Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where has the interest gone?

Antietam

• 4 weeks later...

Considering that ISIS had taken control of several cities and there banks ISIS is sitting on a lot of Dinar.

If they ever RV then they would give the enemy a huge increase in the ISIS held dinar.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT ? I just listed my last million on craigslist for $850.

My wife has 3 million in the safe deposit at the bank, she wants to wait a little longer. We had 8 million. Obama blew it.

Iraq will have to RD. RV won't happen. It is over.

Sell, Sell, Sell.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

PD41

You could be right about this, and you might be right about the RD. 

As big and bad as ISIS seems to be, perhaps they are not “all that”.  History illustrates people and groups like these sprinkled through time…………. and it always ends the same for them.

Specifically to your statement on the ISIS holdings of IQD………and remembering that as with most current central banking systems that only about 10% of currency is physical, the other is digital, you should take a look at these 2 articles.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35291574

The point of this next article is that they are targeting these banks.

http://www.newsweek.com/us-led-coalition-targets-isis-banks-mosul-strikes-426604

The US has an advantage in  IT capabilities over ISIS.  This advantage is being used to slowly but surely hunt down these ISIS electronic trans-actions and close down the sources.

So you destroy what they have………….and you also cut off the flow of cash.

The Russians came in and did the common sense thing and blew up the pipe lines and tanker convoys known to be supplying ISIS oil for money.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/us.russian.jets.team.up.for.first.time.to.destroy.isis.oil.field.pipelines.in.syria/68628.htm

https://www.rt.com/news/322614-russian-warplanes-isis-oil-trucks/

ISIS is being diminished every day, but because ISIS is so brutal they get a lot of press.  Most of the weapons they have are what we left behind or Malaki arranged for them to have when he ordered his troops to with draw from various sites and leave everything behind.

I agree with you on the short comings of Obama, but all of this is much more involved than just his incompetence.

Lastly, thanks for posting your opinion.  This is what makes this site a good one.  People can discuss opinions respectfully without being bounced out.  I am glad to hear that your wife will be keeping her IQD a while longer.  My fear for you is that you might have to live a life time of hearing “I told you so” from that same Lady!

Enjoy your day!

• Upvote 5

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:18 AM, caz1104 said:

My Grandmother sank the last of her life's savings ($12.47) into a newspaper subscription (newspaper folded shortly there after). No refund was available, and her lawyer (Schister & Schister) told her chances of re-imbursement was zip(new legal term).  She was is such low spirits and felt "scammed" by the boyscout that had talked her into it. I tried talking to her as did many other family, friends, & church members but to no avail. Finally last night she stood over a ledge ( a curb.....she's 88 years old, that's like a 50 story building to her) and threaten to jump. Police, the Fire Dept, & a Suicide Prevention  Team were dispatched. After hours of tireless discussion , she finally (with the help of a ladder) was talked off the ledge. Ultimately it wasn't anything said or done that stopped a possible devastating tragedy. No, she remembered that she just got a "Best of Merv Griffin" VHS tape earlier in the day and wanted to watch it along with a Banquet frozen dinner(she now very hungry).  Now tomorrow may bring different results, but I pray she'll be in a better place and realize that she has family & friends to help her through tough times.  

I bring this up cuase here in Da Tank I've read many similar tales. Family & church members seem to be a common thread (tugs at the emotions better), and makes the tale more believable. LOPsters look for others to join in their misery....................don't let. Be your own person & don't let these disgruntled investors/speculators spew their own form of hate.  

Seriously folks people that have addictive or gullible personalities are prone to being "scammed" or talked out of or into situations daily. If you feel "scammed" by this or any financial venture..................sell for whatever you can get and move on. If you spent your life savings........................while I feel for ya..................you made a bad decision doing so - IMO. But blaming others 1) won't change anything ,  2) accept responsibility & 3) learn from it.

BUMP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow. Things really went dark.. Just figured you guys have been around long enough to know that NOTHING happens before , during or after Ramadan you  were observing ( fasting from posting) early.   

Hope Granny is OK.. Curbs are really a challenge for 80 year olds.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Well It looks like we are in for another loooong ride till they begin haggling over the next budget.  Even Luigi1 is having a hrd time finding understandable garbage.

Coorslite21 did bring up a good point about the about the BIS. I believe back in 2010 Shabibi was called to the BISHQ .  I believe it was with regard to the CBIs plans to exchange IQD.. My thoughts are that Shabibi told them there was none!!! The CBI would not buy IQD if presented for settlement, PERIOD.. When the central banks were made aware , that is when they stopped dealing in IQD.  They could  not expect to recover their costs legitimately. What is more if  Shabibi's  position was based on the position that IQD removed from the country was contraband (stolen) member banks would be prohibited from  holding IQD in accounts outside of Iraq.

I believe , as far as anyone making a profit in this speculation it would require a change in CBI policy. THIS would require approval of the MOF and GOI first. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 7/22/2016 at 1:22 PM, rockfl9 said:

Well It looks like we are in for another loooong ride till they begin haggling over the next budget.  Even Luigi1 is having a hrd time finding understandable garbage.

Coorslite21 did bring up a good point about the about the BIS. I believe back in 2010 Shabibi was called to the BISHQ .  I believe it was with regard to the CBIs plans to exchange IQD.. My thoughts are that Shabibi told them there was none!!! The CBI would not buy IQD if presented for settlement, PERIOD.. When the central banks were made aware , that is when they stopped dealing in IQD.  They could  not expect to recover their costs legitimately. What is more if  Shabibi's  position was based on the position that IQD removed from the country was contraband (stolen) member banks would be prohibited from  holding IQD in accounts outside of Iraq.

I believe , as far as anyone making a profit in this speculation it would require a change in CBI policy. THIS would require approval of the MOF and GOI first. 

Pretty good Rock.............Any points I have posted about the BIS have nothing to do with anything in your post.  Your entire post on Shabibi and 2010 is pure speculation on your part.  In the future if you want to post on fantasy and speculation please don't use my screen name to try to validate your thought process.  Nice to see you posting again though, stay well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry Coors , I thought to give you some credit for understanding international banking.  OK you will herewith be unnamed in further posts.

But it is fact that Shabibi .visited the BIS in 2010. True it is not unusual for a central bank governor.

Also true that is about the time many banks stopped dealing in Dinar .. Putting the two together were my thoughts.  Fact is that you cannot find a bank that will buy/sell dinar today.  Why not??? They could easily ask for profitable fees to do so!!! They do it for nearly all other currencies..  The process would be the same. It seems the dealers  can get their  hands on clean , fresh IQD at will and make at least $100 on a sale.  

Anyway, I am well, thanks . Hope you are also.  Ditto CAZ. 

On 7/22/2016 at 1:22 PM, rockfl9 said:

THIS would require approval of the MOF and GOI first. 

No it doesn't....Nice try thou....:lol:

Finance Committee: issuing banknotes which include the marshes and Antiquities does not need to enact a law

07/20/2016

Finance Committee: issuing banknotes which include the marshes and Antiquities does not need to enact a law

BAGHDAD / JD / .. the parliamentary finance committee confirmed, that the issuance of banknote by the Central Bank of Iraq, which included the marsh sites and relics does not require new legislation.
A member of the committee MP Ahmed Sarhan told / KD / that "the Central Bank Law gave permission to a central cash by issuing new editions, where the central bank when it issued the 50,000 dinars edition did not consult any party."
He added that "the central bank's intention to issue banknotes which include the marshes and relics sites after practice those areas within the World Heritage does not require new legislation in parliament," adding it was "a nice idea to the marshes and areas of archaeological keep in mind when included in the cash editions."
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) voted on the inclusion of the Iraqi marshlands and areas of archaeological sites in the World Heritage.
The central bank had announced its intention to issue banknotes bearing archaeological sites and marshes logo after Alaalmi.anthy included in the heritage 8 /
  • Upvote 3

Think about, and research this Rock……& BTW thanks for the kind words…….I don’t know any more than you, or anyone else on all of this……I just read a lot and have some unique life experiences…..

Banks in the USA do not sell, or deal in IQD as a rule.  However, if you are traveling to Iraq, and can prove it…..or you are a business doing your business over there, the Big 4 Banks can hook you up with Iraqi currency.  The exchange rate is high and you would do better just exchanging in the green zone when you get there, or use a Schwab account that has no fees for an exchange event.

The Peoples Bank of China….PBOC…….and multiple banks in Singapore and Hong Kong will sell you / exchange IQD……I know this first hand……..You will need to be an account holder with these banks to complete these trans-actions.

Furthermore……There are about 60 countries using the Central Banking system.  Many of these  are required to hold currencies of the countries they do business with.  If the IQD was worthless why would these banks affiliated with the Central banking system be required to hold these funds……again…..…if they were worthless?

I understand your thought process in all of this……..you might just dig a bit deeper.  Wish you well!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Great post Yota.....!!!

• Upvote 2