Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vietnam to sell 3 trln dong bonds on June 17

k98nights

2010-06-15 14:06 (UTC)

HANOI, June 15 (Reuters) - Vietnam's State Treasury will sell government bonds to raise 3 trillion dong ($158.2 million) later this week, the Hanoi stock exchange said on Tuesday.

The Treasury would sell three-year, five-year and 10-year bonds, each lot to raise 1 trillion dong, on Thursday and issue the bonds on June 21, the exchange said in a statement.

At its last bond auction on June 11, the State Treasury sold all 1 trillion dong of five-year government bonds at a yield of 11.05 percent.

Banks in Vietnam backed a call by the central bank to cut loan rates but said on Monday that would be easier if government bond yields were lower.

($1=18,960 dong)

(Reporting by Ho Binh Minh; writing by Jason Webb)

http://www.xe.com/ne...n=News_RSS_Art4

2010-06-15 14:06 (UTC)

HANOI, June 15 (Reuters) - Vietnam's State Treasury will sell government bonds to raise 3 trillion dong ($158.2 million) later this week, the Hanoi stock exchange said on Tuesday.

The Treasury would sell three-year, five-year and 10-year bonds, each lot to raise 1 trillion dong, on Thursday and issue the bonds on June 21, the exchange said in a statement.

At its last bond auction on June 11, the State Treasury sold all 1 trillion dong of five-year government bonds at a yield of 11.05 percent.

Banks in Vietnam backed a call by the central bank to cut loan rates but said on Monday that would be easier if government bond yields were lower.

($1=18,960 dong)

(Reporting by Ho Binh Minh; writing by Jason Webb)

http://www.xe.com/ne...n=News_RSS_Art4

On another site they were talking about an eminent RV of the Dong soon. It was suggested that the Dong would come in at .15, .16 and the last one make me chuckle it was .06. I know few Dongarians and .06 will make them very happy.

My question is this ... why are they selling bonds? Do you suppose it's to raise funds since the Iraqis have not RI/RV'd therefore China has not (Hilary and Geitner last week or whenever) and basically the Vietnamese can't RV until China does?

Is this to allow their government to function until such time as the Iraqis come back from Monday's lunch break after their marathon 12 minute swearing in and decide to actually do something?

The Iraqis were selling bonds to raise money to pay GE and Siemens and then abbruptly stopped their latest issue with no footnote as to when they might resume (if ever ... because there would be no need with an RI/RV)

Just thinking outloud

Peace

Doc31

My question is this ... why are they selling bonds? Do you suppose it's to raise funds since the Iraqis have not RI/RV'd therefore China has not (Hilary and Geitner last week or whenever) and basically the Vietnamese can't RV until China does?

Is this to allow their government to function until such time as the Iraqis come back from Monday's lunch break after their marathon 12 minute swearing in and decide to actually do something?

The Iraqis were selling bonds to raise money to pay GE and Siemens and then abbruptly stopped their latest issue with no footnote as to when they might resume (if ever ... because there would be no need with an RI/RV)

Just thinking outloud

Peace

Doc31

I agree Doc and thought the same thing about Iraq. Why would any country sell bonds if a RV was coming. Don't see how Vietnam could back a RV with there present economy.

On another site they were talking about an eminent RV of the Dong soon. It was suggested that the Dong would come in at .15, .16 and the last one make me chuckle it was .06. I know few Dongarians and .06 will make them very happy.

What other site is reporting .15 or .16. I am one that will be happy with .06 but higher IS better! PM me if you need to. Thx

What other site is reporting .15 or .16. I am one that will be happy with .06 but higher IS better! PM me if you need to. Thx