Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mitt Romney mocks Donald Trump as 'very very not smart' – campaign live

Follow along for the latest from the campaign trail, as Mitt Romney delivers a speech on the state of the Republican race ahead of tonight’s debate in Michigan

Scott Bixby

Thursday 3 March 2016 17.54 GMT

Live Feed

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/mar/03/campaign-updates-us-presidential-election-2016-gop-debate-romney-trump-clinton

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IF ONLY Mitt had talked HALF the smack about obummer... HE'D HAVE WON! It won't hurt Teflon Don but it should tell you all you need to know about the establishment. They will pull their punches for a target rich commie/democrat but it's blitzkrieg on a fellow republican/private citizen. I hope Trump's approval numbers go up again after this latest attack. Idiots. :facepalm2:

• Upvote 4

...It only took the ''Rhino'' in the GOP about a month to launch an attack on Trump...The same sluffs couldn't stop or even appose Odummer in seven years...It's sad how the game is so easy to see but the Ozombie are walkin' brain-dead sheeple.... :blink:

• Upvote 1

Looks to me like Washington D.C. and the U.N. are afraid that We the People might elect a person that we selected and not one of their puppets.

If this tactic doesn’t work they will just tell us that the peoples choice will not be honored.

They will select whom you vote for and tell you have no choice.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise 

• Upvote 3

http://thewashingtonstandard.com/ive-got-three-words-for-mitt-romney/#!

I’ve Got Three Words for Mitt Romney

“Shut your piehole!” Yeah, those aren’t glamorous words, but the fact remains that no one wants to hear from the man who lost to the man who lost to Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Sobarkah. Yet, Mitt Romney doesn’t seem to want to go away from the national stage. On Thursday, he will engage in what can only be said to be open hypocrisy on his part as he launched into a tirade against GOP frontrunner Donald Trump.

According to the Associated Press, Romney will speak at the University of Utah on Thursday Morning. The AP obtained excerpts from the speech, in which Romney calls Trump a “phony” and a “fraud,” whose “promises area as worthless as a degree from Trump University.”

I wonder who is actually behind this speech. Could it be GOP establishment types like Karl Rove? Perhaps Marco Rubio called in a favor to Romney.

Romney has alleged there is a “bombshell” in Trump’s tax returns. Senator Ted Cruz has done the same, suggesting Trump has ties to the Mafia. Both have speculated without any evidence. I find it amazing that a man that wants to abolish the IRS would bring up tax returns, but that’s politics for you.

“Here’s what I know: Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud,” Romney will state, according to excerpts of his speech.

AP failed to provide reasons for the claim from Romney. Perhaps, Romney doesn’t provide specifics in the speech, but wants you to trust him, just like you did in 2012.

Now, I’m not a Trump supporter, but I find it completely amazing that a two time loser will actually have any credibility when it comes to speaking on political issues.

Let me demonstrate some of Romney’s hypocrisy when it comes to Donald Trump.

In February 2012, listen to Romney come out in favor of Donald Trump.

“Donald Trump has shown an extraordinary ability to understand how our economy works and to create jobs, he has done it in Nevada and across the country,” he said in a press conference in February. “He is one of the few people who stood up and said China has taken jobs from Americans. We believe in free trade but we have to have a President to stand up and not allow people to cheat day in and day out.”

Doesn’t sound like Romney is making the “phony, fraud” pitch does it? It sounds like he is on board with Donald Trump! It also sounds like he’s a backstabbing hypocrite. But that’s not all. While the GOP does not quite have a nominee yet, Romney, like so many “conservatives” has said he would support the GOP nominee.

When asked if he would support Donald Trump, Romney said, “I will support the Republican nominee. I don’t think that’s going to be Donald Trump.”

“Why not?” he was asked.

“My party, historically, has nominated a mainstream conservative,” Romney replied.

Mainstream conservative? Surely you jest Mr. Romney! Let’s take a look at just how conservative Mitt Romney actually was or is, shall we?

Running for MA Governor: “My views are progressive.”

Mitt Romney: “I think people recognize that I’m not a partisan Republican, that I’m someone who is moderate, and that my views are progressive.”

Romney’s views are “Like an Etch-a-Sketch”

Mitt Romney’s press spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom: “I think you hit a re-set button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You shake it up and we start all over again.”

Romney’s DC Money Hunt

Mitt Romney: “I’m a big believer in getting the money where the money is. And the money is in Washington!”

Go to the link to view more

• Upvote 2

...It only took the ''Rhino'' in the GOP about a month to launch an attack on Trump...The same sluffs couldn't stop or even appose Odummer in seven years...It's sad how the game is so easy to see but the Ozombie are walkin' brain-dead sheeple.... :blink:

It's the Republican party suffering full-on melt down......"Ozombie" has nothing to do with it.  Perhaps the "Teflon Don" can clean the GOP house....before he sets his sights on the neighbors house.  You know, the neighbor's house, where he maintains a room and keeps an overnight bag?   B) 

GO RV, then BV

Mitt Rommney What a frigging joke.  If He had half the balls of Trump he would be president right now.

He had the smoking gun with bengahzi and was afraid to pull the trigger . He let us all down with his wishy washy pansy a$$ cowardly lion pathtic persona.

Go away Mitt nobody cares what you have to say.

• Upvote 1

Mitt Rommney What a frigging joke.  If He had half the balls of Trump he would be president right now.

He had the smoking gun with bengahzi and was afraid to pull the trigger . He let us all down with his wishy washy pansy a$$ cowardly lion pathtic persona.

Go away Mitt nobody cares what you have to say.

***///

And that goes for all his fellow House & Senate pals who we were SO GLAD finally wrested control and

all ended up floppin' around like a bunch of weak-azzed sneaky little weasels,

never doin' a danged thing they were finally empowered to do ! :angry:

"Cowards" is right , DOG !  A POX ON ALL THEIR HOUSES !   :angry: