Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I wonder if Iraqis with money to spare are stupid

rockfl9

The economy in shambles and the MOF/CBI expects the citizens to risk buying government bonds?????? Those bonds are worthless. They would do better offering a lottery.

First of all rich ones are moving dollars out of the country any way possible, to somewhere they they can move to when it collapses.. 

Right now if you have a government job that pays something you stay. If you have a viable business you stay . When those are gone , leave   if you have dollars parked in another country.

I think the reason that the Dinar will not go "International " is that the GOI knows that if an Iraqi could simply pack up  a suitcase of them and leave he would.. Wit control of available dollars the government can prevent that from happening. Although a lot of them are migrating to Europe AND they seem to have at least enough dollars to pay the smuuglers.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

How would they pay these bonds back plus interest?  I know the GOI can not be trusted but i kind of feel the same way about the Central Bank

After seeing the Central Bank kill the 50 dinar note with a 1 month cash in period I don't see any reason  why they can't do the same with the whole M-1.

Re denominating would cost a lot less than than the Huge gains the Central would surely make by the dinar not turned in time because its abroad stuffed in a shoe box somewhere.

• Upvote 2

That is my point. A promise to pay the interest AND paying the interest on-time are two different things . The GOIs credit rating was BB- 6 months ago and not any better now. Buying one of these bonds is a charitable donation in my mind.

I suspect redenomination or not the GOI does not plan on buying back ANY dinar that is out of the country! 

I have always wondered HOW freshly minted dinar gets to the dealers?? The CBI condones it for profit.

• Upvote 3

LOL  I kind of feel the same way about the dinar and that is buying dinar is a charitable donation. I have to agree that the Central Bank condones these interest free loans we all have given them.

If in fact Shabs plan was to RV  all along , why would he have ever allowed such huge amounts to leave the country?  

• Upvote 2

Well, since It appears that I have been banished to the lobster pot by the powers that be, I will make a comment on your question. Iraqi government workers go to their offices everyday and then go home to their families at night just like government workers around the world do . They don't have much money, but iraq is their home. They worship in their neighborhood mosques, and they celebrate social happenings in their homes just like we do. If they can squirrel away a few dollars for a rainy day, I'm sure they do, but they are dependent on government subsidies to survive. The main corruption occurs in the seats of government power. People who have international connections, who can move money overseas quietly and confidentially. We will never change that. And the powers that be want to keep it that way. Therefore, they will not do anything to rock the boat, to "wake the sleeping giant". And in every country, the sleeping giant is the general public. So the CBI and MOF will keep an even strain, moving the peg slightly in reaction to economic factors. I don't think they will RD, RI, or RV the dinar anytime soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow They TANKED you and you were going to give it another year!

You are right, as long as the workers keep their jobs OK, but the MOF is running out of money to pay them so at some time the dance will end. Then what?  It seems that they show up even if not paid on time. Eventually they will realize that they are getting a serious pay cut i.e. NOTHING.

It seems till now the police and military have been kept from any reductions.  I hate to think what will happen when they don't get paid. They have guns!!

The MOF has been bleeding money and I do believe the CBI has raided the reserves.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The auctions are the barometer of the IRAQ ECONOMY . A declining volume IS NOT good news.  Iraq does not produce enough of anything.

It must import and that means dollars to buy. Take away those dollars and the country will starve. A starving populace is not a good thing. The exchange rate will rise not fall. Dinarians should not like that! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well Antietam you can't say you didn't see it coming. You know it is what it is about the dinar and according to the WTO it usually takes a war torn country about 15 years to recover after a war. So I think it's a matter of time and when oil goes back to $60-$70 bbl Iraq will be on its way to recovery. Personally I believe the HCL is the key to a unified Iraq and if that can happen then it's game over. See you around brother.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tex:  15 years to recover OK BUT we know under Maliki they pi$$ed away the first 10 years. The clock has to start over. An HCL AND a Unified Iraq , dream on. The Kurds will never give up control of their oil fields and the expect to get Kirkuk ... An HCL of any type would have to be based on trust.

Did you forget ISIL?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hello Rock ! ISIS/ISIL is done stick a fork in them. I'm not saying that they can't carry out a couple of small scale attacks but the group as a whole is as good as dead. While it's true that Obama dropped the ball as far as Iraq's speedy recovery I believe that Iraq can recover quite quickly now that the superpowers are over there.Everyone knows that oil prices will come back up again that's plain and simple lodgic. As far as the HCL yes that has been an illusive SOAG ! And that is the key that I'm going to wait for, everything else doesn't really concern me in reference to all the hype or misinformation or bad news or pumpers or Lopsters.....well you get the picture. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We will be debating this topic 12 months from now and there will be virtually no change in iraq. There won't be an HCL, there won't be a removal of ISIS from mosel, there won't be an RV, RI OR Rd. It will virtually be the same as it is today, as it was at this time in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, etc. Etc. Etc. Oh, I forgot one thing. Caz will still be promoting the big RV, and Shabs will be seconding his every word. Throw in a few more, give or take, but there won't be no RV. And I will be getting very close to having Caz cough up $1500 for my remainING dinar, as he said he would. ( I'm not holding my breath on that one)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

We will be debating this topic 12 months from now and there will be virtually no change in iraq. There won't be an HCL, there won't be a removal of ISIS from mosel, there won't be an RV, RI OR Rd. It will virtually be the same as it is today, as it was at this time in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, etc. Etc. Etc. Oh, I forgot one thing. Caz will still be promoting the big RV, and Shabs will be seconding his every word. Throw in a few more, give or take, but there won't be no RV. And I will be getting very close to having Caz cough up $1500 for my remainING dinar, as he said he would. ( I'm not holding my breath on that one)

Please sell and never look back. Won't be sorry
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tex: Can't agree on ISIL. They still hold Mosul and the main road into Syria. US general says recruits are poor quality and training to take 4-6 more months before attempt to retake Mosul. That's a strain on the economy.

Obama had nothing to do with the current conditions there.  It was Maliki and Bagdad( Shia).  They did nothing for the people in the North and the ISIL found it easy to get in.

The HCL is not the endall answer either. The Kurds  will never support any version that restricts their control over their fields.  If Basra presses for the same deal as the Kurds any oil deal breaks down.

The latest forecast I see is for oil to remain below $70 til 2020. I the meantime all the oil producers will pile on debt.

• Upvote 1

Tex: Can't agree on ISIL. They still hold Mosul and the main road into Syria. US general says recruits are poor quality and training to take 4-6 more months before attempt to retake Mosul. 

17 minutes

Iraq deployed thousands of troops in preparation for the restoration of Mosul

"there are three brigades stationed in the now-Qaeda, and is scheduled arrival of another 4,500 troops from the 15th to the base for the intervention of the preparations for the restoration of Mosul in a new phase."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/215732-iraq-deployed-thousands-of-troops-in-preparation-for-the-restoration-of-mosul/#ixzz3za5k0Cvu

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes

Iraq deployed thousands of troops in preparation for the restoration of Mosul

"there are three brigades stationed in the now-Qaeda, and is scheduled arrival of another 4,500 troops from the 15th to the base for the intervention of the preparations for the restoration of Mosul in a new phase."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/215732-iraq-deployed-thousands-of-troops-in-preparation-for-the-restoration-of-mosul/#ixzz3za5k0Cvu

Thanks for bring that over Yota ! Like I said ISIS/ISIL or what ever name they want to go by are dead SOB's ! GO RV !  :salute:

I find it interesting what's going on upstairs in "Opinions". The membership is unloading their negative thoughts on the dinar RV. I guess what I have said many times has a "silent majority" that agrees with me. So why am I in the tank? Maybe it is my "caustic" attitude. I should have been nicer. Like obama.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Auntiem,

You just might get the respect you so clearly crave.................if you weren't such a ******. I have never offered you a figure for whatever dinar you still may have...............................but yes I did say I would buy them.............................for a price of MY choosing..................not yours.

GM  Tex!!!

Sorry I can't agree with ya......................LOPster genius's have stated Iraq is ready to fold & fall at any second. And as we all know they are the ONLY ones that know what IS happening & what WILL happen in Iraq. So based on this info.....................I ran and sold ALL of Dinar except 1-25k note (sound familiar?) so that I can come here and post like I'm still vested.. Now I feel so much better about being negative...................it's so much easier as a thought process...................cause it takes NO brain matter whatsoever.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I still have a DV friend of mine that's in the Lopster Tank. I think for him was that he got caught up in all of the manufactured hype and one day he blew his cool topside and he ended up down here. I really wish they would let him back up top because I think that he still holds out on a chance of an RV. But ill say this "RV on my mind" has a hell of a sense of humor and he can really make me laugh.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1