Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where has the interest gone?

Antietam

25 minutes ago, Antietam said:

You should know all about BS, caz, as you are the chief spouter  of it down here in the realistic thinkers section.  But I am quite sure that your persistent railings  against free thinkers down here  has rewarded you handsomely in the shill-like hall of fame .  Go cash your check.  You're the only one making money on the dinar, now aren't you?

Since when did constant "negativity" constitute "free thinking"? Hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.......... but not valid.

• Downvote 1

I don't like any of the official candidates.  I would like to see a White Horse come out of the conventions. Both Hillarious and Trump would be disasters!  I cant imagine listening to either one giving a major address.

The best Republican in my view would be Colin Powell If he could be convinced of a call to duty , second choice Don Rumsfeld ... Both good for national security and Foreign policy.

Dems could call on Jeb Bush ..   I'm sure he would take the nomination

On 3/29/2016 at 0:04 PM, Antietam said:

Running true to form, caz.  Go collect your chèck.  You earned it.  I am a little surprised at shabs, however, as his disparaging comments about newyorkkevin  is unlike him.  Maybe shabs doesn't like. or respect kevin.  Maybe I missed a dispute between them some time in the past.  Hey Kevin  how do you feel about caz and Shabs essentially saying you are a fool to respond the way you did to my post?  Guard dogs get paid.  Just remember that.  Follow the money and find the fat man.  Actually my thread is on the up and up.  If you watch the posting dates upstairs you will notice a substantial drop in interest in this speculation.  The lobster pot is always active,  but very little interest upstairs.  Makes  me wonder.  And by the way caz, I  ever said I scammed my family members into buying dinar.  Actually, it was them and others that convinced me to not be "left behjnd".  Noone scammed me, except maybe the gurus.    My family and friends were just wrong.  Many have sold out already.  So get your facts right Caz, before you flap your lips.   You have no credibility.    Go sell some dongs to shabs.  Split the commission with him.

Well Antietam: Based on the posts Shabi and Caz have made on this thread I think you may agree that I was right on the mark when I called them out in my original comment above, and with so little evidence at that time. My guess is that Shabi and Caz are on the no fly lists of many countries, including all Mid East countries and the U.S. , as they are known hijackers. Your initial question was valid and remains a legitimate point of discussion - where has the enthusiasm gone. Hijackers that have no ability to carry on an adult conversation with people they may be have been on opposite sides of a thread on. They lack intelligence and an ability to be able to agree or dis-agree with a person without reverting to high school level DNC demeaning tactics. Oopidstays they are.  They cannot just state the facts an let others decide for themselves. 

The wise Rodney Dangerfield once said, " If you wanna look skinny then hang around fat people." In Shabi's and Caz's case, inorder not to look stupid then comment like a sarcastic developmentally disabled philosophy professor on threads  Antietam and NYK have commented on. IE, they are just trying to look as smart as us. Notice how according to their logic, anyone that agrees with you are butter fearing lopsters. Boy-o's they are.

For the record, I am a stay in it till the end DV'r. I do not agree with the lopster perspective regarding the IQD, as I see it as a method that would decrease value in the IQD not increase it. Value added to the IQD is the stated goal of the CBI and GOI, as is the lofty goal of the GOI to become the Financial Center of the M.E. With that said, I agree that there just ain't a whole lot going on in the IQD relm. Just meetings to be held next week, to discuss the reforms to laws that will effect the IQD, that they were to discuss the last time they met, but instead agreed to discuss the meeting at a meeting time to be determined soon. Which is all I ever intended to say on this thread. You may be a lopster, and thats good for you. I don't have to attack you everytime you share on DV; and neither do I have to hate you, to do otherwise woud be un-Christian. Just state your facts for your position and move on without all the hyperbolic opining.

The less the amount of people interested in this speculation the better as I see it. Less people with IQD, the smaller the spread (not to be confused with bank fees), and more money for us; including Shabi and Caz.  When this does pop, we will see then what mechanisms were used to increase the value of the IQD. If I am wrong I will buy a celebratory dinner of their choosing for those who were correct. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

New York Kevin (that in itself should tell all they need to know),

Now you wouldn't revert to "reverting to high school level DNC demeaning tactic's" .....would you?  LOPsters and their newest baby lap dog seem not to understand that it takes two to tango & demeaning verbage seems to flow their from mouths as well.

Another Kevin gem......"anyone that agrees with you (LOPster) are butter fearing LOPsters.....................well DUH!!! Thus the term LOPster!!!  Priceless, only in NY would any of these two examples be considered intelligent.

If you are pro RV.......................u've just dumbed us down by a good 5 notches......................thank you ....NOT!

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well spoke, Newyorkkevin.  Although we both would like to see a revalue of the dinar,  we have differences in our interpretation of how it can come about.  I see only one pathway to revalue and that is through geopolitical stability of iraq.  Even if oil goes up, the presence of a foreign entity ( ISIS),  commanding 1/3  of your sovereign territory, places a severe dampening effect on the confidence placed in a nation's currency.  You also have the very real prospect of the Kurds declaring independence, removing a substantial oil quantity from the coffers of Baghdad.  That is why I reduced my exposure by 75% and it felt GOOD doing it.  Even though I lost money, I SAVED my money from complete stagnation over the last six years.  Keep in mind I only had 5 thousand dollars invested.  But as a middle class American, 5 grand was a lot of money to take from savings to buy dinar back in 2012.  I have learned valuable lessons in controlling emotional buy-in before actually investing.  It's a lesson that extends into all investments strategies, not just the dinar.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Alright So Which One Of U Guys Started A Debate With Tlar ? :o

:D     :D   :D

I Dragged It Down Here So That U Can Commment On It If U'd Like ! ;)

4 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting While Tlar Prepares LOPster Bisque !

Tlar replied to a lopster a few days ago...
Tlar wrote:

This person who wrote above has little understanding of the facts.  He/she believes like so many dinarians that there is 37 trillion dinars in circulation in Iraq and has based his/her assumption above on this misconception.  The CBI website says that the CBI has "released" 37 trillion dinars which it has. 

That is the truth according to the CBI but "Released dinars" and "circulating dinars" are two different things.  37 trillion dinars are out of the CBI.  The number of dinars "released" since 2003 has nothing to do with the actual number of dinars in "circulation" at any time in Iraq.

Dinars in "circulation" is the only number that is important to our investment.  A circulating dinar means a dinar being used in commerce day to day in Iraq.  Most people including journalists in Iraq just report that 37 trillion dinars are out and make the mistake as describing these as "in circulation in Iraq" when in fact we know this is not true.  They make no distinction between "released" and "circulating" dinars.
 ~~~

There is good reason for that.  The CBI does not want anyone to know how many dinars are actually circulating in Iraq at any time and their website only reports the aggregate number of "released dinars".

"Circulating dinars" has been a closely held secret by the CBI ever since Iraq started dollarizing their society.  They do not report this number on their website because if they did and we knew the real number of "circulating dinars", we could fairly well figure the true value of the dinar.

So how do we determine the number of dinars that might still be circulating in Iraq and where are the rest of the dinars that have been released from the CBI since 2003?  We do have a few good clues to work with.

In January 2012 Saleh either had a slip of the tongue or he just screwed up while giving an interview. 

He told us there were only about 4 trillion dinars still "circulating" in Iraq, while at the same time the CBI website was reporting that 30 trillion dinars had been "released" meaning there was about 26 trillion "dinars released" that were not "circulating". 

Then in about August of 2014 the CBI made a decision to replace all the currency in Iraq with higher security features to protect the currency from being counterfeited. 

They announced December of 2014 their plan to begin replacing the currency in Jan 2015 stating they had printed "5 trillion dinars" in all denominations.  We can safely assume that they would have printed more than would have needed to make sure to not run out. 

By the middle of 2014 the CBI had determined that 5 trillion dinars was more than adequate to replace the national currency which re-affirmed Saleh's statement to the press made in January 2012.

I think we can safely assume that this number 5 trillion was some percentage more than what was actually circulating because until a dinar is released from the CBI and begins to circulate it is not counted as a dinar that needs to be covered. 

Also it is always prudent for the CBI to have and inventory of dinars not yet released to account for some possible future growth of M1.  So although we can never be accurate as to the actual number of dinars circulating we can make some pretty safe assumptions. 

In 2012 there were approximately 4 trillion dinars still considered circulating.  The auctions suck in dinars daily.  The dinars recirculate back out through government payroll and budgets.

This is the ebb and flow of circulating dinars.   The auctions were taking in as much as 350 billion dinars a day while selling 300 million dollars average per day in 2014 and 2015 as Iraq continued to dollarize.

At their height, the auctions were bringing in over a trillion dinars a week as they replaced their circulating dinars with USD and paid for remittances, imported goods and services. 

So we know that by the middle of 2014 that the number of dinars circulating must have reduced some number below the 4 trillion, by some percentage.  That's where it gets tricky because it anybody's guess by how much and the CBI has given us no more clues.

What about the dinars that have been released that are not considered circulating? Where are they?  You need look no further then you own safe of safety deposit box to answer part of that question. 

Are your dinars circulating in Iraq.  The answer is no.  So all dinars held by speculators are NOT CIRCULATING DINARS.  Neither is any dinar held in a bank outside of Iraq.  Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Chase all have dinars in their vaults as does many of the major banks world wide.

In addition countries around the world have dinars just like the United States.  Companies that have done business with Iraq like International Harvest or the oil equipment supply companies also count themselves as betting in the dinar. 

Remember in 2012 there were 30 trillion dinars released but only 4 trillion circulating leaving 26 trillion held by folks other than Iraq.

Why are these dinars out all around the world?  Iraq after the gulf was decimated and in great need of hard currency to jump start their rebirth.  The US had done a currency swap to help get the economy going.

We printed their currency at our expense which the on total  printing cost our Treasury 80 million dollars.  Although the US treasury will never report how many dinars it has or even admit to having any, we know that for every USD that was initially given to Iraq, our Treasury Dept received 3000 dinars, the then going exchange rate in 2003.  We swapped billions of USD for dinars in 2003. 

But much more hard currency was needed to fund an entire country like Iraq.  So early on our government decided that even though Iraq was under heavy sanctions and on the OFAC list, that through executive order 13303 that the currency of Iraq would be legal for banks in the US and Europe to sell to their citizens.  Very remarkable at the time considering Iraq was still on the OFAC list; In fact unheard of.

So in the early days of the resurrection of Iraq before they had oil to export, before they had any products to sell to raise money, they were allowed to sell their currency to raised hard currency.  That is why there is now probably close to 33-34 trillion dinars released but not circulating. 

Was this part of the plan from the beginning?  Quite simply it was the plan.  A way to refinance the start up from scratch a new democratic Iraq.  Did it go to far?  We have some indications that it did exceed the original numbers they had planned to let Iraq sell.

In late 2011 if my memory serves me, Shabibi appeared to have tried to stop or at least greatly reduce the amount of dinars being sold to speculators.  He had introduced into parliament laws to stop large amounts of currency coming or going from Iraq. 

He also ordered banks in Iraq to stop selling the dinar in large amounts to speculators, in particular the TBI.  The TBI continued to sell discreetly to currency companies violating Shabibi's order for a few years, as there existed a cottage industry sell dinars to satisfy world wide demand.

So this again is a number of how much became too much that we don't have the answer to.  But what effect will this have?  I don't feel it will have much effect on the pricing of the dinar because non circulating dinars although important, are not as important as circulating dinars when determining value.   I hope this is helpful to all.   ~ tlar

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Antietam said:

In my case, it made it unfortunate.  In your case, caz, I'm quite sure it has brought a financial windfall.

Not Yet. But isn't that the goal? Like my good friend Shabs stated...............if your wee wittle heart can't handle it.................sell and move on to your next losing proposition. Of course I paraphrased that last part.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tlar's  last sentence, in his rambling discourse, was all you have to know, because his last sentence is in gross error.  He said non-circulating dinar won't affect the value because only "circulating dinar in iraq" is important.  Wrong answer, amigo.   ALL dinar, circulating, non-circulating ( stuffed in your sock drawer), electronic (Warka, ISX), or in any other form, ALL count towards a revalue consideration by the CBI..  The CBI is responsible for ALL dinar, no matter where or how they are constituted.  This is why there is a great false teaching about this by the gurus.  They know that a revalue will affect every dinar EXACTLY THE SAME.  It is also why I believe the CBI, if they ever do change the dinar rate, will do it through a complete redenomination, and will not honor bills held outside the sovereign borders of iraq.  Just like they did in 2003. Now I hope I'M  wrong about this, because I'd hate to flush my last 1.5 mil, but I trust NOBODY in the government of iraq.  They are all corrupt, and bribes are just part of life over there.  They see out of country speculators holding their currency as a LIABILITY to the CBI.  We could get erased with a simple in-house exchange.  And please don't believe the malarkey  spewed out there that they would never do that because it would reflect negatively on them.  What a laugh that is.  We don't matter to them.  Period.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Mexico will still honor their pre 1994 Pesos with the three zeroes still on them  but..................................... 

You have to take them to the Bank of Mexico.

I guess there is always E-bay LOL

But like Antietam said.  Every dinar on paper, electronic and currency is a liability for the Central Bank.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I could get used to this new an improved NY Kev......I appreciate you leaving the curse words at home this time.  Well done.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Sir, I just be getting better with age. Ahh Ite? I have no problem mixing it up with anyone in this vitural world of DV. Flaws, we all got them which means perfect none of us are. Like my Marine son, I will defend any who is needlessly attacked, even if I disagree with them on other points. You and I have many similar thoughts on the IQD, as does Antietam, and divergent thoughts as well. (Don't we all want to vote for the best candidate that will seek what is best for this country of ours?) Before the harshness began, when I said you and whatshisname were trying to hijack this thread I was just trying to point out the emergence of your familiar pattern . Then, sure as shootin, you and more so Caz, took over the thread with degrading comments, lumping everyone who agrees with a lopster on one point, as being a lopster on all points when all I was doing was agreeing with the original topic of this here thread, and nothing else. You are intelligent enough to articulate your position (most of the time :peace:). In this vitural chess game of the mind, you also have a tell as to your next 3 moves on occasion. Mind game battling with Caz is exactly like having a fire fight with an unarmed man. Peace, love and happiness to all.

Shabs, please remind me what BV means again. Thanks.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Kevin, shab's reference to Black Velvet is his way of daily reminding himself to stay away from whiskey, which he has probably had to battle earlier in his life.  I respect shabs tremendously for that.  Shows character.  Yes, shabs and caz are the quintessential pit bulls of the DV site, especially in the lobster pit.  I don't think either of them ACTUALLY believe in the big 2011 millionaire making 100,000% overnight, e-mail ringing RV baloney that sucked so many millions of us into this thing.  Both shabs and caz are pragmatic on that point t.  So, for me, the great mystery is why they both continue to deride, ridicule, and name-call everyone, or anyone, who presents a valid alternative to the big scam of 2011.  They are both articulate and funny ( to a limited degree), and both have very little to present except sarcastic postings, so why do they do it.  They seem to feed off each other, and enjoy each others company, often posting together against any lobster posting.  So what's their angle?  Got me.  I have serious reservations about caz's motives, as he/she is the most shill-like of the two, and the most vitriolic.  There has been virtually no change in the tenor  of caz's anti-lobster postings for YEARS.  Shabs can be more entertaining, but remains firmly in the anti-lobster camp.  Peace to both of them.   Antietam.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2