Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just a little reminder....

RodandStaff

In all seriousness though...eagles represent a lot of things in this nation, and in all the different cultures....to me, one of their characteristics that I admire is their watchfulness...they have such keen sight...something we could sure emulate more these days...just sayin'!!!  ;) 

BaldEagle_LillianStokes.jpg 24386068_BG1.jpg

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 4

The American Bald Eagle, is such a beautiful creation from His hands.  He soars the heights like know other.

Once considered an endangered species, but now recovering. 

Just like our Great Nation is going to recover, and soar to heights of no bounds.  :woot:

Proud to have this bird represent America...he stands for freedom!!!! 

• Upvote 4

Sometimes you just need a reminder of who you really are!!!   ;) 

12552779_1708130859431427_27828176609890

OK...I'm linking this up with this picture to take it in a direction I was thinkin' of when I first posted this...there is more inside each one of us then we realize! Just sayin'!!!   ;) 

12645174_10205175950070430_3075406511869

• Upvote 1

OK...I'm linking this up with this picture to take it in a direction I was thinkin' of when I first posted this...there is more inside each one of us then we realize! Just sayin'!!!   ;) 

12645174_10205175950070430_3075406511869

Amen Brother. Amen. That applies to ALL Americans. I also gotta admit that stirs up my pride in the Corp, and all who serve in our armed forces.

• Upvote 1

I am a nurturer  :eyebrows:

BWIB4gk.jpg

***///

Ya'll can see this Movie TONIGHT (Sat 30JAN) on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) at 10:45 p.m. EST !

"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".  

Based on Keny Keysey's Novel, Jack Nicholson plays social misfit Randle P.McMurphy   :eek:  in this 1975 tale of 

mental patients :wacko:  :blink:   who follow him.... for better or worse, much to the staunch Nurse's great dismay !  :P

Enjoy !   :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

Hmmm....congratulations...only "Whatshername" could turn a post about Eagles and introspection/patriotism and go and totally fly over the "cuckoo's nest" with it!!! I love this crazy DV family...they make me feel right at home!!! ;o)

Hi Rod   :wave:

This thread read "Sometimes you just need a reminder of who you really are!!!"   

I DID a need a reminder!  Thank you  :tiphat:

Though its inside-humor to those who know me, I don't mind telling you that I live in a cuckoo's nest.  I care for my mother who has Parkinson's and dementia (possibly Lewy Body <-- Google THAT!).  She has ever-worsening OCD that dominates what's left of her diseased brain.  Glimpses of intellect give way to total confusion.  To give you an idea... Mom can't dress herself, brush her teeth, bathe, walk or sit unassisted, operate a remote or turn on a light switch.  Her decline is rapid.  The ONLY reason she isn't in a nursing home is because she's so... difficult... she would NOT do well.  But I am truly blessed with a loving, understanding and supportive family.  Caring for someone so disabled is a harder job than I could have ever imagined... beyond her physical limitations, I deal with her psychological issues 24/7 (I can't count how many WTF moments we share in a single day!).  I do it with all the patience, love and humor I can muster... even when she pees on my feet at 3:00 am!  So I need a reminder now and then that I AM a nurturer.  Nurse Rached just personified a running joke.

So now you’re in the loop!  WHN flew over the Eagle's nest... Here's a pic to put your thread back on track.   :)

eagles-on-nest-18feb12.jpg

• Upvote 7

A VERY RARE IMAGE OF THE AMERICAN EAGLE SWOOPING DOWN ON IT'S PREY.  HISTORY HAS SHOWN THAT THOSE WHO CHALLENGE AMERICA'S POWER THAT IS REPRESENTED BY THE BALD EAGLE
WILL NOT ESCAPE THE POWER OF ITS TALONS.  LEADERS WHO CALLOUSLY IGNORE AMERICA'S GREATEST WILL FIND ULTIMATELY FIND NO PLACE IN ITS HISTORY AND WILL BE REDUCED TO A MERE FOOTNOTE IN THE NATIONS HISTORY.

GIANT+EAGLE.jpg

• Upvote 3

Hi Rod   :wave:

This thread read "Sometimes you just need a reminder of who you really are!!!"   

I DID a need a reminder!  Thank you  :tiphat:

Though its inside-humor to those who know me, I don't mind telling you that I live in a cuckoo's nest.  I care for my mother who has Parkinson's and dementia (possibly Lewy Body <-- Google THAT!).  She has ever-worsening OCD that dominates what's left of her diseased brain.  Glimpses of intellect give way to total confusion.  To give you an idea... Mom can't dress herself, brush her teeth, bathe, walk or sit unassisted, operate a remote or turn on a light switch.  Her decline is rapid.  The ONLY reason she isn't in a nursing home is because she's so... difficult... she would NOT do well.  But I am truly blessed with a loving, understanding and supportive family.  Caring for someone so disabled is a harder job than I could have ever imagined... beyond her physical limitations, I deal with her psychological issues 24/7 (I can't count how many WTF moments we share in a single day!).  I do it with all the patience, love and humor I can muster... even when she pees on my feet at 3:00 am!  So I need a reminder now and then that I AM a nurturer.  Nurse Rached just personified a running joke.

So now you’re in the loop!  WHN flew over the Eagle's nest... Here's a pic to put your thread back on track.   :)

Thanks for the insight WHN....you sound like an Angel to me...prayin' for your strength and grace to be renewed every day!!!    :blush:

• Upvote 4