jim...and I totally agree...maybe we can get some special micro brews shipped into Belize just for this occasion...or we could always set up a mini-brew station in Belize for all the visiting DVer's just so they never go thirsty my friend!!! :eyebrows: 

Sandfly Adam and crew for all you do....and cheers!!! :cheesehead:

• Upvote 1