Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I live in a 'terrorist house': police speak to Muslim boy, 10, over spelling error

umbertino

Teachers report primary school student to authorities after he mistakenly writes about ‘terrorist house’ instead of ‘terraced house’ in class

Bonnie Malkin

Wednesday 20 January 2016 03.35 GMT

A simple spelling mistake has led to a 10-year-old Muslim boy being interviewed by British police over suspected links to terrorism.

The boy, who lives in Accrington in Lancashire, wrote in his primary school English class that he lived in a “terrorist house”. He meant to write “terraced house”.

His teachers did not realise it was a spelling error and instead reported the boy to the police, in accordance with the 2015 Counter-Terrorism and Security Act, which states that teachers are obliged to alert the authorities to any suspected terrorist behaviour.

As a result, the child was interviewed on 7 December by police and the authorities examined a laptop found at his family home.

His family has since demanded the school and police apologise, according to the BBC.

A cousin of the boy, who has not been named to protect his identity, said his relatives initially thought it was a joke, but that the boy had been traumatised by the experience.

“You can imagine it happening to a 30-year-old man, but not to a young child,” she told the BBC. “If the teacher had any concerns it should have been about his spelling.

“They shouldn’t be putting a child through this.

“He’s now scared of writing, using his imagination.”

The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, which came into force in July 2015 as part of the government’s anti-radicalisation strategy, Prevent, places local authorities, prisons, NHS trusts and schools under a new statutory duty to prevent extremist radicalisation taking place within their walls.

Critics of the act argue it forces teachers to over-react, rather than using their common sense, for fear of breaking the law.

Miqdaad Versi, assistant secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, the UK’s largest umbrella group for Islamic associations, said he was aware of dozens of similar cases taking place in schools around the country.

“There are huge concerns that individuals going about their daily life are being seen through the lens of security and are being seen as potential terrorists rather than students,” he said.

Lancashire police said in a statement the situation was handled by a PC and social services and that anti-terrorism police were not called in.

The school told the BBC it was unable to comment because it was investigating a complaint over the incident.

2667.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
Teachers in Lancashire alerted police after the primary school pupil wrote ‘terrorist’ instead of ‘terraced’.
Photograph: dbimages/Alamy

• Downvote 2

Not buying the grammar error . . . the kids' probably right first time. Most likely he recanted amidst " polite talking to" by family.

No doubt a thousand apologies and a parting gift of the Weather Undergrounds' "Bomb Making for Dummies" . . . just to show, there's no hard feelings.

“He’s now scared of writing, using his imagination.”

Hey,hey,hey, when Germany finally boils over because your refugee friends raped 800 women on new year eve, I freaking DARE you to go post this crap in Der Spiegel, I tipple quadruple double dog dare you to take your insanely confused libtard twisted self and go visit Cologne.

Truth is, you wouldn't even survive ONE NIGHT if you were locked outside and forced to find shelter amongst your rottenfaggot islamqueers.

I only wish those low life no morals nation invading terrorists will finally experience what they deserve, but alas, westerners stopped quartering criminals a few hundred years ago.

In Seattle, there are in fact humans that escaped persecution in the Middle East, and almost every single one that has built a decent life in harmony with western values will be the first to speak out against the refugees.

The truth is, the papers, progressives, and other people that desire an end to the world all ignore the "invisible Muslims" warnings.

Just like the American majority of decent hard working God fearing people are ignored, countries all over Europe are experiencing the greatest protests, biggest backlash against their "leaders", than some have seen since WWII.

I honestly don't know why you are so determined to promote this article whic is nothing but an assault on common sense, but for as long as you do, I reserve the right to reply with honesty.

It's tough to believe anyone can be so stupid as to not already know all they are doing to setting up for more free money with a lawsuit.

The end is coming, we just don't know if it's the end of tolerating pissants like the author of this article, or the end of America and freedom.

I back wiping out the pissants.

Would love to chat, but it's 6AM my time, time to go to the office, have to put in my 14 hours today, so I can get paid for 8, so I can donate 70% of that to support a government that hates me and morons that wont work.

And you wonder why we are getting angry??????

• Upvote 4