Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Clinton: Justice Obama 'a great idea'

While on the campaign trail in Iowa on Tuesday, Hillarious Clinton said it would be “a great idea” to nominate President Obama to the Supreme Court one day.

Clinton was holding a rally in Decorah with less than a week left before the first-in-the-nation caucuses when she was asked about the possibility of nominating the 44th president to the high court should she become the 45th.

"Wow, what a great idea. Nobody has ever suggested that to me," she said. "He may have a few other things to do."

Obama graduated from Harvard Law, the alma mater of a majority of the sitting justices on the court, and served as the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. There have been rumorsof him teaching at Columbia Law School after he leaves office, but nothing has been confirmed.

Assuming the GOP maintains control of the Senate in 2016, an Obama nomination would be a tough sell in the Judiciary Committee. Sen. Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican and presidential hopeful, serves on the committee and would likely be a vocal impediment to that nomination. Other GOP members who have accused Obama of flouting the Constitution would be sure to protest as well.

Clinton commented that the next president could make anywhere from one to three Supreme Court appointments depending on when justices decide to retire.

"I think that the Supreme Court has been heading in the wrong direction," Clinton said.

"Wow, what a great idea. Nobody has ever suggested that to me," she said. "He may have a few other things to do."

Obama graduated from Harvard Law, the alma mater of a majority of the sitting justices on the court, and served as the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. There have been rumorsof him teaching at Columbia Law School after he leaves office, but nothing has been confirmed.

Assuming the GOP maintains control of the Senate in 2016, an Obama nomination would be a tough sell in the Judiciary Committee. Sen. Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican and presidential hopeful, serves on the committee and would likely be a vocal impediment to that nomination. Other GOP members who have accused Obama of flouting the Constitution would be sure to protest as well.

Clinton commented that the next president could make anywhere from one to three Supreme Court appointments depending on when justices decide to retire.

"I think that the Supreme Court has been heading in the wrong direction," Clinton said.

• Upvote 1

Shockingly, I agree with Hildabeast.  SCOTUS has been going in the wrong direction for quite a while, but I am sure we differ on the incorrect direction SCOTUS has taken.  My definition of the wrong direction is that SCOTUS has stopped interpreting laws based on the Constitution and instead ruled based on their personal beliefs on whatever issue they are deciding.  SCOTUS has become the ultimate Court of legislating from the bench and that should be intolerable to everyone.  The fact that Ginsberg is still on the bench after admitting that she considers foreign laws when deciding cases should have been enough to be impeached for violating her oath.  Roberts admitting the latest ACA decision disregards the law as written and assumes to know Congress’ “intent” which sets a new precedent for deciding future cases contrary to how cases have always been and should be decided.

Hildabeast makes a good point that 3 of the current justices will likely be replaced by the next President, making it all the more important that a liberal is not the one making those appointments.

• Upvote 4

Oh my gosh Mr. George Hayduke, that is too funny. You made my day.  For the life of me I just couldn't figure out her physical look, and here you come with the precise body frame for her.  Who ever said evil was beautiful.....  You hit it on the nail!!!    :lmao:

Some one needs to post a picture of the Teletubbies.  I think she's worn all the colors  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 3