Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mother Invested $8,000 in the Iraqi Dinar

Freedomrules

• 1 month later...

Don't know how I missed this thread but here I go.

The guy mentions his mom bought these dinars years ago. Would like to know how many years ago. If she bought them early on in this game she's already made money like I have if I were to cash them in now.  Also, sounds more like the guy is not so much worried about his Mom's dream but more into protecting his inheritance he will get from her when she passes away. 

I'm going to assume the host of this call in is Dave Ramsey. He's some sort of self proclaimed financial guru. Now where have I seen that guru word.  Let me tell you something about financial gurus.  Stick a bunch of them in with a bunch of monkeys and you know what? The outcome would be even or better in the monkeys favor.  I kid you not. Someone actually did that in a study.  Anyway, I digress. The currency example he is using seems like he's taking the dinar as a 1 to 1 value to the U.S. currency in relation to the other country examples like England that he actually uses. Of course, if you invest in a currency that is on par with the U.S. currency, you are not going to become rich overnight. You would have to be rich already investing millions in those currencies then you can walk away with a million or so if say the British pound were to inch on up above the U.S. dollar.  That is a no brainer.  That kind of currency investing is best left to the rich with millions and it is just about as risky as investing in the Iraq dinar as with any currency.  The bottom line is that nothing is a sure thing even the U.S. still being around tomorrow.  The U.S. could easily fracture with all the crap that's been going on lately.

I also like how Dave Ramsey totally ignored mentioning even one Arab country to the guy. Not a peep. You know where their worth is?  Oil. And guess who has tons of that? Iraq. That's where the strength of their currency is. Take Kuwait for example. If you had in your hand right now one Kuwait dinar and exchanged it for a U.S. dollar, you'd now be holding $3.37. 

I don't where he comes across @2:30 in the video where Dave Ramsey talks about the Mom's investment and then goes on to mention "I doubt she's even done that she probably got scammed".  In fact, he drops that word scam quite a bit in that video.  How in God's name did he come to that conclusion based on no evidence at all.  The guy stated that his mom invested in the dinar and I'm going to assume she's got the physical currency in hand since I've never heard of anyone investing in the dinar and getting a dinar certificate worth whatever you put into it. You know like a gold certificate.  If you invest in gold most people are handed gold certificates not the actual gold.  You should read up on that one. Now talk about a scam. The financial institutions have been issuing gold certificates that far exceed the amount of physical gold available.  Just wait until the U.S. dollar does collapse and people begin to cash in those gold certificates. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. Anyway, back on track again, unless the Dinar in question could be counterfeit and here again the mom's son doesn't give enough information like where and who she got these Dinars from.  The only scam involving the Dinar that I'm aware from sellers is in their language to pump the Dinars like oooo overnight success and riches. seriously, anyone who claims that for anything, you better run fast away from.

In conclusion, there is nothing that is a sure thing and I mean nothing.  Most people, including myself, have paid a hell of a lot more into playing the lottery than ever winning back in a lifetime. I'm sure that guy who called in that show and his mom and the host did as well.  My :twocents: take it for what it's worth.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, NextYear said:

In conclusion, there is nothing that is a sure thing and I mean nothing.  Most people, including myself, have paid a hell of a lot more into playing the lottery than ever winning back in a lifetime. I'm sure that guy who called in that show and his mom and the host did as well.  My :twocents: take it for what it's worth.

image.jpg

GO RV, then BV  ;)

• Upvote 1

Ah but there is nothing certain about death and taxes.  If you are religious, then there is no such thing as death. Only the demise of your current incarnation. As for taxes, there's ways around that as well depending on what income bracket you are and how many loopholes you can jump through. :)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NextYear said:

Ah but there is nothing certain about death and taxes.  If you are religious, then there is no such thing as death. Only the demise of your current incarnation. As for taxes, there's ways around that as well depending on what income bracket you are and how many loopholes you can jump through. :)

I see you conveniently dodged the certain existence of ALIENS.  :o :D

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Mpg350350 said:

It is a scam, try selling your dinar you get 40% of what it's worth at a reputable place which means alot of people are selling them.

Dealers charge a big markup...only people making money are the dealers.

ok you think its a scam

ok great

but why join this site or any other????

just to try and save all of us from our own stupidity??

just wondering, if i dont agree with something i just dont go there

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, davis411 said:

ok you think its a scam

ok great

but why join this site or any other????

just to try and save all of us from our own stupidity??

just wondering, if i dont agree with something i just dont go there

I am in process of dumping the last of mine just visiting the site it's been 2 years since here...nothings changed I see.

You can atleast get a good 40 to 75% of your money back sometimes, that isn't that terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, Mpg350350 said:

It is a scam, try selling your dinar you get 40% of what it's worth at a reputable place which means alot of people are selling them.

Usually when one is scammed out of their money...................they are scammed out of all that they vested not just a portion. And usually when you've been scammed there aren't  multiple of sources to re-claim any of your monies. I think your doing the right thing by selling out...................best of luck to u. Drop by some time and let us know how things are going with guaranteed speculations/investments..................cause as we all know ...............they're everywhere-lol 

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/22/2016 at 1:09 PM, Mpg350350 said:

LOL,,Ive got 50k that says it is not a scam, and theres only one mark up Im looking for!

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2016 at 2:59 PM, Mpg350350 said:

I am in process of dumping the last of mine just visiting the site it's been 2 years since here...nothings changed I see.

You can atleast get a good 40 to 75% of your money back sometimes, that isn't that terrible.

So Im guessing youll take 500 for the rest of your horrible investment, if so email me.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, caz1104 said:

Usually when one is scammed out of their money...................they are scammed out of all that they vested not just a portion. And usually when you've been scammed there aren't  multiple of sources to re-claim any of your monies. I think your doing the right thing by selling out...................best of luck to u. Drop by some time and let us know how things are going with guaranteed speculations/investments..................cause as we all know ...............they're everywhere-lol 

The dinar currency itself isn't a scam the scam is the huge RV...look at the many pumpers and fake rumors that are spread every day for many years.  It was started by fraudulent people that preyed on people looking to make quick big money...the dealers made money.

5 years ago this site was very active now it's like a ghost town compared to the past.

A lop is most likely outcome.

Goodluck 

Edited by Mpg350350
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, Mpg350350 said:

The dinar currency itself isn't a scam the scam is the huge RV...look at the many pumpers and fake rumors that are spread every day for many years.  It was started by fraudulent people that preyed on people looking to make quick big money...the dealers made money.

5 years ago this site was very active now it's like a ghost town compared to the past.

Goodluck 

Another one for the lopster tank !

Edited by TennesseeCherokee
  • Upvote 2

I respect everyone's right to their own opinion.  But likewise, all those people should respect the right of others to have differing opinions.  If you don't believe the dinar will RV, then by all means cut your loses and get out!  But when you have the country of Iraq, who for decades had their dinar valued at over $3, but now because of Saddam and the problems he caused, it's worth less than 1/10 of 1 penny, and then you have the country of Iraq repeatedly saying for years that they plan to return value to their currency - many people see that as not only a real possibility - but a likely one.  THAT is why we are in this!  Not because some unscrupulous currency dealer or guru scammed us into buying.  Is the RV a sure thing?  Absolutely not!!   And Adam and pretty much all of us here have always, and will continue to, concede that.  But make no mistake, this is a real investment - not just a scam.  Why?  Because Iraq is one of the most resource-rich countries in the world and for decades successfully maintained a $3+ value of it's currency.  Iraq itself has been stating - for years - that it wants to restore value to their currency; initially getting it back to $1 and then ultimate back over $3.  They continually give statements about their plan and how they will carry it out.  These are FACTS!  They are not lies made up by gurus and currency dealers to scam people into buying dinar.  These FACTS are what make buying and holding Iraq dinar a real investment and not a scam.  If you don't want to pay attention to the facts, then that's your right to do so.  But if you're going to present yourself with any authority on the subject, do everyone a favor and try to at least pay attention to the facts when you do.   

• Upvote 2

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:44 AM, Mpg350350 said:

Goodluck 

Sales in general is full of "pumpers" it's what they do. U'd have to have lived under a rock for all of ones life to miss out on the "Greatest Savings Ever", " Once in Lifetime Sale Event", "Prices Will Never be Lower", etc. Sales people, Lawyers, Doctors, Elected Officials, etc LIE. Ain't nothing new. Why do some (mainly new-born LOPsters) cry so much...............sell out and move on. Don't invest unless you realize........................you just might lose..................ain't nuthin guaranteed. You sound like many kids of today that think they're owed something and that they should always win and get a trophy. Sorry that ain't the real world. Take care and much success in your future ventures. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mpg350350 said:

Just my opinion.

I think you can find many better investment opportunities....10 plus years and no profit that's not a good track record.  

So says the person who vested .......and NOW is a foreign currency expert. So u vested not make a profit? Now that's genius.

Edited by caz1104
poor grammar

1 hour ago, caz1104 said:

Sales in general is full of "pumpers" it's what they do. U'd have to have lived under a rock for all of ones life to miss out on the "Greatest Savings Ever", " Once in Lifetime Sale Event", "Prices Will Never be Lower", etc. Sales people, Lawyers, Doctors, Elected Officials, etc LIE. Ain't nothing new. Why do some (mainly new-born LOPsters) cry so much...............sell out and move on. Don't invest unless you realize........................you just might lose..................ain't nuthin guaranteed. You sound like many kids of today that think they're owed something and that they should always win and get a trophy. Sorry that ain't the real world. Take care and much success in your future ventures. 

I jumped gun and should have researched before I bought...no big deal I didn't lose much. I hate seeing others being duped though.  

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

• Downvote 2

RPG makes the point! 10 years is a long time with no progress.

10 years ago the risk/reward was a lot less.  You could buy from a real bank and sell back at a small spread. Not so today.

10 years ago the question was WHEN , now it is IF .   Better question is HOW.  Can the CBI just claim that the dinar is .10 - .50 -$1 and the whole banking system say OK?

Foreign Exchange 101 says NO.  Yes the CBI could exchange at any of those rates, it is a closed banking system.   Outside of the Iraqi  system the market sets the rate by supply and demand... In that market even the .00086 rated is doubtful and wisely (with help from the IMF) the CBI will not take that chance.

If the CBI does go .10 and no banks follow what do you think the dealers will do? They will simply go out of business. Under those conditions no one will buy dinar from them.

Fortunately for them that will not happen and time marches on./   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2