Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jesus Christ healed the sick using medical marijuana, researchers claim

flatdawg

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 by: Daniel Barker

Tags: Jesus Christ, medical marijuana, Biblical scripture

(NaturalNews) Although some may find the idea a bit challenging to their traditional religious beliefs, there is ample historical and scientific evidence that Jesus Christ was a cannabis user and that he used the plant to heal the sick.

In 2003, High Times published an article written by Chris Bennett titled "Was Jesus a Stoner?" which explored the likelihood that cannabis was a key ingredient in the "anointing oil" used by Jesus and his followers in rituals and for healing purposes.

Bennett's argument was backed by scholarly works that provided scientific evidence supporting his assertions. Since the article appeared, other researchers have examined and debated the theory, with many agreeing that it has merit.

From the original High Times article:

"Christ" is the Greek translation of the Hebrew "Messiah." In modern English, this term would be translated as the "anointed one." The title "Christ" was only placed upon he who had "God's unction upon him."

This holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture.

Kaneh-bosem = cannabis?

Kaneh-bosem certainly does sound like the modern day term cannabis, and there is little doubt that hemp was widely used by the Hebrew culture in those times.

As reported by High Times, Carl P. Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University, wrote:

"There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion.... There is no way that so important a plant as a fiber source for textiles and nutritive oils and one so easy to grow would have gone unnoticed... the mere harvesting of it would have induced an entheogenic reaction."

Ritual and medicinal use of cannabis

Entheogen – a term coined by Professor Ruck – refers to any substance used to induce spiritual experiences. The use of entheogens such as cannabis, peyote and psilocybin mushrooms has been linked to the formation of nearly all the world's religions, so it's perhaps no surprise that cannabis likely played a role in the birth of Christianity.

It's easy to understand the role, considering the near-miraculous healing properties of the plant. We are now beginning to rediscover the myriad medicinal uses for cannabis - remedies that have been known for thousands of years, but which have been forgotten amidst the government-created anti-marijuana hysteria that has existed in the United States for more than half a century.

Fortunately, those attitudes are changing now, and the Christ–cannabis connection debate is perhaps an example of an overdue reexamination of some of our collective beliefs that have been clouded by propaganda.

What would Jesus do?

Those familiar with the history of the outlawing of marijuana in the U.S. are well aware that this was a direct result of pressure by corporate interests. Then later, of course, the failed War on Drugs went into full swing, and punishing marijuana users and dealers became big business for law enforcement and run-for-profit prisons.

Cannabis and the hemp plant in general offer us a cheap, effective and renewable source of a great number of beneficial products – some with almost miraculous properties – but since there is little profit in it for Big Pharma and other big business interests, the progress toward legalization has been slow and met with bitter opposition every inch of the way.

One might wonder, what would Jesus think about that?

From The Guardian:

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ [sic] and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/052902_Jesus_Christ_medical_marijuana_Biblical_scripture.html#ixzz40YDnPilD

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have seen on a few YouTube videos where a few "holy men" have used it to clear up ulcers.

I have read that the ancient Egyptians were using it for seizure control 5000 years ago.

It grows wild in a lot of the world and it has seeds too.

I would have to get a whole new clientele base fro me to show up with it on my breath. LOL 

Flatdawg:

Liar, liar, pants on fire. Probably because you didn't get all the seeds out of the last batch you bought/harvested, and lit it popped on you. Kinda brings a whole new meaning to you about getting blazed. You are relatively new to this site, time wise. But you have been around enough to realize that many "posters" of other peoples stuff on this sight, post LIES represented as the truth. Lies printed in, now get this, SELF SERVING ARTICLES. Articles written and twisted to justify some point important to the writer or the writers target audience. You didn't realize this probably due to the public school college education you received while groveling at the feet of the libertard professors you had. Let me, one delivered from weed, bring you up on game here. Not hating you here, just don't claim my Savior is something when you know (deep down) He is not. 

One, Jesus was God, The Holy Spirit, and The Son of God. He Himself needed no healing from "Doctors" on earth. He just prayed to God The Father if something like a zit, or whatever came up. Kinda like, Dad can you fix this please, in Our name I pray. Amen. A little sarcastic humor here, but you and others reading this get the point. I never liked Christians that looked down their nose at people.

Second, a quick look at the King James Version of the Holy Bible, Exodus 30: 23 says this: 

Exodus 30:23 (KJV)

Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

Myrrh is myrrh, cinnamon is cinnamon. So the third principle spice in this annointing oil is calamus, not this kaneh bosem.  Calamus is part of the palm family. If you do a google search on Calamus you will find this:

The Latin for cane, Hebrew Kaneh, mentioned (Exodus 30:23) as one of the ingredients in the holy anointing oil, one of the sweet scents (Cant. 4:14), and among the articles sold in the Markets of Tyre (Ezek. 27:19). The word designates an Oriental plant called the "sweet flag," the Acorus calamus of Linnaeus. It is elsewhere called "sweet cane" (Isaiah 43:24Jeremiah 6:20). It has an aromatic smell, and when its knotted stalk is cut and dried and reduced to powder, it forms an ingredient in the most precious perfumes. It was not a native of Palestine, but was imported from Arabia Felix or from India. It was probably that which is now known in India by the name of "lemon grass" or "ginger grass," the Andropogon schoenanthus. (see CANE.)

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

1. (n.) The indian cane, a plant of the Palm family. It furnishes the common rattan. See Dragon's blood.

2. (n.) A species of Acorus (A. calamus), commonly called calamus, or sweet flag. The root has a pungent, aromatic taste, and is used in medicine as a stomachic; the leaves have an aromatic odor, and were formerly used instead of rushes to strew on floors.

I am no authority, just a simple believer is The Lord Jesus Christ.  But check this, you should have known the originator of the stonner article was self serving cuz kaneh is Hebrew for cane, as in sweet or sugar not coke, in case you're trying to go down that rabbit hole. 

Gotta go to work. I hope this response sheds light on this and other points for you. About the sarcasim, that is just me. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am also a work in progress. I hope to see you in church sometime.

NYK

• Upvote 5

I think this was discussed at some length awhile back. 

Thanks NYK.

Why would God need to use any medications if He is healing His creatures?! He speaks and whatever He wants to happen happens.  

The disciples were given power from the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) to heal the sick and do miraculous things.  

It is amazing that we think that God "thinks and acts" like we would think and act.  How foolish.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Good Lord Jesus was NOT a pot head ! He plainly states do not be drunk on alcohol  or High on drugs, not exactly in those words! He plainly states do not be high or drunk when he returns, which I believe is very very close. Just word of advice, take it or leave it. Don't be drunk or high When the Good Lord Jesus returns! There is a place called Hades. I don't want to be nowhere near this place and neither should you. Being drunk or high will get you a one way ticket there, If the Good Lord Jesus returns and your on one of these stoopers! These are Lies straight out of Hades and the devil is always on the look out for more residents! J M H O !  :salute:

• Upvote 2

Maranatha! 

What a Great Day that will be!!  

The LORD will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, with a blast from the trumpet of God, the dead bodies of both the righteous and the wicked will be raised to be rejoined to their spirit.  Judgment will take place for the wicked, but the righteous will go to be with the LORD.  

This physical world will be destroyed and a new heaven and new earth will be given to us; one that is fitted for an eternal existence. God will be glorified and recognized by all  humanity and the righteous will praise and honor Him forever.  

What a Day that will be!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1