Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Banknotes and Coin updated....New Notes added...

yota691

Looks like these notes are much more sophisticated than the 2003-2011 versions. I wonder if the CBI changed their paper quality as well. It is quite poor on the old notes. If anyone has one of these notes, could you please compare paper quality with previous versions of 10K and 25K notes and comment? Thanks. 

Nelg, hopefully it means they will be calling our notes in!!

That's what I've long understood how the process is going to be....the call of collection on the current notes we have within the estimated 2 year period, to bring out/exchange these new notes into market while at the same time the possibility of the rate to float up/rise during the collection period....

I'll be having more whiskey drinks during happy hour tonight pondering on this  :confused2:  :cheesehead:

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 2

Hmm somewhere inside my mind wants to think that a 50 cent RV would make these new notes very viable. However, I could see this maybe a 10 cent RV. Think about it. This would make their lowest denom about 5 cents to the dollar. Now apply the argument used here in the States about how we should get rid of the penny. They would simply have no need for a lower value currency, unless of course it floated up to a greater exchange, which in turn, they could then release a 10 dinar or 5 dinar coin. Of course, this is probably an over simplification and the penny debate might not necessarily apply here. However we know they're pegged to the dollar, which likely means their market goods prices are as well. Which means there is probably little if any goods that are worth a penny (much like here in the States.) 

Edited by Nuki
  • Upvote 2

That's what I've long understood how the process is going to be....the call of collection on the current notes we have within the estimated 2 year period, to bring out/exchange these new notes into market while at the same time the possibility of the rate to float up/rise during the collection period....

I'll be having more whiskey drinks during happy hour tonight pondering on this :confused2::cheesehead:

Calling the notes we have in .. I'm fine with that but I wonder what will they pay me for them..