Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is a LOP on or off the cards?

TheArtistFormallyKnownAs

Hi guys

I haven't been on this thing in ages , just wanted to ask a few things , firstly is there still chat about LOP or is that ruled out by now? I heard that they might be reducing the note count.

And 2nd , I heard that the IMF have given Iraq until the first half of 2016 to be back on the global market economy, is this true?  ,and if so will this guarantee currency reform?

I'm not a LOPster , a yes or a no will do, is a LOP ruled out now IF the Iraqis are lowering the note count? why lower the note count if you are just going to LOP, is there more to it then that?

Olivesman wasn't being mean.  He was simply pointing you in the right direction.  All those answers are available in the Lopster Tank......one need not be a LOPster to visit the tank.  Hope this helps.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2

In their current state of fiscal crisis it is impossible for the CBI to RD, RI, or RV the dinar. All they can do right now is hang on and pray for oil to go up or a sympathetic IMF to send them more loans. It is a mess over there and we will be lucky to survive it ( dinar speaking that is)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Hmm I don't think low oil prices have anything to do with them not RVing their currency because when oil prices was high they made other excuses for not passing the HCL and RVing their currency.  I think GOI and CBI don't want to RV because of greed and corruption and they keep making excuses.  I feel bad for the citizens in Iraq who have to suffer because of corrupt GOI and CBI.  But I believe their excuses is running out because of all the debt they have to pay back because of many countries given them loans along with the IMF.  Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 5

The note count is really irrelevant, its the size of the money supply that matters and the size of the CBI's reserves.  The note count is just a logistics issue, not an economic or financial one (e.g. is it easier to carry 1 50k or 2 25k's?).  They may eventually LOP but likely want more stability before doing so.  But hard to say.

Something, whether corruption and greed, note count, low oil prices, expenses fighting terrorism, parliament dragging their feet pasting the HCL, Amnesty Law, National Guard Laws or laws governing the investment and financial aspects of foreign investors could be the hold-up...All in all the UN and WTO aint going to let Iraq go international until Iraq becomes Art. 8 compliant...

Going international is no guarantee of a revalue. And I personally believe the Iraqi dinar will never go international. Too many inconsistencies and government corrupt officials for the international world to trust the CBI. The dinar's only hope is a restructured economy, a GOI that is functional, border security, increased oil values, and confidence in their nation. Otherwise we hold just another third world toilet paper currency worth one tenth of a penny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is a LOP on or off the cards?

No....  but a revaluation of the dinar is not even remotely possible. I'm not talking about the dinar fluctuating a couple of pips up or down. But even a 100 % increase is just not gonna happen. .  We were all lied to and we all fell for it.  And that's OK. We are human and we all make mistakes. But when you realize it you gotta do something about it. Hoping , believing and praying for an RV  will not get you your money back. It does not work that way.  When you figure it out ( and most do at some point ) you need to act on it a sell this junk money. Just like they lied to us and said once it RVs it will be to late.... If they Lop it will be to late. 

Edited by Freedomrules
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to be so unenlightened, but would someone please explain what a LOP is?  What does it mean?  There are so many of these screwy abbreviations unless you have a dictionary of them or stay on top of things on a daily basis, no one has a clue what a LOP is.  At least I admit I don't.  I would appreciate someone defining it for me.  Thanks very much, guys.  

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry to be so unenlightened, but would someone please explain what a LOP is?  What does it mean?  There are so many of these screwy abbreviations unless you have a dictionary of them or stay on top of things on a daily basis, no one has a clue what a LOP is.  At least I admit I don't.  I would appreciate someone defining it for me.  Thanks very much, guys.  

A "LOP" is essentially dropping the last 3 zeros from Dinar notes.....so 50,000 becomes 50, 25,000 becomes 25, so on and so forth.......a LOP, could easily be referred to as a CHOP.....I also believe some refer to it as Bunny Ears....but I'm not positive.  Basically a LOP is "breaking close to even bad".  Hope this helps and welcome to DVets.   :)  Also, having rampant belief in a LOP combined with a large and boisterous face hole will earn you a one-way all inclusive stay in this very Tank.....so beware...Bwahahahaha.   :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2

Laurie, A LOP is very simple to explain. The Iraqi 25,000 dinar bill has three zeros on it, and it is worth somewhere close to 25 US dollars

. If the CBI prints all new currency without the three zeros, it is called "lopping" the zeros. Therefore a current 25,000 dinar bill will become the new 25 dinar bill. This new bill would be on a 1 to 1 basis with the US dollar. However, the CBI would require all old currency ( what we hold now) to be exchanged for the new currency within a specific time period, usually 6 months to two years. There has been endless discussion on whether the CBI would require all exchange to occur within its borders, as they did back in 2003 when they printed the currency we now hold. Even if we were allowed to exchange in the US, you would not be able to do this at your local bank. You would have to go through a currency exchanger, and there aren't many. It would create a huge bottleneck, and the currency exchangers could charge essentially anything they wanted in commission fees. It's a bad situation all around. And finally, a LOP would NOT result in any money being made by dinar holders. Our money making power comes from an RV where the three zeros are left in place. I'm afraid that scenario is very remote if not impossible. I hope that clears the LOP question up for you.

• Upvote 4

There ain't going to be no LOP ! They would have done that years ago......So we all get to wait, I assume that's what the Lopsters are waiting on, as for me I'm betting on an all out full blown  RV ! and  yes my money is where my mouth is ! People with nothing to lose don't bother me much anymore.  :soon:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Spoken as only a true shill-like individual you are. Isn't it interesting that poor Laurie just asked for a definition of what a LOP is, and we gave it to her without any predictions whatsoever. But that wasn't good enough for shill-like creatures who must make sure the community NEVER strays too far from the GO RV mantra you just heard caz spout off. There is absolutely no doubt where you are making your money, buddy. Laurie didn't ask for your opinion. She asked for a simple definition, which we gave her. Sorry Laurie, see what we have to put up with down here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It doesn't matter, caz. You've been bullying posters for so long you don't even recognize it when you do it. It's just automatic for you. That's why I have to suspect your motives. There is no other poster over the years that has had such a consistent, vitriolic response to lobsters except you. And therefore I have to suspect your reasons for being here. You certainly aren't here for alternative discussion. You put down, belittle, and caustically respond with sarcasm, to everyone who dares to post anything except the "RV Now" mantra. Guarding your occupation I guess. Who do you really work for? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1