Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

JOHN WAYNE VARIETY SHOW...

moose 57

Watching that brought home what is missing from America.

No matter what show, there was always the underlying theme.

Now, all those voices of reason are drowned out by insanity.

I really had no idea how good we had it back then.

Wasn't "rich", ran around barefoot, torn knees, bee stings, and lots of stitches. 

Life wasn't "perfect", but one thing for sure, I didn't have to worry about getting killed by a stray bullet in a drive by, or have to memorize rival gang members in order to walk home from school without being shot.

No wonder kids today are totally screwed up.

Thanks for the memory.

• Upvote 3

On 4/18/2016 at 9:10 AM, divemaster5734 said:

Watching that brought home what is missing from America.

No matter what show, there was always the underlying theme.

Now, all those voices of reason are drowned out by insanity.

I really had no idea how good we had it back then.

Wasn't "rich", ran around barefoot, torn knees, bee stings, and lots of stitches. 

Life wasn't "perfect", but one thing for sure, I didn't have to worry about getting killed by a stray bullet in a drive by, or have to memorize rival gang members in order to walk home from school without being shot.

No wonder kids today are totally screwed up.

Thanks for the memory.

Divemaster, you are so right. We did have it good back then. Lets not forget leaving the doors opened and unlocked with just a screen door when going to the store. You didn't have to worry about being burglarized. Neighbors looked out for one another. Times have really changed. I pray that some day we get back to the Good Ole Days.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Moose that was so nice.  All of our "Old Greats".  Did bring back that feeling of when life was easier.  Oh how I miss life as it use to be. We didn't have much at that time but there was a sense of peace that we don't have any more. Life was slower and it felt like we didn't have as much to worry about as we do today.  Now we have more but with that comes so much more fear and worry.

• Upvote 1